Home

like a butterfly~

Holding the hood of the fur cape-shaped coat in place, I balance the box of tarts and cupcakes on one hand, hoping that I won't make a fool out of myself as I walk past the dozens of fans waiting to get a snapshot of their favorite artist.

It's a funny feeling, taking the same steps I had not long ago as a different me. I'm now the me that reconciled with my father. I'm the me that is in love with Jungkook once more. We could have ended up in a completely different path. Each of us in their own and not together. Maybe it was just meat to be. There were so many coincidences that led us to interact again and again. The opportunities were already given, it's always the choices that shape the outcome differently.

The sounds of cameras going off makes me shudder. It's when you have something to hide that you feel like they know exactly who you are but in reality no one knows me.
No one even stops me to question my identity as I enter the building. I immediately start searching for Jungkook's room but after a second of roaming, my eyes settle on a small group of people with high tech cameras. They were aimed at two pretty girls each holding mics in their hands and they were talking to the camera. It looks like they are preparing for interviews with the arriving artists.

Pulling the over-sized hood lower over my head, I make myself smaller and pass them, my eyes peeking up once in a while to check for the artist's names. Girl groups, solo artists, boy groups and even the MC but no Bangtan's Jungkook.
My shoulders slump. He must be in the first one then. Turning around, I peek over the edge of the hood and slowly move nearer to the filming crew. They still lingered in front of the first fitting room. I'm pretty sure that we were waiting for the same person. Just my luck.

I'm early actually. After I finished cleaning up the spare room for my father's arrival, I had rushed to the bakery and still had time left. I meant to surprise him but I think now is a good time to text him. Switching the box from one to the other hand, I get out my phone and begin to text the message when the same door we were waiting for opens and an all black dressed figure walks out.

Maybe it's his physique, maybe it's the way he walks or maybe it's his full hair. I can tell it's Jungkook in an instance.

Jungkook doesn't even look at the two interviewers and just strides off. He must have just woken up from a nap because his hair was all fluffed up. I see him holding something in his hand. He's probably going to freshen up and brush his teeth. This boy really brushes his teeth all the time. It makes me rethink my own dental care.
With his long legs, he has rounded the corner in a few seconds and disappears from our vision.
The two girls seems just as surprised by his nonchalant entrance as me. When it seems like they wanted to follow him, my eyes widen and in my head I begin to chant for them to stay here. Don't follow him. Don't follow him.

Since it appears like there was never a scheduled interview as Jungkook would never behave like that if he was notified prior, I'm starting to feel upset at the idea of them following him to the restroom.
But after a bit indecisiveness, one more reluctant than the other, both girls stay but to my dismay face my way and lighten up. Shrinking together, I am more worried about being caught on camera more than anything. They start to rush towards me, eyes cast at something behind me and call for a girl group member's name.

I sneak a glance after them and then quickly widen the distance between us and follow after Jungkook, on the lookout for the nearest male's restroom. I wait against the opposite wall, checking inside the pastry box to see if I had caused any damage.

It's around ten minutes later, when the same black figure that identifies as Jungkook, steps out and knowing how fast and big his steps are, I hurriedly push away from the wall. ''Jung—''

However someone speaks over me, catching his attention before I can. "Jungkook-ah, they are doing a live stream again." I recognize the person to be one of his managers.

''Ah, really? I didn't see the camera.'' Jungkook pulls the black hood over his head just like I have and goes off before I can announce my presence.

Did I really hide myself that well? Maybe I shouldn't have worn this massive fur cape coat but Lee has been bugging me to wear it especially since it has been a year since she gifted it to me. I had stared at it in horror thinking it to be real animals fur but she had called me 'Babo' as always and reassured me it's faux fur.
I look down at the coat. Only my head is visible, not even my hands reach out and with the hood I might as well be dressing up as the grim reaper.
Inching to the very edge of the corner, I move to stick my head out to take a look when someone rams right into me. Thank god, I had held the box against my side and not in front of me or the whipped cream and tarts would be history.

That's not to be said for my nose. I hold my furry sleeve against my face and rub it. "Ouch."

"It really is you." Is the first thing Jungkook says as he pull away to scan my face. "I'm sorry, Babe."

"It's ok." I murmur.

