Care

Mugunghwa Promise

 Jaejoong balls his fist, they have made it clear they have no hesitation to mess up with them. Jang Hyunseung, that man has boiled Jaejoong’s blood.  Actually, they have arrange for private conversation with the others for Howon, but Hyunseung shows up on Lotte main office for reason that even Jaejoong can’t get it in his head. Sungyeol and Woohyun are the first to see him when they have just back from the café close to their office to grab Sungyeol’s coffee Americano. They approach him and try their hard to politely what he is doing at Lotte main office. He purposely triggers their angers or he has assumed that Howon won’t ever keep the relationship from his friends or he wants to insult Howon and Lotte in general. It’s fortunate Howon’s personal assistant senses the heavy atmosphere and settles Hyunseung to the right place. Mark, Howon’s P.A., also makes the point across on their mind Howon must have reason to keep the fact from them. Although, the two show their displeasure they nod their head and Woohyun finally come to conclusion that this it is what they will talk about soon enough.

            “Thanks Mark to telling me this” Jaejoong says smiling, even so Mark can see that Jaejoong has another question entail behind his smile.

            “Forgive for my rudeness, Jaejoong-shi. Does something bothering you? I can tell it’s not about Jang Hyunseung-shi” Mark says calmly. Jaejoong smiles tight, he has known for long enough to tell that Mark is sharp and smart, not to mention he is good with reading person. From what Mark tells him before, he can pictures it clearly how embarrassed Hyunseung with Mark’s remark. He wants be there to see it by his eyes.

            “Mark Tuan. Nice to meet you again Congratulation for Lotte-Hyundai join project. He does great job. And for his engagement to Miss Choi as well” He smirked to Woohyun and Sungyeol.

            “Hyungseung-shi, before I thank you for the kindness to congrate us for Lotte-Hyundai join project, but somehow I really curious of something”

            “Curious? About what?” Hyunseung said casually as if he didn’t sense murder auras from Sungyeol and Woohyun.

“If you don’t mind me Hyunseung-shi, how could you know about the engagement of Lee Howon-shi and Choi Sehuna-shi? The engagement party even the said engagement is not for public consume and for the close relative and friends only. I can guarantee that no one sitting on Lotte broad directors spread the news. Don’t you think preying to other people business is rude?” Mark smiled politely to him.

It’s absolutely accusation and Hyunseung has made wrong move from the start. If it’s Howon present there maybe he will be so proud of his personal assistant. Even sajang-nim, Jaejoong’s father is fond of him.

“Howon-nim didn’t tell me about the engagement and with the event I have encountered before, but I could draw a line that Woohyun-nim and Sungyeol-nim didn’t know about it either. I trust my instinct this time, Jaejoong-nim and Sunggyu-nim, at least Jaejoong-nim has known the engagement like known the joint project like back hand” Jaejoong chuckles, Mark raises his eyebrow doesn’t find it amusement

“How far do you know about Lotte and Shisegae then Mark?”

“What is entail behind your question, Jaejoong-shi?”

----

            “Do you think the others know about the engagement Hyunseung told about?” Woohyun asks. Sungyeol leans back on his chair. To tell the truth he doesn’t know what piss him the most of this turn of event.

            “Sungyeol from your reaction before I guess you have known it before”

            “Yes, I am” He admits.

            “Tell me what I need to know” Woohyun says, but Sungyeol just laughs hollow.

            “Honestly, I don’t know what we need or don’t need to know” Woohyun raises his eyebrows, he sighs and lets it. If his memories of this few days serve it right, he can tell Sungyeol has known, another one maybe Myungsoo who acts strange longer and unconsciously observes Howon. He can bet Sunggyu and Jaejoong have already known.

-----

            Sunggyu and Howon are in Hyundai main office to meet Siwon. They need to converse the project further. The two department stores will make sure they have their best employees assign for this project. Siwon introduces them to the sign accountant from Hyundai, Lu Han. He is bit feminine in Sunggyu’s eyes, but then again he is totally wrong. Lu Han can be really fierce, it shown when he asks for the budget planning Lotte makes. He shows displeasure and little unsatisfied with their offered. Siwon jokes Chinese has certain sense about money that Lu Han dismisses. They must be close if Lu Han can act that way to his superior, even though after that Lu Han realizes about his mistake and Siwon is the next who dismisses it. Sunggyu excuses himself and Lu Han because it seems they know the two have another conversation personally. They shake each other hand and separate.

            “How are you two doing together?” Siwon asks.

            “Pardon me?” Siwon laughs with his question.

            “Everything is fine? Sehuna doesn’t tell me anything except to act professionally for this project” Howon nods his head.

“Howon-shi, as you know I still don’t get it. Personally I never considered this project, it’s surreal how we are two department stores who want to beat each other on sales or profit to say bluntly will have joint project. At least in our situation, the both department stores are doing well without each other. Don’t you think that way?” Howon can’t argue but nods his head once again.

            “And then the arrangement, Lee Howon and Choi Sehuna. I need to confess that I fiercely don’t approve till now. Could you understand?”

            “I’m totally understands of your concern” Howon offers smile to Siwon.

