Vows

Mugunghwa Promise

"Wake up Kim Myungsoo... It's your wedding day? Do you want to miss it?" Sunggyu knocked the door and shouted from the outside.

"Hyung, come on. Wake up.... Open the door" Sungjong's voice followed after.

"Oh My God.... Kim Myungsoo.... Are you crazy? Wake up. We don't have much time" Sunggyu almost lost his patience, he couldn't believe that they needed to drag Myungsoo to his own wedding.

"Guys, shut up. I've already woken up" Myungsoo shouted back to them.

"Open the door now" Sungjong said, hissing through his teeth. He knew that his hyung didn't want to marry in the first place, but it was already too late to cancel anything. It would put their family in shame and Sungjong somehow didn't want to be the witness of another stupid last minute decision.

Myungsoo opened the door lazily, looking at 2 angry faces of his hyung and dongsaeng.

"Kim Myungsoo, you have 5 minutes to take a bath" Sunggyu said and dragged him to the bathroom. Myungsoo showered and rinsed under the cold water, he didn't turn on the hot tap, there was no use to wait for the hot water neither he had time.

Wish the cold water could numb my mind. I don't want this marriage, I want nothing of it.

"Myungsoo, come out of the shower now. We don't have much time" He took the towel to dry his hair and wore the bathrope before stepping out to the warm of his room. Sungjong and Sunggyu stood side by side waiting for him impatiently.

"It's your tuxedo" Sungjong shoved him black tuxedo, they turned their bodies to give him some illusion of privacy. In no time Myungsoo already wore his wedding suit. Sungjong inspected him and nodded his approval, the three went to the waiting car outside. The driver nodded his head to them and drove them to the venue.

"Myungsoo.... You have aggreed to marry her, I have questioned you about your decision, but you were so adamant to marry her. Now, it's not the time you back away. You can't do it to her nor to her family. Don't make me dissapoint on you" Sunggyu said to him, Sungjong acted like he didn't hear what Sunggyu said.

Myungsoo rubbed his face tiredly. Sunggy was right, he put himself in this situation. He couldn't back away in last minute. Too many risk to do that.......

-------

"You look so lovely in this white wedding dress. Do you like it?" Myungsoo's stepmother asked Souen while she caress her hair.

"I love it, Eommonin. Thank you" She answered honestly and gave her mother sincere smile.

"So Eun, you know my son is younger than you. He is really stubborn and hard to approach sometime, but I can assure you he is good man. Please, take care of him" Her eyes was hopeful when she said that to her soon to be daughter in law.

"I'll do my best, eommonim. I will try my best to best wife for him" Soeun said with small smile graced her beautiful features. Myungsoo's step mother hugged her and she hugged her back. They pulled away when there was knocks on the door. Soeun's mother stood there and smiled widely to them.

"Is it my daughter? I can't believe my eyes, she is so beautiful" She said in awe

"No, she'll be my daughter. Kim Myungsoo's wife" Myungsoo's mother sent playful glare to her. The youngest woman in the room blushed prettily hearing the title 'wife' that would she had soon.

"If you don't mind, could give us minutes to talk? I need time with my daughter before let her go as your daughter" 

"She always be your daughter" Myungsoo's stepmother smiled and bumped her mother's shoulder before left the room for the two of them alone. 

The older woman looked at her daughter, small smile on her face. She was happy, but somehow she couldn't help to feel sad as well. Her daughter would leave their home and took new step in her marriage journey. 

"Mom, don't cry. I'm happy" Soeun said when tears dropped freely from her mother's eyes.

"Do you really want to do this? Are you sure you won't regret it?" She asked with sorrow obvious in her voice.

"Mother, I know what I do. I have thought about it over and over. Don't know what the future has for me, but I do believe this is one of best decision that I have decided"

"After this you belong to him. I can't do anything for you anymore, but even though you will be his. Remember you are welcomed to come to our house. It always be your home" Soeun nodded her head, she smiled widely to ease her mother's heart. Her mother smiled tearfully, but noone could miss how relieve she was after saying that.

*Cough* The moment broken by fake cough that made them directed their gazes to the door, Hyunjoong, Soeun's older brother stood beside the the door and smiled to the most important women in his life.

"Someone wants to talk to you" Hyunjoong gave her the cell phone and dragged their mother with him leaving her alone.