"Or should I say, I'm sorry, Gorilla."

I crack up but stop before I can fully laugh at it and punch his stomach. He doubles over dramatically. "You really couldn't recognize me? I was standing right in front of you!"

"I wasn't looking. I never look when there are other girls around, you know that." He really sounds like he is in pain, his voice was strained.

I touch his arm. "Did I really hit you?"

"Nope." He admits and straightens to his full height. "You didn't punch me that hard."

I slap him again, this time just lightly. "What do you mean other girls? I'm not just another girl."

"You don't usually wear gorilla clothes! How was I supposed to know it's you."

"You don't usually walk like a model too but I recognized your back immediately." I bicker back. "And it's not gorilla clothing. I'm going to tell Soojung-Eonni and she is going to kill you."
Jungkook had once told me how Soojung is scary in his eyes.

"I think Soojung is too busy kissing Minhyuk to care." He smiles mischievously, taking the box from me while I glower at him for reminding me.

''It's Soojung-Noona for you. She is older than all of us.''

''Ah, so Minhyuk likes older girls.'' He keeps taunting.

''I'm not that much older... stop it.'' He chuckles, turning his back to me momentarily to look around the corner. I try to take a peek as well but he moves back as if he was almost caught. ''Where is your Manager-Hyung?''

''He went to ask them not to film in front of my room so closely'' He slides his hand along my forearm until he finds my hands in all that gorilla sleeve. "They're filming in front of the entrance now. This is their highest chance of actually getting artists to talk to them."

''Aren't managers usually really strict about interviews?''

''Yes, that's why they are doing it live. Some newer idols aren't in any position to decline them and since they are taken off guard, they say more than they mean to or should.'' Jungkook expression turns grim as he speaks.

The more my eyes are opened to the darker side of this industry the more I wish I could pull him out of it and protect him from everything.
Heart feeling a bit sour, I raise my hand and pet his hair. His response is to close his eyes in comfort and smile softly.

"They weren't live streaming last time." I say after a while, unable to stop thinking about one of our first encounters after four years.

''You came in much later that day, didn't you? They usually begin the livestream when we start coming.'' He gestures for us to walk the other way. ''But they stopped doing this for a while because of complains. Now, they are doing this once every month or on special events.''

''Companies actually complained to KBS?'' Wow, we're talking about one of the biggest television networks in South Korea.

''No, no. At least I don't think anyone dared to.'' Jungkook's expression lightens at my astounded expression. ''It's usually the fans that solve these things for us.''

''They are still waiting outside.'' I shudder, still feeling cold from the winter weather.

''Yeah, they stay in hopes that we leave the building.''

''But it's so cold.'' Can't he tell them not to wait? They'll get sick like that.
Now, it's his turn to ruffle my head after wrapping his arm around my shoulders. ''How did you know it was me waiting for you?''

''I heard you. It just registered a bit late that someone else called my name. I just got woken up from a nap.'' Like on cue, he yawns and pushes his chest out, stretching his back.

''Aigoo,'' I coo and rub his chest. ''You and Bobo are always yawning, you sleepy babies.''

''Whose the baby here, hm?'' I snicker at once, knowing exactly what he is referring to. ''Who didn't even want to wake up to say good bye this morning when I had to leave for work. It surely was not Bobo but a certain tiny gorilla right next to me, right now.''

''Heuheu,'' I hum sheepishly and face him, walking backwards now. ''I was tired.''

''Yeah, me too. Next time, don't stay up so late.''

I jut my chin at him, partially pouting. ''I don't think that was the cause of my fatigue.''

''Oh, really?'' He teases dotingly and puts his arm behind my head to speaks closer. ''Is everything ok?''

''Yes, I'm feeling nothing.'' At least not what he is hinting at. I do feel more relaxed and... lighter? I raise my head. ''I told you I wouldn't be in pain the second time.''

Jungkook ponders that over, his fuller lower lip protruding out a little. ''I read that some partners are incompatible, so it hurts every time.''

I cringe and wince. ''There is something like that? Ouch.''

Absentmindedly, he nods and stays deep in thought. ''Something about imbalance in something.''

I sputter a laugh. ''Something? You didn't read it probably?''