            “I won’t sugar coating. Sehuna is the youngest sibling I have, my other sister, Jiwon has already married with the man she chooses by herself. It’s unfair for Sehuna to marry a man she barely knows, stranger exactly. I don’t approve because even though she is brat and does everything on her terms, on some aspects she will be selfless. She won’t have heart to say no when both our parent ask her to marry you. And with the joint project Lotte offered us for long time, it burdens me. Is it all just for business? I heard that Kim Myungsoo-shi’s marriage is arranged as well, but then from what I saw they could come with the best way. My wife convinces to look at bright side and keep me think positive about it, I still can’t approve it. Even so if Sehuna is happy and decides to go along, I have no voice to prevent it. I won’t repeat it, I will tell you just once. I keep my eyes on you” Siwon says calmly.

            Howon bows slightly on his sit. He has no argument, he agrees with Siwon.

            “I do my best. Thank for your concern, I will keep that in my mind” Siwon offers his hand to Howon and he shakes it.

            “I guess we…..”

            “Appa” They avert their gazes to the source of voice. The young boy runs to Siwon’s side.

            “Jimin, you don’t tell Appa you’ll come here” Siwon says and ruffles the boy. Jimin grins to him. He averts his gaze and when he sees Howon, he smiles widely to him.

            “Hi, uncle Howon” He chirps.

            “Hello, Jimin. How are you?”

            “Absolutely awesome” The boy says and laughs.

“Where is your mother?” Before Jimin can answer his father’s question, young woman, Siwon’s wife, walks to the office while shakes her head.

“He leaves me and runs here” Bora says faking glare to him.

“Eumma is too slow” Jimin says easily.

“You!!!” Bora wants to scold him, but then she realizes Howon is there. So she just lets her son for now. He stands from his sit and bows to her then she follows.

“Appa, I’m hungry. Can we eat now?” He asks and gives his puppy eyes to his father. Bora shakes her head.

“Jimin, Appa is still busy. Uncle Howon is here not just to play like you. You know” He puffs his cheeks unconsciously. Howon wants to laughs, he is 11 years old as he remembers Sehuna ever said, but he will be 5 years old when it comes to his parents. Siwon smiles apologetically to Howon. Howon doesn’t mind after all the business matter has done. He excuses himself to leave the family alone. Before he reaches the door knob, Siwon calls him.

“Howon”

“Yes?” He turns around.

“I trust you. Don’t disappoint me” Howon smiles and bows once more before he leaves.

---

            Howon is back to office to meet many glances people give him. He raises his eyebrows, frown slightly but the shrugs. He remembers to get a document from department of marketing. He is about to knock when he hears his name on their conversation, he doesn’t want to eavesdrop, but after hears the engagement word, he feels tense. The door is slightly open after all, but with his position now they won’t know he is standing there behind door.

            “Is it real that Howon-shi has already engaged?” One asks.

“I thought I just imagined it when I saw ring on his left ring finger, I mean maybe it’s some kind accessory or what” Another girl says in rather disbelieve voice.

“I hate this. I have no chance with Howon-shi anymore” Someone whines.

“Girls, can you just back to work” Male’s voice can be heard.

“I really want to know what kind of girl Howon-shi’s fiancé is. Howon-shi is good man, he deserves good woman too. It won’t be pain in the if his fiancée is at least like Kim Myungsoo-shi’s wife. She is beautiful and kind even to us, the employee, not like most spoiled girls who hang around wealthy man just for their wealth”

“I guess so, Howon-shi…..”

He feels pat on his shoulder. He turns around, surprises.

“Sorry, Howon-shi” He smiles sheepishly. Howon shakes his head. Jackson seems hear the conversation inside to.

“Sunggyu-shi and Jaejoong-shi are waiting for you in Sunggyu-shi office room” He says rather quietly. Howon nods his head and is about to leave when he sees Jackson smirks. Howon raises his eyebrows, Jackson holds up a folder in his hand.

“I also need document from marketing department” Howon grins to him. Jackson is one of the youngest personal assistants between other personal assistants his friends have, maybe that’s why he is mischievous, sarcastic, and playful sometimes. Howon shakes his head want to know what he is going to do, he stands at his place and looks Jackson pushes the door opens. Howon wants to laugh when the employees there widen their eyes after they see Howon. Several girls he thinks converse about him scramble from their previous place and back to their desk. The other employees lower their heads slightly to Howon. Jackson walks further and gives the report to one of male employee there while Howon asks for report he needs. They offer sit for Howon who refuses it politely, he just here for document after all. Howon wants to laugh, he knows some of the girls glance at him worriedly. Howon really laughs when they are outside.

“Their faces are hilarious, priceless” Jackson grins widely.

“You are mischievous”

“People need to mind their own business” Jackson shrugs. They take the lift to Sunggyu’s office which also on same floor as his. Jackson knocks the door informs that Howon has arrived. Jackson excuses himself and leaves the three.

---

            Myungsoo shakes his head. He has heard about what happen this morning from Woohyun. To tell the truth he is relief that no commotion occurred. Hyunseung really needs to not stick his nose to other people business. Oh…. He is really generous to congratulate them for the project, but he can’t grab the idea for the engagement. It’s Howon’s personal life, how can he knows about that even before Howon’s friends. He frowns slightly then laughs. He ever dismissed the thought, but it proves that their rival play in many fields. He can’t goto his father, but he can go to other uncles. He weights his option and choses to call Sunggyu’s father, he closer to him than to the others.

