Clarity 3/3 b

Mugunghwa Promise

Junghyun asks the front desk for Soeum where about. He wants to meet her desperately. He has not met her in a month, he can't think he will stay insane, should it is dragging longer. The receptionist eyes him warily, he rolls his eyes feeling annoyed of her suddenly. 

"I am her relative" He puts his beat charming smile. Show no harm he possesses, he only want to see her. His mind supplies enough reasons how wrong it is to come in the first place. His presence is absolutely unwanted, he ignores the fact. He won't back down, he believes they had already known about his feeling toward Soeun, Doojoon called it obsession. It is running in his veins, it has nothing to do with Soeun. It is all about Myungsoo, he intents to destroy him. His feeling is destruction and is not pure love like he claims. 

The nurse gives the information which he replies with sincere thank and small smile. His personal assistant sighs, Doojoon takes no mind on him. It is not responsible to do, heck he knows he will make the situation turn to the worst. He opts to shove this problem for later when it arises.

"I am going to go alone, you are dismissed of your duty today" Junghyun leaves no room for argument through his choice of words and tone he uses. The personal assistant inclines to argue, but hold his tongue back. It is no use to do such length debating with his boss when he has made it clear of his wish. 

"I understand, Sir. Would you like the chauffeur to wait for you or I should arrange your car to be brought here?"

"Neither one" Junghyun turns his back and walks to the elevator, he has to meet her. 

____________________

"Do you feel better?" Jaejoong can't hide his relief when Soeun nods her head while smiling. She seems a lot more comfortable after getting enough nap. He smiles back to her and chuckles lightly. 

"Sorry, to make you feel worried. I assume you all were quite panic because my breakdown. I apologies sincerely to put you in the worried state. Thank you to take care of me" She smiles apologetically, not knowing is it enough to express her grateful and sorry she is. 

Jaejoong shakes his head. "It is my duty as your brother in law. My brother can attend his duty as your husband while he is abroad. Thus, make it appropriate for me as his brother to keep you safe and sound" He teases her in the end of his words, smiles triumphantly when she laughs softly.

"I..... " Soeun is about to reply back with her remark when their ears hear the door being knocked.

"I will see who it is" He says and stands from his seat. It can be Myungsoo's friends, mother or the nurses. However, she doubts the first because it is still on office hour work. She dismisses this kind of thought, Sungyeol could leave his work so it is possible for the others to leave as their wishes. The joy of being the board directors spawn. Soeun can't help to smirk in her mind. 

"What are you doing here?" The raised voice of Jaejoong's makes her avert her gaze to the man, she barely can see who the person Jaejoong refers to. 

"I need to see Soeun" Soeun may not see him, but that voice obviously belongs to Yong Junghyun. Jaejoong forces the man to move and closes the door behind. Soeun reaches for her handbag which being placed on the bedside table. She calls Jaejoong and tells him to bring Junghyun in. She wants to know what the man wants. She has feed up enough of him. Jaejoong makes a sound of his disapproval even he finally gives okay word reluctantly. She offers his presence on the room so he can watch them, but still give them privacy to converse. Junghyun can take it or leave it whatever he chooses she won't give a damn.

The two men step inside, Jaejoong takes a sit on the small couch accentuated on the corner of the room while Junghyun stands beside her bed. Soeun smiles thinly to him, it is only polite gesture. 

"What's bring you here, Junghyun-shi?" Her tone means for business, Junghyun only looks at her face. She doesn't like the emotions he shows through his dark brown eyes. She fakes a cough to gain his attention. 

"Junghyun-shi, what's bring you here?" She repeats the same question. She demands an answer out of him. Junghyun smiles tightly to her and gives the bouquet of roses that he brings to her. She says thank you and places it on her right bedside table. She is colder than the last time they met. He takes the unoccupied chair which Jaejoong sat before. 

"I heard you are being admitted to hospital. I only want to visit and ensure that you are in good hands" He answers calmly, she detects hint of sarcasm behind his words, but srughs it off good naturedly. 

"Thank you. You don't need to come all the way here by yourself, send a flower and good health wish will do. Don't have to put any unimportant activity on your busy schedules" He dismisses it as if it is not hint of his unwanted visit. She is not in the mood to act nice and his answer doesn't make any sense. They are not close enough for this and the fact that her husband and his friends not liking Junghyun has put her in question so many times. There is something happened between them, Myungsoo and Junghyun precisely. 

"Junghyun-shi, do you realize your action may put me a married woman on difficult position. Neither my husband's friend nor my close friend, we aren't even co-worker. I am grateful you visit me, but I have to know what is your agenda, Junghyun-shi. I am not that ignorant to srugh off your treatment on me. I thought it was friendly signs at first, but you alone dismissed the idea by your action toward me" She deadpans. His expression doesn't change even slightly. Jaejoong watches their interaction for awhile before he finds his presence may not be needed, he takes the newspaper he left this morning and back to read it on the news he has interest in. 

"What your husband said to you?" Junghyun knows Myungsoo has pride and he may not say anything. Nevertheless, Soeun has been made realize of the circumstances or it's only her instinct. 

"Don't you think Myungsoo's hostile attitude towards you speak a volume? Do I need to mention his friends too polite attitude is hard to be ignored. That only means they respect you or they don't want anything to do with you. Put two and two together I surmise" She smiles clinically this time. 

