Honest 1/4

Mugunghwa Promise

Soeun blinks her eyes and tries to remember the event that happened several hours ago. She is enveloped in Myungsoo's embrace, back to solid chest. His breath tickles her nape, warm and comforting. She smiles and decides it's fine to sleep a little more. Her husband is here and everything will be fine. Unbeknown to her, Myungsoo is already wake. He knows when she stirrs slightly, he almost greets her, but when she brings his hand closer to her heart he is aware she doesn't want get up yet and he is surprisingly more than happy to comply. He inhales long breath, a habit he finds himself do quite often. Her natural scent is comforting, he associates it with citrus and the air after the rain, however he catches other scent, he is really familiar with this one. He chuckles, it's his perfume. 

"Do you miss me that much?" He whispers on her left ear. 

"I do" He is slightly surprise after he hears an answer when he doesn't expect it. Myungsoo lets her to turn around to face him. 

"I do miss you" She says firmly and dares him to say otherwise. He shakes his head, smirks and holds her chin up. He captures her lips in chaste kiss, he pulls away quickly. Caressing her jaw, he finally gets good look on her.

"I am only going several days and you already collapsed. May I know what did happen when I was not around ?" She sighs and brings her hand up, Myungsoo raises his eyebrows. She bites her lip, seems not realize it while her eyes keep attention on where her wedding ring is. He is waiting for her response. She finally snaps from whatever her thought is. She smiles to him and brings her hand down to place it on her side. 

"Nothing happened" She says after awhile. Seem to convince her self more than to convince her.

"Soeun" He doesn't like it when someone lies to him, it's better she doesn't tell him at all than being lied. 

"I....." She looks to his eyes. Myungsoo sees the hurt, helplessness, sadness, but there is the hidden hope behind. 

"I promise I am going to tell you when I am sure how to handle it first. Can you take that ?" She asks worriedly. He nods his head in understanding. 

"Do you want to have breakfast now ? I can have the nurse to bring it" She shakes her head, Myungsoo brings her closer flushes to his chest and she is happily rest her head on his chest. 

"Stay with me. I want to sleep some more, don't go anywhere" He chuckles, he can give that to her.

"I won't. I'll be here when you are awake" Soeun feels a kiss on her crown, she smiles before closing her eyes, letting her husband's heartbeat lulls her to sleep.

__________________________

"Auntie is back" Jimin shouts happily.

"I am not going anywhere, Jimin" Sehuna frowns.

"No, auntie is here but ehm. .." He looks to his mother to help him elaborate his thought.

"You were acted like someone else, God.... If I knew, I would brought Lee Howon faster" Bora explains while teases her. Sehuna isn't impressed. She can admit it to herself that Howon indeed makes her feel better and lighter than before, but she won't openly admit it to everyone. 

"Nah..... That's not nice of you, Bora" Her mother chides, her tone giver her away though. They bow when Howon's mother comes in view. Sehuna suddenly being enveloped by the older woman. 

"I am sorry. I thought I had taught him better" Sehuna shakes her head as she hugs back the older woman, she doesn't know why but she doesn't feel awkward to be around Howon's mother. She pulls away when she hears a cough, there her mother looks at her in amusement. 

"I feel like I am being left behind. My daughter chooses her mother in law than her own mother. I am hurt" She sighs dramatically. They laugh at her silly joke, it's not everyday you can see with your own eyes, Mrs. Choi cracks a joke. It's hilarious.

"I want auntie's hug" Jimin whines and suddenly the young boy plops beside her much to his mother chagrin. Sehuna laughs when the young boy hugs her without warning.

They still have long way to face, but as she looks around she realizes she has not only her family she gains another family as well. 

_________________________

Myungsoo is slightly surprised when he finds Sehuna and Howon in front of Soeun's room. He can tell that Sehuna is almost as healthy as the last time he saw her, maybe thinner but  The couple turns around when they hear his cough. 

"Come in" Myungsoo says to them, opens the door wider to let them slip in. Soeun who has already seen them smile her usual soft smile. Even so her smile wavers slightly, there is something behind her eyes which close to pain or regret he can't exactly pin point. The flash of emotion dissapears abruptly as fast as it comes. Howon has his attention on Sehuna, helping his fiancée to settle on the chair beside Soeun's bed before takes his place behind her, placing his right hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you for the basket of fruits and chrysanthemum bouquet those you had sent to me the other day. I found it funny to bring you the same. Thus, Hersey's chocolate confectionery selection is the best choice, beside I like it myself" Soeun shakes her head in amusement, this girl has playful side and she admits she will do good to someone as uptight and serious as Howon. 

