Words To Remember

like a butterfly~

Obviously, I don't dislike children as I work with them all the time, but today was just not my day. It's way too early in the morning.
I stand up from my seat in the plane and walk over to one of the flight attendants. "Excuse me, I can use my mileage to upgrade to business class, right?"

"Yes, Miss. Would you like to upgrade for this flight?"

"Yes, please." She tells me to wait so I return back to my seat original and smile at the mother sitting next to me with her crying infant. "Now, you will have more space."
She looks at me thankfully as well as apologetically, her arms moving gently to calm her child, unsuccessful.

If I wasn't so stressed about getting some work done and pressed on time, I wouldn't have minded the noise.

"Miss," the flight attendant shows me the mileage of my member card on a tablet. "I'll be confirming that you requested for an upgrade to business class using your mileage."

"Yes, thank you very much."

"If you would follow me, please." She waits for me to get my things and I turn and smile at the mother once more.
Walking to the front of the airplane, I can already feel my stress level lowering as the noises fades. "I'll be back in a minute for you to sign something, please take a seat wherever you want, Miss."

"Is over there alright?" I point towards one of the empty seats near the window.

"Yes, we'll be taking off soon." She leaves and another flight attendant responsible for this class offers to help me settle in, putting my jacket and laptop bag into the overhead locker.

Even though I'm quite exhausted and all I wanted to do was nap into the bigger seats, I force myself to stay awake as there are still reports to write. I look out the window during take off as we leave Japan behind.
Safe to use electric devices, I get up to get my laptop and start typing away.

From the corner of my eye, I notice someone sitting down on the seat next to me but since the seats are wider and slightly further apart than in economy class it doesn't really bother me until they lean in closer.

I try to ignore them but when they do not move away, my patience snaps and I turn their way. "Excu—" I blink several times, taken aback to see a familiar face. "Oppa?"

"Hi." It takes me a moment to grasp that Jungkook really is in front of me. "You're surprised, aren't you?"

"Yes." I respond still dazed.

Jungkook smiles softly, his teeth appearing slightly. "I saw you earlier but you looked busy." His eyes shift to my laptop. "You still do."

"Earlier?" I wonder what that could mean. "When?"

"Before boarding."

"Mhm..." Again I try to think of seeing someone familiar, but nothing comes to my mind. "I don't think I saw you."

"It's alright, you were busy." Just then the flight attendant brings over the bill for my upgrade. "Was something wrong with your seat?"

"Oh, not in that sense. There was just this infant that was crying. I think he wasn't feeling well."

"Ah," I didn't even need to elaborate more, seems like he understood. "It's more comfortable, isn't it."

"Yes," I agree and lean back into my seat which shields my view from him momentarily. "I should just book business class all the time."

"Do you fly a lot?" His face appears around the corner. Cute.

I shake my head and sit back up. "Thank god or I'd be broke in no time."

His gaze shifts lower to the ground. "How's your ankle?"

It had been a few days since I last saw him. Yoojin had returned from her sick leave, so I hadn't seen him since that day I hurt my ankle. I never thought I would coincidentally meet him on my way back from Japan on a plane.

"It's better now, good even, I don't feel any pain when I wal—" Jungkook moves and his hair not covered by the hood catches the light, my eyes widen. "Oppa, your hair."

"'Oppa'?" Amused, he finally calls me out on it. "Hadn't you settled on 'Jungkookie' already?"
I was still amazed by the new color, so much that I didn't even feel flustered for being caught.
When I don't respond to his jab, he pulls his hood back and ruffles his hair. "Do you like it?"

"Hm." I make a sound of amazement as I see the color shift, he's watching me as I lean closer. His hair is shifting from black to dark blue. "It looks really good."

He chuckles at my expression.

"Mhm, new song and new hair color? Do I smell a comeback?" I , my report long forgotten.