''I fell asleep ok?'' He says defensively, pulling out of his thoughts to glare at me. ''You read it next time.''

''Ok.'' I chirp earning me a delayed smile. It seems like Jungkook can be a bit gloomy when he is sleepy.

"I just have to change and then we can go visit you father." He reaches for my hand again to move me behind him as we were about to walk around the corner that would take us to his room from the other side. ''Be careful, I think someone is walki—''

Just like before, he flinches back from the edge of the wall as a group of girls almost bump into him. They exchange nods of acknowledgment while I bow a little as Jungkook pulls me closer to his back. Not being able to help it, my eyes follow the girls walking past us and when one looks back I glance away, flustered for being caught.

I meet Jungkook's amused gaze. "What?"

"They're so pretty." I whisper which makes him smile wider for some reason.

''I think everyone is trying to avoid the livestream.'' He keeps his hand wrapped securely around mine as we pass by a few more groups of idols, I assume. Finally, we are able to get into his fitting room by taking the exact moment when they were filming a new arriving artist with the help of his manager blocking the view to the door to sneak in.

"Thank you." I say quietly to the manager and he smiles with surprise.

"Wah, it's ________-ie." I hear Hoseok announce cheerfully, clapping his hands. I reach my hand out to his and he holds it for a second. "You look like a—"
I shoot him a look and he stops. "Why? I was just going to say you look like a grim reaper."

"Jungkook-Oppa said I look like a gorilla." Speaking about Jungkook, he was tugging or rather trying to pull me away from Hoseok who was still holding my fingertips.

"Jungkookie, you can't say that to our ________." I smirk victoriously at Jungkook, entertained as he works his jaw, staring at Hoseok's hand and mine.

"I agree, you look like a gorilla." Seokjin joins in and I realize he is here too. "Do you want to hear a gorilla joke?"

"No." I say while pushing Jungkook to change his clothes already. "No one wants to hear your Ahjae jokes."

But he still tells a few anyways. As much as I don't want to laugh at them, the fact that he is enjoying them so much and laughing so joyfully is all the reason I need to make me cackle along.

"Ah, I forgot to ask." Hoseok begins after I had sat down next to him on the couch. "Your friend, Lee? How is she?"

"Oh, you remember her?" That makes me smile brightly. "She's doing great. She's getting married soon."

"Wah? Really?" He moves back in shock. "Isn't she the same age as you?"

"Yeah, she is." I shrug off my cape. "But I guess he's the one."

He squints his eyes. "Didn't she have a boyfriend when you introduced us?"

"Yeah, Joon. It's still him."

His eyebrows rise. "Wah, that's amazing."

"Amazing, right?" I agree but with more disbelief than fascination.

Hoseok giggles, seeing my expression. "Isn't he a choreographer for JYP?"

"Oh, you know about that?" Maybe the world of choreographers is small.

"I've seen him." He takes out his phone. "I met him at one of the workshops before but I wasn't sure if it was the same person."

He shows me a photo and indeed it's Joon in the back of a group of dancers. "That's fascinating, we keep meeting."

"That's right. I guess it's fate." I smile at Hoseok who glanced at Jungkook. He still hadn't changed out of his lounge wear instead was playing with Seokjin by bickering and joking around.
It's really heartwarming to keep seeing them visiting and supporting their youngest one at his promotions. Bangtan is like family.

''She still loves me though, right?'' Hoseok asks, remembering how he was her bias back then.

I seal my lips closed sheepishly. She had moved to Yoongi, then to Taehyung and then back to Hoseok. She loves them all, I guess. ''Eh.. yes, of course. You're so lovable, everyone loves you.''

''You think so?'' His expression lights up even brighter than the sun. ''Ya, Jungkook-ah, she said I'm lovable.''

''You're Jung Lovable Hoseok, I'm not surprised.'' He shouts back, almost glares at me, then resumes his chat with Jin.

''What was that?'' Hoseok asks before I can. ''Did you two fight?''

''No...'' Jungkook has never glared at me like that. Did I do something wrong? What did I miss?

''Ah...'' Hoseok first says next to me in revelation and then much louder and with a bit of amusement. ''Ah! I get it.''

''Hm?'' Why don't I get it?

