Clarity Part 1/3

Mugunghwa Promise

Kyuhyun looks up slightly rom medical record he is currently reading to the man in front of him. He knows how the young man wants to visit their intern, but it won’t be help. Sehuna’s parents demand the best room this hospital have for their doctor and request for no visit permit except for family. She is okay, doctor Jung told him. Sleeps deprivication, lack of nutrition, and unstable emotion are the reasons behind her collapsed.

            “You don’t need to worry. She will be healthy in no time” Kyuhyun reassures him.

            “Can I see her?” Kyuhyun shakes his head, he wants to help him, but he has no right to do that. Sehuna is their patient now, no one has visited her except for her family like their request. Doctor Kim and the nurse are the only persons who can come into the room. They even assign bodyguards outside the room. The room also located on private ward on the other side of the hospital building.

            “I’m sorry. If I could hep you, I would do that” Kyuhyun says apologetically. Kris nods his head in understanding. He is no one for Sehuna, they don’t know each other except that one time Kyuhyun introduced them to each other.

            “I’m hungry lets have bread or something to grab at cafeteria” Kyuhyun offers. Kris wants to refuse, but he has not eaten anything else than coffee after he heard Sehuna fainted Sungjong when he called Sungyeol on their lunch time. Sungjong, himself has not visited her yet. From what he had heard, Sehuna doesn’t want anyone except for her family.

            They are on their way to the cafeteria when they meet Doctor Kim. Kyuhyun takes the initiative to ask the older man about Sehuna. It’s not secret that Kyuhyun is quite close with the intern so no one will find it strange for him to ask for her condition. Kris bows to the the doctor and the man smiles slightly to him.

            “She is in good shape, doctor Cho” Doctor Kim says to them putting joke to enlighten the mood.

            “Well, maybe.....”

            “Doctor Kim” The said doctor turns to the nurse who calls him, he excuses himself from them.

            “This is request from the VIP room of Choi Sehuna that they want you to come to her room immediately” Doctor Jung brows furrow a bit.

            “Did something happen?” He asks the nurse and the two leaves the place to go the room Sehuna resides.  Kyuhyun looks to Kris, he can sense the younger man worry. They can’t visit her, but no one say they can’t go walk cross in front of the room. With that kind of thought Kyunhyun motions to Kris to follow him. They arrive to the floor where Sehuna’s room is. Kris sees from far there are three mans and two women standing outside, he recognizes Howon’s mother and Siwon. The two mans must be bodyguards, he can see from their posture. Kris looks slightly to Kyuhyun, he follows him till they are standing in front of them. Kyuhyun bows to them, Kris follows suit.

“Doctor Cho” The man greets Kyuhyun.

“Sorry for my rudeness. I only come to ask about her condition. Doctor Jung has explained that there is nothing to worry about, but he left the cafeteria in rush so I decided follow him here” Kyuhyun says in honest.

“Thank you very much for your concern. That is true, there is nothing to worry about” The man seems understand.

“This is Kris Wu. He is my friend and Kim Myungsoo-shi wife cousin, sorry I come in rush that Kris follows me as well” Kyuhyun introduces Kris to them.

“I am Kris Wu, I heard from my cousin Kim Soeum and the others that Howon’s fiancee is sick. I hope she will recover fast” Kris says, he thanks the God for his calm voice and neutral expression. Sehuna’s mother gives her warm smile upon hearing his cousin’s name. Kris can see similarity on the older woman features with Sehuna. She is shorter than Sehuna, she is petite one. She is beautiful for an older woman in her 50’s. She has soft brown eyes, the brown orbs must be inherited from her. Sehuna has piercing gaze like the man, he thinks it must be traited from their father. They wait outside, Kris realizes the younger woman must be Siwon’s wife from his constants attempt to draw her close to him. Should the situation not be so tense, he will laugh find how amusing it is.  From the older man he knows that Howon is still at Moscow for auditing the branch.

“She wants to go home first time as she was conscious. We want doctor to check on her, it seems she really has enough” Siwon sighs, shakes his head in displeasure.

