His Past

Mugunghwa Promise

 

 

 “Uhhh…… So Eun do something. I want to sleep” Myungsoo mumbles sleepily.

“Aissshhh…. Help me. You want have peaceful sleep or not. Come on oppa…. Move your ” So Eun pulled the duvet harshly.

“You are so Meany”

What? Is it really Kim Myungsoo… So Eun rubbed her eyes rapidly. Oh my… Wowh, he didn’t realize what he said, right? Guess, you have no control when you feel sleepy, oppa.

He must be really tired. :)

“Sleep well, oppa” So Eun kissed his cheek. So Eun closed the door, she didn’t see that Myungsoo’s lips curved smile.

“I want…. Appa…. Hyung… Huwaaa … Appa”

“Sssshhh… It’s okay sweetheart auntie is here….”

“Kris Hyung…. Huwwaaa …. Appa…. Hyung” Leo cried loud.

“You want Kris hyung, right? If you stop crying, I’ll call Kris and he will be here. Want you?” Leo nodded, So Eun hugged him and let Leo sat on her lap.

“Here we go. Call Kris hyung” Leo smiled.

“Errr… Who is it?... It’s 3 am call later” Kris want to hang up.

“Hyung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Leo yelled on top of his lung.

“Oh… My God……” Kris was really shocked till he fell down from his bed and So Eun really sure about that after hearing noisy.

“Hyung… Come here. I can’t sleep… I’m scare…. Hyung, I don’t want sleep alone. Hyung!!!!!!!!!!!!” Leo shouted. Kris 100% wake now. He let out breath.

“Leo, hyung will come there this morning, but you must sleep now. I promise when you wake up, I’m there by your side”

“But I don’t want sleep alone”

“Don’t be scare, Leo is strong and courage, right? Remember knight never afraid of anything”

“I’m not knight. I’m ultra-man” So Eun bit her lips to not laugh.

“Hahaha…. That’s right. You’re ultra-man. You can kick, punch, beat, and kill the monster”

“Kris… Watch your mouth” So Eun warned, not to really satisfied with words that chosen by Kris.

“Sorry, jie jie. Leo now is time to sleep. Tomorrow is Sunday so we can play everywhere you want”

“Hyung, can we play with Youngmin and Kwangmin hyung?” Leo pleaded.

“Sure. I’ll call them. Wish they’re free. Anyway, it’s Sunday. Don’t know they want to play or take a nap… like me”

Kris bit irritated, but then he chuckled. Leo didn’t really gave attention with Kris last word all he knew “I will play with Kris, Youngmin and Kwangmin

“Hyung, I want ice cream, power rangers and ultraman!!!” Leo said happily

“Yeah, you can get that too, but be good boy first. Time to sleep ultraman, hyung won’t hung up before you sleep. Kay?”

Leo nodded and So Eun helped him to cover himself with comforter. Leo hugged his ultra-man tightly; he also put other toys like power rangers near his pillow. So Eun was sleeping beside him and sang lullaby.

Myungsoo watched the scene from the beginning. You are really lucky, Leo. He said to himself. He dragged his feet and grabbed key car.

I need to get fresh air.

So Eun woke up and smiled widely saw Leo’s peaceful sleeping face. She decided to make special breakfast for them all.

When she was still busy preparing steam bun, someone knocked the door.

It must be Kris. Well, he comes really early.

Her eyes became wide, Sunggyu and Sungyeol stood in front of the door their arms supported Myungsoo’s body.

“Ehm… So Eun… We….” Sungyeol tried hard to find correct words to explain what happened to Myungsoo. So Eun didn’t need all of that, all she knew his husband was drunk.

“Come in, oppa. I’ll prepare extra meal for us and if you don’t mind, please bring Myungsoo oppa to bedroom. He needs rest after all” She forced smile to them.

Sunggyu sighed and shook his head. He was really sorry and pity at same time. He didn’t believe how So Eun could manage herself to stay calm when another woman would be freak out.

“Okay” Sungyeol replied and smiled. They brought Myungsoo to his room and laid him in his bed. They left Myungsoo with So Eun and decided to went down. So Eun brushed Myungsoo’s hair lovingly and kissed his forehead before back to finishing the breakfast she made. She just believed Myungsoo has reason why he must be drunk. And she would found the reason later.

“His father is really damn” Sungyeol said.