"Lotte and Shinsegae have history of rivalry. It can be counted as the reason behind our action" He answers calmly. She raises an eyebrow, nit believing his reason. They are not that shallow to act childishly over business rivalry. 

"They are more welcome to Hyundai, they look up to CEO Choi and their son, they have no problem with them. In addition, Choi Sehuna of Hyundai is the fiancee of Lee Howon of Lotte. Even before the engagement, the two business rivals act civilly toward each other" Junghyun's mouth twitches slightly before settles to thin line. 

"Do you dislike us that most, Soeun-shi? Becomes Myungsoo's wife affects your better judgment?" She will get hurt in other situation, but not this one.

"My opinion means nothing to you. We are insignificant to each other, you can ignore my opinion. Let say I am too shallow" She hates the direction of this conversation. She needs Myungsoo.

"What do you want from me, Junghyun-shi? I am too tired to reaf the signs and situations now. Could you tell me straight forward?"

"I love you" Junghyun deadpans. She can see Jaejoong from corner of her eyes, he is about to stand from the couch. She shakes her head slightly, Jaejoong complies to her wish. She looks back to Junghyun. She will hurt him, should what he says is true. She laughs bitterly in her mind. She will be the same as Myungsoo's father and Choi Sehuna. Between them to be exact, her father in law loves his deceased wife dearly, hurting his current wife in the process and Choi Sehuna sticks to her duty takes the role as Howon's other half, ignoring other feelings unconsciously or consciously she doesn't know.

"You realize I am already tied to Myungsoo, his wife in religion term and law. I am not stupid to accept your confession as teenagers confession, we are old enough to take the innuendo. What is entail Junghyun-shi? What do you expect from your confession? Do you want me to leave Myungsoo or do you offer me extra marital affair?" She will be embarrassed, if she thinks about it later. Now, she has too much thought to think clearly.

"You won't stoop so low, Soeun-shi" He says small smile on his face. She hates that confident smile, something is obviously wrong with that kind of smile. She may be not stoop so low, but she has not known about him well enough to make any assumption. She bits her lips and glances to Jaejoong, her brother in law sees the conflict she battles with.

"Junghyun-shi, my sister in law needs rest" It is Jaejoong's authority voice which saves her. Junghyun doesn't put any fight and follows Jaejoong who has already walked to the door. Jaejoong closes the door and runs back to Sehuna's side. He pats her shoulder gives her small comfort he can provide, she smiles shakily to him. She is afraid.

"Myungsoo will be okay" Jaejoong hopes it is enough reassurance for her. 

_________________________

Sungyeol dislikes the news Jaejoong shares with him. He will love to punch Junghyun's face. They have many problems already on their jar which needs to be taken down one by one. Adding more problem is not something Sungyeol appreciates. He is with Sehuna and Howon now.

Sehuna exchanges a glance with Howon. She senses something is completely wrong, she may only meet him several times, but she had heard of him many times. Thus, she has the instinct he has been bothered.

"Sungyeol-shi, do you need to talk to Howon in private? Should I am well enough, I will leave this room. However, I can't do that now, so I think it only leaves a choice you two can talk in other place" She smiles sincerely to him, she feels Howon's hand on her right one, she turns her palm up and holds his. He puts pressure on it, squeezes her back hand softly.

Sungyeol smiles watching the exchange gesture between the two. They may hurt Kris, but they don't mean to. They are trying to make the best out of circumstance. He shakes his head, he pushes the thought for later. He remembers Sungjong will come to visit Sehuna and Soeun, he has mentioned to him that Soeun can't be disturbed. He should be here in..... The knock on the door and Sungjong's voice of asking permission to be allowed to come in already indicates his arrival.

"Come in, the door is not being locked" Howon answers after Sehuna nods her head in agreement.

"Hyung.... Noona" Sungjong smiles cheerfully.

"Anyone up to monopoly or snake and ladders?" That's my brother who always bring joy in most needed time.

"Sure" Sehuna says enthusiastically.

_____________________

Myungsoo curses under hia breath. He has been trapped on traffic jam. It is midnight and he knows the hospital won't let him get inside and forces him to wait till morning. He has known he might be wouldn't be allowed to visit outside visit hours. He only hopes he can see her as fast as possible. He arrives at the hospital, he talks to the receptionist as he thought before he won't see her wife if he follows the regulation. He takes his phone and dials Uncle Kim's phone number. Luckily for him, the older man picks his call and will fetch him. He abuses the rules, Myungsoo knows but desperate situation needs desperate measure.

The doctor talks to the receptionist, promises to take full responsibility should something happens. Myungsoo wants t9 roll his eyes. He takes the lead and Myungsoo follows him behind dutifully. They arrive at Soeun's floor, the room is VIP class and he sees two guards outside. Myungsoo bows to the doctor and walks to the said room she occupies. The bodyguards recognize him, they bow to him and allow him to come inside. They had been briefed of his arrival by Jaejoong before he left. He opens the door carefully, try to not make a sound. When he looks up after closing the door, he sees Soeun is watching him. The moonlight gives enough glimpse of her smile. He approaches her and stands in front of her.

"You are back" She says. 

"I am back" He says back before envelopes her on hug. He can feel her hands circling his waist while she burries her head on his chest.