Smile

Mugunghwa Promise

 

 

“Oppa, wake up. You’ll be late” So Eun poked Myungsoo’s arm. Myungsoo sat up lazily. So Eun just smiled and left Myungsoo.

“So Eun, have you seen my tie?” L shouted. So Eun thought for a while and answered.

“Which tie, oppa? I have prepared your clothes and tie in the sofa” So Eun came and brought coffee along with her.

“Thanks. I didn’t see my tie under my coat” L smiled sheepishly and took the cup of coffee.

“What is it?” L asked after taste the coffee.

“Caramel macchiato. How about the taste? Do you like it?” She asked.

“Not bad. Yeah, I like it. Thanks” She smiled as the return.

They have quiet breakfast. They were enjoying their morning. Kris brought Leo to his apartment. He said it’s better to have Leo with him than leaving Leo nags when he wants to go instead. It’s not such a big deal; he got trained to take care of his little brother anyway. He got some helped from Kwangmin and Youngmin who also spent their time in his apartment. Not to mention they always came to his apartment every day since their met. Their parents more than happy to allow their twin played in Kris’ place rather than spent their time in their home. Kris gave them his key so they can come every time they want.

“Ready?” Myungsoo asked quietly a moment later, after they finished their breakfast.

“Yeah” She smiled. Myungsoo drove in silence long an empty street of Seoul. Myungsoo parked his car in front of campus. Myungsoo followed So Eun till her office. He helped brought thick books. Myungsoo put them in the desk and waved to her. He paused after few step and turn around to face So Eun.

“Oppa, are you okay?” So Eun look worried. Myungsoo shook his head gave sign he was okay. Not knowing how to say what he felt, not knowing why he suddenly paused and turn around.

He took few steps toward her. He brushed the hair in her forehead then smiled.

“Take care. See you tonight” He said quickly. So Eun didn’t know how to react. She blinked and realized Myungsoo was not in her office anymore. She ran and saw Myungsoo at the top of staircase. He leaned on the wall, sighed and starting down the steps.

Myungsoo stopped as So Eun hugs him from behind. They stuck in the position for a moment till Myungsoo turn around to saw So Eun in eye level. Myungsoo waited for her to speak, and was about to say something when So Eun stepped closer, just few inch from his face. So Eun tiptoed and took his mouth in long kiss, slow kiss. Myungsoo closed his eyes and kissed her back. They broke the kiss felt lack oxygen.

“I have to go today I have important meeting” Myungsoo said, breathlessly.

“Sorry” So Eun looked down something in her shoes seems really interesting now.

Myungsoo gently tilted So Eun’s chin up and gave quick kiss before running down the stair. So Eun touched her lips and smiled.

“Myungsoo, Jonghyun called me to reminding you about your checkup schedule. Did you forget it on purpose?” Sunggyu asked askance.

“Hyung, I’m okay. I don’t need….”

“You need it” Woohyun came from nowhere along with Sunyeol who nodded his head.

“Guys, I’m fine. Don’t need to worry. See I’m 100% fine” Myungsoo tried to convince his friends. They took deep sighed.

“Do this or I’ll call Baekhyun to force you to do that” Woohyun smirked.

Myungsoo thought for a while before nodded and giving up. It’s better trap in hospital with Jonghyun than spend his time to hear Baekhyun nagging all day long. He ever felt that and swear he don’t want this nightmare happen anymore even just in a dream.

“How could you live with him?” Myungsoo snorted.

“Stupid question, L. He couldn’t live without Baekie by her side” Sungyeol said confidently.

“You got the point” Woohyun said with bright smile.

“Screw you all” Myungsoo said childishly.

Sunggyu just took a deep breath. When they will be more mature, he thought.

“L, Have you tell So Eun about your condition?” Sungyeol suddenly asked.

Myungsoo shook his head.

“I don’t want to be burden for anyone. You know guys it’s hard for me to admit how much I bother your life” L shighed.

“Man, what the with you. Shove your stupid thought away from your mind” They saw Hoya and Dongwoo. Dongwoo patted Hoya’s shoulder to make him calm.

“Aish, Dongwoo hyung. We need to teach him what is the meaning of friendship? Look he calls himself as burden. Tchhh” Hoya said sharply.

“L… We aren’t just your friends, we are your brother” Hoya said after a moment.

