The Start

Mugunghwa Promise

 

They arrived at Sunggyu’s house at dinner time. Sunggyu’s mother ran toward Jaejoong and hugged him tightly. They laughed at this sight, but they stopped when they heard a little sob.

“Why are you crying umma? I’m here” Jaejoong tried to make Sunggyu’s mother stop crying.

She broke the hug and cupped Jaejoong’s face with her shaky hands.

“It’s me umma. It’s me, I’m here” Jaejoong smiled widely. He really missed women in front of him. Someone that always made his day brightly, someone that hugged him tightly when he cried alone and someone he shared his feeling with. Someone that he trusted to took care and protected Myungsoo.

“Hm…hm” They all averted their gaze. Sunggyu’s father smiled and opened his arms wide. Jaejoong laugh a bit, walk toward him and felt the warm embrace.

“Long time Jaejoong” Jaejoong nodded. They broke their hug.

“Anyway, mellow time is over. I’m hungry. Let have our dinner. Who want come with me?” Sunggyu’s father asked. They laughed and followed him to dining room.

“Well, I forget we have guest today” Sunggyu's father smiled. Sunggyu looked at his father suspicious.

“Don’t say it’s one of your business partner” Sunggyu snorted.

“Well, something like that” Sunggyu scoffed hearing his father answer.

“Jaejoong, is it okay?” Sunggyu’s father asked.

“No problem” He smiled. Not long they heard step.

“Jongie, what are you doing here?” Sungyeol yelled. Woohyun face palm… Oh my this kid

Sungjong just smiled and behind him his mother, father, Howon’s parents, Woohyun’s parents, and Dongwoo’s parents. Jaejoong stood up and bowed toward them. Silent for a while till Sungjong broke the silences.

“Wowh… I love this meal. Great supper” Sungyeol glared to Sungjong.

“What?” Sungjong snapped.

“Hahaha….. You must be Lee Sungjong. Do you remember me?” Jaejoong asked. Sungjong tilted his head and narrowed his eyes.

“Ehm… Nope. Did we ever meet before?” He said honestly. Sungyeol face palm.

“You’re unbelievable Lee Sungjong” He sighed.

 “Eh… owh… sorry… I really don’t know who you are?” Jaejoong smiled and walk toward Sungjong who sat and made him look on his eyes.

“Better to remember me for the rest your life, kid. I’m Kim Jaejoong. Myungsoo’s older brother” Jaejoong smirked when saw Sungjong eyes open widely.

“Hyung” Sungjong cheered happily and throw himself to hug Jaejoong.

“Sorry, hyung. Forgive me for my bad memory”

“You are” Sungyeol cut. Sungjong sent him death glare, but ignored him fast and cling to Jaejoong. That scene made everyone laughed

They have nice chat and made joking along the dinner. Myungsoo and So Eun left first, Sungyeol and the others followed. Sungjong refused first when Sungyeol asked he came or not, but Jaejoong convinced him they will meet tomorrow. Sungjong finally went home happily. Their mother came with them. Their fathers and Jaejoong also Sunggyu had important conversation that’s why the others willing to left them.

“Ahjushie, thanks to give me place to live” Jaejoong spoke first. Sunggyu’s father sighed.

“You are my son. Don’t make it like we have met” Jaejoong smiled and nodded.

“Jaejoong” Hoya’s father spoke.

“Yes, ahjushie” Jaejoong replied, Hoya’s father let out deep breath.

“I and Hoya’s mother have discussed it. We decided you’ll replace my position” They looked surprised.

“Wait, what do you say?” Woohyun’s father wide open, disbelieve.

“I said Jaejoong will replace my position. I want to quit as fast as possible” He said calmly.

“Lee Junwoo, you can’t be serious, right?” Woohyun’s father still convinced himself that was joke after all.

“I am serious” He stated.

Silence filled the room. Jaejoong didn’t know what to do. It’s not one of his plans, he just wants to going claim his part of the company and he didn’t imagine settling himself on the high position. He didn’t know exactly what was going happen. Yes, he needs high position to take control and face his father.

“I know what you are thinking about. I’ll help you” Hoya’s father stated.

Jaejoong took deep breath. He shook his head.

“No, ahjushie. I can’t. I need you on my side. I can let you resign. If I’ll be the one who take responsibility of Lotte Mart. I need to keep all persons that have great ability on my side. I need all of you by my side, not just as my family but also partners” He smiled.

Hoya’s father thought for a while before nodded.

“So, what’s your next plan?” Dongwoo’s father spoke break the tense.

“I still have time to think about it. Maybe, I want welcome party first” Jaejoong laughed. They nodded and felt excited.

“Well, everything settles down. Next week we will held welcome back party”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What will you do then hyung?” Sunggyu asked when they arrived at his room.

Jaejoong let out chuckle.

“Don’t be so serious, Sunggyu. You don’t have to worry” Jaejoong stated.

“Hyung, we will bring anything down. Is it right?” Sunggyu looked at the window. It was midnight and all just dark. Jaejoong stood from the couch, leaning on the wall beside Sunggyu. He turned his gaze to Sunggyu. This boy seems weak and winy, but strong inside. Sunggyu hold altogether when Jaejoong was gone. He couldn’t be more grateful to God to have someone like Sunggyu.

“Hyung” Sunggyu broke the silences. Jaejoong taken back and seem surprised by Sunggyu’s tone. If he has to described this one, he would assume Sunggyu was desperate or something.

“Hyung” Sunggyu called once again. His tone became soft or whisper as well.

Jaejoong met Sunggyu’s eyes. No… This was not desperate. Something else….

“Thanks to come back” Sunggyu smiled, but Jaejoong could see tears on edge of his eyes.