Diary

Mugunghwa Promise

 

Kris came to Myungsoo’s house early, right like 6 am. When the doorbell rang Myungsoo let out a groan.

He turned to other side of his bed. Matter of fact his bed has enough space for both Myungsoo and So Eun also enough distance. Even their relationship made progress, but they still didn’t want it go any further.

“Urrgghhh…” He groaned, felt really furious his tight sleep must end up too soon.

“Wait the minute” Myungsoo could hear So Eun’s voice. He wouldn’t imagine how his wife could wake up so early. Is she God of sun or something? Always wake up so early same time the dawn replace the night.

He could think that later. All he wants now is continuing his sleep. So Eun greeted Kris cheerfully. Leo was sleeping in Kris’s arms. Kris didn’t have heart to wake him up and sent him to So Eun, but Kris must attend meeting on Busan.

“Sorry, If I can I’ll bring him with me, but I can’t make him waiting for me with my assistant” Kris said apologetically. So Eun laugh a bit. Kris tilted his head confuse.

“You look like father for Leo. Don’t worry actually his parents will come here this afternoon to pick him up. They come back faster than their plan. Myungsoo’s older brother came back yesterday so we arrange welcome party for him. Not us, but the company, instead. And Myungsoo invite you to come. He said he wants you to meet Leo’s parents also his brother. The party will held on Saturday next week. Seem you get along with Myungsoo” Kris nodded and smiled contently.

“Anyway Kris have you take breakfast? I made some French style meal if you want to come”

Kris shook his head.

“Don’t worry I have bunch of snacks in my car. Youngmin and Kwangmin left their two bags full of snacks yesterday. They must be freak out when they find out, they left their precious snacks.. Hahaha” He laughed freely.

“I wonder why you have that face at the first place when you can laugh and smile everywhere” So Eun shook his head.

“Just important persons who get my service” He smirked. So Eun hold urge to smack his head, but she did it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong stood there in front of Shinsegae main office building. Sunggyu and Woohyun came along with him.

“Hyung, this is the invitation card” Woohyun gave Jaejoong the card. Woohyun still didn’t get why Jaejoong insisted to meet Junhyung by himself.

They walked to the lobby. Some of the employers whispered. Woohyun and Sunggyu just smiled toward them. It’s not the first time they were here and all they knew was if Lotte Mart’s princes bother to Shinsegae. They smell trouble as well. Their fathers always send one of them to other company instead send their man or employer. It is part of respect and tradition they held till now, but for this time Woohyun thinks send card invitation by their self out of the people really over helmed.

One of manager on Shinsegae knows them. He approached them asked what they need. Sunggyu explain to him that they have appointment with Junhyung before. Woohyun suppressed urge to roll his eyes. It was completely lie. The manager just nodded and brought them to Junhyung’s office room.

“Come in” Junhyung shouted.

“Oh… Mr. Kwon….” Junhyung saw Jaejoong, Sunggyu and Woohyun. He was surprised but tried to surpressed it. He stood from his chair.

“Mr. Kwon could you asked my secretary to bring us coffee, please” The manager said yes and excused himself.

“Please, sit down” Junhyung said.

I don’t like the tense. Uhhh…. I must have listened to Baekhyunie to stay home instead go to office early just want to meet Jaejoong-hyung and end up here with this bastard Junhyung.

“I’m sorry to borrow your time. We just come here to give you this invitation. Just little party at our house” Jaejoong said.

Junhyung read the card for a while before nodded. Before them out his office, Jaejoong turned around.

“You know I won’t play really nice. I’m not Jaejoong that you used to know like you’re not Junhyung that I used to know” Jaejoong said flatly, emotionless.

I kept silent and not after long trip to Infinite's favorite cafe, Jaejoong hyung spoke.

"Woohyun, you must have wonder what's going on" I admitted it and nodded.

"Did you remember Myungsoo's accident few years ago?" Jaejoong asked. I nodded.

"That's not an accident. Myungsoo commited suicide" I felt my heart stopped for a second. I was surprised. No... It's must be joking, right?

Jaejoong park our car in front of the cafe. Sunggyu poked my arm.

"We will explain everything. Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungyeol is waiting for us"

We approached them, but....

"Baekhyun" 

'Woohyunie" Baekhyun replied sweetly.

"We will explain it, but we order first and waiting for someone to join us" Jaejoong announch. 

What's going on here, they must have good explaination. I eyed Dongwoo, he just shrugged. Hoya played dumb and chated happily with Sungyeol. Jaejoong and Sunggyu, don't know where.

"We will explain everything" Baekhyun squeezed my hand. 

 

Woohyun just kept silent. Baekhyun smiled to him, but it didn’t ease his mind.

How could he calm? If all of sudden his cousin said to him that his best friend who also his little cousin committed suicide in the first place, should he act like nothing happen?

“Who is the one we are waiting for?” he asked.

“Pardon me?” Sungyeol asked. He shook my head and sipped my coffee.

“Hyunie, do you want to order something?” Baekhyun asked him.

“No, I guess coffee is enough” He smiled.

