Chapter 15: Coincidence/Ever Since.

We Got "Engaged"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ZFHnuQEbw

Hyuna - A Bitter Day;Featuring G.NA & Junhyung
 


Minhyuk had walked back inside the classroom with a glum expression on his face. His friends all looked at him in confusion.

"What was that?" Yonghwa asked.

"Did you run all the way down for me to see if she's hot?" Jonghyun teased.

Jungshin whacked him on the arm. 

Minhyuk only sighed and slumped down on a chair. "Aniyo, it's nothing."

He hadn't told his friends yet about the girl he saw at the party that night.
He knew that their immaturity and lack of understanding wouldn't do any good for him. 
Minhyuk didn't know what to do now. All this time, he's been wanting to see the girl of his dreams but now that she's here, she's already taken...
 He knew from right and wrong; that he should not be liking the fiance of someone else's, but that factor fell too late as Minhyuk thinks that he's already starting to fall in love with her.
 

                                                                                                                              ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦


Thankfully, you had plenty of time to find out where your classes were before the bell rang. 
You had tried to ask the students around you but either they all gave you jealous, sneerful looks or they back away from you murmuring how scary it was if Chunji caught them getting close to his fiance.

"As if he cares," you murmured to yourself when you passed by the frightened guys.

When you entered through the door of your homeroom class, most of the students were already seated at their desks chatting. A few of them were fooling around with each other.
You sat down at the back of the room in the middle and looked around helplessly.
As you turned your head towards the side of the room, a guy was looking out the window with his back turned from you.
You were about to avert your gaze until you notice his dark burgundy hair and familiar looking haircut.

Have I seen him before? 

Before you could think about it more, the guy finally turned around and coincidentally met eyes with you. Both of you looked at each other in shock.

"_____!" he said in surprise.

"M....Minhyuk!" you said, feeling guilty for almost forgetting about his name. "What a coincidence!"

He beamed happily at you, then suddenly his smile faded. 

"Hm? Is there something wrong?" you asked.

"..No, nothing," his words were quiet.

Minhyuk's heart felt like exploding in happiness when he found out you had the same homeroom as him, but then he recalled that you were the fiance of Lee Chanhee..

You looked at him questioningly. "Well, alright. But I'm glad to see you! I'm surprised that I'm attending the same school as you."

You brought up a smile. "So your question has been answered. You do get to see me again."
You were recalling that night at the party when he asked if he will ever get to see you once more. It's funny how you remembered that but you almost couldn't remember his name.

Minhyuk smiled at you, also remembering that moment. "Yes, it must be fate."

For some reason, seeing his smile made you strangely warm. 

Maybe he just has a really nice smile, you thought to yourself.
 

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦


[1st period class]

Chunji stared into space as he drowned every sound around him, focusing on his thoughts. Occasionally, you would suddenly pop into his mind and he would shake it off.
Why on earth am I thinking about her? Chunji kept repeating this question over and over everytime you would appear in his head.
An unexpected nudge on the arm had interrupted Chunji's daydreaming. He turned his head to see his curious dongsaeng looking at him with mischievous eyes.

"Hyung, you look so serious when you're drooling over your new fiance," the younger boy teased.

Chunji gave him a quick back slap on the arm. "Shut up, Niel. I wasn't thinking about her." His face didn't say so otherwise.

"Araso, araso," Niel chuckled. He then laid back in his seat and started stretching his arms out. "Man, I'm so bored. Hyung, why don't we ditch?"
though he already knew the answer.

"Niel, you know I don't ditch. It'll affect my grades and then my career."  

Niel sighed and laid his cheek on his palm.  "Geez, I still don't get why you're so determined to be successful to take over your dad's company. Me and the others know you don't like doing this kind of stuff."

"Let's not talk about this." 

"But hyung--"

Niel stopped short when Chunji gave him a stern look. He knew it meant that he was being serious.

"Fine, hyung. But I really don't like seeing you like this..." Niel murmured. 

He and the rest of their group knew Chunji quite long enough to know that this wasn't his dream. At least not his real dream. 
Niel had remembered back then when Chunji used to be a determined, passionate and happy person who loved to joke around and smile.
The him back then would always describe his long term goals and dreams to his friends, and business was never in that category.
Ever.
It just didn't fit him at all.
The cheerful child always told them he would never want to take his father's job, which always consisted of long enduring hours of work and never expressing any kind of happiness.

Little did the child Niel back then know that the world Chunji came to acknowledge, came crashing down one day. His thoughts changed. His personality changed. The once bundle of joy that Chunji had felt had suddenly vanished.
Ever since the incident happened, 
Chunji was never the same from then on.





Don't forget to comment & subscribe!
They'll motivate me more ^_^ 
Please don't be a silent reader!