Woohyun and Sungyeol patted Myungsoo’s shoulder. Myungsoo smiled to them.

“L… So Eun needs to know and sorry Kris knew already. We told him yesterday” Myungsoo’s eyes widened.

“Baekie is Kris’s friend” Woohyun said apologetically.

“It’s okay later or sooner she will know about it. Just about the time, she will find out all about me” He sighed. There came silence moment till Sunggyu broke the silences.

“Myungsoo, I have big news” They diverted their gaze to Sunggyu. Sunggyu cleared his throat.

“Jaejoong hyung, he is in Incheon now” Their eyes widened, they looked at Myungsoo who just kept silence.

“Hyung” He whispered in low voice, but clear enough for the others to hear.

“Welcome back, young master” Jaejoong gave them smile and walked to the car.

“What did happen when I was not here? Father did he still the same?”

 “Sajangnim will spend most of his time to work. Your mother…” Jaejoong looked away.

“I mean stepmother has tried her best to make sajangnim forget about work, but all her effort seems useless. And about sajangnim and young master Myungsoo…”

Jaejoong took a long deep breathe.

Mom, when father will realized is not his fault? Mom, I wish you here.

FLASHBACK

“It’s not his fault. Eumma passed away when gave him birth not his fault. He never wants that never in his mind. You can’t blame him for something that he didn’t do”

“Is it enough, Joonmyun? Have something else to say? If you think that’s all you need to say, can you leave me alone? I still have many files to check. Would you….”

“Don’t need to finish your sentence. I know what you want” Jaejoong left his father office.

“…. How could…… Myungsoo, did you…” Jaejoong felt his throat dry all of sudden. Jaejoong took step closer toward Myungsoo.

“Don’t” Myungsoo ran, Jaejoong tried to reach him.

“Myungsoo, Myungsoo… We can talk about it, Myungsoo !!!!!!”

……………………….

 “Jaejoong, it’s your passport and ticket. Your flight is tonight at 8 pm. You will continue your education in London. Cambridge is the best place for you as heir of Lotte Mart ”

“How could you do this to me?”

“I want the best for you”

“You just want to separate me from Myungsoo. How could you do this?” Jaejoong clench his fist.

“Who did teach you to shout like that to your father?”  He took deep breath. It’s not going anywhere; all he could do is following what his father wants.

“If something bad happen to my little brother, I promise you I’ll make you regret for the rest of your life”

Jaejoong grabbed the ticket and passport, few step before he got out his father stopped him.

“Jaejoong, you know I love you more than anything else.”

Jaejoong turn around and smiled bitterly.

“Could you love Myungsoo same like you love me?”

“Did father know I have just come back?”

“No, young master. Sajangnim doesn’t know”

“Nice. Could you send all my stuff to Sunggyu’s place? I will live there instead”

“But young master, sajangnim will be really mad”

“Just do it, Mr. Hwan. I’ll take the consequence.”

“Yes, young master”

“Call Jonghyun, tell him to meet me in Sunggyu’s place this afternoon. Please, call Cheondung and Krystal too that I just came back to Korea. Now, could you bring me to Yonsei University”

“And Mr. Hwan makes Junhyung know I’m back. He will pay everything that he did to Myungsoo. I’ll make him begging for forgiveness.  From now on he will feel how miserable life is. You bring files that I want with you?”

“Yes, young master. I bring them” Jaejoong nodded.

So Eun didn’t know what did happen all she knew Myungsoo’s butler brought her to this café. He told her someone important wants to meet her. She just nodded and followed him.

Now, she is nervous. God, who is he/she? Does he/she that really important?

“Kim So Eun” She looked up and saw a man with beautiful smile stand in front of her. She blinked for a moment.

“Hello” She was back to reality when the man waved his hand in front of her face. She was confuse and the man in front of her realized how confuse she was.

“Oh… Sorry. I’m Kim Jaejoong, I’m Kim Myungsoo’s older brother. Nice to meet you sister in law” hung open. Jaejoong laughed didn’t expect the reaction like that.

“Oh… Oh…. Kim So Eun. Nice to meet you too, Jaejoong-shi. I’m really sorry I don’t know about you before. Sorry for my clumsiness” She bowed more and more. Jaejoong shook his head. Really interesting, no doubt his father chose her. She has good background family after all; he admitted she was beauty, simple beauty.

“I’m happy my father chose you for my brother” He said unconsciously.