“Does that mean you will bring be charge soon?” Kris asks in concern, his tone does not betray him even he is worrying wrecked right now. Jaejoong shakes his head as the answer.

“We need Doctor Kim to give her small talk. It is better to stay here for moment till she is recover” He adds explaining the intention they call the doctor suddenly.

            They wait patiently outside, they straighten their back when they hear the door being open, doctor Kim and nurse come in view. The doctor gives them smile easing their tense. He informs them, she is agree to stay longer. They sigh in relieve, Siwon gives him questioning stare how could he manages to convince her. He excuses himself, signs Doctor Cho to come along. Kyuhyun glances slightly to Kris, the younger man gets the message and goes with him. Jaejoong takes the action of send the doctor off to the elevator, just before the elevator door is being closed, he smiles slightly to Jaejoong.

            “Due to he is Junsoo’s son, it does not mean I cannot punch him” The older doctor threatens, the tone is light and playful, but they are aware how serious the sentence is. It is enough to reassure the point crosses Jaejoong’s mind. The elevator door is closed and they silently wait to be arrived at the first floor.

            “Since when?” Kyuhyun and Kris look to the man who stand with his back on them, they look at each other do not quite understand what the man means.

“The changed is too obvious to be ignored”

“What do you mean, Doctor Kim?” Kyuhyun asks him. The man turns his back facing them, there is concern written all over on his face.

“It is true she seemed unapproachable and cold, but as time goes she would open up slowly to anyone who put effort to become close to her. As I entered her room, I thought she would put a fight when I said she couldn’t go home and need to be treated at hospital for several days, she said nothing. Her attention was all on the glass window, it is not new because she does it most of the time since she opened her eyes. You may see it by yourself” They end the conversation there. Kyuhyun nods his head in understanding, trying to push thought that has been gnawed in his mind.

He looks Kris from the corner of his eyes, the younger man still has his passive face intact. He must say he does good job keeping his feeling, should he caught the longing in his eyes once, he would not know that Kris has feeling for the intern. Somehow, he hopes he can do something for him, he plays favourite choosing Kris over Howon. He has ever planned to help the younger man before, but Sehuna herself made it public that she is taken from the first time she steps inside the hospital building.

------

Suho puts the case he is currently reading when he sees his wife steps inside to his ofice and waves. This girl has weird habit, he never understood why she needs to wave when she is already there and it’s not like they are being separated by miles? Then who cares, it does not bother him, just amuse him nonetheless. He stands from his seat and reaches over her hand, brings her to be enveloped in his embrace. He inhales her body scent, noting the strawberry body soap she is using and the vanilla perfume. It blends well with her unique scent, totally captivated. He won’t ever admit, she has him on her little fingers. Secret he needs to keep should he doesn’t want her to always have her way. Even though he has scored uncount lost battles from her.

            “Sehuna doesn’t want to meet anyone except for her family” She says pouting slightly, sulking to Suho while linking her arms in his abdoment.

“Should it is not for the fact I am her best friend, I will get same treatment. It’s ” Her tone changes from worry to sarcastic, her voice slightly mufled on account of she burries her head on Suho’s neck. She is taller by inches than him, but they have managed the height diference long time ago. He hums urges her to continue, still inhales her scent, not wanting to let her go and wanting to bring her closer.

            “She seems different, it is not new that she has poker face all the time, but deteriorate of words to almost none is too much. Are you sure Lee Howon is not prick? From what I have heard he is totally opposite of what you said” He shakes in disagreement for the foul language. However, it’s not the time to lecture her over the slip. She is upset after all. She wriggles from his embrace meeting her husband concern brown eyes. Demanding answer from the younger, he smiles softly to her and moves stand of soft dark brown dyed hair behind her ear.

            “It is natural for couple to go through this pace. Not to mention their relationship is complicated to begin with. We only can watch the turn of event”

            “But…” Junmyeon places his index finger on her lips, stopping her from protesting. He kisses her forehead, erasing the frown forms on there with his tumb.

