Chapter 19: Monthly Banquet

We Got "Engaged"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWBMMYoz4Aw
4Men - Lovesickness
 



It was finally the day of the monthly banquet you had helped set up. The evening party was held at a gigantic ballroom hall that Chunji's company had reserved.
There were many invitations that sent out to numerous high class people, along with wealthy company owners to come. This special evening party was made in order to celebrate you and Chanhee's engagement.

Even though your dad wasn't able to come, you were quite relieved because you still had a grudge against him for forcing you to an arranged marriage, even though right now you honestly felt alright with it..

As you diligently checked off your list of things for the big feast, the doors were opening for the people to arrive.
You quickly finished the list and went over to greet the guests.

"Good evening, Miss Jin," an elder bowed and shook your hand. He then looked around. "Where is your lover?"
You were easily distracted by the word.
Lover. It sounds nice...

"He will be arriving soon," you answered after a moment. But at the back of your head, you had a feeling that he was going to ditch the banquet.

You welcomed more guests and an hour had already passed by. You sat by yourself at the table specially for you and Chunji, sighing as you looked over the crowd of people. Chunji was nowhere to be seen.

Your eyes then went over to the doors and quickly widened. For there was the press, walking around anxiously  with their cameras and questions ready. 
They were looking for certain people. 
You and Chunji.

This isn't good!
You panicked. He's not even here. What will they think if they see me by myself?

You tried your best to smile and hide your timid shaking as they spotted you and strided over.
As soon as they were close enough, they attacked you with their flash of cameras and what seemed to be millions of questions, shoving their microphones near your face.
You blinked several times from the white, flashing lights and your head was spinning. This was your first time ever encountering such a large mob of the media. You almost couldn't even hear the reporters closest to you asking you the questions that you dreaded to come.

"Miss Jin, where is your fiance?"

"Why are you by yourself at your own engagement party?"

"Did he not show up due to specific reasons?"

You shielded your eyes from the constant flicker of lights and tried your best to answer their questions.
"I..I don't--"

"Her fiance is right here," a voice called out from behind you. The reporters gasped in surprise as they looked at the arriving figure walking towards them. Even you were surprised and instantly turned around. Your heart relaxed.
Chunji...

He calmly strolled over and sat next to you. He gave you a small smirk then turned to look at the anticipated mob.
And without even hesitating, he breezed over the questions like it was no big deal. His face expression always stayed composed.
You kept staring at him in awe, for he easily knew how to handle the press unlike you. You leaned close to his ear, whispering. "Thank you...I almost thought you weren't going to come."

He then leaned over to your ear and whispered back. "No need to thank me...I only came because I knew the press was going to be here."

Your heart deflated. Right...

Just then, a couple of the reporters and photographers threw you both back with their unexpected demands.

"Will you two kiss for us?"

You stuttered nervously. "K-k-kiss...??" 
Even Chunji showed a sign of uneasiness. "Umm.."

"What's wrong? You two are a couple, right? There's nothing wrong with taking a picture of you guys kissing," one of the photographers said. The others nodded their head in agreement.

Your face turned pink at the thought. 
Chunji's ears grew warm. Damnit...and just when I thought I could get away from her.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" The media chanted in amusement.

Chunji blinked and he hesitantly turned towards you. You looked at him worriedly. Will he actually do it?
He then lifted up your chin and proceeded to inch his face closer towards you. You slowly inched forward too.
Bu-bump. Bu-bump. Both of your hearts beated faster and faster as the both of you closed in the distance.

Chunji tilted his head to the side and looked down at the bright, pink brims of your mouth. His heart pounded strongly against his chest and he prayed that you wouldn't be able to hear it. 
You slowly closed your eyes and he did the same, patiently advancing until the distance was finally closing up.
Then, you both finally greeted the touch of the other's warm and soft lips.

Your mind was exploding into fireworks as you lingered onto his enthralling touch, captivating every second of the moment in enjoyment.
Your heart felt like leaping out of joy.

Chunji felt his heart squeeze in happiness and he felt an adrenaline rush coming through. He completely felt impassioned into the kiss and he honestly didn't want to stop.

But after what seemed like forever, you both pulled back breathlessly, gazing into each other's eyes desirably.

After a quick moment of silence, the press whooped in excitement.
"Wow! It really looked like you guys were in love there! Look at the way you guys were kissing! That was great!"
"It really looked like it was your first kiss! Great job, you two!"

After the press felt content with their gathered information and pictures, they finally walked away in satisfaction.
But you and Chunji were both still deeply mesmerized into each other's eyes, never leaving sight of one another.

Chunji's eyes flickered down to your lips and he instantly yearned for that touch again.
You spotted his eyes glancing down and a bundle of hope sparkled in you, hoping he would kiss you for the second time.

Before you both could think of advancing, a person came hollering at the two of you.
"Hey, you two love birds!" 
You and Chunji quickly snapped out of your daze and automatically turned to look at the person.
"I saw that kiss, that was amazing!" It turned out to be one of Chunji's friends, CAP, along with the others of the group. 
They came bustling after CAP but you saw two unknown younger faces peering at the both of you.
"Hey, hey! Nice smooching!" they all teased,

The both of you blushed heavily and wiped your lips on the back of your hands.
Chunji's face was still pink but he glared at his friends. "Yah, what are you all doing here?"
They snorted in disbelief. "Hey, don't forget that we're part of a wealthy family too! Almost everyone got invited."

Then, the two younger males from the group came up to you and introduced themselves.
"Hi, I'm Ricky! One of Chunji's friends," the cute faced boy smiled at you. "Unfortunately, I'm still in middle school so I never got to see you sooner." He pouted.
You smiled at him. "Hello, Ricky. Nice to meet you. I'm Jin _____."
"Yeah, don't worry, we already know your name!" the other boy said amusingly. "Hi, I'm Changjo, the maknae in this group. But even I'm taller than certain people." He smirked at L.Joe.
L.Joe shot his dagger eyes at Changjo. "Yah! Don't insult your hyung like that!"
Niel and CAP chuckled at L.Joe turning red.
You lightly laughed and proceeded to greet him. "Hello, Changjo. Nice to meet you."

Meanwhile, Chunji was rolling his eyes and crossing his arms at the scene. "Well while you guys are getting all friendly with each other, I'm leaving."
He stood up from his chair.
Your face fell in disappointment. "Wh-what? But you just got here."
"Yeah, hyung! You can't just leave your own fiance here by herself!" Niel frowned.
"All of you can keep her company. I'm going home," Chunji coldly walked off.
Your heart felt like withering. Just a while ago, we were actually feeling connected but now he's acting like it's now nothing?
You couldn't understand what he was thinking.
The group sighed and shook their heads.
"It's alright, _____-ah. Eventually he'll change his attitude towards you," Niel assured.
You pressed your lips together. I really hope so...

~~~~~


As Chunji headed for the exit, he made his way down the steps then abruptly stopped. Tons of cars were parked in front but there seemed to be no one around. He kicked some pebbles in frustration.
Damn, I think the feelings just got stronger because of that...
He recalled the kiss and brushed his lips against his fingers.
He sighed then sat down on the concrete steps, scrunching his hair in distress.
Without thinking, he yelled out to himself.
"Aish! Why does it have to be so complicated! This is just supposed to be some arranged marriage!"



"...What?"

A voice called out from behind him.

Chunji widened his eyes and turned around. Crap. Why did I say that out loud.

The figure looked at Chunji in utter disbelief. "Did you just say what I think you just said...?"




Remember to comment & subscribe! ^0^
It would be very, very much appreciated!
<3