“Hello, Myungsoo. Do you need something?” Uncle Kim asks.

“Do you have time tomorrow uncle? I need to talk to you about something important”

“Is it serious?” He asks him.

“It depends on our conversation later”

“Okay, then. I will inform you later after I ask Seokjin about my schedule and make sure scheduling our meeting” He laughs on the phone. Myungsoo smiles and bids his goodbye to him.

-----

            “I want let them do as their wish, Junwoo. They are going too far” He hisses.

            “Dohyun called me a while ago, he wants us to meet tonight at his house. Seems he has heard the incident as well. He told me that Dongwoo asks him is it true that Howon has engaged, I guess Howon keeps it secret all along from them”

            “Oh…. How does Dongwoo take it?”

            “Dongwoo is Dohyun’s son after all. He will think rationally and won’t judge beforehand. It’s Woohyun and Sungyeol that don’t take it well from the story I heard. Howon can solve it on his own way, he is the one to choose to keep it as secret. Well, some part is my fault too” Silence takes her place between them. Myungsoo’s father rises from his seat and walks to the glass window.

            “What are they going to react if they know the real reason that we married them to each other?” He whispers to himself, but Junwoo hears this.

            “Howon and Sehuna, they maybe take it rather lightly. They live in peace with the known of business behind their engagement”

            “I can say that Howon looks up on you and Sehuna even from I heard is little rebellious, she loves her parent too much to not believe that they will do the best for her. I guess I’ll ask their help in the time, Howon is more mature and has good emotion control”

            “We need to make sure that no one finds out the truth before you tell them. Oh… Jaejoong takes liking on Mark after Hyunseung’s incident”

            “And Mark?”

            “From what I heard” Junsoo laughs a bit. Junwoo smiles a bit.

“Forget the part of accidentally eavesdrop. Mark stated I’m Howon-shi personal assistant, my job is all related to him. I have nothing to do with Shinsegae if it’s not for Howon-shi. The Shinsegae part has something to do with you, right?” Junsoo smiles to hear that.

“The probability that Mark knows about Shinsegae than Jaejoong is more widely known between the two of us aside from the personal matter. There are reasons why we assigned him as Howon’s personal assistant.  He can work under two wings without messing up. Correction for the personal matter, he knows every aspects of personal matter if it’s related to Shinsegae which doesn’t involve us. He knows where he needs to stop and he won’t take part in whatever Jaejoong wants him too if it’s risking”

“If I don’t know you well enough, I won’t ever think to assign Mark as Howon’s P.A. Anyway, he surprised me when he told me bluntly that his ‘job’ as Howon’s P.A separates from his other ‘job’. It’s good he is on our side, to have someone like him on Shinsegae makes me shudder”

“Never believes at prince charming and flower boy image” Junsoo remarks.

“Don’t you think that applied to your beloved son, Jaejoong” Junwoo snorts. Junsoo shakes his head and becomes serious again.

“I never want to drag our sons in this mess”

“They have us to protect them and even our sons have started their own war they know what they do. We have no control to their school life before and we never thought they would take our rival as their rival as well”

----

Baekhyun sighs and massages his forehead, heading back to the table where Soeun sit. He flops down on the chair. Woohyun calls him a while ago and he can sense that his lover is really mad. He has tried to calm him down, but Woohyun seems still doesn’t feel better at all. Woohyun has short temper and he knows even if they sit him to tell before Hyunseung showed up it won’t settle well on him.

“What’s wrong?” Soeun asks concern.

“It’s nothing just something that makes Woohyun works up”

“Is it Howon-shi?” Baehyun raises his eyebrows.

“Oh…. Myungsoo has already known and told you” The last question isn’t phrased as question, but it’s still one. Soeun nods her head.

“Woohyun takes it bad, Myungsoo?”

“He takes it bad too. I have thought about it, they seem don’t mind with our marriage I mean I and Myungsoo are on arrange marriage, is it that different with Howon-shi?”

“Out of his outrage after his father told him about the marriage, they had already known. Sunggyu-hyung made sure everyone helped Myungsoo and you. They searched information about your background and convinced him to not back off. And you two can make the best of this” Baekhyun smiles.

“I think we can share this. Woohyun said they will talk tomorrow. It’s just my feeling or maybe tonight we need to cool their heads” Baekhyun shrugs, Soeun shakes her head.

-----

            Sehuna inhales deep breathe, finally her shift is over. She is relief she doesn’t mess up. She thanks God that every time she concentrates on something nothing can affect her and divide her attention, but she also curses under her breath. Now that she has leisure time her mind wanders around on certain thing. Her so called fiancé, Lee Howon. She feels anxious, she can’t reach Howon’s phone at lunch time. She calls the office and Howon’s P.A. tells her that Howon has important meeting. Sehuna knows about the meeting with her brother, but his brother informs her that meeting has ended before lunch. Something is bothering him and it eats her when he says it’s nothing just tired of load off works. Tired my …. She can tell tired because off works or something else. And Lee Howon never was the one who says tired of works. Howon never good at lying and really at make an excuse.

