Unconditional Love

Mugunghwa Promise

 

So Eun finished her teaching schedule early. She has one course today; it is still 1 p.m. Sanghyun and Krystal pick Leo up yesterday so she has no other activities to do. She was heading to Lotte Mart not their office to meet Myungsoo, she just wants to grab something necessary for home stocks.

She was still busy to choose the best products in front of her when someone approached her.

So Eun startled when someone hugged her waist from behind. She almost screamed. The man made her turned around and saw Myungsoo along with his genuine smile.

“Thanks God. I think something bad will happen to me” She took deep breath and sighed in relief.

“Ehm… Ehm….” They averted their gaze and saw Woohyun grinned.

“Owh….. So sweet. I wish I could to that to you Baekie” Woohyun winked to his 'wife'. Baekhyun smacked his head hard. Woohyun rubbed his head while Baekhyun walked toward them.

So Eun still tried to register what happened a minute ago. Okay, she was here and Myungsoo hugged her, made her wanted to scream because of fear and Woohyun flirted with boy. Is it dream?

She rubbed her eyes and blinked twice. Myungsoo watched her worriedly.

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked. So Eun nodded hesitant. She saw that beautiful man flash cute smile to her and said something, but she was still on her confuse state and maybe half daydreaming. Myungsoo shook his head and tapped her shoulder. So Eun looked up and met Myungsoo’s worried eyes. She smiled and then she knew Woohyun also in front of her. Worry written on their faces. She could saw that beautiful man want to crying, teary eyes exactly.

“Are you okay?” So Eun broke their silences. Baekhyun and Woohyun watched each other.

“Err.. I’m okay” Baekhyun smiled, So Eun gave her sincere smile on return.

“Anyeonghaseyo, choneun Kim So Eun imnida. Nice to meet you. Wish we could get along” She bowed. Baekhyun saw in awe, but immediately introduces himself.

“Anyeonghaseyo, Byun Baekhyun imnida. Nice to meet you too” He said.

“See…. She likes you” Woohyun said and gave him quick peck.

“People is watching” Baekhyun hissed. Woohyun shrugged.

“Don’t worry no one is watching us. It’s inspection and when I saw So Eun here I asked our manager to closed this area” Myungsoo smirked. So Eun averted her gaze to see around. Yup, no one there except them four. Woohyun smirked and link his arm on Baekhyun’s waist hold him closer.

“Guys, Can you stop lovey dovey public display for a while just not in front of my wife actually?” Myungsoo sighed. Woohyun stuck out his tongue, Baekhyun’s cheek reddened. So Eun slapped Myungsoo’s arm.

“Don’t be rude. You are the first said toward us don’t worry for people, and then you say to stop because I’m here” So Eun said annoyance.

Woohyun suppressed her laugh, but Baekhyun’s face flushed even more. Her phone was ringed; she excused herself to pick her phone.

“Yeoboseyo, So Eun”

“Appa!!!” She shouted excitedly.

“Hahaha…. Do you miss me that much sweety?” His father asked. So Eun nodded rapidly even she knew his father didn’t see what she was doing.

“How have you been? Are son in law okay? How is his job?” His father asked. She pouted.

“Who is your child? I am or him?” So Eun didn’t realize she pointed her index finger to Myungsoo. Myungsoo was confused and about to say something when So Eun back to his side and gave him the phone. So Eun nodded, Myungsoo grabbed the phone and brought it closer to his ears.

“Not like that. You are my daughter, he is your husband absolutely my son. So it makes sense I want to know is my son did great or not”

“Em… em… Yeoboseyo, abeoji” Myungsoo spoke.

“Owh… It’s you, how dare my daughter didn’t tell me I talk to you” His father in law chuckled. Myungsoo smiled and chatted happily with the other man.

So Eun just smiled, Woohyun and Baekhyun smiled too when they knew who Myung was talking with.

“I miss my parents” Baekhyun said unconsciously. So Eun averted her gaze to Baekhyun. There she could see Baekhyun’s sad expression. Woohyun squeezed his hand and kissed his head. Baekhyun looked up and smiled weakly. Baekhyun caught her eyes; So Eun couldn’t look away so she just stood there. Those dark eyes kept sadness behind, those weak smile she knew he smiled to ease Woohyun’s feeling.

So Eun didn’t know about gay things, she didn’t know how this relationship works, but she knew that couple in front of her they really love each other.

Baekhyun was smaller and shorter than Woohyun, he has beautiful features, long eyelashes, dark crystal eyes, cute face, small nose and well he is beautiful than girls on his way actually. Woohyun was manly and masculine, he has great taste on clothes; at first you will think he is bad guy type. His suit really good on his body, his messy hair made him more gorgeous.

