Heartbeat

Mugunghwa Promise

 

So Eun closed the door and ran up stair. She grabbed her wallet and phone. She wanted to know everything, she wanted to know.

She was about to called Hyunjoong, but she couldn’t make his brother worrying her more than he did. She waited taxi for a while when she got one she gave the driver the address. She drawn on her thought till she didn’t realized she had arrived at her direction. She asked how much the taxi was and paid the amount.

She walked across the garden. She pressed the doorbell and a maid opened the door.

“So Eun-shi, you want to meet young master?” The butler asked her, she nodded.

“Young master is in his studio. You can go there by yourself” He smiled.

“Gamsahamnida” She bowed.

She made her way to the studio. She entered the studio to saw Kris busy with his DSLR.

“Kris” She called him. Kris turned around to find So Eun on verge of cry.

“Jiejie” Kris put his DSLR down and approached her.

“What’s going on, jiejie?” She didn’t answer. Kris sighed and made her sat on the couch. Kris kneeled down in front of him. He was waiting patiently. He squeezed her hand make So Eun met his eyes. Her eyes reflected her condition so vulnerable and insecure.

He didn’t want to ask her even made any suggestion. His jiejie would tell him in the right time, he knew this really well.

“Wait here for a while. I’ll make your favorite macchiato” Kris left her. Outside the room he called Myungsoo.

“Gege, it’s me Kris. Jiejie is in my house just to inform you if you don’t find her at home”

Kris could sense worry in Myungsoo’ voice when he said he will pick her up later.

Kris back to his studio with tray of macchiato for So Eun and long black for himself to find So Eun tried his DSLR captured of his garden view.

“Tcchhh…..Why you didn’t go to the balcony instead captured the view from the closed window. Silly, jiejie” He put the tray and grabbed his other DSLR. So Eun just stick her tongue out. He was standing beside her ready with his another DLSR and opened the door to the balcony in front of his studio.

“Nikon D6100, right?” So Eun asked a little cheerful in her tone.

“Head over heels to Nikon” Kris said chuckled.

Myungsoo was in his office with Jaejoong and Jonghyun. Jonghyun told him about his home visited. Myungsoo was mad at first, but with his brother there confronted him for his last medical report result, he knew it was useless to be mad. The result was not bad, but was not good either.

“How could you be so careless?” Jonghyun finished and shook his head. Jaejoong was standing in front of big glass window, observed view of Seoul from the high floor.

It was not Jaejoong planned. He didn’t plan to drag his brother to his office. They just got called that Myungsoo’s last medical report result was on Jonghyun’s desk. Jonghyun back to the hospital and he really dislike the result. They didn’t plan to tell Myungsoo about their visited, but Jaejoong made up his mind. Yes, they were blackmailing Myungsoo…. They used the result as excuse to confront him, but in his deep heart Jaejoong was really worry. They stayed silent till Myungsoo’s phone rang, he pressed the answer button. Kris told him that So Eun was there at his house, Myungsoo felt relieve and worried at the same time. He told Kris, he would come there to pick her up and said thank you before hung up.

“So Eun has right to know” Jaejoong said and left Myungsoo’s office room.

They opened the door and found Sunggyu was standing there about to knock.

“Hyung, everything is settling on the place. Three hours before the event” Sunggyu informed him. Jonghyun excused himself to go first left Sunggyu with Jaejoong.

Jaejoong saw his brother once more time before closed the door. Sunggyu gave him worried look.

“I’m okay” Jaejoong said. Sunggyu was about to say something when Jaejoong continued.

“I will tell you later. We still have party to attend” Jaejoong gave him reassure smile, but Sunggyu seemed more worried. Jaejoong scratched his arms and linked his left arm to Sunggyu’s waist.

“You know I wish you were a girl, so I can marry you” Jaejoong said out of the blue.

“Hyung…!!!!!” Sunggyu shouted and made his way to chased Jaejoong who laughed freely.

