Chapter 5: Duties

We Got "Engaged"

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOByc5B3Ek

Two As One Love Theme - Lyn & Bong Gu
 

 

I’m writing this while cooking dumplings rofl.


 

The next day, you were in your room reading a book when Chunji came barging in. You jumped in surprise.

“Yah! Can’t you at least knock first like you did before?”

“I’m going to be your husband anyways, so does it matter?” he coolly said.

“Of course it matters! We’re not even married yet! We haven’t even seen each other…” you muttered the last words.

“Araso, I’ll knock next time,” he rolled his eyes. “Anyways, today’s the day that you start practicing your duties as a suited wife.”

You gave him a weird look. “What kind of duties do I need to do to even have to practice it?”

He gladly listed some of them. “Like improving your manners, learning the rules I’ll be setting up, attending meetings or events, help hold the monthly bouquets for our companies, plan our engagement party, making ideas for our wedding…the last part you can do in a couple months later.”

You gaped at the list of things he just said. “What?! That seems like a lot of duties I’ll be doing…”

“There’s more.”

“That’s absurd!”

Chunji smirked. “Don’t worry. I’m sure you’ll have plenty of time to do most of them. But for now, read the rules I wrote down on the notebook—well, planner— from yesterday.” He was obviously enjoying this.

“What planner? I threw it away,” you bluntly said.

“Mwoh?!” Chunji became agitated. “How can you lose it?! I specifically handed you it in order to—“

“Calm down, I was just kidding,” you said amusingly. “It’s right here,” you pulled it out from your drawer next to your bed.

He simmered down and smoothed out his black blazer. “Haha. Very funny. Now I’ll be going to attend a meeting at my dad’s company. I’ll be back in approximately two hours so I expect you to learn all the rules by then.”

“But—“

“See ya,” he swiftly walked out of the room.

You groaned and slumped down on your bed. “All this marriage stuff is too much…”


Later on, you decided to look over the rules anyways so Chunji won’t give you a lecture and snap at you. You picked up the planner—as Chunji calls it— and turned the pages until it said “Rules”. You dropped your jaw in shock, for it was five pages long (counting the back side) and written in every single line of the notebook.

“That guy is doing too much! How can I remember all this in two hours?”

Despite your complaining, you got to work and read through the rules carefully. Some of them were just plain silly or stupid.

“Do not come into my room, and take or touch my belongings?! Does he think I’m a snoop?” you shook your head in utter disappointment.

“This guy is unbelievable.”