"Bingo." I had meant it as a joke because he was already so busy with the musical. "Although this color is just temporary, I'm not sure I like it."

"It suits you." I say even though there is really no need. "Bangtan-Oppas, what color is theirs?"

"I don't know." He laughs quietly. "Since I'm having a solo album, what their hair color is, doesn't matter."

"Solo?" I repeat a little bit too loud and cover my mouth sheepish, I repeat it more quietly. "For real?"

"Hm."

Again, I make a sound of amazement. "What's the concept?"

Jungkook puts his index finger over his lips. "It's a secret."

"Ey." He smiles at my expression. I look over our seats but don't see any other familiar faces. I wonder where he sat before he joined me. What was he doing in Japan? "Are you by yourself?"

"Hm?" Sitting back down, I see his half closed eyes but he was staring nonetheless. When he won't stop, I cover my eyes with my hands making him laugh softly. He tugs them down and keeps looking at me.

"Stop it." I start to get warm from his gaze, so I pull on the view blocker until it shields both our views from each other. 
Again he laughs under his breath but it turns into a long yawn. I push it back to look at him.
"You must be exhausted from your schedule." Nodding his head, he closes his eyes completely but doesn't lower his seat. "Sleep tight, Oppa."

I guess that's what I'll call him from now on. It's the most natural.

I feel a tug on the elbow of my sleeve. "________."

"Yes?" He looks tired but his eyes are open again, a hint of a smile on his lips. "Sleep."

"Wake me when you're done, ok?"

Amused, my head turns to glance out the window. "We're on a plane, I'm not going anywhere."

The tugging moves towards the wrist. "Still, wake me."

"Alright, I'll wake you."

"Promise?" He holds his pinky finger out. "Pinky promise?"

Why is he so cute? "I promise." I curl my pinky around his.

With a contended smile Jungkook closes his eyes and relaxes completely, his fingers lingering on my sleeve a bit longer. 
God, is he handsome. Sleeping made him look like a prince, like an angel. I wish I could watch him sleep but I don't want to be a cree—

"I can't sleep if you keep looking." I blush when I realize that he had spoken and duck my head.
He doesn't say any more for a few seconds and when I take a peek I see his lips curved up slightly. I would like to hit him very much but as that would wake him up completely, I keep it in and continue writing my report.

A few minutes later, I hear a soft snore coming from him. He's asleep already.

I signal for assistance and ask the stewardess for a blanket and spread it over him. As I lower the back of his seat, I wonder how I would feel about another girl doing this for my boyfriend.

Still, I can't help it. It's become a second nature.

* * * * * *

"Oppa? Oppa." Jungkook stirs in his sleep when he feels a slight tap on his shoulder. "Oppa."
Her gentle voice pulls him out of his dreams. When he opens his eyes it is to find her looking sideways at something, then she focuses on him again and she smiles. "You're awake."

His mind goes blank as he peers up at her looking so beautiful in her ponytail, strands of hair framing her face.

"Is he awake?" A cute frown replaces her smile and it makes him smile.

"I'm awake." Instead of the sitting position, Jungkook finds himself lying down with a blanket on him. It was obviously her, no doubt there. His heart warms at her thoughtfulness. "Are you done?"

"Not really." She pulls back as he moves up his seat to match hers. "I have to edit this."

Folding up the blanket he focuses his full attention on her and sees that she was now only wearing a T-shirt. "What's the report for?"

"I have to give weekly reports about the classes I give and also the progress on the musical I'm working on. Very boring." Her eyes skim the screen as she explains without missing a beat.

"So hardworking." He mumbles as he rubs his eyes and rests his elbow on the arm rest. "Why wake me if you're not going to talk to me?"

"Go back to sleep then." She was either being serious or joking, he couldn't tell. She's become better at that.

Jungkook tilts his head so he can grasp her expression better, blocking her view from her laptop. It makes her smile. "I don't want to."

"Then don't. I can multi task."

