Donor

Mugunghwa Promise

 

“Doctor, how is his condition? Make sure he will be safe. I’ll pay all just make sure he will be safe”

“I’m really sorry I have to tell this to you. Your son needs heart donor. From his medical record he has heart disease and this accident make his heart going worst. The impact of the crash is really bad. We have no choices, we must get donor immediately”

Myungsoo’s mother cried on her husband shoulder. Myungsoo’s father shook her shoulder comfort him. He bit his lip and holds his tears. Jaejoong and Jonghyun who just arrived froze. Jonghyun collected himself immediately and ran to the doctor.

Jaejoong walked on his father. He grabbed his father collar harsh.

“I told you… You’ll regret for the rest of your life when something happened to him” He clench his fist and ready to punch his father.

“Stop… Jaejoong… Stop” His step mother begged, but Jaejoong just ignored her. Jonghyun hold Jaejoong’s by the neck.

“Hyung…. Stop…..” Jonghyun who was back from talk with the doctor tried to prevent Jaejoong. He was so mad and shoved his mind away. Jonghyun could feel what Jaejoong through. Myungsoo is the only one who makes him still stand and survive. Just Myungsoo who could make him sane, but he also the reason why Jaejoong going insane.

“Let me Jonghyun. He deserves this. It’s what you want, aren’t you?  If you didn’t make him suffer, if you didn’t send me out of this country, he wouldn’t do this. You....”

“Jaejoong…….” They diverted their gaze toward the corridor.

They could see Myungsoo’s friends and their parents stood there. Worry was written on their face.

What made them shock was Sunggyu’s father punched his father hard.

“Sh*t you. If I know you’re this bastard, I’ll take Myungsoo at first place. Where were you when he needed you the most… Where were you Joonsu …. “ He shouted. He took deep breathe and continued.

“It’s not the right time to shout and blames someone. All we need is Myungsoo to be safe” Hoya’s father said.

The situation was tense.

“How is his condition?” Sunggyu’s mother asked her voice crack up.

“His condition…..” Jonghyun tried to find good word, but all seems bad on this way. His troath became dry”

“Spit it out, boy” Hoya’s father got impatient.

“We need heart donor to safes his life” Their mother broke on tears. Find heart donor wasn’t easy even you have a lot of money or everything, but give a heart??? Who will be willing give life to another people. It’s not like kidney you can share with another people because God bless human with two kidneys and still can live even just has one. Jonghyun glance to Myungsoo’s father and his mother.

“It’s just only way to safes him. Myungsoo didn’t come to check up anymore and the last time he did this was 2 years ago. Neither therapy nor drugs, he didn’t take it”

Silence....

“How many percent the chance is, Jonghyun?” Jaejoong asked.

“I don’t have any right to answer that. My father will come here. I have called him and he will personally be Myungsoo’s doctor” Myungsoo’s father was about to protest.

“Jonghyun-shi” Jonghyun turned around and saw young surgeon that he had met earlier before with doctor from A&E before.

“Doctor Song” The said doctor bowed toward them.

“I have to inform you that I’ll handle it from now on. Doctor Kim will be here soon and sorry If I’m rude, but patient and family is our responsibility so If you don’t mind I’m sorry I have to say you don’t have right to say something without permission” Jonghyun nodded.

Doctor Song Jong Ki told Myungsoo’s condition. His father was already trembling. Sunggyu’s father and Hoya’s father decided to find the donor and called their man as well to help them. After Doctor Song left them, Jaejoong glared to his father. He was really mad and punched the wall. Jaejoong walked out the hospital, he didn’t care how many people he had bump.

Sunggyu and Sungyeol followed him. Their fathers would be there, informed anything if something happened, but for now what they want just nothing going happen and this nightmare never came to their life. Sunggyu took last glance toward his mother. His mother was crying and her shoulder shaking violently. Jonghyun nodded to Sunggyu knowingly, he approached his mother and hugged her.

They followed Jaejoong’s car. It was so fast when Jaejoong yelled to his father bodyguard and forced them to give him car key, Sungyeol gasped and yelled to Sunggyu to walk fast. Jaejoong drove really fast and they wished he wouldn’t crush on someone or anything worst. Sunggyu tried hard to chase Jaejoong. Finally, Jaejoong parked his car. Jaejoong walked slowly to his destination. All they knew it would make their heart shaking. Sunggyu looked at Sungyeol who froze and didn’t know what to say.

“Come on” Sunggyu said. They saw from far Jejoong knelled down. They were sure Jaejoong was crying. Trembling, shoulder shaking, clench fist…… Jaejoong was crying badly. Sungyeol wanted to approach him, but Sunggyu prevented him for doing so.

“Let him” Sunggyu whispered.

It was torture for Sungyeol, he hold back his tears.

“” Sungyeol hissed.

Jaejoong stood and wiped his tears away. He looked to Sungyeol and Sunggyu signaling them to follow him. Sunggyu and Sungyeol nodded. Jaejoong was about to take driver seat, but Sunggyu signaling Sungyeol to drive instead. Jaejoong shrugged and let Sungyeol drove. Sunggyu followed them behind.

“Where do you want to go, Hyung?” Sungyeol asked broke the silences that surrounding them.

“Who did this to him?” Jaejoong asked straightforward.

“What do you mean hyung?” Sungyeol played dumbfound.

“My brother I know him so well, he wouldn’t do this if no one pushed him. He needed reason” Sungyeol gave in and decided it was not good choice if he sealed his mouth.

“I guess Sunggyu hyung will be the right person to tell this to you” Sungyeol took way toward Sunggyu’s house. Sunggyu who drove behind was confuse, but followed Sungyeol. Sungyeol signaling Sunggyu to go first, Sunggyu finally understand and did what Sungyeol ask.

They parked their car and the maid greeted them.

“All of you can go now. I have something to do and make sure no one will disturb us” Sunggyu demanded. His maid nodded and left them.

“What makes my brother take this decision?”

Sunggyu let out sigh. Sungyeol patted his shoulder, he gave him reassured smile.

“Promise me hyung. No one needs to get hurt after you know this” Jaejoong nodded. Sunggyu grabbed something from his jacket and gave them to Jaejoong.

“That’s Myungsoo’s diary. We will leave you alone if you need us we are on the balcony. Sungyeol come with me” Sungyeol obeyed and followed Sunggyu.

14 January 2005

Hey, hyung…. How are you? It’s almost 7 years after you went aboard, 6 years 4 moths…. Hahaha… maybe almost 6,5 years. I miss you, hyung… Will you come back immediately? Hyung, father misses you. I was eavesdropped his conversation with mom yesterday, he said if he could change your mind. Please, hyung. Call father, he really miss you… I miss you too…

Jaejoong read the next page. Myungsoo seems didn’t write everyday maybe just when he needs to let out his mind that he can’t let his friends know.

March 2005

Jaejoong saw Myungsoo’s big smile, but he also saw his sad eyes. A picture took on his 15th birthday. Myungsoo stood on the center beside him were Sungyeol, Sungjong, Sunggyu, Woohyun, Hoya along with their parents. Behind the picture he read Myungsoo’s scattered writing.

Hyung, I want you to meet my friends and their family. Yes, they are Hoya and his parents, Sunggyu and his parents, Sungyeol and Sungjong along with their parents and our cousin Woohyun. Did you ever meet him before? We become friends now, no but more than that. Owh… Almost forget the last boy and his parents. They are Dongwoo and his parents…. His father is our dad’s friend.

Not so long his phone rang. He checked the caller ID. Woohyun….

“We get the donor” Woohyun said.