Playful Morning

Mugunghwa Promise

 

Myungsoo rubbed his eyes; he looked up and saw So Eun’s face. Peaceful and beautiful…. So Eun’s hand was still on his fore head and another hand hold his hand. He smiled, it was still 5 am too early to wake and he tried to sleep little more. He tried to remember the lullaby last night. Where actually he heard this lullaby first? He shrugged off and made his position more comfortable.

So Eun stirred and tried to stretch her arm, but she couldn’t, someone hold tight his hand. She looked down and saw Myungsoo was still sleeping. She moved his bang to the side. She traced her fingers felt his features.

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You’ll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I’ll be safe and sound

She sighed and watched her intensely. 5 months….

What did happen on your past, oppa? Please, open your heart. Please, let me in to your life. I know 5 months is just short time, I wish I knew you long time ago.  I wish I was there to comfort you. I wish….  Stop to wish So Eun. You can’t turn back the time, from now on you must be stronger no matter what you must be stronger enough to be shoulder to cry on, hold his hand and you are the one who can protect him. I promise you even this world leave you, even no one on your side, I’ll always stand by you. I don’t care how many times I need, how many times I spend all I want is you notice me. Notice that I’m here to hold you and never let you down. If abeoji is your happiness, I will make it comes true.

She moved slowly. She put pillow under Myungsoo’s head. Myungsoo stirred, but didn’t wake up. She kissed his forehead and went to bathroom immediately. Myungsoo opened his eyes and smiled. How could he sleep when someone touched his face and caress every part of it? He loved the warmness of her hand. He was still sleepy and an hour more sleep didn’t kill him anyway.

So Eun finished her bath fast and used her clothes. She needed to prepare Myungsoo’s clothes as well and made breakfast. She must check Leo in another room. Leo’s parents promised to pick him up on 10 a.m, they were too tired after the flight yesterday so they decided came to their house the day after.

She prepared waffle, crepes, French toast, latte, cappuccino and orange juice. She remembered that Sungyeol really love coffee of Americano so she made it too. She had enough time to make this all. Her first course today is on 11 a.m.

“What’s next? Is it healthy enough? Wait? I need salad and pudding” She was rambling and rambling. She didn’t realized Myungsoo was watched her. Myungsoo put her hands on the counter and tried hard to suppress his laugh.

“Finally, done. Good job, So Eun” She smiled proudly. Myungsoo cleared his throat.

“Um… um…” She turned around, her eyes widened.

“Owh… Oppa, how long you are here?” She asked.

“Not long ago. Just enough to listen someone rambling no end” He smirked; she smiled sheepishly and stuck her tongue out.

“Ha..ahahaha…” Myungsoo laughed. It’s unpredictable. He thought she would blush and her face reddened. Guess, he was wrong at first place.

“What’s so funny?” She felt annoyance. Myungsoo hold his stomach and tried to wipe his tears.

“Nothing. I thought you would blush and covered your red face or something like that” He replied casually.

“Do you think I’m teenager? It’s not like I make mistake in front of my undying crush and feel the world against me to let him see my foolish. You’re not my crush anyway” She smirked.

“Owh… That’s hurt” Myungsoo pretended hurt. His hand was on his chest. So Eun closed their distance and looked on his eyes intensely.

Myungsoo tried to calm, he didn’t know why he felt uncomfortable with their proximity. So Eun leaned closer, Myungsoo took step back.

“Hahaha…..Look your face oppa. You look like girl who fear that a boy will kiss her or something” So Eun laughed and Myungsoo blinked his eyes. His wife really made him piss off. He smirked and cupped So Eun’s face. It’s So Eun turn to blink rapidly.

It’s your turn to scare.

He pushed her back till leant on the wall. What will I do then?

He traced his fingers from his forehead, eyes, cheeks, nose and slowly caressed her lips with his thumb.

Myungsoo lean forward, So Eun felt his breath, his nose touched her nose, she closed her eyes.

“Owh….” She rubbed her forehead. Myungsoo flicked it hard. She glared to him.

“That’s what do you get after teasing me” Myungsoo smirked and took his cup of coffee.

So Eun smiled. I guess I can use to his behavior. I love his playful side.