“Ssshhhh….. Close your mouth. What will happen if So Eun hears?” Sunggyu shook his head.

“Are you sure we are a good friend for Myungsoo? We should have told her about Myungsoo and his father relationship. You know how difficult to saw Myungsoo in that stage?” Sungyeol said almost yelled.

“Shut up! It’s not that really easy to tell her about this. Myungsoo is the one who has the right to decide to let her knows or not. We just can stand by his side. Don’t say like I have never saw what did happened to Myungsoo. You know how my father loves Myungsoo and cherish him like his own son, how my mother always take care of Myungsoo, she even give Myungsoo more attention more than me. I had ever felt jealous with that fact, but as flows of time I knew why they act like that. Myungsoo isn’t my friend, he is my little brother”

“You will never keep that by yourself if you cherish Myungsoo as your brother” Sungyeol and Sunggyu turned around to saw Kris stood not so far from them.

“Jiejie, don’t hide there. I know you also hear everything” Sunggyu jaw dropped. Sungyeol just couldn’t hide his shock, but manage to calm.

“Hei, So Eun. How long you have been there?” Sungyeol asked. He knew that his question wouldn’t help either.

“Hyung, what take you so long. Is here Myungsoo’s hyung house?” Youngmin and Kwangmin rush to the house.

“Well, I guess I’m right” Youngmin smiled sheepishly. Kwangmin just face palm himself.

“Well, Jiejie they want to play with Leo. Where is Leo’s room anyway?”

“Just walk up stair his room is one in the edge. He is sleeping” They nod.

“Youngmin, Kwangmin don’t come here if I didn’t call you” Kris warned.

“Yeah…. Yeah… I guess you have important conversation. Don’t worries we don’t need to know adults business. Complicated” Youngmin said without turn aroud. Kris rolled his eyes.

“Jiejie, lets listen what you should have known sooner” Kris took a seat a cross Sunggyu and Sungyeol in the dining room. So Eun nod hesitantly and sat beside Kris.

“Maybe, it’s the right time, hyung” Sungyeol gave Sunggyu reassure smile. Sunggyu took a deep breath.

Flash back

“Mom, who are we waiting for?” Sunggyu asked.

“We are waiting for your friend, sweetheart” She smiled.

“Do you mean Sungyeol , Sungjong or Howon?”

“Be patience and you’ll know then” Sunggyu puffed his cheeks. Not so long someone that they were waiting for came. A cute little boy hides behind his care taker. Sunggyu was sure, she was not his mother. Just his intuition.

“Sorry, for bothering your family Mrs. Kim. I need to visit my family for a week. Young master doesn’t want at home without my companion, but I can’t bring him along with me. I’ll pick him up when I’m back” He seems hesitant and about to cry when his care taker said that.

“Sweety comes here. Don’t be afraid” Sunggyu’s mother hand reached Myungsoo and brought him to her embrace.

“Finally, I meet you. Myungyeon’s child. Finally, I meet you” She lets her tears flow. Sunggyu who watched her mother cried approach her and hug her right arm, she smiled and brought them together to hug them tightly.

“Why mommy and daddy love Myungsoo instead of me” Sunggyu was really mad. He couldn’t believe his parents left him alone and went to Myungsoo’s home for some reason he didn’t know. He just couldn’t stand and watched Myungsoo took all of his happiness. They even didn’t celebrate his graduation a month ago just because Myungsoo was sick at that time.

Who is their son? I’m or Myungsoo.

That night he was waiting his parents until they came home. He didn’t even bothered to sleep on the couch and kept close his eyes pretend to be sleep. He just said to his servants he wants to wait his parents. They allowed him to do so, they just stood around not to close with him but make sure that they watched their young master and stay there to do everything that maybe he ordered. Might night his parents were back.

“All of you can sleep. We will bring him to his room” He really knew this voice. It was her mother voice.

“He is waiting for us” She said at sad tone.

“I know” his father replied.

“Can we bring him along with us to take care of Myungsoo? I mean … you know that” She couldn’t finished her words, she sobs silently.

“Don’t cry. You will make him wake. Tomorrow we will bring Sunggyu along with us. I guess it is okay. There he can play with Sungyeol, Sungjong and Howon. I have met appointment to meet their father. He wants to visit Myungsoo after all, we are Junsoo’s friend”

“When does Junsu come back?”

