Chapter 18: Comfort Zone

We Got "Engaged"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ-qyIxtW7Q
Narsha - I'm In Love

 

It was another melancholy day at school. You walked down the hallways in the morning, oblivious to the noises and the people shuffling past you. You had honestly felt a little miserable ever since Chunji chose to avoid you.

Someone then suddenly bumped into you and you looked up. The person bowed apologetically. "Sorry--"
But it was in fact only L.Joe and his friends.

"Oh, it's just you, _____." L.Joe grinned.
You mildly smiled at him. "Hey, L.Joe."

"By the way, these are me and Chunji's friends, Niel and CAP," he gestured towards the two people next to him.
"Annyeong~ I'm Ahn Daniel, but you're welcomed to call me Niel," the younger male with medium brown hair waved cheerfully at you.
"Sup, my name's Bang Minsoo. You can call me CAP," the charismatic older male stepped up and shook hands with you.

"Annyeong, Niel and CAP. I'm Jin _____," you greeted.
"Yeah, we know," CAP smirked.
You looked at him quizzically.

"Anyways, we shouldn't be bothering you on your way to class," L.Joe saluted you. "We'll see you around, _____."
You nodded and turned towards your two new friends. "It was nice meeting you guys."
"Same here," Niel grinned. CAP nodded.
Then all of you parted ways.

Niel looked back at you from the other direction. 
"She's cute."
His comment earned him a light smack on the back of his head.
"Hands off, she's Chunji's," CAP warned, but he chuckled.
"Geez, I was just saying," Niel rubbed his head.

As they passed by one of the classrooms, Taeyeon was peering at them from the door. Then she turned to glare at you, who was walking away in the distance. The way you and Chunji's friends were getting chummy had made her feel annoyed and jealous.
"I'm supposed to be the one being buddies with Chunji's friends, not her!" she fumed.
"Just you wait, I'm going to ruin you when I get the chance," Taeyeon evilly smirked and slipped back inside the classroom.

~~~~~


In homeroom, Minhyuk was looking at you in concern. He noticed how lately you weren't as lively and bright as you were before, and it pained him since he knew the cause of your sadness.
He decided that he would find a way to cheer you up.

After school, you were exiting out the school when Minhyuk came up to you and tapped your shoulder.

"Yes, Minhyuk?" you glanced at him.

"Will you go somewhere with me right now?" he stopped in front of you.

You bit your lower lip. The first thing that came to your mind was how Chunji would react to this. "Minhyuk...I'm not sure if--"

He softly cupped your hand, looking at you straight in the eye pleadingly. "Please? I really want to show you something."

You couldn't help but feel guilty if you said no. "Araso. So where are we going?"

He gently smiled. "You'll see."

~~~~~


A handful of minutes passed by, and after getting a lift from Minhyuk's limo, he stopped at a place and led you through a path of cherry blossom trees. You admired the blooming nature.
"Wow, it's such a pretty sight," you murmured happily.
Minhyuk glanced at you amusingly. "Wait until I show you something even more wondrous."


Your curiousity quickly transformed into amazement as the scenery ahead unfolded before your eyes.

It was a bright and heavenly sight filled with healthy, shimmering grass with different array of flowers sprinkling around the greenery. Vines twirled around the trees and branches ever so elegantly, with plump little berries growing from each corner of the stem.
The sun aroused from the side, letting out a golden glow surrounding the area.
Even more cherry blossom trees stood beside the colorful plants as if they were loyal companions. Their bright pink petals danced through the breeze gracefully, sending in an alluring aroma around their surroundings.

It was a very radiant and dazzling sight. It really seemed too unrealistic and unbelievable.

You continued to stare in awe. "Minhyuk...this is...how...?"
He chuckled at your astonished reaction. He then graciously tugged you down with him onto the grass to sit.

Minhyuk glanced around the scenery with a passionate sparkle in his eyes.
"I remember I was ten years old when I found this place," he spoke. "I was actually crying that day, because of some bad things that happened at school."
He closed his eyes and breathed in the fresh, cool air.
"I guess I was given a miracle when I stumbled across this beautiful view. I had the same reaction as you when I first saw it. This place became my...comfort zone. It immediately washed all my anger and sadness away and gave me peace when I needed it. It was my savior."
You movingly listened to his every words.
"From that day on, I kept on taking care of it. I would bring all the necessary things to provide it with great care. But even if I didn't have time or if I was busy, it always seems to know how to take care of itself. It was naturally very beautiful. I wouldn't have known what to do if I hadn't found this amazing area.
Because whenever the world seemed so grey, it would always provide me colors that helped guide me back through reality in a positive way."

You looked at him endearingly, never knewing that Minhyuk had felt like this. But it inspired you.

Minhyuk then affectionately met eyes with you. "You know, you're the first person I have ever shown this place to."
You softened. "Really? Why me...?"

His thoughts scrambled through his mind. He didn't know how to answer this without being obvious. But he quickly thought of something that was similar to what he wanted to say.

"Let's just say...from the moment I talked to you, I felt like you're the only person I can always trust."

You thoughtfully glanced at him. "That's a lot of trust you've confided in me."
He chuckled. "Yeah, and it's weird because I just met you too."
You lightly laughed along with him. "I agree."

Deep inside, you were really glad that Minhyuk had asked you to come with him to this place. Or else you wouldn't have known about this wonderful sight of nature and uncover Minhyuk's sensitive side.
Minhyuk is a really good person. He really treats me so well. I'm happy that he's by my side right now..
Your heart turned strangely but comfortably warm at the thought. There's that feeling again. I keep on feeling this way towards Minhyuk..but it's probably nothing.


Minhyuk continued to smile, looking around his peaceful surroundings. He then glanced down at the grass and spotted something unique.
"_____-ah, look."
You turned towards him and casted your attention down to the grass to see what he was looking at. "Hm? What is it?"
Minhyuk carefully dug up the roots of the petite plant, as to not disturb its growth. He then held it out to you.

"It's a four leaf clover," he softly said.

You broadened your eyes as Minhyuk presented the object in front of you. "Omo! It is!" 
You gently received the clover into the palms of your hands. "Wow...you're very lucky that you found it," you pleasantly glanced at him.

He delicately smiled. "It's yours now."
You stared at him in surprise. "Really? Wae?"
Minhyuk lightly shook his head. "It's alright, I want you to have it. You can keep it as a memory of being here with me."
You beamed at him appreciatively. "I will treasure it then."
 

As you joyfully observed the tiny green plant, Minhyuk was gazing at you deeply.


I don't need the clover, _____-ah, because I'm already very lucky to have met you.