            “Doctor Choi!!!!” She turns around when hears shout of her name. She smiles to the two boys. The Cho twins are running to her. She shakes her head, the boys always like that since first time she meet them. Youngmin is the loudest and Kwangmin is the quiet one, they are in same grade as Jimin, her nephew. Maybe they can be friends if they meet. She doesn't correct Youngmin, Kyuhy ever said to her that it's common to patient to mistaken intern as doctor, yes they are doctors.  Interns are doctors who have graduated medical school and are in their first year of a residency training program. Of course, ‘intern’ is also the universal term for all those college students trying to get a short term experience on their resume by ‘interning’ there first.

            “Hei, Youngmin, Kwangmin”

            “Hei, doctor” Youngmin says cheerfully.

            “Have you finished your shift today?” Youngmin asks. Sehuna nods while smiling.

            “Hah… No fun” He sulks. Kwangmin shakes his head.

            “Kwangmin Youngmin” The boys looks around to see their father with a nurse walks to their direction. Sehuna bows slightly to Kyuhyun who nods to her. The nurse excuses herself from them.

            “Your shift has ended intern  Choi?” Kyuhyun asks and they walk to the elevator.

            “Yes, sunbae. Pshycian Kwan tells me that today we can take our leave early” She answers politely.

            “Oh… I’m heading home as well. It’s nice to have peace day in a while” Kyuhyun jokes. They step in the elevator and down to the first floor. Sehuna smiles to him. Surgery department is busy department and Kyuhyun is outstanding general surgeon at his young age. They are in different department, but that doesn’t make her know nothing about other department and its doctor or pharmacist works under. Youngmin and Kwangmin ask many things to Sehuna, Kyuhyun just shakes his head in amusement. They arrive at the first floor not long after. Youngmin and Kwangmin are the first who step out. Kyuhyun and Sehuna let them. They walk slowly and talk about United State medicine school education.

“Where is the two? We just talk for 15 minutes and they are gone. I’ll ask the nurse maybe they know where the devils go” Kyuhyun says and they make their way to the receptionist. Howon promises he will be here at 6 P.M sharp. Sehuna looks up and sees the twins bring snack and coke in there hand, but what makes her blinks is not because the snack or the twin, but Howon is beside them. Kyuhyun narrows his eyes to his kids and Howon. Kyuhyun brings his boys closely to him and he looks sternly to them.

“Appa, it’s Howon-hyung. He is Myungsoo-hyung’s friend. He comes here to pick his fiancée up. Hyung, it’s my father Cho Kyuhyun” Kwangmin says calmly and eat the chocolate bar in his hand. Kyuhyun’s expression becomes friendly. Sehuna looks from the twins, Kyuhyun and Howon. Myungsoo is her memory serves her right, he is Howon’s close friend also son of Lotte CEO. The world is really small then.

“I’m Lee Howon. Nice to meet you, Cho Kyuhyun-shi”

“Nice to meet you too, Howon-shi. I’m Cho Kyuhyun”

“Noona, it’s Howon-hyung. And hyung the beautiful noona here is doctor Choi Sehuna” Youngmin says rather dreamily. Kyuhyun fakes glare to his older son, boys this day. They are just 12 years old, but he can’t say otherwise. Sehuna is beautiful. They don’t realize that Howon tries his hard not to laugh, he gives force mirth smile to them and ruffles Youngmin’s black lock. Sehuna looks away and brings her hand to , she doesn’t blush, but to find herself in this such situation is really embarrassing. He is her fiancé for God sake.

"Intern Choi Sehuna" Kyuhyun corrects him and Youngmin nods his head. He doesn't get the different between the two all he knows they wear same white coat.

“Hyung, noona” Youngmin looks back and forth. Kyuhyun seems get the idea fast.

“Don’t you want to pick your fiancée up, Howon-shi” He smirks, Sehuna snaps and turns her head to Kyuhyun abruptly. That must be hurt Kyuhyun flinches inside.

“We will help you to find her, hyung. As compensation for this” Youngmin shakes the chip and coke in his hands. Kwangmin nods.

“You have helped him find his fiancée already, boys” Kyuhyun grins widely.

“Where she is?” Youngmin asks. Kwangmin looks up to Sehuna and Howon back and forth. Kwangmin pats Youngmin and jerks his head to Sehuna. Youngmin’s eyes widen in horror. That makes all of them laugh. And as compensation for steal his bride Howon will treat them anything they want when they meet next time.

“You know I can choose Youngmin over you” Sehuna jokes. Howon shakes his head and focusses his attention on the road.

“Hei, little laugh will be nice”

“I’m sorry, but that makes you sound like e. They are in same grade as your nephew” He says and smiles little. At least he smiles.

“I like your fang smile better” She comments bluntly. Howon shakes his head and gives her his grin which showing his canines. Forget to feel awkward or shy, she loves the fang smile after all. Howon laughs when she gives him toothy smile.