“He said tomorrow”

“You know I still didn’t like Myungsoo’s step mother. I know he needs someone to cares and loves him, but I just hate the fact that Junsoo blames Myungsoo for Myungyeon…….”

“Sssshhh…… I know how close you and Myungyeon. She was good friend after all. It’s late we need to take rest. Let’s just talk this tomorrow” Sunggyu’s father carried Sunggyu’s thin body in his arms and they went to Sunggyu’s room. They wrapped him with comforter and kissed his forehead.

“Bye, sweetheart” That what Sunggyu heard. His mother whispered before closed the door.

“Kim Myungsoo” Myungsoo’s teacher called Myungsoo’s name, but no one stood and took his exam result.

Myungsoo looked down to the floor. His father didn’t come. It’s not the first time so he just kept deaf when his friend insulted him.

“Sorry for being late. I’m Myungsoo’s uncle. Myungsoo’s father couldn’t leave meeting. I’m really sorry” Myungsoo looked up and saw his teacher gave stranger his exam result. He approached Myungsoo and kneeled down until they were in same eye level.

“Don’t be afraid. I’m your uncle. I’m Nam Myungyeon’s brother” Myungsoo finally knew him. He was her mother’s adopted brother and all he knew he got cousin named Nam Woohyun who became his buddy.

“Woohyun, Howon, Sungjong, Sungyeol, Sunggyu, Myungsoo, Dongwoo come here. We have ice cream here” They ran to kitchen where their mother prepared meal for their lunch. Their fathers must attended meeting and their mothers didn’t have something to do so they decided to make their own “meeting”

When they were eating happily, their fathers came and hug their sons who were running towards them, but Myungsoo’s father just took a seat in the couch instead, Myungsoo didn’t run he just followed them. Sunggyu who saw that pulled Myungsoo and Sunggyu’s father more than happy to hug Myungsoo together with Sunggyu.

“Hei, I want to hug my handsome nephew too” Woohyun’s father protest.

“Me too” Sungjong and Sungyeol’s father also Howon’s father said in unison and made Dongwoo’s father laughed.

They all laughed and for a while Myungsoo felt how warm a father’s hug.

So Eun wipe her tears immediately. She didn’t know Myungsoo had through this entire thing.

“We just don’t want to make everything more complicated. I realize you will know this fact soon or later. Myungsoo keep all his sadness alone, he doesn’t want to look weak. Myungsoo is our brother and we are willing to share our parents love with him, but all know what Myungsoo wants”

Silent.

“Eerrrggghhhh….” They looked to the voice’s source. Myungsoo walked toward them, his right hand massage his forehead. They were in shock state.

Oh no….

Please, God don’t….

“Do you feel okay jiejie’s husband? Wowh…. Mess… “ Kris spoke to broke the awkward atmosphere. Myungsoo frowned and throw him a death glare.

“Don’t makes my head more hurt than this Kris. My wife’s dongsaeng” Kris chuckled.

“So Eun, could you get me aspirin. My head is going to kill me”

“It’s you who was drinking like no tomorrow” Sungyeol snorted. He really relieved and want to relax himself after felt his heart stopped because too afraid if Myungsoo heard their conversation.

“Kiss my ”

“I will kick your instead” Sungyeol stuck his tongue.

“Hyung, take care your wifey or I’m going to make him as barbeque”

“Someone goes insane” Sunggyu replied casually. Sunggyu and Sungyeol made high five.

“Well, I’ll get aspirin for you oppa” So Eun smiled and left them.

“Hyung, I want coffe Americano. So Eun did you have it?” Sungyeol shouted. Sunggyu smack his head.

“Yes, oppa. We have it. Just find it in kitchen. And Sunggyu oppa I have chocolate pudding and strawberry ice cream just take it” Sungyeol and Sunggyu rush to kitchen to found what So Eun has.

Kris glances at Myungsoo.

“You don’t have to say something. Both of us know they’re too innocent or just convince themselves that I didn’t hear anything”

“Thanks to act like you didn’t hear” Kris smiled and Myungsoo gave smiled to him.

“Kris thank you”

“What for?”

“To care of Leo. Just say I’m not typical of person who can handle the kid” Myungsoo left Kris and approached So Eun who brought him aspirin and glass of water.

“Open your heart. You have many friends who love you no matter what” Kris whispered.