            “My beautiful flower, they don’t need us to interfere in. You will be there when the situation calls. Am I right, Lu Hua?” Junmyeon uses his thumb and forefinger to stretch her lips make smile on the beautiful and delicate feature.

            “I think so” She allows small smile forms, he smiles in return. Lu Hua remembers something and rummages her hand bag for newspaper she grabs on the way to Junmyeon’s office. She points to a section on the first page, she knows his husband is working on this case.

            “The police did good job. We had set our mind to bring everyone in drug circle down. Trap won’t be trap should it is not one from the beginning” He smiles little and places the newspaper on the table. He raises his eyebrows seeing frowns on her forehead. He sighs, it is just seconds ago she smiled, now the frowns are coming back.

            “Lu Hua…….” He starts, but is gotten interrupt by her.

            “Is it what you want?” Lu Hua asks in concern, waiting for Junmyeon’s answer. She wish she didn’t ask in the first place. It takes all of her strength not to think of any terrible consequences and musters small smile on her face.

            “Shinsegae will pay for what they did, it is the time to turn the table. Slowly and painfully” She nods her head in understanding smile still intakes, to say she is afraid of the outcome is understatement, she is terrified.

----

Bora smiles apologetically to them. Sehuna does not want anyone to visit her. She barely talks to them after she gains consciousness. She is not talk active person, but it is depressing to not even hear any words leaves her lips. The two nod their heads in understanding, Sehuna has made it clear she doesn’t want anyone except her family. Thus, they transfer her to private room far from other patients. She has requested not to be disturbed, as Jaejoong knew the only person who has met Sehuna is Howon’s mother.

            “Please, tell her that we wish her to be healthy. We will come to visit her when she is healthy enough” Soeun smiles and gives the basket of fruit to Bora. She promises to pass their wish to Sehuna, they bow to her and make their way to the elevator after thanking Bora.

            “When will Howon-shi be back to Seoul, oppa?” Soeun asks after they are far enough from the hearing of Bora and the bodyguards outside Sehuna’s room, Sungjong puts curiosity bare on his face as well. He is wondering when his hyung will be back. Jaejoong pushes the elevator button to bring them to the first floor before taking his phone of his suit pant. Soeun raises her eyebrows, frowning lightly seeing her brother in law action. Her frowns deepen hearing him chuckling before shoving his phone back to his pant.

            “In the right time” Jaejoong allows small smile to slip on his face, he grimaces on his head, he doubts his answer will bring comfort to his sister in law. Sungjong answers him with his sarcastic reply, reassure him how stupid it sounds.

            “What kind of answer is that hyung?” Sungjong comments, absolutely unimpresseds. Sungjong is getting annoy of all this commotion, it’s totally chaos. He rolls his eyes to his own thought. He can’t help to think that way.

            “I beg you pardon” Soeun asks, doesn’t get what Jaejoong means even slightly, ignoring Sungjong’s rude slip. They wait for Jaejoong to answer, but the older man just smiles to them.

            “Can’t Howon-hyung settle their misunderstanding or whatever it is first before running away?” Sungjong asks in annoyance, he has no intention to coating his displeasure knowing the problem Howon leaves behind. Soeun looks up to Jaejoong, her eyes full of hope, and her solemn face makes both of man feel twinges of guilty. It is well-known fact around their family and friends, this girl acts with her heart and shows her expression to picture her feeling. Once Sunggyu stated she has so much love and it’s like a second nature of her to give love to anyone. It’s bothersome to see her with worried expression every time the conversation related to Howon and Sehuna is brought up. Her cheerful demeanor seems drown and they both realize how they wish they could bring smile on her face. There’s reason why Myungsoo asks him to watch her while he is abroad.

            “As long as you don’t mind your husband finishes all the work Howon leaves behind” Jaejoong teases, tries easing her worry and laughs heartily seeing his sister in law frowning deeply. Sungjong laughs along with him, nodding his head agreeing the teasing remark.