Where is Jaejoong and Sunggyu hyung? What take them so long?

Sunggyu and Jaejoong came with Jonghyun.

“Sorry, I’m late” Jonghyun said smiling. They nodded and he took seat across him. Jaejoong and Sunggyu sit beside each other.

Woohyun on urged to split out all question in his head.

“Hyung, we are waiting for you almost like centuries. I’m starving, Americano coffee didn’t make my stomach stop growl” Sungyeol joked. They laughed, but Woohyun seems piss off.

“Guys, just tell me everything I need to know. Jonghyun hyung has come, so can we just….”

“I’m hungry. Can we take lunch first?” Jaejoong cut him off.

“Hyung, I…”

“Hyunie, you skipped breakfast, right? You must be hungry too. Please” Baekhyun pleaded. He sighed and took the menu, read it one by one. He knew the others feel relief when he did that.

They ordered their meal, but Woohyun kept silent.

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu called.

“I’m not hungry”

“Strawberry cheesecake, spaghetti, and salad for us, please” Baekhyun ordered for them. Woohyun narrowed his eyes.

They ate in silent. Baekhyun needed to force Woohyun first to eat, but in the end Woohyun obeyed after saw Baekhyun teary eyes. Yes, Baekhyun has soft heart and fragile one and Woohyun just couldn’t say no to him.

They asked Baekhyun to come to calm down Woohyun. Just Woohyun who didn’t know what actually happened to Myungsoo. Sungyeol and Sunggyu were the closest than the others. Dongwoo ever heard Sunggyu and Sungyeol’s conversation and they told them the truth because no use to lie when he knew all. Hoya even he was quiet, but he was the one who kept his eyes on Myungsoo. Hoya’s father was Jaejoong and Myungsoo’s godfather after all. They kept this from Woohyun because they knew Woohyun wouldn’t let everyone who made Myungsoo took this decision slipped his hand easily. Woohyun ever beat Myungsoo’s classmate when they teased Myungsoo. He ever dropped out of school when punched his teacher who yelled to Myungsoo. Everything come to Myungsoo is sensitive one for Woohyun. Baekhyun??? Just said he almost got Woohyun’s punch and kick for something he didn’t do just said misunderstand involving him, Myungsoo, and their schoolmate.

“I’m full” Sungyeol stated, they laughed to his kid like action. Still tense filled the air, they looked happy, but inside they tried to calm their self for everything that will come after this.

Jaejoong cleared his throat “I guess some of us know why we are here” Hoya, Sungyeol, Sunggyu and Jonghyun nodded. Baekhyun and Dongwoo sighed.

“Can you just straight forward hyung?” Woohyun asked impatiently.

“Woohyun promise us. You won’t do anything” Hoya opened his mouth.

“What are you trying to say, guys? It makes me confuse” Woohyun tried to calm.

“Me too” Sungyeol snorted.

“We don’t know where we should begin” Dongwoo added.

“Guys, really. Just split it out” Woohyun demanded. Baekhyun reach his hand and grabbed it to his lap.

“Don’t be mad” Baekhyun whispered. Woohyun took deep breath.

“Sorry for my act” Woohyun apologized.

They knew they act weird. They knew they just made Woohyun confuse, curious, mad at the same time, but they couldn’t just split all out without think the best words first.

“Jaejoong-hyung said Myungsoo’s accident few years ago wasn’t pure accident. He committed suicide. It’s all you want to say?” Woohyun asked expressionless.

“I know Myungsoo really well even I’m not the closest to him. I’m close enough to feel something wasn’t right to him. I suppressed myself to think about the worst thing ever came to my mind. I kept my intuition; I didn’t believe my head when I found out Myungsoo did that on purpose. I knew all of you think I don’t know everything. Although I don’t know what really happen, I realize you keep something from me”

“Myungsoo was aware that time. He didn’t 100% drunk. Police could smell alcohol, but that not enough to make him drunk. Jonghyun hyung, you must have good explanation why we got different information”  

Jonghyun sighed.

“I guess not all of us now what really happened that time. Maybe just Jaejoong-hyung, Sunggyu-hyung, Sungyeol knew really well. Dongwoo and Hoya knew slice and you left me dumbfound”

“Actually, we must discover it together. Jaejoong, Sunggyu, and I come here not to tell you something, but because we need to know something as well. Hoya tell us about pages that you ripped from Myungsoo’s diary”

Woohyun couldn’t suppress his shock. Sungyeol gasped, but Jaejoong and Sunggyu still calm.

Woohyun diverted his gaze to Baekhyun when he felt Baekhyun was shaking, he looked down felt uncomfortable. Hoya sipped his coffee, no change on his expression.

“I must realize it at first, but I guess I can’t avoid this conversation”

Baekhyun tightened his grip on Woohyun’s hand.

“Baekie…..” W          oohyun called softly. Baekhyun looked up, his eyes full of sorrow and unreadable.

“It’s not just about Junhyung, it also about us. It’s also about our parents, Shisegae as well” Baekhyun swallowed his saliva.

