Intersection

Mugunghwa Promise

"Hei, hyung. How are you? I wish I could see your face once again. She lives well. Don't worry, I'll make sure that. Hyung, I have many story to share with you.hahaha.... Hei, do you know she is marrying someone younger than her. His name is Kim Myungsoo, 3 years younger I mean 2,5 years younger . I'll visit you as fast as I could"

SOEUN

"So Eun, I will attend bussiness meeting at Gyeonggi-do for 2 days . You can go to your home if you want to" He said while wore his tie

"Nah... I'm okay here" I said smiling to him.

"Up to you. You can have a friend to keep you company while I'm not home" He said and took his briefcase that I gave to her. I sent him out to his car and waved to him, watching till his car dissapeared on the next block. The happy smile I put on my face cracked and replaced by sad smile.  I went back to clean our home, I entered Myungsoo's work room, last place to clean up. A document caught my attention, it was lying on the work desk. I saw the document yesterday night, I immediately read the title of the document.

New Branch Project. Pyeongchon Store, Dong Ang Gu, Anyang, Gyeonggi-do...

Gyeonggi-do.... Oh my.... I ran to get my cell phone and dials my husband's number.

Oppa... Please, answer my call. Why he doesn't answer my call?

MYUNGSOO

"L... Your phone is ringing. Just answer it" Sungyeol said in annoyance

Soeun.... Why does she call me?

"Why don't you answer the call and why do you need throw away the battery?" Sungyeol asked when he saw Soeun's name on the screenview.

"I just don't want to answer. It's not like important call" I said without averting my gaze from the view outside

"Don't blame her for what happened to you. She isn't that left you Myungsoo" He said in concern.

"Could you keep your advice for yourself, hyung? Don't tell me what to do with my marriage and I'm already get over that " I hate when they reminded me of those time.

"It's not advice. I just remind you, you're my friend and you know we just want the best for you" He said in resignation, it seemed they were already tired to remind me.

"Don't take the blame on her for everything that she not did. She is your wife" He said before read back the document he was holding without waiting for my response.

Please, I can't bear it anymore. I'm not right one for you. Someday, you'll find someone who is better than me. You're too perfect for me, you're too good to be real. Lotte's heir should deserve perfect one too, I'm not the one. I'm sorry.

Did you have another reason? Is it my faulth If I was born as heir of Lotte? What do you want? If I'm poor, will you accept and love me? Do you love even me?

Love is not enough. It's imperfect life, we're too different. I don't have courage to fight for you.

I knew everything, that wasn't the reason you left me. You had another reason, you lied to me.

SOEUN

I decided to take train to Anyang. I wish I wouldn't wait too long for train to Anyang, I already informed my colleague to cover me up for my class. I thanked God that the next train schedule was in my favor, I looked around and saw a cafe, I guessed it wouldn't be hurt to get some water bottle. After getting myself the water bottle and candy, I was walking back to the platform when I accidentally crashed on someone.

"Mianhae, I'm in hurry. I don't.........."

"Mianhae, I should've watch my step" I smiled to the stranger. He was standing there looking at me, his face was unreadable.

"Mister.... Mister?" I asked him in worry, I almost shook him but then there was annoucement for the passenger about the arrival of train to Anyang.

"I'm sorry. My train has arrived. Have good day" I bowed to him and walked fast to the train.

JUNHYUNG

She........ Is she? Those eyes, those lips, those cheeks. The girl.......

Junhyung snapped from his thought. He searched frantically for her and saw her inside the train that already left.

"Junhyung, where are you going? I have searched for you everywhere. We don't have much time. Is that your document? We can get trouble If you lost some archive for our meeting" Doojoon took the document that I hold in my hand.

" Where do you get this document? It's secret document belong to Lotte Department Store. Don't say that you pay someone to do dirty job? How could you do this" Doojoon glared at me, waiting for my explanation.

"It's her" I said and took the document back from him.

"Her? Who?" Doojoon asked me, I pleaded with my eyes asking him to give the document to me. He was taken back but giving me back the document. I shook my head telling him I would tell him later and in last minute deciding to find her. I asked the station staff about the train and they told me that the train destination was Anyang.

"I don't have time to explain. Cancel the meeting, say that I have to solve some problem in Gyeonggi store. I will explain later. Give me your car key, hurry"  Doojoon gave me his key and told me where he parked his car. I ran to the parking lot and silently prayed to the higher deity that I could see her again.

90 minutes.... If I drive faster than usual, It'll take just 60 minutes. Where should I go? Station or Lotte Department Store branch office.

MYUNGSOO

 

... Where is the document?

"Myungsoo, What are you looking for?" Sungyeol asked, I ignored his question and rummaged my briefcase searching for the document.

"I can't find it" I said in frustation and took my cell phone out, I called Sunggyu-hyung letting him know we had arrived at Anyang and told him that the document was nowhere to be found. Sunggyu-hyung told me that Soeun just called him before asking for the address of our branch, I told him that I was going to find her then.