            “Who do you think will take over load of documents? He will get other hands to help, but it will take the helping hands several days to finish his own work” He adds without thinking. Soeun wants to retort, but being interrupted by Jaejoong’s phone ringing. He brings the phone to his ear, place his finger on his lips, shushing the two. Sungjong snorts while Soeun rolls her eyes.

            “I am needed at office” He says to them, relieve to see smile on her face.

            “It can be helped, we will have lunch first before I take Soeun-noona back to the university” Sungjong says in exasperation with big smile on his face.

            “Thank you, Sungjong. I entrust you of young Mistress of Kim’s second son” Jaejoong says smiling softly, the opposite of the eyes slit little and sharp. The most innocent smile on the Adonis face only setting alarm on high alert. It never meant good, painful indeed. He grimaces to think how bad it would be to be in receiving end of Kim Jaejoong’s wrath. His expression makes Soeun lets out small laugh, shaking her head.

            “I will give you notice if he screws up, Oppa” Soeun smirks feeling better and grateful over Jaejoong’s attempt to cheer her moods up. Not to mention, the look of aghast on Sungjong’s face really something. She looks up one more time to the hospital white building before follows Sungjong and Jaejoong to the parking lot.

------

Soeun and Sungjong decide to have luncheon at restaurant their family usually vacant. Myungsoo’s family dan Sungjong’s family, Soeun adds the information fast to her brain. She always feel intimidated to steps inside extravagant restaurant with ridiculous menu and pricy little thing, small portion in big plate. Study at France doesn’t change her to be more confident with this kind of life, she scoffs internally for thinking something stupid, she was lucky she can survive and safe money from the scholarship. She stops abruptly and kisses Sungjong’s back with her face, she almost berate him for the sudden movement when Sungjong grabs her hand to take table on the corner. She wants to ask why, but he beats her by pointing his finger to other table with familiar occupants in. Myungsoo’s parents... She looks at him confusedly, they don’t need to hide. They have to greet them!

“I know what do you think, but believe me it is not wise to greet them” He says with tinge of sadness in his voice, Soeun furrows her eyebrows, doesn’t get the point and confuse at the same time to detect those emotion on Sungjong. She follows Sungjong’s action by watching the older couple.

Myungsoo’s mother is talking happily, offering smile every once in a while. On the other hand, her husband only nods several time and seems he is doing it just for politeness. It doesn’t make sense the atmosphere is awkward and tense? She seems don’t mind though, pleased with his silence. The scene opens her old wound, it is the same as her relationship with Myungsoo at the first months.

She let Sungjong to order for them both, trusting his taste. She averts her gaze back to the couple across her table. It seems they have finished their luncheon, Myungsoo’s father leaves first. Soeun waits…. She feels her heart sink, he goes without turning his back.. she doesn’t need to see Myungsoo’s mother expression. She knows……

“Because Aunt Jin Ah won’t ever be Auntie Myungyeon” Sungjong’s exclamation brings her back from her stupor state. Myungyeon, the late Mistress Kim, the mother of Jaejoong and Myungsoo. She looks straight to Sungjong’s eyes. The truth…. She is afraid of the truth behind those words. What is the implication of the sentence matches with what she think it is.

“Auntie Myungyeon is Kim Junsoo’s wife, Jaejoong-hyung and Myungsoo-hyung’s mother and she will always be in their eyes and our eyes” Sungjong says firmly. She is suffocated by the end of his words. Sungjong is younger than Myungsoo so he won’t ever know Myungyeon. How could?

“Uncle never introduced Aunt Jin Ah as his wife, he doesn’t need it really, his colleagues and business partners already knows. Myungsoo-hyung, he calls her mother, but have you realized why Myungsoo-hyung gets in trouble to pick present for Sunggyu-hyung’s mother and send his secretary to get one for Aunt Jin Ah. Jaejoong-hyung, he is complicated, he neither hate nor like Aunt, he treats her politely like treating stranger” Soeun feels dry all of sudden.

