Chapter 32: Homemade Lunch

We Got "Engaged"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmrtdM-Y9SU
Yoseob & Gayoon - What I Want To Do If I Have A Lover



The thing presented right in front of Chunji's face still surprised him in a way that he couldn't even move.
The strong scent, the shape of it's exterior, the familiar colors crowding around each other.
He blinked and continued to stare at the object as if it was something he had never seen before.

You tilted your head to the side in confusion, holding the warm object in the palm of your hands.
"Do you not like it?"

Chunji snapped from his daze and looked up at you. "N-no, I do. It's just that..." he trailed off his sentence.

"Wae? What's wrong?" you asked.

Finally, Chunji slowly raised his arms up and received the item from you.
He held it carefully with his hands, feeling the warmth of the container flow through his body.

"...I haven't seen or have a homemade lunch in such a long time," he murmured, his eyes scanning through the substance in the plastic container.

You lightly smiled. "Really? When was the last time?"

"When my mom was still here," he answered. 

You softened. "Well, I'm glad that I made this for you then."

He smiled and gazed down at the full container.
The smell of fresh cooked food brought him back memories. It made him feel pleasant and peaceful.

He paused for a moment to think and recalled a previous memory. He then glanced at you in amusement. "So you still remembered what CAP had said, huh?" (Referring to CAP's sarcastic comment that you should make a homemade lunch for Chunji)

You blushed and slowly nodded. "Yes, I thought it was a good idea, actually."

Chunji relaxed and gazed at you admiringly.

"Thank you," he genuinely said.

"You're welcome," you smiled. 

The breezy morning atmosphere suddenly felt warm and cozy around you and Chunji.
Instantly, it felt like the two of you were really a young married couple.


~~~~~


At school, Chunji finally took the chance to walk you to class. You felt happy when he did that, and not even the constant glares the students gave you could lower your spirit.
In the classroom, you gently traced the mark on your cheek that was quickly starting to fade away. You smiled when you thought back to yesterday night where Chunji spent his time trying to heal the cut as fast as possible. He mentioned that a scar on a decent looking girl's face is never acceptable (When obviously he meant good looking).
It kind of surprised you to see how really caring Chunji was. The kind side of him was extremely showing nowadays, and it made him seem even more angelic.

~~~~~

At lunch, all three surprised faces stared up at Chunji and his homemade lunch as he unraveled the decorative cloth that was tying the container up.

"Let me guess, _____ made you lunch?" L.Joe pleasingly raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, in fact I did," you answered him proudly.

"Wow, you actually took my advice, even though I was mostly teasing," CAP grinned at you.

"Lucky hyung! I want some of _____'s cookings," Niel pouted.

"Awww, so cute. A young woman making lunch for her soon-to-be hubby~" L.Joe sang.

You and Chunji both blushed in embarassment. "Mind your own business," Chunji stubbornly retorted.

As Chunji ate the lunch you had prepared for him, you fiddled with your fingers nervously.
"So, how is it?" you asked.

He glanced at you then looked back down to the food. 
"It's tasty."

You curved a smile onto your lips in relief. "That's really good to hear."

Meanwhile, sometimes the group would stare at his meal in envious, even though the cafeteria was full of fresh and gourmet foods.
Seeing his friends reactions actually made Chunji feel special. He couldn't help but secretly smile to himself as he chewed on your cooking.


~~~~~

Kind of a short chapter, mainly "fluffy" stuff~
I guess you can call it a 'bonus' chapter? :3