Chapter 21: Some People Just Don't Give Up

We Got "Engaged"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5OpMjYxnOc
2PM - Angel

 

The next day at school, you were walking down the hallways to your locker, scanning through your notes from class.
Someone bumped you in the shoulder hard and it made your papers fly out of your hands.
"Ah!" You yelped, bending down to scoop up the papers from the floor. You then glanced up at the person who didn't apologize for bumping into you.

It turned out to be the queenka Taeyeon with a satisfied smirk on her face. Her group of friends stood behind her, smirking at you as well.
"Watch it, you little brat," Taeyeon spat.
You sighed quietly and stood up, continuing to walk towards your locker.

"Whoaa, hold up." Taeyeon grabbed your uniform and pulled you backwards.
"Aren't you going to say sorry to me?" She demanded.

You looked her in the eyes. "Why should I when you were the one who bumped into me?"

"Ooooh," one of her friends murmured.
"Shut up, Tiffany." Taeyeon snapped. The girl instantly closed .
Taeyeon turned back to you. "You were the one who were looking down and not even paying attention to your surroundings."

"Yeah, but you should've noticed me and walked the other way since you were looking up, right?" You stared blankly at her.

Taeyeon gave you a menacing glare. "That's the thing. I didn't notice you because you're invisible to me."

"You must be blind then." You bluntly retorted.

A couple of the girls in the group snickered. Taeyeon grew even more irritated and raised her hand up, making you instantly shut your eyes. "You little--"

Just when she was about to slap you, another hand grabbed hers and twisted her body away from you. You slowly opened your eyes when nothing impacted your face.
Taeyeon looked up in surprise to see a pissed off Chunji. 

"Oppa! Nice to see you!" Taeyeon smiled largely at him, oblivious to his dagger eyes.
Chunji didn't smile at her. "What were you doing?" He sternly asked.

"Oh! I was just talking to your lovely girlfriend." She batted her eyelashes. You looked at her oddly.

"You were about to hit her," He growled.

"N-no I wasn't!" She stammered. "I was stretching!"

Chunji rolled his eyes. "What a lame excuse." He flung her arm away from his grip, causing her to stagger back a bit.
"Kim Taeyeon, if you ever attempt to hurt or threaten my fiance again, I won't hold back on you." 

Taeyeon looked at him in shock. "Oppa?!"

Your heart softened when you realized he was protecting you. "Chunji..."

He gave you a quick glance before shifting back to Taeyeon. "Get to class," he commanded her.
Taeyeon dejectedly looked at him. "Just so you know, Chanhee oppa, I'm one of those people who will never give up. I'm never giving up on you."

She gave you an icy, hateful look before she walked away with her group. You ignored it.

You glanced at Chunji, who was rubbing the back of his neck in annoyance. 
"Thank you..." You mumbled to him. 
He looked at you for a brief second before he shifted his eyes in another direction and started walking away.

You pursed your lips, disliking the fact that he's still ignoring you.
You quickly went up to him and grabbed his arm. 
"Chunji! Can you stop this?" You gazed up at him pleadingly.

"Stop what?" He didn't dare turn around to face you.
"Stop trying to ignore me!" You bluntly said. "I mean before you were willing to talk to me and make eye contact with me, but now it's as if you want me to disappear!"

Luckily, everyone was too busy to go to class to bother listening to your conversation. But even if they did, you didn't care at the moment.

Your eyes were starting to water. "Before, I admit that I didn't want anything to do with you, but now I've really grown to acknowledge you and care for you, Chunji." You confessed. "And even when we decide to go our own separate ways if this marriage won't be able to last very long, it doesn't matter. All it matters is right now. You just have to learn to open up to me and I'll do the same." 

Chunji hesitantly turned to look at you. Everything you said to him seemed to make sense. He wanted to believe in you. He badly wanted to confide in you and open up his feelings towards you, but something was holding him back.

Chunji glanced at you. The way your eyes gazed into his in such grief that it pained him. But he decided not to do anything about it.
I'm just a selfish coward... I'm not worthy enough to give her happiness.

"Let go," Chunji muttered. 

"No."

"I said, let go. You're going to make both of us late to class." He gritted through his teeth.

"I don't care," you firmly said.

"I care!" Chunji yelled, forcefully whipping his arm away from your grip.

"Chunji, please," You begged him. "At least take my words into consideration."

He bitterly glanced at you.
"I'm going to class."

He walked away and left you stricken with grief, sighing as you slowly, yet hopelessly, walked towards your own class.

~~~~~


Sorry, I wasn't able to update yesterday...I was really tired, especially with tons of work I had to do. *sob*

Bitter, bitter Chunji (u_u) *shaking my head*

But don't worry, readers! He won't be so bitter in the next chapter! I won't spoil too much. But hopefully, it'll be very interesting...heheh

Subscribe & Comment ^_^? It would be much, much appreciated <3