“Don’t think about it and don’t change it. Aunt Jin Ah is content with her life, she can’t hope for more. The Kim siblings and us live to recognize Auntie Myungyeon, forgetting her will kill many. However, it’s different with you, noona. You have so much love and you can bring sincere smile to Aunt Jin Ah’s face” He says while smiling softly to her. When their order arrive, they eat in silence.

-----

Jaejoong, Sunggyu and Lu Han are having lunch after meeting with Hyundai’s CEO in Hyundai headquarter. It seems their project is going on smoothly, everything is in the place it should be. He wants to tell Myungsoo that the current sour situation between Sehuna and Howon seems is not affecting their project. He searches for his phone in his pant pocket and suit, but finds it nowhere.  He takes every single thing from his briefcase, it is vain. He is in doom if he loses the phone. He tells Sunggyu he needs to go back to Lotte and rushes to the parking lot. He is up if he loses the phone. He drives fast to the said headquarter, runs inside the building to the elevator to get him to the conference room. He is panting slightly before walks fast to the said room, he almost storms out to the inside should he doesn’t see CEO Choi is still inside the room and he is facing the man who sits on the other chair on the other side of the room. The man’s back is straight and he doesn’t need to see his expression to say that he is wearing serious expression on his face. Jaejoong tries to remember who sits on the chair a while ago on the meeting. It is Sunggyu who sat on the chair before as their representative replacing Howon for today’s meeting.

“Lee Howon” Jaejoong becomes alarm when he hears the name is being said by Choi Seungwon with seriousness. He knows Howon has been back to Seoul, but he doesn’t see him yet. Jaejoong smiles dryly, how come he stoops so low till he has to eavesdropping, he clears his mind and blocks any other thought. He listens carefully to the conversation. He has imagined the speech, Lee Howon will start with series of apologize. He is perfect gentleman as his brother dubs him as. Sometime he wants to shake Howon’s shoulders harshly to make him understands that being selfish once is not a sin. He is not to be blame for the rumour and lies that have been already solved. It is no longer a problem, it will be reminder to be careful then on. Jaejoong rolls his eyes to think about it. However, he becomes tense hearing the sentences that being left from Howon’s mouth.

“It is already being decided that I will be the successor of Lee household” Jaejoong feels his stomach churn, he vaguely understand which direction this conversation is going. He leaves the spot and walks back to the elevator. He smiles little, straighten his back and squares his shoulders. He looks back to the meeting room before steps inside the elevator to bring him down to the first floor. His phone needs series of code to be accessed, he can asks Lu Han to search of it for him.

----

            “Thank you” Sehuna says softly to them after blows the candles on the cake. Her parents and sibling arrange small birthday party for her. There is her mother, Siwon along with Bora and Jimin, Jiwon and Sungjoon, her husband. Honestly, she does not remember her own birthday, she did not keep on the date, not with her packed schedule and the events occurred before she fainted. She cuts the cake and gives the first piece to Jimin who plead with his eyes begging her for the first piece. She allows it, no one will protest. Jiwon takes her job and distributes the cake for the others.

“Father tells us he will be late” Siwon informs, he hugs her for the countless times that day and ruffles her hair slightly before he joins the others on the couch which provided in the room.

“Sometime I feel your oppa treats you like his child rather than sister. You will always be the precious baby he saw with amazed eyes, daze face and wide grin when he was 8 years old” Her mother says dreamily. She blushes prettily and fakes cough as her disagreement, it is embarrassing every time her mother teases her due to her brother affectionate action or touchy habit like she labels this uncouth behaviour only for her priviledge. Her mother smiles softly, her eyes shining brightly. She is taken back by that and averts her gaze to the other occupants in the room, they look at her expectantly, concern being written in their face and eyes. She allows small smile, it brings grins and smiles.

Her actual birthday is weeks ago or months ago precisely. The birthday slipped from her mind, she buried herself on work after she was being back to home. She did remember Howon’s birthday, he sent him plane miniature a week before his birthday and cake to his home. She personally asked his mother to give her present to him without signed name on the present. Bitter smile appears on her face, she had pushed them away unconsciously, she knew their engagement would affecting their families, but she didn’t calculate it could be to the extend she distanced herself from everyone who cared about her.