Myungsoo sat in front of television and read morning newspaper. He read the first page, business and economic rubric. Sometime he wondered why this rubric always on the first page, is the business and economic that important? Though he is businessman he still didn’t get it. Maybe, he is in this kind of world when he was really young to sit on high position. Not really genius likes his brother, but he was sure enough he won’t get this position if he had no ability. So Eun tapped his shoulder and placed tray in front of him. Bowl of rice, vegetable soup, egg roll, fried shrimp, strawberry pudding and glass of orange juice.

“Hei, is it not too many?” Myungsoo asked.

“I know you’re hungry. Sungyeol oppa called me last night that you too didn’t have time to take dinner” She said and left Myungsoo to eat.

The doorbell rang. Myungsoo stood up and opened it. He was shocked, Krystal hugged him tight, hug-bear-crash-bone exactly.

“Krystal, you will kill him” Sanghyun hugged her wife from behind and made her leant toward him.

“Thanks hyung” Myungsoo said.

“Owh… Cousin. I really miss you. How are you?” Krystal and Sanghyun still on their lovey dovey public display position, but it was okay for Myungsoo as long as she didn’t kill him with her breathtaking embrace.

Krystal pushed Sanghyun when she saw Leo was running down stair with So Eun chased her from behind.

“Come on, noona. Catch me”

“Leo…. Be careful….” So Eun took breath.

“Leo” Sanghyun called his name. Leo saw his father and running toward him. Sanghyun opened his arms to catch Leo.

“Appa…. I miss you” Leo said.

“I miss you too, sweet heart” He kissed his forehead and hugged him again.

Krystal kneeled down and pouted, Sanghyun saw her and brought Krystal for hug.

“I miss you, dear” Krystal said.

“I miss you too, umma” Leo replied. So Eun and Myungsoo smiled watch this scene. So Eun invited them to breakfast.

They had breakfast and chat happily. They talked about random thing, Sanghyun’s job, Jaejoong, company and everything they could find. Krystal didn’t pay attention to their conversation; she was really amazed with his son suddenly attitude change; Leo didn’t throw his food anywhere and ate his meal calmly. After he finished his meal, he put his chopstick on his plate and he drank all his milk.

“Ahjumma, gamsahamnida for the meal” He bowed slightly and smiled.

“It’s just my opinion or Leo changes a lot” Krystal whispered to Sanghyun. Sanghyun nodded, Krystal leant forward and touched Leo’s forehead. Leo just looked at her and tilted his head.

“He doesn’t shove my hand” Krystal squealed. Krystal stood and ran to Leo side, she hugged him. Leo looked at him with his big eyes, he was confused.

“Wowh… So Eun, Myungsoo what are you doing to him? Wowh….” Krystal didn’t believe it.

“Is it my son?” She asked disbelieve.

“Umma” Leo whined and pouted.

“Well…. Yes, you’re my son” She hugged him once again. Sanghyun shook his head.

“Krystal. Come on, finish your meal” He said. Krystal nodded and she back to her former seat. She finished her meal, but her eyes were watching Leo intensely. Leo was sitting on his father lap and his father kept shoving waffle to his little mouth, he obeyed and didn’t protest.

“Anyway, ehm… how you two… ehm… change.. him?” She asked hesitate.

“I mean ehm… actually… ehm… he didn’t like to take breakfast and it is still 7.30 a.m. I mean it’s too early for him to wake up. 8 days and he changes a lot” She commented.

“It’s not us. Actually he just spent 3 days with us, he spent the rest with Kris” Myungsoo replied.

“Kris hyung” They averted their gaze to Leo and saw his eyes lit up brighter than before.

“I miss him. Appa, you must meet him. He is handsome, kind, tall, funny, and many more. You must meet Kwangmin and Youngmin too. I like them” Leo said excitedly.

“Who is Kris, ehm Youngmin and Kwangim?” Sanghyun asked.

“Well, it will be long story and I don’t have many time left. I have many files to check” Myungsoo said unexcited.

“We have enough time to hear that long story and don’t worry I will call your father and tell that you need to help me” Krystal smirked, he hates when Krystal smirk it means he must do everything she wants.  

So Eun smiled, she like when Myungsoo could laugh out loud. She had enough time to be with them and she cherished this moment.