Chapter 6: Chunji's Side Of The Story

We Got "Engaged"

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA_nijGURAI

SS501 - Find

 

*Flashback*

 

Mr. Lee had been looking distantly at his son from time to time at the dinner table.

Chunji noticed this and he settled his chopsticks down, emptily looking at his plate. “What is it, Dad? I see you looking at me.”

Mr. Lee wiped his mouth with a napkin before he spoke. “I’ve been meaning to save this conversation for later, but I guess I’ll just say it now anyways.”

Chanhee looked at his father.

“I’ve decided to have you marry the daughter of our neighboring company.”

Chunji froze for a second. He blinked and stared at his father for a moment, hoping that in some utterly disbelievable way the older man would be joking.

“Are you serious?” he asked in disbelief.

“Yes. With the between you two, our company will grow larger and more successful than ever. I’d say this is the best plan I’ve come up with.”

Chunji didn’t say anything. He only looked back at his plate, but his eyes wandered around endlessly.

“I know what you’re thinking, but it’s like you said. Anything that brings up the corporation will do.”

“Yes, but I never thought of marriage…” Chanhee murmured.

His father glanced sternly at him. “I thought you said you wanted to take over the business once I retire."

“…Yes.”

“Then why are you hesitating? This should be good for you. Besides, Mr. Jin has a very pretty daughter. I’m sure you will like her.”

Chanhee snorted. It doesn’t matter if she’s pretty. To get married to a stranger…but I guess it’s for the sake of the business.

Chunji decided to make up his mind, but he knows he won’t appreciate his decision.

“You’re right, father.

I will marry Mr. Jin’s daughter.”
 

*Flashback ended*
 

 

 

Sorry, there was a lot of flashbacks! I could’ve just started the story from when they were told to get married but the setting or plot didn’t seem interesting enough to be at the beginning lol…maybe its just me… But I promise you there won’t be any more flashbacks of the arranged marriage issue :3