Myungsoo tapped her shoulder and made her jump slightly. Myungsoo looked her askance. So Eun let out nervous laugh. Myungsoo shrugged it off and gave her phone back. Woohyun and Baekhyun excused and waved toward them.

“Do you need something else?” Myungsoo asked. So Eun shook his head, they were on the cashier to pay. The cashier seems uncomfortable, fraid, fear or something like that. Myungsoo didn’t pay attention and just stood beside So Eun. So Eun realized the cashier afraid to made mistake and worry because Myungsoo was there. She noticed it, how every employer were really scared and bowed anytime they passed them. Myungsoo nodded and So Eun smiled toward them.  

“Oppa, I can pay it by myself. Just wait me outside” So Eun said. Myungsoo shrugged and gave the cashier his card, and she took it shakily.

“I will wait you outside. Please, make sure someone bring the bags” Myungsoo said before heading outside. The cashier nodded, nervous.

“Thank you” So Eun said toward her.

“Sure… Mrs. Kim” She replied hesitantly.

“Just call me So Eun. I guess you’re older than me eunni. See you next time. Thanks for work hard” She bowed, the cashier smiled brightly. Never someone in her life said that. The other employers who saw that, smiled too. So Eun refused with polite smile when they offered to brought her shopping bags. She used to do this by herself.

She didn’t want to shop with Myungsoo anymore she noted.

Myungsoo eyes widened when he saw So Eun brought her shopping bags by herself. So Eun noticed it.

“It’s not I bring a ton stuff, I can do it by myself” Myungsoo just nodded and they heading to go home.

Baekhyun’s sad face bothered her so much.

“I thought you knew Baekhyun” Myungsoo said. So Eun tilted her head. Myungsoo chuckled and messed her hand. They still wait the red light turned green.

“Baekhyun is Kris’ friend. I supposed you know him, but I think it’s your first encounter” So Eun nodded.

So Eun thought a while before arrange words to ask Myungsoo about Baekhyun.

“Oppa, why did Baekhyun-shi seem sad when saw you were talking with my father?” The light turned green.

“I will tell you latter” Myungsoo concentrated on the way. So Eun looked outside.

Almost sunset…..

Myungsoo helped So Eun cooking. So Eun swear Myungsoo was the most terrible person in the kitchen. All he could do was create mess.

“Oppa…. I said 85o C not 105OC” Wowh…. She saw that cake on awe. Myungsoo got message, Hoya need their market report.

“So Eun, I go for a while” He said. Thanks God he didn’t burn down their house.

So Eun brought tray to Myungsoo’s room. Myungsoo was behind his desk focus on something on his laptop; in front of him were some files that needed to wait for him to check and sign.

She sat on the couch there. Myungsoo noticed her and arranged his documents; he smiled satisfiedly when saw sent notification on his email. Myungsoo was little excited; he told her everything about his works and his activities in office. So Eun was more than welcome to listen. She nodded, smiled and gave few comments; even laugh when she knew his husband clumsiness.

Myungsoo cleared his throat and began serious

“What do you want to know about Baekhyun?” So Eun didn’t know what she wanted to know about Baekhyun. She just felt uneasy when remembered Baekhyun’s sad expression.

“I guess I just need to tell you. I believe in you” Myungsoo said. So Eun looked to him, he gave her sincere smile. So Eun nodded.

 “12 years ago when I was at my second semester of 10 th grade, I told the other hyungs I wanted change of environment. I, and Sungyeol, Howon, Woohyun  who on 11th grade decided to transfer to public school. Dongwoo-hyung didn't come with us because he has already at 12th grade and prepared himself for final exam and university admission. The four of us wanted something new, private school was boring place. Well, not to mention Howoh’s hyung grandfather was the owner of our former private school. In new school we became famous and popular, many guys envied us. They really wanted to kick us out of school. I have no friends at first, maybe because I was quiet and didn’t give damn around me except for my close friends. They insulted us behind our back and I just shrugged, but sometimes it was unbearable. I didn’t know what did happen those evening, my classmate informed us that Woohyun kick and beat some guys. I knew them, they were same guy who insulted me because of……..” He stopped. So Eun squeezed his hand and muttered “don’t say what you don’t want to say”.