----

            Myungsoo pats Howon’s shoulder and takes a seat beside Sunggyu. Yesterday night, Soeun forced him to talk to her after dinner. It surprised him to see how Soeun could be so demanding and made her point settled in his mind. She did it once or twice like she did several days ago. Yesterday she told him bluntly that their situation and Howon don’t have much different. It’s all arrange marriage whatever the reasons behind, it’s still arrange by their parents. She asked him why he accepted their marriage, he couldn’t tell the reason and sighed. What’s make him went along with his parents plan? To think that seems blurred to him, he remembers rage inside him, the words his father told him. The implication of if he didn’t marriage Soeun, he would leave the house or easiest to say leave the household. He nodded his head and did everything his father wants him to do. He won’t ever deny his father wishes and that’s also one of his weakness. Deep down he feels he must take responsibility over his mother and to think of that he pushes himself to pay his father and his brother, even though on the end he knows his brother never blamed him. They do their best to make their marriage works and everything behind their marriage is their personal business. Soon or later Howon will tell them and they need to respect his decision. Listen to Howon and don’t jump to conclusion, they have no right to tell what is good or bad for Howon. It’s his life and he knows what he is doing.

            “I have it said yesterday and this morning. I will say it once again. It’s Howon-shi’s life. You have the right to care because you’re his friend, but you have no right to interfere on his decision” She jab his chest and he laughed.

“Don’t laugh. I’m serious” She said sternly.

“Okay” He smiled.

“Okay then. Use cold head and don’t use your fist” She joked, he made two thumbs up.

“Don’t forget to take lunch and text me if you arrive at office” He nodded his head, no use to argue with her, it’s just her nature to babying younger one that’s his mother-in-law said. She smiled and leaned closer to him, gave him long breathtaking goodbye kiss. He was too distraught and didn’t realize that she shoved magazine to his lap before stepped outside from the car and disappeared inside the campus building. He shook his head in amusement when he saw the new monthly photography magazine.

Everybody in the room seems odd for Sunggyu. Maybe not all, it’s just the Kim brothers. Jaejoong sips his tea calmly, Sunggyu is eyeing him and the said person shrugs when he looks up to meet Sunggyu’s eyes before back to his tea again. He needs to make himself comfortable before they start the conversation. Myungsoo is more than odd on his eyes, he even has time to read photography magazine.

“What hyung?” Myungsoo asks when he feels Sunggyu stares on him weirdly. Sunggyu shakes his head.

“Soeun brings me magazine to spend my leisure time” He reads back the said magazine. Sunggyu narrows his eyes. Since when they have leisure time on active days ? At least Sunggyu can tell that Myungsoo doesn’t take it bad.

 They wait for the last person to come, Dongwoo will be late because he needs to consult something with the CEO, Jaejoong and Myungsoo’s father. Actually, it gives them more time to cool down, but then it also brings side effect. From Sunggyu’s view he senses how Woohyun glares to Howon, how Sungyeol seems ignore him.

“Sorry, guys. I’m late” There Dongwoo smiles to them and immediately takes the unoccupied seat beside Sungyeol. Jaejoong puts down his tea and Myungsoo closes the magazine. He can tell he doesn’t like the tension.

“I have engaged to Choi Sehuna, the daughter of Choi Seungwon, CEO of Hyundai” Sunggyu sips his tea and suddenly he realizes he needs ice tea now.

------

Sehuna sees her wristwatch. Lunch time…. Please…. She finishes all her works and does anything her senior say her to do. The psychian she works with has less patients than yesterday so she just read some document and article about internal medicine to kill the time. She is fidgeting now. Howon’s smile never really that tired before. It doesn’t reach his eyes, he forces the smile to reassure her that everything is going to be okay. She hates that kind of smile, she doesn’t purposely heard Howon’s call this morning. She just wants to inform him that breakfast is ready when she heard him talks with his friend. She doesn’t know who, Howon calls him Hyung, she thinks it’s Jaejoong or Sunggyu because just the two of them he calls Hyung. Woohyun and Dongwoo sometime, but Jaejoong and Sunggyu are always the hyung. She leaves the hospital after gets permission from his senior and promises she will be back before the lunchtime end. Siwon sends assistant when she calls him to ask where Lotte Main Building is. Sehuna thanks Siwon’s assistant and tells him not to wait for her that he refused at first, but Sehuna makes him to do, she can asks her fiancé to take her back to hospital. He nods after thinks awhile. She runs inside the building.

            “Where is Lee Howon’s room?” She asks the receptionist.

            “Sorry, Miss, but first. What is your name and do you have appointment with Mr. Lee?” She massages her forehead, she wants to shout to her to just give her the damn direction.

            “Sehuna” She turns and sees Howon’s father. She bows slightly.

            “What are you doing here?” He asks.

            “Abeoji, I need to meet Howon, but I have no appointment” She says in rush.

            “Hei, calm down. You don’t need appointment to meet him”

            “Next time call Howon he will fetch you here. I will call assistant to take you to Howon. Oh and you forget to take your white coat off” Mr. Lee grins. She smiles sheepishly and takes the coat off. Pabo…. She curses inside.