"Myungsoo, did you turn your phone off? Sunggyu-hyung told me, he can't reach you" Soeun realizes it's only an excuse. However, she only smile when her husband tells her that he are going to make a call to Sunggyu while Howon follows him closely closing the door behind them. 

"Howon is not as subtle as he thought he would" Soeun chuckles, she nods her head in agreement.

"And maybe he didn't try to be at the first place" She adds chuckling. They smile to each other. 

"We decided to have the civil matrimony after I am being discharged from the hospital. The reception and other processions will need time to be arranged"

"Congratulation Sehuna-shi" She is perplex, but that doesn't mean she isn't happy to hear the good news. Smile which adores Sehuna's face can be described as radiant. Even so, her surprise must be written on her face when she elaborates.

"You came to see me before this craziness started. I unintentionally forced Howon to go back to Seoul. Resulting he placed his responsibility on your husband. I can't shake the feeling that I am in fault of this mess. I didn't manage the problem as good as I thought. I was afraid that Howon would null our engagement, he has become constant presence my life, the first friend I made since I was back to Seoul" Soeun nods her head, it's difficult to comprehend why Sehuna tells her about it. Even so, she appreciates to be trusted by her though. 

"Soeun-shi, you must be wondering why I tell you about I and Howon. We are not friends, we only ever interacted because of circumstances tell us to do so. I believe you realize how dysfunctional and twisted their life is. I need to reassure myself that someday Howon is going to trust me enough with his secret however dark it is" Her tone being softer as the words leave . Soeun is familiar with the feeling, she was in the same position, she is still but they surely work together to make their marriage work and Myungsoo is not as reluctant as before to share burden with her.

She smiles softly to the younger woman, reaching for her hand and gives gentle squeeze to her backhand. Sehuna tilts her head slightly, but she doesn't pull her hand away.

"It sounds silly, but I do believe in matches are made in heaven. I believe my marriage is one of it, hope you believe yours too" It's not an answer she is searching, they both know it perfectly. Nevertheless, the smile forms on Sehuna's face indicates it's enough for now. She needs as many as reassurances she can get. She is young, really young, it's okay to be afraid she has every right to feel that way. 

"You will be beautiful bride. I can wait for the wedding" Soeun teases her. 

"Be the witness on our civil union. Would you?" Sehuna asks, Soeun nods her head in enthusiasm. 

Howon and Myungsoo are back when the two have their Hersey's chocolate party. The latter grimaces, it's not that he hates chocolate, but to see the amount of chocolate Sehuna brings he is sure it's enough to feed the entire classmates at high school. 

"They really put new definition of enjoying chocolate" Howon comments in amusement. Soeun waves to them, they take their former place. Myungsoo shakes his head when Soeun gives him one of Hersey's kisses, she shrugs before eats it herself. Howon takes one of Hersey's miniatures that Sehuna offers to him. Too sweet for his taste, it's worth her smile though. It's only later after the three join force that Myungsoo reluctantly tastes the ban of his existence. He swears he will invest on dark chocolate with black coffee taste afterward.

___________________________

Hyunseung raises his eyebrows, he ever saw the man several times, but he has no recognization for who he is. He nods to the officer before sit on the chair and faces the man at the other side of the glass barrier.

"Hyunseung-shi, I am Kim Seokjin. Lee Sungha of Lotte's secretary" The older man is the only Lee in Lotte who he knew back before the whole mess happened years ago. He still acts pleasantly around him after. 

"What does bring you here Seokjin-shi?" They only have 3 minutes to converse, there is no need to walk around the issue, better they solve it in one go.

"I only have one question Hyungseung-shi. Where is the original copy of the CCTV ?"

"What are you talking about, I don't know what you mean by that. What CCTV ?" 

"Kim Hyuna is with me, she is outside in my car" Hyunseung looks at him with unreadable expression. 

"How?" Hyunseung asks or rather whispers. Seokjin produces a letter from his suitcase. 

"There is many things you got wrong Hyunseung-shi" He says and stands from his chair, bowing slightly before leaving Hyunseung.