“Here” Siwon snaps her from her thought, coaxing her to open . She raises her eyebrows, is he kidding? He wants to feed her cake? He wriggles his eyebrow as if daring her to decline his demand. She allows he feeds her several spoons, she shakes her head when he wants to feed her more. The cake must be delicious and sweet, but her taste has her own opinion it tastes weird. She hears sighs, they must be disappointed due to her reluctance to eat. She sees her brother in law raises from his seat takes the plate from Siwon’s hand, he gives it to Sungjoon without question.

“That is unfair to only give the privilege to your brother. As your other brother I demand we get same privilege. Everyone will get the turn to spoil this princess” Sungjoon says and shoves the small piece of cake in front of her. It is her turn to sigh, she can’t refuse Sungjoon, rude when the older man who hold the title as her brother in law has taken the problem in hand. Jiwon watches hopefully from her seat, Bora watches her with solemn eyes. She does great job to make everyone worries. Great…. She nods her head before eats the cake. Smile blooms on their faces, her brother ruffles her hair. Siwon seems really happy and relief, her mother eyes become teary. Sungjoon ruffles her hair, they really do take turn to feed her. Jimin makes bet that he can make her eat more than anyone, she has no choice and grand her his wish.

They are in the middle of conversation when their father comes. He makes a beeline to Sehuna’s bed and hugs her before he kisses his wife cheek. Jimin chants “present”, he is really excited to open the boxes of present for Sehuna. On the corner of her eyes, she sees her father and Siwon leave them quietly and seems to have heat argument. She shoves her uneasiness, it is not her concern and focuses her attention to the moment.

----

            He closes the door behind him, he walks further to the room. He approaches her bed slowly but steadily, she is paler than the last time he saw her, she is sick he reminds himself of the fact. He memorizes the contour of her face, her jawline sharper than remembers. He carefully moves the strain of black hair from her forehead, she stirs slightly makes his hand freezes above her face, he sighs in relief when she doesn’t make another move and settles back to her sleep. He catches gleam of their engagement ring snuggles comfortably on her ring finger. He squeezes his guilty feeling, averts his gaze and sees box of gifts in other side of room. He sits on the couch while watching the television with lowest sound he can manage to hear. He sighs, he dislikes this kind of news. He stands from the couch when his phone rings, he glances slightly to Sehuna and walks to the window.

She blinks her eyes adjusting it to the bright light of the room. She hears voices from the television and other sound, she turns her head to the other source of voice. Her eyes widen slightly when catches the silhouette of her fiancé standing before the glass window. She glances to the clock, 3.15 is written on the digital clock. Her mind is still foggy because of the sleep, she closes her eyes to regain full consciousness.

“What have I done to get an honour of your rare visit in this ungodly time?” Her tone is void of emotion, it comes neutral, sound soft despite the harsh words. Howon turns around to her, end his conversation with the person on the other line. He glances to wristwatch, too soon he notes and mentally prepares himself. He finally looks to her properly, he should feel terrified, but her colder eyes awaken unfamiliar feeling on him, her eyes are so fascinating and full of perilous charm. He regains his composure fast, walking to the bed where she is on. He holds her gaze, her gaze may be terrifying, but her eyes show richest emotions that he ever saw on those dark brown eyes, if he can put it he will say the eyes are fascinating and captivating indeed. He takes the unoccupied chair before her bed, they hold gaze for several moment. She frowns when smile appears on his face.

He chuckles, he thinks he deserves the cold shoulder, he has expected it. However, the eyes captives his inner self never crossed his mind. He has heard from her mother how she barely showed any emotion since she was awake. He has thought during his flight, his decision will be made by her. It depends on her, they will keep going or breaking their engagement relies on her decision. Now, it is different something grows, something bordering possessive. He knows she is fierce girl hot all over, he has known the fact well enough. He may sound insane, but he also wants the cold beauty possessing the icy eyes, cold he likes it. He will have his ultimate outcome, she is his. He needs to have her, this side of her. Two can play in the game, Howon smirks little before schooled his features showing no expression on the surface. He struts to the chair beside her bed, put distance from her reach.