She realizes many the employees who passer by eyeing her and they nods their head politely to Howon’s father. She can tell the girl behind the receptionist her attention on her. Sehuna smiles politely to her and smiles back to anyone who smiles to her. She doesn’t know them, but it is easy being polite. She ever comes to Hyundai Main Building, but it’s different, they know her as her father’s daughter, here she maybe soon they will know her as Howon’s fiancée or Howon’s wife soon. It depends on their family, after all they have decided to go along with their parents plan. They give their consent and they don't think they need to refuse them. She thinks she can deal with the attention soon enough, even though it's annoying sometime. She loves attention, but just from person she loves and likes. Well, she has used to this kind of attention, but she hope they don't tell her that she is beautiful she is tired being judge or watch just because the fact. She talks with Howon’s father who asks her mainly about her intership in internal medicine department. She likes Howon’s parents, they are really warm to her. She doesn’t need to feel shy around them, they treat her like their own daughter and it makes her believes even more that her choice to give it fair shot is good decision.

A young man approaches them and bows to them. Howon’s father nods his head to him and pats his shoulder.

            “Mark, please bring this lady here to Howon. Don’t flirt with her. Get it” Mr. Lee jokes. The man nods politely.

“Okay then. I’ll go first. Enjoy your time here Sehuna” Howon’s father excuses himself and let the young man takes lead for Sehun from that part.

“This way, Miss Choi” She nods her head. They wait for the elevator and share the elevator with several employees. Mark shakes his head the male employees has no shame to check her out before they face the elevator door. Let see how Jackson’s method or mischievousness works in this kind of situation. He has picked the pranks habit after hang around with Sunggyu’s P.A. He still can’t manage to digest how Sunggyu deal with the prankster, sometimes Sunggyu is Jackson’s victim. Mark still remembered Jackson whined about have no time for breakfast because he woke up late, Sunggyu heard it and less than 30 minutes came the delivery service for Jackson. Maybe due to his age that makes Sunggyu sometime treats Jackson as little baby brother than as his P.A. Sunggyu will do almost his works alone if he can and let Jackson wanders around the building. It’s good he doesn’t work under Sunggyu, he will immediately resign if it happens.

“I’ll bring you to Howon-shi’s office room. He is still in important meeting, you can wait for him there”

“Could you bring me to Howon? I guess Jaejoong-shi and the others won’t mind if I talk to him for minutes” She lies and she knows this young man knows about it as well.

“Howon-shi is in the conference room. I will bring you there then Miss Choi” Mark hides his satisfaction, he loves to see the changes of their faces, he knows why she is here if his instinct serves him right.

They are the last one to out because the conference room is on the second highest floor.

            The elevators is really fast, she thinks when they step out from the elevator. Mark tells him that Howon’s office room is on the other side of the floor. Sehuna nods and remembers that in her mind. They finally arrive in front of conference room he mentions before. Mark is about to knock the door, luckily she stops him in time.

            “Thanks for the help. I can take the rest by myself” She smiles. Mark smiles back politely.

            “Okay, then. I will leave you here Miss Choi” He says smiling, before he leaves her she asks one question bugging in her head.

 “You know I’m Howon’s fiancée, right? And I can tell Howon doesn’t tell anyone” She knows Howon keeps it secret from his friends, and she believes his personal assistant is one on the list. She believes he won’t believe if he knows nothing and then Howon’s father doesn’t tell him her name and he calls him Miss Choi.

            “I coincidentally know. You can ask Howon-shi, Miss” He answers politely. Sehuna nods her head and Mark leaves her with bow. Conference room is designed to sound proof, but the slight crack on door make her can hear what inside. She doesn’t want to eavesdrop, but she can just walk inside before knowing the situation. It will make it awkward.

------

“How could you keep it as secret from us?” Woohyun shouts.

            “Woohyun, calm down” Sunggyu says sternly.

            “Don’t you hear him, hyung? He said this arrangement brought up at Jaejoong-hyung’s party. That means almost half a year. How could you tell me to calm?”

            “Guys, please. What is the big deal of this?”

            “Dongwoo, even you’re the most closer to Hoya. That doesn’t mean you can always accept his act. Don’t you feel betrayed that he doesn’t tell you?” Woohyun says in cold voice.

            “Woohyun, Hoya must have good reason why he doesn’t tell us” Dongwoo says calmly.

            “That time we were approaching Hyundai for countless time for join project. Actually, it’s Jaejoong’s hyung who represented us, but because of some problems at several branches the broad directors pointed me to represent Lotte while Jaejoong hyung solved the problem”

            “I’m still new here. They won’t give much credit on me” Jaejoong adds.

“In that time, father told me that he wants to introduce me to daughter of his friend, the said friend turned out as Choi Seungwon-shi, CEO of Hyundai. Father had told me I can back off if I didn’t like her, but he told me to give it fair shot”

“80% of 100% you will go along with everything your parents said” Woohyun scoffs. Howon doesn’t mind at his comment.

“Hyung, please give Howon-hyung time to explain the situation”

-----

            Sehuna tries to hear the conversation. She doesn’t hear much it seems it’s in the middle of the conversation.

“80% of 100% you will go along with everything your parents said” Someone scoffs. She doesn’t get what Howon’s explanation before, she just get give it fair shot and she knows really well what he means.

“Hyung, please give Howon-hyung time to explain the situation” He says calmly, but with commanding voice. She feels relieve that someone tries to defend Howon. It’s such relieve.

