Chapter 3: Dinner

We Got "Engaged"

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avAj_6cxCr8

2Nise - Because of you

 

 

 

That night, you were dressed in one of the most finest and expensive dresses. You had to admit it was beautiful, but the dress felt uncomfortable and tight. The maids had to help you slip into the formal attire.

You walked in little steps down the stairs, afraid that the close-fitting dress could rip any minute. Chunji was waiting downstairs, looking at his Rolex watch. “Hurry up, will you? You’re going to get us late for the dinner reservations.”

“I’m trying, I’m trying!” you squirmed down the steps and finally reached to the bottom. “Geez, why did you have to pick this dress? It’s so tight…”

He looked you up and down. “Well maybe you should lose some weight.”

You were this close to smacking him in the face. Before you could say anything, he turned and walked towards the door.

“Come on; let’s go before it gets too late.”

You grumbled and walked behind him. He turned around and pulled you to the side of him.

“What are you doing?” you brushed his hand off.

“We need to practice to look like an engaged couple. Nobody can find out that we’re in a fixed marriage. Or else—“

“Yeah, I get it. Or else the media will bash on our companies and us,” you finished his sentence.

“Exactly. So stop being a prune and follow whatever I say.”

You sighed heavily. “Fine, but it doesn’t mean I’m going to be your puppet,” you walked alongside him.
 

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦


You both arrived at the luxurious restaurant and sat down at a table that was reserved for you two. All the other tables were occupied with other high class members, who were busily gossiping about you and Chunji as soon as you guys came in.

“Omo! It’s the heir and heiress to one of the largest companies! I saw their pictures thanks to my Dad's connections!" you heard one said.

“Really?! Wow, this Chunji guy is so hot!”

“They’re such a cute couple!”

“They’re so young to get engaged, though!”

You were nearly sick of all the remarks as you quietly sat down across from Chunji. You looked at several of the young pretty girls, whose bodies were very slim and stick-like. It made you sort of self conscious since you weren’t that skinny. Who made you thought of it? That blasted Chunji.

“Maybe I do need to lose weight,” you said half jokingly, looking down at your plate. 

He looked at you in disbelief. “You know I was kidding, right?”

You looked up at him sharply. “How could I, when your face always looks so serious and mean?”

He sighed and tucked his napkin onto his lap. “Well, I was. You’re fine, stop worrying.”

“How can I be fine when I can’t even fit into this dress…” you muttered. He looked at your worried face and cleared his throat.

“Sorry, I didn’t ask for your size…I got you the smallest size I could because I was still mad at you for calling my arms little and skinny.” He blurted out.

Now it was your turn to look at him in disbelief. “I was joking.”

 “Oh," dumbfounded, that was all he could say.

“Well, actually not really…they really are skinny,” you smirked. He frowned at you. “Aish…!”

“But it's not really a bad thing, I assure you.”

He secretly felt a little better. He pretended to glance around before he spoke up.

“If it makes you feel any better, I think normal slim girls look better than stick slim girls. You’re not chubby or anything, you’re skinny. Alright?” Chunji crossed his arms stubbornly and frowned to not make it look like he was softening up.

Your heart started feeling a little warm at his remark. “Thanks, I guess.”

All throughout the dinner, you guys haven’t spoken a word besides the ‘skinny’ issue. A couple of the people around you two started murmuring again.

“I feel like there’s no love around them,” one said.

“Yeah, they’re not even talking. Their relationship seems so empty!”

You overheard their conversation and looked up to see if Chunji heard it too. Apparently from the worried look he was giving, he did.
You were blankly chewing down your pasta when tomato sauce suddenly got onto your lap.

“Ah,” you squeaked. Chunji realized what happened and shook his head. “Why are you so clumsy?”

He got out his napkin and walked over to your side, slightly bending down to wipe it off. Several of the young girls squealed at the scene. You couldn’t help but blush since he was so close to you, and the fact that he was wiping sauce off your lap.

“Thanks…I can do it myself,” you were surprised but touched that he actually got up to help you.

“Don’t thank me; I’m just doing this so it would look like we’re more of a couple. You heard those two.”

Your face grew into disappointment. “Right.”

And to think he was starting to be a nice guy!

As he continued to wipe the stain off, you were able to look closely at his features. His soft chestnut brown hair fit him perfectly, along with his diamond piercings. His eyebrows were perfectly arched and his eyes were actually gentle and warm. If his face didn’t look so serious, he would’ve looked like a cheery person. His nose slopes down smoothly to his natural rosy lips. Basically, almost everything about him seemed perfect.

You caught yourself having the thought that if Chunji hadn’t been such a harsh, insensitive and impolite person to you most of the time, you would’ve already fallen in love with him from the first hint of kindness he showed…