MYUNGSOO

"Is she pretty hyung?" Sungjong asked me. I shrugged my shoulder, to tell the truth I have never met her before. I made up so many excuses to not meet her. I have agreed to marry her as father's requested me to do, he couldn't force me to do other things.

"Myungsoo.... Even you don't love her, don't hurt her. She will be your wife and she is your responsibility from now on" Woohyun-hyung said seriously, among us he was the only one who had married. His love life was roller coaster of emotion for all of us and for him marriage was really sacred.

It's still mystery even for me, why father wanted me to marry her. Her family was commoners, they did not belong to same society with us. It's not about bussiness, but still it's forced marriage. I shook my head, there was no need to think about it. 

"Young master. It's...." I cut my butler words, I didn't need everyone around me to remind me of the event that might become the most dreadful  moment in my life.

"Lets just end this" I said and received glared from my friends.  It's only Howon-hyung who didn't glare, he squeezed my shoulder before following me to the altar as my best man.

SOEUN

"Listen to me carefully, I won't repeat this twice. You'll make a vow with someone who God choses as your half soul. From now on you live for him as well. He'll be your world, he'll be your sky, he'll be your sun. Summer, Spring, Winter, Autumn, you will be there beside him. Marriage is not always about happiness, there will be sad moment, despair, and even horrible things. However, marriage can be one of the most beautiful thing happens in life. I do believe you can be like Mugunghwa flower, beautiful, strong, and passionate. As the phylosophy said mugunghwa is symbol of intelligence, courage, and beauty. I'll always pray for your happiness. May God always beside you, my dear sister. Soeun, don't look back to the past, you deserve your happiness and you need to promise you will fight for this" I couldn't hold back my tears and brought my left hand to my mouth.

"Don't cry Soeun. It will be one of the best day in your life that never happened twice. Smile, be happy. Sorry, I can't attend your wedding, but I will always pray for you. I love you, sister. I will always do...." I nodded my head and waited for him to end the call.

"I guess now you're ready. Come on baby sister" Hyunjoong-oppa wiped my tears and kisses my forehead. He led to the hall where the guests and our family were waiting to see this exchange vows of my marriage. He gave my hand to our father, he smiled softly to me. I could say that my father must felt difficult to give me to my soon to be husband.

---------

MYUNGSOO

"If you don't want her. Many will like to take offer you position" Howon-hyung said to me when we saw my bride walked down the aisle. 

I spared glance to Sungjong, Woohyun-hyung, Sungyeol-hyung, Sunggyu-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung, they looked comical with their widen eyes and Sungyeol-hyung had his jaw hang. Howon-hyung smiled and shrugged his shoulder to me. Dongwoo-hyung gave tumbs to me or should I say to her. 

"Isn't she you ideal type? Has long and wavy hair to add her beautiful face" Howon-hyung added to my predicament.

Maybe she is my ideal type, but is it enough reason to marry someone just because she is my ideal type.

I smiled thinly, it's so ironic. My father knew my type when he never spared any attention to me.

My father in law gave her hand to me which then I hold, he gave me fatherly smile and told me to take care of her daughter. I felt pang in my heart, it was the first time I met him as well. He didn't say anything to me, but his eyes told me enough how he cherished his daughter and guilt almost made me cancelled the wedding, I might be the worst nightmare for his daughter. The squeeze I received from my bride woke me up from my wandering thought. I smiled slightly to the priest who led the ceremony. I managed fake smile to anyone to see. I didn't really keep in track for what he said. I closed my eyes when the priest asked me the question which would seal our fate. I took deep breathe and said it with heavy heart.

"I do"

The priest asked her the same question to her. I hope she would not give herself up to me. I really hope she would say....

"I do" Her soft voice rang in my ears. It's real, not a dream. I smiled bitterly, she sealed her own nightmare by marrying me.

"You can kiss your bride" The priest said. I closed my eyes in seconds before harden my feeling. It's already done, Kim Myungsoo.

I faced her and she smiled to me. I glanced at my father who nodded his head to me.

"I am sorry" I said to her ear before kissed her forehead. She was stunned hearing that.

I heard claps from everyone who were attending our matrimony. She gave me small smile while a tear dropped from her beautiful eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------