“Baekhyun tried to stop Woohyun from kill them all. Woohyun-hyung was really mad and pussed Baekhyun aside to harsh. When we arrived Baekhyun was unconscious and his forehead was bleeding. Herealized that and we rush to the hospital. Doctor said he was okay, but he said they need to take care all of the bruises. Baekhyun was bullying victim. We discovered the fact the day after. We never heard bullying in our school before because we knew that our President Council was control the school,neither kingkas or queenkas has been ever exist. It happened outside the school. Woohyun-hyung promised to protect Baekhyun as apologize. We and President Council, Junmyeon-hyung search for the evidence and kicked them from school. Woohyun-hyung didn’t stop at that state, he would watch him from far and made move when he sensed something. Baekhyun always took bus to go to school; Woohyun would park his car a block from the bus station. It was going like this for 1 or 2 weeks. Woohyun was badass type and cassanova as well. His existent never unnoticed. We ever ride the bus once and we could sense peoples talk about us. Baekhyun just watch us and narrowed his eyebrows then shrugged. We let out relieve sighed, but Baekhyun didn’t that numb like our thought. He realized that Woohyun-hyung stalked him" He paused and looked at Soeun to see her reaction. Soeun noded her head and urged him to continue.

"One day Baekhyun took different way to go home, Woohyun-hyung lost him. He was really panic; he felt something bad would happen. He was right, Baekhyun was found unconscious. He was beaten merciless. We just need less than hour to found the suspect. The bullies took revenge to Baekhyun after made them expeled from school for good, it was not Baekhyun’s. They were chickens; they didn’t have courage to confront us. Woohyun was really mad, how could he didn’t think about it. Woohyun rush to them without us. Hoya was really scared something happen to him, we called Sunggyu hyung and went there with our bodyguards. Woohyun had many bruises, but he was fine. The police came later and arrest them. Howon-hyung’s father asked help of the best lawyer in South Korea, and it happened to be Junmyeon-hyung, our School President's father. Mr. Lee made sure they got what they deserve and faced the consequence of their crime" Myungsoo took deep breathe before he came to the important part.

"Baekhyun became our friends. He was like additional family for us, Sunggyu-hyung, Dongwoo-hyung, and even little Sungjong didn't mind to have him around. Among our cyrcle he was super close to Woohyun though. We thought it's just because of Woohyun safe his life. Years pass, we graduated of highschool and without our knowing their love blooms. Uncle Nam was really furious when he discovered it much more because he got blackmail from someone who sent him pictures of the two were doing something that just couple did. Woohyun-hyung admitted that's him and his boyfriend. His father forced him to break up their relationship, but Woohyun-hyung refused to do it, he said he loves Baekhyun-hyung and didn’t regret his decision or anything happened between the two. Uncle Nam in his rage came to Baekhyun’s house and threaten Baekhyun to end their relationship if he didn't want something bad happen. Baekhyun's parents were shocked and overhelmed to find their son has lover who was man like him, his father disowned him that instance. We couldn't do anything to help Baekhyun, we have no power that time. None of us have financial support other than our parents and that time was really chaos because of scandals came continuedly and like big blow of us. Junki-hyung's drugs scandal, Sungyeol's family problem, and many things happened at same time. Junmyeon-hyung heard about what happened and the situation we were currently in. He offered Baekhyun to stay at their house. His family welcomed Baekhyun with open arms. Junmyeon-hyung’s family helped Baekhyun to recover from his desperate state, they gave him love more and accepted him like their own son, Even though they didn't support same relationship, they didn't show any disgust. Junmyeon-hyung's father retrieved all Baekhyun's belonging from his house and he made Baekhyun take new family name. To avoid scandal went to public and avoid more problems raised Baekhyun was sent to Canada with Junmyeon-hyung three months after the incident. He enroled to same college as Junmyeon-hyung. Mr. Kim paid for his tuition fee and living cost, uncle Lee Junwoo, Howon's father helped him as well by sent him money every month”

Canada…..

So Eun tried to remember something, Canada, Baekhyun so Baekhyun was friend that Kris told.

“Does uncle and his father still against their relationship?” So Eun asked.

Myungsoo shook his head and smiled.

“Something happened and uncle gave his permission” So Eun narrowed her eyebrows.

“What did happen?” She asked curiously.

Myungsoo just smiled and stretch his arms.

“I am tired. It’s not important what did happen. The important thing is they are together now” Myungsoo stood and was about to left.

“Oppa, about his father?” So Eun asked once again.

“He has Suho’s father as his father” Myungsoo said without turn around.

We aren’t that lucky to have parents with unconditional love. He whispered, but still could be heard by So Eun.

So Eun felt pain on her heart, like thousand knives stab her heart.

Unconditional Love….. No parent is perfect, but they love you perfectly. Appa, Eumma, is it really exist?

So Eun covered and began crying. Myungsoo watched her before he took his leave. He closed the door of his work room. He didn’t asked her why she cried because deep in his heart he knew the answer and he didn’t have enough strength to comfort her, Soeun was born and raised in full love family. Never felt how to be resent by her own parents. He leaned on the door and closed his eyes. He couldn't be shoulder to cry on when he was broke himself.