“Myungsoo, you don’t use that tone to me” Someone else hisses. There is silence approaching no one seems want to open their mouth. Sehuna feels her palm sweaty. She doesn’t like it, even she is outside she can tell the two men are glaring at each other. Don’t know why she prays that Howon says something, everything even just a word. Not defend his act or something, but word is enough to make her calm, at least to make her knows his emotion right away.

            “Howon-hyung thanks for the explanation. I wish we could talk later. I guess that’s all I need to know, I can call it’s over. Excuse me” The Myungsoo guy says and Sehuna hears the chair moves.

            “Myungsoo, where are you going? It’s not over, he doesn’t tell us anything” The guy from before shouts.

            “What you need to hear if you don’t want to hear, hyung? Everything Howon-hyung tells, you will throw it outside. It’s Howon’s hyung life and he has right to decide everything in his life, it’s not us who will through it. Sungyeol-hyung gives Howon-hyung cold soldier, Jaejoong-hyung and Sunggyu-hyung have known before the others. Soeun is right, actually, what is it all about? All of you support me and Soeun, why you can do the same to Howon-hyung?” He says and heading to the door.

            “It’s different Myungsoo. You and Soeun are different” Woohyun sighs.

“What is different Hyung? I’m also in arrange marriage if you forget” He deadpans.

 “Don’t you think it’s all about business, I can’t stand how the arrangement all for business purpose. It seems like all of this is for Hyundai-Lotte project. Sacrificing Howon for business or it’s the only way to get the deal”

It’s the only way to get the deal. What they take Howon as? This man is too much. She is just about to bark in when the door opens.

 “Do you want to come in Miss Choi?” A man smiles to her.

“How could?” She blinks in surprise, but he just smiles and steps aside to let her in.

“It’s better now that we have Choi Sehuna here.

---

            Myungsoo closes the door behind him. He gives her glances before takes sit back. Myungsoo has known she stands outside because his chair position is on the line to the door. Howon stands from his seat and approaches her.

            “What are you doing here?” Howon asks her.

“Our engagement has nothing to do with the deal Howon signs with Hyundai. Don’t you think you’re too cruel to accuse him that way?” She dismisses Howon’s question and glares to Woohyun, he is the only one who stands aside of Myungsoo that means he is the one who accuses Howon.

            “Sehuna, that’s not true” Howon says.

            “I heard that with my own ears. He must know you better”

            “Sehuna you don’t hear anything. Even if everyone thinks I get the deal because of you, it’s understandable. They ….” Sehuna cuts him off.

            “Listen to me. I heard enough. And don’t ever think that low of yourself. You’re better than that” She turns her head to the others in the room, glaring dagger.

            “I’m sorry for eavesdropping, but I won’t be sorry for what I say. I have no idea what’s all your problems, but I make one point. He gets the deal because the project Lotte offered to Hyundai is good one. Not to forget he is capable to convince the broad directors that the project worthy to try and becomes alliance do good for the two department stores. And don’t you think if Choi Seungwon is willingly gives his daughter to him, he is 100% believes that this man you accused to take advantages of our engagement is one of the best on his book” They are stunned by her statement. Jaejoong reacts first after collects all his thought.

            “Choi Sehuna….” Jaejoong stands from his seat and walks to them. Sehuna raises her eyebrow and takes step back when Jaejoong becomes closer, not because of afraid, but makes more distance with him. Jaejoong feels need to explain their selves to her because from what he gets, she really doesn’t like them.

            “Could we talk first and explain our selves, Miss Choi?” Howon turns his head to her, she doesn’t spare glance on him and has all her attention on Jaejoong.

            “Why should I? You don’t give my fiancé chance to explain his self” She says in bored tone. Howon shakes his head, Sehuna can be so blunt and rude sometime, especially to person she doesn’t like. No sugar coating at all. Sunggyu is eyeing this girl curiously and he wants to see what happens next. Howon holds her hand and she turns her head, he frowns to her. She pouts slightly, but sighs afterward and nods her head. Myungsoo smirks little.

             “I’m sorry for my rudeness. Sure, you can talk and explain this to me” She says all sweet and smiles. She takes farthest chair she can get and make Howon sits beside her. They get it, this girl has written their name on her enemy lists. Sungyeol faces palm, Dongwoo doesn’t stop to check her out. She is hot and the way she burst is damn y, but to think again. She is Howon’s fiancée, that makes they need to exempt her from their book. Sunggyu and Woohyun just smile in amusement and Myungsoo gives polite smile to her. Myungsoo calls her secretary and tells her to bring more tea to the room.

            “We don’t have chance to introduce ourselves properly before. I’m Kim Jaejoong, this is my brother Kim Myungsoo. It’s Nam Woohyun and Kim Sunggyu on his left side. The one beside you is Lee Sungyeol and Jang Dongwoo on his right” They nod their hate to her.

            “Anyeong haseyo. Choi Sehuna imnida” She introduces back and bows slightly on her seat.

            “Nice to meet you, Myungsoo-shi” She adds and smiles to Myungsoo. Sunggyu wants to laugh, this girl really don’t like the others. He bets Dongwoo is hoping that she heard when he defend Howon before, seems she just heard Myungsoo that defend him.