But Jungkook wanted her undivided attention. "What were you doing in Japan?"

Since his head was still in the way, she puts a hand against his face and pushes gently. "Me? I was taking care of some business for my brother."

"Where is your brother?"

She giggles at something. She is so pretty when she laughs. "Army."

"Arm—" Jungkook sits up straight. "Your brother is serving his military service?"

"Yes."

His mind returns to years ago when she had found it so hard to be away from her brother. How is she coping now? "How long has he been serving?"

"I'm alright." She answers his unspoken question. "He's been there almost 6 months now."

At least she wasn't alone, that made him feel some kind of relief. "It's good that you're not living alone then."

"Yeah, I guess that helps." She laughs about something, but for Jungkook that's the confirmation. His heart sinks.

Deep in thought, Jungkook doesn't hear someone asking him a question until she taps his arm. "Huh?"

She nods towards the lane and smiles up, Jungkook follows and sees the flight attendant holding a tray of food. "Ah, thank you."
It is placed on his retractable table and when she goes to put one in front of ________, she declines. Jungkook steps in. "Just put it on my table, she will eat it later."

When the stewardess has left, Jungkook can feel her eyes on him. "How are you going to eat all of that?"

She thought he planned to eat all of this? "Don't underestimate my appetite."

"You're right, I shouldn't. Eat a lot, Oppa."

Obeying he does start to pick up the food, hiding his intentions. "Aren't you hungry?"

"Not really." Her eyes stay on her laptop. "I haven't had the appetite lately."

"You've lost weight." He's just saying that, he wouldn't really know. "Food keeps us going."

"Hm, I know." She sounds distracted, a slight frown on her face.

Taking this chance, Jungkook grabs a clean spoon from her tray, scoops up some food and brings it right to her lips.

At first she doesn't move but then he can see her lips quirking up. "Why did I have a feeling you were going to do that?"

He waits until she has finished speaking until he tries again. "Food makes people happy, so if you eat it will make me happy."

Her smile fades as the words register. It's something she used to say all the time.

For some reason it doesn't have the effect he had hoped for, she looks slightly distressed and that's not what he wanted at all.
He's about to pull his hand away when she smiles at him. "You still remember?"

"Yes." Everything.

"Maybe I should listen to my younger self then." Her smiles is comedic, almost in a mocking way. Jungkook just waits patiently. "Alright."
She probably mostly agreed because she knew he wouldn't budge. Even more so than back then it burdened her to have other people worrying about her.

Putting her laptop aside, Jungkook helps her put the tray on her table.
"Oh, looks delicious." Then she laughs and it sounds so beautiful to him. "Seems like I'm hungry now. I should really fly business class from now on."

She's so cute that he just can't help himself. Lifting his hand he pats her head. "That's right, eat a lot."

"Oppa, too." She removes the lid and starts eating slowly, even though he should the can't pull his eyes away from her.

* * * * * *

The smell of chocolate hits my nose at the same time as something round and solid touched my lips. "What is it?'' I move my head back to look at it.

"It's chocolate I got earlier." Jungkook had gotten his bag from his original seat. "Ah."

I open up as instructed and let him put the chocolate into my mouth. "You know I really, really hate it when people tell me what to do."

When I look at Jungkook I can see him unwrapping another truffle for himself. "Is that so?"

"Yes." I continue editing which is what I had been doing after eating while conversing with him casually. "But, this is really delicious. Where did you get this from?"

"At the airport, a fan bought it to me." He plops the chocolate into his own mouth. "My fans are the best."

"Right." Was it a bad thing that he gave me one? "I wonder how it feels to have millions of girlfriends."

"Huh?" Jungkook looks taken aback probably because it's the first time any of us had mentioned this.

I turn to look at him. "I saw the videos back then, you kept describing ARMYs as your girlfriends."

"Ah, that." I'm pretty sure he still does it. "That's different."