Myungsoo stood from his chair and grabbed his car key. He ran to the elevator, he pressed the button to the first floor. He went to parking lot and started the engine. He messaged Kris to ask his address.

He got message from Baekhyun, he asked where the two because he was in front of his home. He brought his suit along with So Eun’s dress. He called Baekhyun and told him to bring them to Kris house. Baekhyun seemed sense something was not right, but he stopped himself to ask any further. He promised Myungsoo he would go there with Woohyun after they finished their preparation first. He must talk to So Eun, he couldn’t bring everyone worrying himself more. He didn’t want to see his brother, Sunggyu, Sungyeol, Woohyun, Hoya, Dongwoo even Baekhyun worried face, but what he want didn’t see the most was So Eun’s sad face.

Myungsoo was in front of Kris’ mansion. He took deep breathe before pressed the doorbell.

He followed Kris’ butler behind. The butler knocked the door and Kris opened it.

“Young master. Mr. Kim Myungsoo is here” Kris nodded and the butler walked away quietly after gave bowed to both of them.

“You like photography?” Myungsoo narrowed his eyes. Kris handed his DLSR to Myungsoo and pointed to the balcony.

“She is there. I’ll leave you two alone” He patted his shoulder before made his way and disappeared from Myungsoo’ sight. Myungsoo took deep breath and approached her. He didn’t want to surprise her so he leaned on the door frame instead. Watching her captured the view.

“Kris, I guess we should try hanging out to take more pictures. It was long time ehm when the last we had spent time to do this?” Myungsoo didn’t answer her question. So Eun turned around, she almost dropped DLSR in her hand, but good thing she used the camera strap so her DLSR was still hanging on her neck. Myungsoo used his camera strap and stood beside So Eun.

Click…..

“Kris has beautiful garden” Myungsoo said without averted his gaze.

So Eun nodded, took more pictures not the view, but Myungsoo.

“You need my permission to take my pictures” Myungsoo said and smiled to the lens. So Eun captured his smile.

“I need to tell you something” Myungsoo looked to her eyes. He hates to admit what he saw through her eyes. It was hurt to saw her eyes, insecure, worry, sad, he really hates it.

He looked to the garden once more and took deep breath.

“Jaejoong hyung must have told you something related that accident” Myungsoo started.

So Eun nodded without let out single word.

“Remember my story about Baekhyun?” Myungsoo didn’t need So Eun’s answer, he continued.

“The reason why uncle received their relationship is I was begging him to doing so and he unwillingly gave his permission to them for Woohyun’s sake like I said to him first time I opened my eyes after the accident” He took a glance toward So Eun who frozen at her place. He cleared his throat.

“I was born premature. Obstetric and gynecologist was forced to choose me or my mom. Finally they choose me, instead because my mother begged them to safe my life though she knew it means sacrifice her life” Myungsoo stopped for a while, he took another pictures.

“She gave me her life” Myungsoo whispered and smiled bitterly. So Eun didn’t know what to do, she just stood there. She couldn’t move, she bitted her bottom lips. She must listen this although she knew she wouldn’t like what she would hear.

“Jonghyun said preterm birth.... the baby was born before the developing organs are mature enough to allow normal postnatal survival. As premature infant, I had the greater risk for short and long term complication, including disabilities and impediments in growth. It is good thing my family rich enough to give me the best treatment. I don’t know how long I had spent in NICU (Natal Intensive Care Unit). I had immature heart that didn’t allow me to do everything I want just in case my heart couldn’t bear those activities” He chuckled. So Eun bitted her lips harder, she clenched her fist hard made her knuckles became white.

“I had terrible accident when I was teens. This accident had greatest impact to my heart. I needed donor as soon as possible. My life was depended on this organ transplantation. I got heart transplantation a day after the accident” So Eun hugged him from behind. She pressed her face on his back. She was crying even though Myungsoo didn’t hear it. He squeezed her hands and continued his story.