“Guys, do you still remember something before the accident?” Hoya asked. They thought for a while, but seems didn’t get what Hoya mean.

“Do you remember week after the accident?” They shook their head.

“You know I ripped Myungsoo’s diary, right?” Jonghyun nodded.

“Actually, Myungsoo was the one who ripped the diary” Baekhyun told them.

“Myungsoo?” They shocked. Baekhyun nodded.

“Did you remember about Goo Hara and Junhyung?”

“Don’t say that is his reason to end his life” Woohyun clenched his fist.

“Guys, all of you know how much our parents love Myungsoo, right?” They nodded.

“All of us are in deft on Myungsoo” They tried to think something rational what make they were in debt, but clueless.

“Hoya, could you make it easy enough to us to understand” Sunggyu asked.

“Baekhyun, could you help me to explain” Hoya asked, Baekhyun nodded.

“I want keep it till I die, but I think is the best to let you know now”

“Sungyeol, remember 5 years ago when your father and mother want to diforce?” Sungyeol smiled bitterly.

“You know the reason, right?” They looked away, it’s one of Sungyeol bitter memory and they didn’t want to see his hurt face.

“Hoya, I guess that’s….” Woohyun tried to stop Hoya, but Hoya cut him off.

“Your father broke with the girl not long after Myungsoo’s accident, right?” Sungyeol nodded.

“Myungsoo saved your family. He was the one who begged to your father did that” Sungyeol eyes widen.

“But that didn’t make sense why he committed suicide” Sunggyu stated.

“Listen to me first, hyung. Could you?” Hoya spoke full of authority.

“Let me explain it” Baekhyun voice cracked.

“Myungsoo sent letter to our parents before that accident. He sent letter to Sungyeol’s father, Woohyun’s and my parents, Dongwoo’s father also Junhyung’s father”

“Wait, I don’t get it. It’s not drama or dream, right?” Jonghyun asked frustrated. How could something turn so complicated? Hoya shook his head.

“Myungsoo knew he didn’t have much time to live that time. He didn’t want die without doing something. He knew really well if he left we must be really sad. He wanted to assure if he left us, we have enough shoulder to cry on. Myungsoo didn’t get really hurt when Hara left him, he could endure that pain. Myungsoo couldn’t stand when saw us sad. Myungsoo knew Woohyun’s father and Baekhyun’s father would never let you become one. Myungsoo knew Woohyun’s father could do something harsh; he could harm Baekhyun’s family if Woohyun insisted to going through. Myungsoo hates himself when he couldn’t do anything to stop Sungyeol’s mother tears, he hates himself to watch Sungyeol suffer, and he hates himself to imagine smile erased from Sungjong’s face. Myungsoo knew his father and Dongwoo’s father had big fight because of him. Dongwoo’s father confronted his father because of him. He wanted his father realized that his mother died was not Myungsoo’s fault, but it made their relationship going worst. Myungsoo felt pang after heard his father treat Dongwoo’s father used his position as CEO of Lotte Mart” Hoya took deep breath.

“Myungsoo came to Shinsegae before that accident, but he couldn’t meet Junhyung’s father. He gave his secretary a letter and said to her that letter from Lotte Mart’s CEO. Myungsoo told his father that Junhyung need him. He told him about your family, hyung” Hoya looked straight to Jaejoong’s eyes.

“Hours before that accident Myungsoo came to Junhyung’s house. He wanted Junhyung’s take cares Hara for him, but he couldn’t believe what he heard and saw”

“You say Myungsoo wanted Junhyung’s take cares Hara for him. Wait? What do you mean?” Dongwoo finally spoke. He saw all his friends speechless and suppressed their tears. He was the one left still strong enough to gain all he needs to know.

“Myungsoo committed suicide after he heard Junhyung used Hara to hurt him. Myungsoo still love Hara that time, he wanted Junhyung take cares of her because he thought Junhyung like Hara, but he couldn’t believe Junhyung did that to him. Myungsoo never thought Junhyung was man that made Hara left him. He asked Dongwoon and he got the bitter answer. Myungsoo, though he never say something about his feeling, he admires Junhyung, he likes Junhyung as brother. Myungsoo felt betrayed…. Myungsoo felt being left”

“Hyung” Hoya diverted his gaze to Jaejoong.

“Myungsoo didn’t want someone that he loves leave him”

 “….” Jonghyun clenched his fist.

Sungyeol cried. Hoya patted Sungyeol’s shoulder.

 “I will make Junhyung pay for this” Woohyun stood and left. Baekhyun followed him behind. Sunggyu looked at Jaejoong. Jaejoong didn’t know what to do now. He didn’t plan to listen all of this.

Jaejoong knew his brother would never mad to anyone in long time. His brother always gave everything he had to someone he like even he gave something he treasured a lot, but he knew his brother not fool enough to take silly decision without pressure.

“Hyung” Jaejoong looked up to meet Hoya’s eyes. Jaejoong knew Hoya still kept secret. It’s not just Junhyung’s fault. It’s his fault as well. His father too….

Myungsoo didn’t want someone that he loves leave him