“Pardon me?” So Eun asked.

“What? Did I say something?” Jaejoong asked back.

“No… Maybe, daydream” So Eun smile sheepishly.

“Have you ordered something?” So Eun shook his head.

“Where is the waitress?” Jaejoong called the waitress and chose drink and food; he asked So Eun what she wants.

“Is it okay to have some same with you, Jaejoong-shi” She asked politely. Jaejoong chuckled and gave sign to the waitress to write their ordered.

“Do you want anything else, Sir?”

“So Eun, do you want anything else?”

“No, thanks that’s enough” She said politely.

“I’ll be back in the minutes” The waitress excuse herself.

So Eun was watching Jaejoong intensely. Jaejoong look up smile sweetly, every girl that saw his smile in this state always look away feel embarrassment being caught watching him. He didn’t expect this especially…

“Why Myungsoo never smiled like you did, Jaejoong-shi? Is it because of his relationship with your father?” Jaejoong sighed.

“You had already found out, didn’t you?” So Eun muttered a sorry.

“It’s okay. Nothing to say sorry about” He gave her reassure smile.

It took silent for a while. Awkward…. All So Eun could explain.

“Mom, Sir. It’s your order. Enjoying your meal” The waitresses broke the silence. In deep her heart So Eun thanks God for this.

“So, would you choose we eat and chat happily or have serious conversation instead?” Jaejoong offered and smiled. So Eun swear Jaejoong would win the bright and shinning smile award if this award is exist.

“How about we eat and chat happily so we have much energy to have serious conversation” She smiled back.

“Seems I like this idea, okay” Jaejoong suppressed his giggle. Smart mouth…. He thought.

They ate happily and So Eun didn’t want to end this and change the topic to serious one, but she is in the urge to know everything about his husband and she won’t let the chance gone.

“Did Infinite tell you about something?” Jaejoong asked first.

So Eun nooded.

“What they said?”

So Eun hesitated at first, but she knew that Jaejoong actually have already known about it.

“I just need to know how far you know about our family even Sunggyu told me anything, but it didn’t explain how much you know about my little brother”

“You want us to go straight, don’t you?”

“Yes” he replied shortly. So Eun took deep breath and told everything she knows.

Silence.

“Jaejoong-shi, Could I ask you something?”

Jaejoong nodded.

“Do you love your brother?”

Jaejoong look her confuse, but he answered the question.

“Yes, I do. He is my brother something I treasured a lot”

Silence.

“Why do you leave him?”

Silence.

She really wanted to know the reason. She knew it’s rude, but all she wants was an answer. Why he left Myungsoo alone? Why he left him? Why? He said he treasured Myungsoo a lot. It’s bull or something. She stared at him. Jaejoong met her gaze and nodded. He cleared his throath.

“I….”

“Hyung” They diverted their gaze to the voice source.

“Myungsoo” Jaejoong stood up from his seat. Myungsoo step toward him took big pace. Behind him was Woohyun, Sunggyu, Sungyeol, Hoya, Dongwoo, and Sungjong.

Myungsoo stopped in front of Jaejoong, hesitate what to do next. Jaejoong brought his brother to his embrace.

“How are you lil bro? You look great” He complimented. Myungsoo pushed away his brother; Jaejoong could see Myungsoo’s watery eyes.

“Sorry” He muttered. So Eun grabbed his wrist and intertwined his hand with hers. Myungsoo smiled at her. The others hugs Jaejoong one by one, Sungyeol couldn’t suppressed his tears.

“Oh My Little Lee Sungyeol still the same. My cry baby”

“Hyung” Sungyeol whined. They laughed of the scene.

“Anyway, what are you doing here So Eun?” Suddenly Myungsoo asked.

So Eun felt nervousness swallow her all of sudden.

“This is Sunggyu’s idea. He said better for me to know my sister in law first and make good impression. Actually, I want to meet girl who can take my brother’s heart” Jaejoong answered.

Myungsoo looked to Sunggyu and Sunggyu who knew really well it’s an excuse, nodded and smiled widely.

“Well, how about have lunch. I am really hungry” Dongwoo said. They took more seats and chatting happily.

“Thank you” Jaejoong muttered to Sunggyu who nodded as return. Jaejoong saw Myungsoo and So Eun, he smiled.

Thanks to make him smile..... He smiles