Chapter 23: It Was Worth It

We Got "Engaged"

(Just to let you all know, I try to choose the best song to fit the mood of the scene xD in case you didn't know yet lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5xSx8zVi-s

K. Will feat. Dynamic Duo - 1 Droplet in a Second

 




Chunji's eyes slowly fluttered open, only to see a white ceiling above him. He frowned and blinked his eyes, attempting to push himself up from his bed he realized he was in.
A hand gently stopped him from sitting up. He looked up to see you sitting beside him with a small towel in your hand.
"Lay back down, Chunji. You need some more rest." You softly spoke.

He quietly obeyed you and laid his head against the pillow.
You reached over and patted his forehead with the warm, moist cloth.
Your face was filled with concentration as you continued to wipe his face and brush his hair away from his eyes.
Chunji looked at you admiringly.

"How long was I asleep?" He asked after a long period of silence.

"For the whole night. Now it's afternoon." 

Chunji slowly nodded, then looked down at the new, dry clothes he was apparently wearing.

"Who changed me?" 

"...I did." You replied shyly.

Chunji started to blush. "W-what? Does that mean...you saw everything...?"

Now it was your turn to blush. "N-no. I looked away, I swear."

He lifted up the covers up to his face. "I still feel pretty violated..."

You gave him an amused look. "Chunji, I had to. You can't expect me to let you lie in bed with cold, wet clothes." 

"Well, why didn't you just let the maids change me?" He refused to make eye contact with you, still filled with embarassment.

"...I just figured I'd do it since I'm becoming your wife...?" You said sheepishly.
But at the back of your mind, you had another reason that you didn't want to admit.
Honestly, I didn't want the maids to do it because I didn't like the thought of them touching you...


You felt his forehead with the back of your hand and gave an approving look. You sighed in relief.
"Thank goodness your fever is starting to go away."

Chunji gazed at you and noticed the slightly dark bags under your eyes. His face fell with concern.

"Did you..happen to stay up all night taking care of me?"

You delicately smiled. "Yes. I had to make sure you would get better quickly."

Chunji felt his heart turn soft and warm. She really does care for me...

You dipped the towel in a bowl of lukewarm water, squeezing the excess water out of the cloth and placing it against Chunji's forehead once more.

"Pabo," you murmured. "Why didn't you at least have brought an umbrella with you...?" 

Chunji glanced down at his blanket absentmindedly as he felt your every touch against his forehead and cheeks.

"I was too worried that something might've happened to you that I didn't think of anything else." He admitted.

You faintly smiled, feeling a pleasant vibe spreading all over your body from his confession.

Chunji then looked up to see your eyes starting to water. You had stopped patting his face with the cloth.

"Hm? Why are you crying?" He asked in surprise, slightly sitting up.

You slowly shook your head. Tears were threatening to slip out.

"It's just that...I'm sorry...for making you worry so much about me. I'm such an idiot. It's because of me that you caught such a terrible fever..."

You frowned and finally, drops were visible on your cheeks.

Chunji's heart relaxed. His hand reached out and caressed your cheek, surprising you with his sudden rare action.

"Pabo. It's not your fault," He wiped away your tears. 
 "To know that you were safe...It was worth it."
He gently spoke out as he smiled at you warmheartedly.

You felt like melting at his every word, placing your hand against his.

"So does this mean you'll stop trying to avoid me now?" You lightly smiled in hope.

Chunji chuckled. "We'll see."

You slightly pouted but grinned at his consideration.

You then started to get up from the chair. "I'll go get you some water."
But before you could take a step, Chunji swiftly grabbed onto your hand.
You turned around and looked at him in wonder.

"No, don't leave," he begged. "Please."

Your expression turned softer as you came back and clasped both of your hands between his.
"Is there anything you want?" You gently asked.

"Just stay by my side. That's all I need." He shifted closer to you and laid his head against your lap.
"This feels much better than the pillow," he mumbled as he closed his eyes comfortably.

You brought a warm smile upon your lips as you sat in the chair next to the bed, Chunji's hair affectionately.

You're so strange, Chunji. One moment you're acting as if you hate me and now you're acting as if you don't.
You gazed down dearly at the peaceful sight of him.
But even if this is the sick chunji talking, it feels nice to have him treat me this way.


Deep inside Chunji, as he felt the presence of your hand gracefully smoothing down his hair, he had thought to himself;
Maybe if I open up to her, little by little, step by step, I guess it wouldn't hurt...

Then he unconsciously and cozily fell into another deep sleep.




~~~~~


I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter ><
Comment & Subscribe? ^_^
Thank you all for giving me motivation to continue updating my story <3