“That’s accident was happened on my purpose” So Eun hugged him more tightly. Myungsoo decided he must tell her no matter what.

“I couldn’t tell you the reason, but just blame my weakness for it. Could you?” Myungsoo waited for her answer. So Eun nodded hesitantly still buried her face on his back. Myungsoo turned around and cupped her face made her looked up. She was crying and bitted her bottom lips, it was bleeding. He brought her to his arms. She was crying out loud on his chest.

“D… Don’t…. do… t… that again” She managed to say in her cracked voice.

“I still need to tell you the rest” He realized it wouldn’t be easy, but he had decided it. So Eun gripped his front suit tightly. She took deep breath, collected herself and prepared for the worst she could suggest before pulled away.

“Tell me” She looked his eyes directly.

“I committed to suicide” So Eun had known the hint of his earlier words, but she didn’t imagine it would be this hurt when he said that directly. She closed her eyes and clenched her fist.

“So Eun” Myungsoo called her. She opened her eyes and slapped his right cheek hard.

‘So Eun….” Myungsoo touched his right cheek. He tried to touch her, she stepped back.

And pang of horror appeared on Myungsoo’s heart.

Is she going to hate me?

She managed her breathe while still crying. Myungsoo let her and watched her. He gave her time to calm.

“How could you?” So Eun shouted.

“How could you do that? How many heart got hurts when you were lying on the hospital bed? Did you know how sorrowful Jaejoong oppa’s eyes when he said you are the one that have right to tell me. Jonghyun had hard time to suppress his disappointed feeling when you didn’t come to your medical check-up? Sunggyu hyung, Sungyeol did you ever know how they got hurts because of you. Hoya, Dongwoo, Sungjong, Woohyun, Baekhyun did you think about them?”

“So Eun… I…”

“Let me finish” She demanded. Myungsoo obeyed.

“Do you know how much love you get?” Myungsoo didn’t expect this question. He thought she would burst out more and told him how stupid he was.

Myungsoo looked away.

“Look at me” So Eun voice became softer, Myungsoo still looked away. She held his face with her hands force him to look at her eyes. She tip toed and kissed his lips. Myungsoo closed his eyes, along with the kiss he could taste saltiness of her tears and blood from her bleeding lips. She pulled away first.

“Many loves is surrounding you. Don’t waste your mother sacrifice and someone that gave you his heart to feel life once more. Feel it” She grabbed his right hand and made it rest on his chest to feel his heartbeat.

“Heart is vital organ for our life. Heart makes you feel. Allow your heart to feel being loved”

Myungsoo closed his eyes once again. He was trying to feel his heartbeat.

“God loves you, angels love you and we love you” So Eun whispered. Something that So Eun didn’t expect was Myungsoo smiled contently and sang.

“Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You’ll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I’ll be safe and sound” With that So Eun closed her eyes as well. This was the first time someone sang this song for her. She felt safe and at the same time she that….

Everything will be okay…..

Kris, Baekhyun and Woohyun smiled with the scene. Kris closed the door and saw Woohyun back hugged Baekhyun.

“Oh… No… too much for today. I can’t bear with it anymore” Kris sighed and Baekhyun just stick his tongue out, Woohyun smirked. Along the way to the living room, Kris got teased from Woohyun and Baekhyun. Well, they were freaking out when they remember they still have Jaejoong’s party to attended, but Myungsoo and So Eun just smiled and hearing Baekhyun nagged about being perfect on the party. Kris didn’t know how many times he sighed.

“Well, Kris you better prepare yourself. I know how long you need to styles your hair” Kris snorted. Baekhyun gave him, his suit. He blinked.

“Jaejoong hyung asked me to made suit and dress for at least 10 persons” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“That’s my brother. Order around” Myungsoo stated.

“Like Kris” Baekhyun smiled widely. They felt really relief because Kris had maids that helped them and he also called his personal hair stylist to come in no time. Not to mention Woohyun brought make-up artist with him.