Chapter 33: Dream

We Got "Engaged"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr0ePNvCUHM
Noel - I Miss You (Piano Version)

Note: This is only about your father, by the way. But you'll see why I wanted to write this :3


Mr. Jin was at his usual office room in his mansion, busy typing away at his computer as the creases between his eyebrows grew at every hour.
He took a break for a while, stretching out his arms and yawning heavily during the night. The man closed his eyes for a minute, then slowly opened when his mind flashed across a mere image of you.

Again, he felt the lonely silence of the manor except for when the maids are shuffling around. Home was never the same for Mr. Jin ever since you left to move in with your new fiance. 
He sighed and tapped his fingers against the desk, wondering to himself to how you were doing. Of course he still felt immensely guilty for forcing you into a marriage that you didn't agree to, yet his strive for business overpowered the shameful emotion of his.

After he restlessly rechecked his work and organized his files, your father decided to go to sleep.
He slipped under the covers and closed his weary eyes, drifting off to a deep slumber that enabled him to forget another day of hard work.

When he opened his eyes, the view around him unfolded into a beautiful scenery.
The sun was brightly shining and a slight gentle breeze ruffled through green leaves that left their places in the trees.
The skies were painted with a glowing blue and there was a picnic blanket spreaded out beneath him that also occupied fresh, cooked food.
It seemed like a joyful day to be outside along with your loved ones, and that was what Mr. Jin was apparently doing.
His eyes shifted to the two figures in the distance giggling and running around. One was a slender woman that was holding a little girl's hand. The wind fluttered through their long, beautiful hair as the man heard their delicate laughter.

He continued to gaze at the happy figures until they looked up and glanced towards your father, putting on a warm smile as if they were familiar with him.
He broadened his eyes when he realized that they weren't strangers, but his own family.
They came running towards him in a joyful manner and planted themselves onto the picnic blanket, helping themselves with servings of food while talking to the dazed man.

"Honey, you should eat too!"

"Daddy! Play with us after eating, okay?"

Mr. Jin automatically brought a smile to his face as he looked at the two most precious people in the world to him.
The petite, pretty woman held a cherry up to his face and looked up with sparkling, gentle eyes.
"Here, eat a fruit, my dear."

Your father gazed at her affectionately, blind to the fruit she was holding up but paying close attention to only her. His heart melted at the sight of her, something that he hadn't felt in such a long time.
"Yeobo, you're here with me..."

The woman gave him an amusing look and smiled. "Of course! Why wouldn't I be?"

He chuckled and then felt a poke at his side. He turned to his head only to find a pair of big, brown eyes staring up at him.

"Appa," The girl said. She then held up a bundle of bread crumbs with both of her palms.
"Let's go feed the birds." The child gave a sweet, twinkling smile that softened the man's heart.

"Araso, _____, my lovely little daughter." He delicately smiled, then hoisted the young you up while holding onto his wife's hand with his other free hand.
"My family," He said proudly, looking at the two angelic faces peering at him in innocence.
At that moment, he felt like he was entirely complete with them by his side. All his stress and overleft feelings of pain washed away and was immediately replaced with happiness and bliss.

But to his dismay, the scene abruptly shifted and soon his hands were occupied with thin air.
"No..!" He tried to grab his fading family back, but it was too late.
He was suddenly transported to a busy street crowded with mass amounts of people.

He panicked and looked around in fear that he actually lost you and your mother.
Mr. Jin finally spotted you two standing at a far distant from him.
When they looked up, all he could see were their disappointing faces.
Pain and hurt was only written across their expressions. 

He quickily tried to run past the people with much difficulty to get to his family, but it seemed as if a neverending wave was pushing him back.
"Get out of the way! Let me get to my wife and daughter!" He yelled in frustration. 
The woman and the little girl only stared at him in sorrow as a response.

Mr. Jin frowned for a moment. Why do they look so sad?
Before he could think any further, the mother and child started turning around and walking away.
He broadened his eyes and tried to struggle through the mob of citizens.

"No! Don't go, my wife! My daughter!" He cried out desperately.

But it seemed as if they never heard his pleas. The two figures kept on getting further and further away.
He kept on trying to push his way through to no avail. The emotionless crowd shoved past him as if they weren't able to hear or see him.
Tears were streaming down your father's face as he looked at the backs of the two precious people that he love walking away from him.

"Stop...don't leave me...!"
The man reached out weakly, only to find that his family was already gone.
Your father couldn't help but let out a sob of agony. His heart crumpled with pain when he realized that he let his own wife and child slip through his life in a matter of seconds. He could not do anything about it.
"No...please don't leave me...
                                                          No..."


"No!" Mr. Jin shot up from his bed, his forehead beaded with sweat. He held his breath and frantically looked around, only to his relief that he was back at home.
"So it was just a dream," he sighed. Then he felt something moist against his face and wiped the back of his hand across it, only to see that it was his tears.
He recalled back to the dream and instantly felt like sprouting tears again.
It was already bad enough that his spouse left him, but now he allowed his only child and daughter to be distant from him...
Your father covered his face with his hands in immense grief. 

"What have I done?"