“Fancy to see you after long time” He teases her lightly, he knows she will blow him and that’s what he wants. He needs or they need this confrontation, she needs to let out her anger, he has to understand their position.

“Life goes on” She says calmly doesn’t letting her emotion takes control. They have known long enough to give a time for each other to come with words. They are aware, misstep and misscalculation could be fatal. They are on thin glass relationship. She is irate, he can tell from her balled fist she hids under her other hand. She takes deep breath, willing her emotion in check, block the anger and disappointment creep across her heart. She can’t do this now, her mind is clouded and she can’t risk it. She looks straight to Howon’s eyes, they are on guard it is not the best time to discuss the sensitive issue. She believes in her judgement, they are in no condition to up for heat argument or anything of sort. Lack of clarity, clouded mind, unfit body offer good promise of something she can regret.

“Lay, we will talk later” She commands before she is lying back on the bed, her tone leaves no argument on it. She shifts slightly making more room for Howon, space to join her.  She tilts her head instruct her to take the side she has made for him. He sighs and his body has shouted to him to just lay and gets blink of any rest he can, too tired to argue and shrugs his shoulders before does as she wishes. The bed is not the standard single patient bed, the size is big enough for the two of them. Thus, he has no reason to against the idea to sleep beside her on same bed, there is enough space separates them. She may up for confrontation, but other part of her wants desperately to avoid any conversation. She has known before Howon speaks, it’s not the best time to talk. She hates to being reminded of the obligation he has and she wants to shout to his face, how foolish he is, how his selflessness is his selfishness. However, what she hates the most, she is the core problem. She blames him to avoid her, but she did nothing to help him solve the issue which pushed him to take the decision. Howon watches her closely, she doesn’t mind, she has accustomed by his stares. She looks back at him, neither of them seem to back up trying to read each other mind. It’s definitely futile when none wants to put guard down. She reluctantly gives further explanation.

“Shawn Achor describes in his book The Happiness Advantage that doctors put in positive mood before making a diagnosis show almost three times more intelligence and creativity than doctor in neutral state, and they make accurate diagnoses 19 percent faster” She adds another point after second thought, she can blame her sickness to admit her weakness.

“I hate to lose control, but I hate more when I can think rationally” Her pale cheeks is decorated with the bloom of pink spread fast. He nods his head in understanding and arranges his position to the most comfortable one.

“I thought doctor knew better what the best for their own health is” His tone counterattacks the insult the words bring, the lack of sarcasm only makes the worry transparent to hear. She only stares at him, no words leaves . He lets out a long suffering sigh before offering her small smile. We will talk later …. The words sink in, it will do for now. They can talk later….. He defeats to this new conclusion. He allows wider smile on his face and whisper it in small voice.

“Thank you for the airplane prototype” He says before closing his eyes. Her gaze soften watching his closed eyes. She watches the movement of his chest up and down till he breathes calm and even slightly deeper than his normal breathing when he is wake, signs he has gone to deep slumber. She reaches with her right hand and loosen his tie carefully to not wake him up and puts it on her bedside table. She moves the bangs from his forehead and brings the cover for them both, tucks it on his chest. She catches the glimpse of her own engagement finger and she chuckles slightly, looking to the man before her. Shaking her head before begins to sing the song that she allows herself to indicate their circumstance.

Are you, are you

Coming to the tree

Where I told you to run

So we’d both be free

Strange things did happen here

No stranger would it be

If we met at midnight

In the hanging tree

“Who are we and what we will be, Howon?” She says in clear voice. She looks to the brown orbs of his he has woken up after the several lines of the verse 2 left . She leaves it at that and continuing the last verse of the song.

“In the hanging tree” Howon whispers the last line of the song.

“In the hanging tree” She repeats firmly. Howon watches her closes her eyes, he follows after.