"You should be more considerate, there are fanboys, you know." I wiggle my index finger in front of him. "Don't hurt their feelings."

He's about to respond when the pilot announces that they will be preparing for landing soon.
My heart can't help but feel heavy. The time on the plane with him had been relaxing. I take a peek and see something similar to disappointment on his face. Maybe he feels the same.

"Home sweet home." His head lifts, eyes meeting mine.

"Not for me." I say without thinking, his eyes never fail to distract me.

Jungkook doesn't question me though or ask me to elaborate, instead he just pulls his lips into his mouth and looks far away.
My own mind drifts away to the memories I wish wouldn't come back. Yes, South Korea is my home, but not so sweet.

I start packing my laptop and store it away safely. A sigh escapes when I think of Yein. Why do I keep forgetting about her?
Maybe they aren't dating, but they sure seems close and if I think back to how Jungkook and I had acted around each other before he officially asked me out, their situations appears to be similar.

I'm no one compared to her. Nothing special.

"________," My head turns his way, his voice snapping me out of it. When my eyes land on his I see something I wish I hadn't. Affection. Why is he doing this to me?
His gaze never wavers, never leaves mine, and I can feel my heart fluttering just like that.
Then he smiles slowly. "Look, the sunrise."

My eyes follow his pointed finger and I look out the window, gasping. "Wuah."

After a few seconds, I hear him speaking from my side. "You still love the nature as much as before, don't you?"

"Yeah," my eyes are glued to the stunning view. "It's the only thing that stays consistent for me."
I bite down on my lip when I realize what I had said again, I should really start using a filter. "Sorry."
Pulling away from the window, I shy away from looking at him directly, feeling guilty for unintentionally making it sound like I meant him.

"It's ok." His smile is sad. "If wasn't easy for you."

That's all Jungkook says before he lowers his eyes and automatically shuts off, the atmosphere changing completely.

I'm such an idiot.

"Oppa," I place a hand on his arm to get his attention. "I didn't mean you."

It takes him a while before he looks at me again. "I never said that you were."

I think it's the first time, he is responding so defensively. "I meant what I wrote... in the letter. Still mean it."
I only wish it was still as platonic as I had predicted it to be.

Jungkook holds my gaze, expression unchanging, guarded even. "What letter?"

That throws me off completely. I remove my hand and blink flustered. "You didn't..."
But Joon had assured me that he gave it to Jungkook and to be honest I'm pretty sure he wouldn't lie about something like that. So what—

A hand lands on top of my head and I hear Jungkook chuckling softly. "I'm joking, I got it."

"Oh." Too much of an emotional rollercoaster ride, I'm pretty speechless, so I hit him. "Stop being so good at everything, you should have become an actor instead."

Jungkook's eyes light up and his grin spreads as he catches my hand. "Sorry, I couldn't stop myself."

Offended, I humph like a child and glare at him. It doesn't last long though because his smile always makes me forget what I was even upset with him about. If I was ever.

"The feeling is mutual," Jungkook's expression turns serious, his hand squeezing mine gently. "Remember that, ________."



— — —
helllooooooo! I'm back! sorry for not updating for 4 days but I have been a bit busy and then when I meant to edit yesterday my once in a month pain made me want to die orz huehue

golden disk was so aksllkdasdad didn't kookie look like a prince omg I'm so happy with the stylists choices, they dress them so well TT I love and the bts chronicals made me scream so much, all the throwbacks 👍👍👍👍👍👍 the feels were so strong and it was so good to see yoongi being back and they had such beautiful and powerful stages, they seemed really excited to see armys again after a short break^^ 

isac too I love how they didn't really care about winning and gave the other members chances to do what they wanted to... I screamed so much about the interactions between jungkook and seventeen members like 😭😭😭😭 definitely my fav concept... kookie and mingyu.... my dreams are coming true huhue hahah anyway that's all, I hope you enjoyed reading and thx for reading my fangirling too 💛