Chapter 11: Why Now? (Smile)

We Got "Engaged"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJUuIO4aWlI

B2ST's Hyunseung & Kikwang - Let It Snow     <---- see what I did there? xD snow! lol ok anyways........



You and Chunji were walking quietly beside each other, but you both kept a small distance from each other.
 All of a sudden, there was the sound of cameras flashing and you and Chunji turned your heads to see reporters scrambling towards you both.

"Damn," Chunji muttered. "Why are there reporters here?"

"What do we do?" you looked at Chunji.

"Run," he took your hand, making you blush, and you two started running.

The reporters were chasing after you two, yelling out something but you couldn't hear with the wind in your ears.
You both spotted a ski lift ahead and automatically hopped on it, looking back at the frustrated reporters standing at the end.
Chunji sighed in relief. You did too, until you terrifyingly realized something.

"Eek!" you squeaked and acted on instinct, attaching yourself onto Chunji's chest.

"Yah! What are you doing?!" Chunji widened his eyes in surprise and tried to get you off.

You murmured something against his chest.

"What are you saying?" he snapped.

"I have a phobia of heights!" you yelped.

He stared at you and then grumbled. "Are you serious? Why didn't you tell me before?!"

"My mind was only concentrated on running away from those reporters..." you whispered guiltily.

Chunji sighed. "Okay, okay. We'll be on the other side soon."

Your hands clinged on to his sweater desperately with your eyes shut tightly, hoping the ride would soon be over.

Chunji looked at your fragile state. So I have found your major weakness, Jin _____.

The way you were so close to him, the way you trusted him for assurance, gave him a warm feeling all over his body.
It felt so...right.
He did not know why he felt like this all of a sudden.

 

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

 

When you both finally got off, your legs were shaking. You almost lost balance until Chunji caught you in his arms.
His face was only inches away from yours, and you quickly turned pink. You felt your heart thump lightly as you met eyes with him.

"Careful, will you?" he softly said.
You lightly pushed him away.

"I-I'm fine," but as you start walking, your legs gave in again. 

Chunji caught you for the second time. "You know what, I'll just carry you. Troublesome girl."

He sweeped you up and you blushed, avoiding eye contact with him. 

"Are you really that afraid of heights that your knees keep breaking?" he teased.

You just ignored him.
For this time, your legs were shaking for another reason.

 

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

 

After awhile, you told Chunji to put you down and you both walked awkwardly, with you following behind him.
You saw a couple of people laughing and throwing snowballs at each other, and it gave you an idea.

"What the--?!" Chunji felt something hit the back of his head. He turned around and saw you giggling, piling up another ball of snow.

"Yah! Stop it!" 

You pouted. "Come on, Chunji! Have some fun! We didn't come here for nothing." You hurled another white slush at his chest.

"Yah!" he yelled again, but he finally gave in. 

You two started throwing snow at each other, enjoying the moment.
As Chunji gently chucked the snowball at you, you paused and looked at him.

Chunji stopped, glancing back at you. "What?"

"You're smiling."

Chunji froze for a second, realizing this.

You softly smiled at him. "This is the first time you've ever smiled in front of me."

He blushed and quickly made a straight face. "N-no I didn't."

You chuckled and walked over to him. Making him face towards you, you poked the end of his lips and lifted it up.

"You should really smile more often...it suits you," you sincerely pointed out.
Chunji's face became flushed. He removed your hands away from him.

"L-let's go back to the hotel. It's lunchtime already."

"Ah, fine." You pouted, walking behind him. You hope he would take your words into consideration.
From the front, Chunji's face was entirely pink. He quickly walked ahead of you so you wouldn't notice.

Why is she making me feel this way? I actually smiled because of her...which I haven't been doing in such a long time...He thought.

And especially, why now?