“What?” She asks Howon in annoyance.

“Nice to meet you all” And Sunggyu swears he hears she mutters satisfied under her breath that he assumes to Howon.

 “I’m sorry. We set our first meet on wrong foot” Jaejoong says smoothly. She nods her head.

  “Honestly, we don’t go far from the last conversation that might you heard”

“Yes, one of the problems is misunderstanding about Hyundai-Lotte’s project. Lotte has tried to convince Hyundai for the join project in long time. We almost closed the idea for the project then Howon convinced us to give the project to him. Howon is the nth person we pointed as our representative. He made many changed on the project and the time we offered the new project to Lotte was the same time when your engagement brought up” Sunggyu wants to laughn, it’s not about because what Jaejoong says, not at all, but he can stop himself to not take this situation turns out funny. He can’t say that Sehuna finds Dongwoo creepy, she looks to Dongwoo slightly and she flinches little. Woohyun smiles in amusement, he likes this girl.

            “Let me take the rest, hyung” Howon offers, Jaejoong nods to him.

            “As you know, between the negotiations I tried to finalize, we hold our engagement. Not long after I signed the project with Hyundai which represented by Siwon-hyung”

            “Three weeks ago you signed the agreement” She adds and Howon smiles to her.

            “And they accused you take advantages of our engagement to get the deal. What kinds of friends they are?” She scoffs and her gaze challenges them to tell the otherwise. She crosses her arms. This time Sunggyu can helps and covers his mouth with his hand. He finds it hilarious, he swears he doesn’t want to take part of the conversation, doesn’t want make it worst, but now he finds the tension is calmer. Woohyun clears his throat. Howon gives them apologetic smile.

            “Miss Choi, Let me make it straight. I don’t accuse Howon to take advantages of the engagement. It’s just I don’t like how he keeps it secret of us and to begin with, yes I can’t take it calm under the circumstance. If you know what I mean” Woohyun says hesitantly.

            “Outside of work Howon is our brother, we won’t have ill thought about him. I will still believe if he says he kills someone out there to save the universe” They laugh to Myungsoo’s lame joke.

            “I’m sorry. I don’t want Howon sacrifices his personal life for the profit of the company. He means more than the project or every penny Lotte can collect, and that include his happiness” Woohyun says seriously. Myungsoo turns his head to Woohyun, seems they have same in that mind. Woohyun shrugs to him who shakes his head in amusement. Sehuna is silence and doesn’t let out any comment. They wait anxiously for her. She unfolds her arms and smiles little to them.

  “Is that so?” This time they are taken back by how soft her voice could be. She looks to Howon’s eyes as if waits for his permission. From the gesture they show, everyone won’t believe that the two just know each other for months. Howon nods his head little to her.

“Myungsoo-shi, you are married. Don’t you think it’s cruel to question your marriage?” Woohyun and Sungyeol look down in shame. Deepest they know part of them accused Howon to take advantages, questioning both party and doubting his fiancée to just go along without any effort to prevent the parents. Arrange marriages brought many sad stories, but not all brought the same ending scenario. In this world many marriage without love and that also means many love without marriage.

“Don’t care the circumstance it’s my choice to marriage. Bad or worst I believe two parties can make the best for both if they care enough to make it works” Myungsoo says calmly. She glances to them one by one before start, she takes deep breath.

            “From the start the two of us have decided to accept the arrangement our parents put on us. We put effort to make it works, we take our time as much as we need, we don’t want to rush our relationship. Although many will think it is rush because of the fact we never met before and put in relationship without our consent at first place. We learn to accept each other in our life, it’s not easy one, from a stranger to be friend and then engaged. We never thought to keep this as secret, but to announce it openly isn’t our choice either. I can’t say we start our relationship like normal couple, but I think all of you realize that in something Howon ever called as arranged marriage and business it’s common to establish business with marriage between two families who involve in. Even though I never meet you before this event, he has talked me almost everything about you all and to think that his friends he loves dearly accused him that way I can’t just sit calmly and let him to solve it alone. I know arrange marriage never becomes first choice, but for me who was born from arrange marriage I can say God showers your marriage by love” She says smiling. The Choi is known for their religiousness and she makes them believing it more. She waits for a while and decides it’s time for her to take leave. She doesn’t need their answer, all she needs to say had been said. She stands from her chair and bows deeply to them.

“I’m really sorry for my action and my rudeness. I hope it clears all the misunderstanding”

 “Excuse me, I need to go back to the hospital” She squeezes Howon’s shoulder and exits the room.

“Hei, what are you doing here? You let her go alone? What kind of fiancé you are?” Sungyeol opens his mouth after doesn’t let out single word since the start. Howon thanks him and dashes out the room.

-----

            Myungsoo takes his cellphone and dials Soeun’s number. He knows she must fidgeting there.

            “Hello”

            “Hello, Oppa. How is the….” Myungsoo can detect nervousness on her voice.

            “Prepare yourself to greet your soon to be sister in law” There is silence before he hears Soeun chuckles.

            “I will love too”

            “Thank you” He whispers, but enough for her to hear.

            “You’re welcome my husband”