Chapter 20: Question

We Got "Engaged"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrcfyUVx2Y
U-KISS - Obsession



"Did you just say what I think you just said...?"

The person stepped out towards Chunji, revealing to be Minhyuk.

Chunji cursed under his breath. "It's you again. Did you hear everything that I just said?"

"Well, yes," Minhyuk kept on a straight face. "I could hear you from ten miles away," he mocked.

Chunji glared at him. Then he strode towards Minhyuk and fiercely grabbed his collar. 
"Listen here. If you say a word to anyone about this, I'm going to make you regret it."

Minhyuk smirked. "And what are you going to do to me if I do tell someone?"

"I have my methods," Chunji growled.

Minhyuk pierced his eyes through the younger male's. "Don't worry, pretty boy. I'll keep your little secret."
Chunji relaxed his grip on Minhyuk's collar.

"...But I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it for _____."

Chunji looked at Minhyuk in disbelief. "What, you like her or something?"

The older male only gave him a smirk.

Chunji felt anger bubble up inside him. "You--"

"What's going on here?" You appeared from the doorway, looking from Minhyuk to Chunji.

Chunji released Minhyuk and cleared his throat. "Nothing happened."

Minhyuk fixed his suit and looked away. "We just had a little talk."

You obviously didn't buy it, but you decided not to bother with whatever issue they were dealing with.
Your eyes went over to Chunji, who was glancing away from your view and your ears turned warm with embarassment. You still remembered the kiss scene.

Chunji scowled and walked towards the limo. "I'm leaving."

"Wait, Chunji!" You called out. He stopped but didn't turn around.
"...Can't you stay a little longer? I mean, it is our engagement party." You looked at his back, hoping he would agree.

He paused for a brief moment, then continued to walk towards the car and got in without a word.
You sighed as you looked out into the streets where the vehicle had driven off to.

Minhyuk was staring at you, observing your worried face. I wonder if she...?

You turned to look at Minhyuk and gave a small smile. "Hey. You made it to the party."

"Yeah," he said. To be honest, he really didn't want to go. Especially since it's about you and Chunji's engagement. The words still stinged him in the heart. But his urge to see your beautiful face again conquered the awful feeling and now, there he was. Plus, his friends, who were at the banquet too, had told him to come along with them.

"He didn't say anything...bothersome to you, did he?" You asked.
Minhyuk shook his head. "No. It's fine, don't worry about it."
"Well, alright. If you say so." You rubbed your arms from the cold breeze. "Let's get back inside."
You and Minhyuk headed back in.

Jungshin, Jonghyun and Yonghwa were standing by the food table, busily chatting away amongst themselves.
Jungshin then shifted his eyes away and noticed the two people walking towards them.
"Hey. It's Minhyuk and Chunji's sweetheart." The other two stopped and turned around to look.
They knew what you looked like since they used to see you with Chunji at school.

"He knows her?" Jonghyun frowned.
"Since when were they friends?" Yonghwa followed.
Jungshin kept quiet. He was smart and observant enough to know that Minhyuk was quite fond of you, unlike the two other nutshells.

Minhyuk approached his friends and introduced you to them. 
"Guys, this is Jin _____, if you didn't know yet."
"Hello," they all said, greeting you one by one and telling you their names.
You smiled and greeted them back. I've been introduced to a lot of people today.

"So...how did you guys meet?" Yonghwa asked in curiousity.
Both you and Minhyuk looked at each other and turned back to the three.
"Minhyuk's father's company anniversary party." You replied.

"Dude, how come you never told us that you were friends with that lower classmen's girlfriend?" Jonghyun asked bluntly.
Minhyuk rolled his eyes. "There would be no point telling you guys."
Yonghwa pretended to be offended. "Whoa! Not even trusting us?! So much for being best friends!"
Minhyuk gave him a look. "You know what I mean."

"That's pretty ironic, considering how you told us how you hated that guy for some reason--" Jonghyun felt a hard nudge on his side from Jungshin.
Jungshin gave him a menacing look. Shut up! She doesn't have to know that.
Jonghyun frowned at him and rubbed his side.

You raised your eyebrow in confusion. What? Minhyuk dislikes Chunji?
Minhyuk coughed and tried to change the subject.
"Anyways, you guys go ahead and continue with your conversation. I just want to have a talk with _____."
You looked at him. "You do?"
"Yes." Minhyuk gave a charming smile to you.
For some reason, your heart didn't turn as much warm at his smile than before.

"Come on," Minhyuk waved to his friends then took your hand to walk somewhere. 
Yonghwa and Jonghyun gave each other looks as they saw how Minhyuk looked so happy with you.
"...No way!" Yonghwa exclaimed in surprise.
"He totally has the hots for her!" Jonghyun yelled.
"Keep it down, will you." Jungshin hissed.

"B-but...you know that it's wrong for him to chase after someone's fiance, right?" Jonghyun stared at Minhyuk and you with a concerned look.
Jungshin's face also fell into concern. "Yeah, I know..."


~~~~~


Minhyuk led you to the balcony of the gigantic building. You felt uneasy with his hands around yours since you were afraid people might misunderstand. 
But he finally lets go as the two of you enter the balcony and looked out at the evening sky.
A moment of quietness passed by, then you turned to look at Minhyuk. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Nothing, really. It's just an excuse for me to spend some time with you." Minhyuk wandered his eyes around the stars that seemed to twinkle with brightness.

Your heart softened. "I see.."

But he also had something in mind. A question that popped into his head the moment he knew about the arranged marriage.

Minhyuk softly shook his head. Maybe this question will hold up for later.

~~~~~


Don't forget to Comment & Subscribe! (^_^) <3

I honestly really couldn't think of anything for this chapter..
& I'll still try my best to update as soon as I can but I've recently been really busy with schoolwork and what not (T_T) 
thus, I'm recently updating my chapters late at night.
So I might not be able to update everyday like I was planning to.
Please bear with me, everyone!

But, I assure you that I already have a lot of great ideas for the chapters later on :3 I can't wait to write them in.

(It's funny because I was taking my essay in my last class and on one of the readings, the name Chunji was on there. Buahahah xD I honestly wanted to take a picture of that)