"Sungyeol-hyung, can you open the meeting ?. I should find the document first. I won't take a long time" Sungyeol looked at me in worry, but then nodded his head.

-------

Soeun arrived at Anyang and immidiately called cab to take her to branch office of Lotte Department Store in Anyang. She has asked Sunggyu while she was on the train. She gave the adrress to the taxi driver. She paid the taxi driver and ran inside the building.

"Excuse me; Could I meet Mr. Kim Myungsoo?" She asked in hurry.

The receptionist looked at her from head to shoes.

"I'm sorry Miss, but all of our managers and Mr. Kim Myungsoo himself are in the meeting"

"It's really important. I need to meet him"

"Miss, I'm sorry I can't help you. No one has told me to allow anyone outside to disturb the meeting. If you are still persistent, I can call the security" Soeun took deep breathe, she looked around and she saw Myungsoo walked out of the elevator with cell phone on his ear to outside. 

"Myungsoo-oppa" Myungsoo turned around to see Soeun walked fast to his side.

"Oppa, I bring your document" She said to him.

"Give me that document" He extended his hands. She rummaged for the document in her bag. Myungsoo was frustated when she couldn't find it.

"Where is the document?" She was panicked and Myungsoo who was already in his edge couldn't control his emotion.

"Did you lose my document? Do you know how important that document? " He hissed. She looked down, afraid to look at him.

"Shhhhh..... You make anything become worst" He ruffled his hair roughly. She kept looking at the floor, her shoulders shook.

Is she crying ?

"I'm sorry. I'll find it" Her eyes teary when she looked at him, but she smileD to him. He rubbed his face, guilt had started travel to his heart.

Junhyung parked his car outside the branch...

Good job Kim Myungsoo, your company growth very fast.

Junhyung watched when she ran to him. He didn't need to hear what they're talking about, but he knew it was about the document he had. Myungsoo was mad on her, he ruffled his hair in frustated and Junhyung's heart clenched when he saw the sad smile on her face.

"Kim Myungsoo" He called his name. He made my presence known by them.

Junhyung….. Why he is here?

“Hei, Myungsoo. Long time not see you” He smiled to him, Myungsoo smiled back just out of politenes, raising his eyebrow in askance. 

“Junhyung-shi, what are you doing here? It's strange, Shinsegae 2nd command comes to branch office of Lotte” Myungsoo said before he swept his gaze to the surrounding, the employees immediately focused their attention to their work although some glanced briefly before walking fast avoiding Myungsoo's gaze.

“Myungsoo-shi, I'm not here to fight or something. Don't you think even our department stores are rival, I'm still older than you" Junhyung answered easily with charming smile.

Myungsoo balled his fists. So Eun saw the exchanges, she could feel his anger. She grabbed his wrist and tried to calm him down. Myungsoo averted his gaze to her slightly, calming his raging emotion, it wouldn't do good if he lashed his anger out in public.

“Sorry, for the rudeness. I have just encountered some problem. So, Junhyung-shi why are you here? Anthing could I help you?” Myungsoo said politely.

“Almost forget. I come here to give it back to her” He looked straight to her, she was confused and shook her head not knowing what Junhyung was talking about when Myungsoo raised his eyebrows to her.

“You dropped it in Seoul station, I guess you really need it so I bring it back to you” Myungsoo widened his eyes when he recognized the document Junhyung hold out to Soeun.

“Thank you” So Eun said gratefully while taking the document from Junhyung. She bowed several times to him showing her gratitude. 

Does he come to Anyang just to give the document back to So Eun? It’s not Junhyung who I know. He would have not troubled himself to go this length and he could keep it for their advantage.

“I have to go. I hope we can meet next time in more pleasant way” She bowed to him and excused himself, he waved his hand without look behind.

“Myungsoo” Sungyeol ran toward them.

“Is that Yong Junhyung from Shinsegae? What is he doing here? I thought he is attending big meeting in Seoul. Rumor spreads that USA investors will have meeting with Shinsegae today”

Yong Junhyung, what do you want?

"Oh... Is that so? I have troubled him to come here to bring the document I accidentally drop at Seoul station" Soeun said in worry. 

Sungeyol was stunned hearing Soeun's exclamation. Myungsoo shook his head, he didn't know either. Soeun looked at her wristwatch and realized she could make it in time for her lecture on 1 P.M.

"Oppa, I'll be back to Seoul. I forget I have lecture today. Good luck for your meeting” She bowed to Sungyeol and waved to them. 

“She will back to Seoul alone? Aish….” Sungyeol said. Sungyeol stopped her before she could get inside the taxi.

"I will call my driver, go back with him to Seoul”

“Thank you very much Sungyeol-shi, but I can go back by myself”

“No but, just listen to me” Sungyeol looked to Myungsoo, Myungsoo nodded his head and Soeun reluctantly agreed. 

Sungyeol informed Sunggyu of Junhyung's sudden appearance and they came to same conclusion that they need to find out his motive. There wouldn't be another same story, not if they could prevent it.