''It's nothing.'' He smiles, two really cute dimples appearing on each side of his mouth and waves the matter away. ''Don't think about it, Jungkook is just being Jungkook.''

I expect him to elaborate more but he keeps it at that which makes me straighten up in exasperation. ''You're not going to tell me?''

''You don't need to know the details, just know it's because of me.''

''Because of you? Why? What did you do?'' I lean closer but he shakes his head rapidly. ''What?''

''________,'' Seokjin approaches us holding something in his hands. When he is close enough I see it's a wrapped up mochi.

''Oh, it's Jiminie-Oppa.'' I say and almost laugh at myself for being so predictable.

Hoseok chuckles. ''Cute...''

"Since you're the next best cook after me, I'll give you the honor of trying out my self-created recipe." I stand up as he gives me the mochi.

"Jin-Hyung has been into creating his own recipes lately." Jungkook explains buttoning up his shirt that he finally put on. "It's delicious."

"Sh!" Seokjin scolds him. "Don't spoil it."

"Ah, right!" I intercept their bickering as I remember the box I brought along. "I bought something for the success of Jungkookie's promotions."

"Oh," Seokjin turns interested and Hoseok stands up too, following the way I pointed at.

I lift the mochi to my nose and then take a big bite only to realize that it's made with the one of the ingredients that I am allergic too. I chew slowly, going through my options here. It's nothing severe but if I eat too much...
I stare at the mochi. It's yummy though. I glance up at Jungkook briefly and see him watching with his eyebrows raised slightly.

He sends me a question through his eyes. You don't like it? It's not that I don't like it. My eyes shift to busy Seokjin choosing a tart and then quickly back at Jungkook, I shake my head.
His eyes fall to the mochi then me and then he steps closer bending down to open his mouth wide.
I grin, with my heart melting and place the mochi into his mouth. I pat his cheek gratefully and he winks, looking like a chipmunk.

"Ah, ________-ie," Hobi once more takes out his phone. "I found the video you were asking for." Rushing to my feet, I move to his side.

"What video?" Jungkook asks, speaking around the mochi in his mouth.

"________-ie asked me if there were any videos of us learning the dance for Blood Sweat and Tears." Hobi shows me his phone and I lean my hip against the vanity he was sitting on.

"Ah, Blood Sweat and Tears?" Jungkook does the same, putting one hand on my shoulder. ''You still have those videos?''

''Hm, I found them in my external drive.'' Hoseok glances up with a smile. ''I found many more to show you, ________-ie.''

''Just send them to me since we can't see each other often.'' I propose. I really don't know when I will ever see any of them.

''Yes, I definitely will. Yoongi recently sent me one of Jungkook when he just joined the company. He was so shy and cu—'' He suddenly stops speaking, his eyes peering past me at Jungkook. ''Aigoo, I'm being shot at.''

''Mhm? What?'' Confused, I face Jungkook and see him shooting daggers at Hoseok. His side profile... so handsome. That's what I think before shaking my head and lightly slapping his thigh instead. ''Stop it, Oppa.''

He direct his glare at me but then relents, sighing. I hear Seokjin laughing but I keep my eyes on Jungkook. What is it?
Pulling his lips into his mouth, he stares at me like that for a moment. Lifting one hand, I press my fingertip to his dimple, in hopes to make him lighten up from whatever is bothering him.

''Can I play press now?'' Hoseok asks timidly as if he was afraid to interrupt us.

''Yes.'' I shift back around and lean close to focus on the small screen. Jungkook on the other hand, puts his hands on each side of my waist and slides me to him. I shoot him a bewildered expression but he just gestures for me to watch the video. Maybe he is in a bad mood today.

The short early practice video makes me stare in awe. Their synchronized jumps are the most fascinating to watch. Even though it's one of their first times dancing this choreography, not one of them looks out of place. Every step they take has a purpose and even if it was a mistake, they make it look like it was meant to happen.

Jungkook moves further behind me and braces his chin on my one shoulder next to Hoseok. I put my hand on his thigh and smile. Then it happens. My eyes shift to Seokjin in the video and my lips twitch.

I try not to laugh but then Jungkook snickers. "Ah, Jin-Hyung to this day you still look like an Ahjae doing the y move."

That makes me burst out laughing as I bend over slapping his thigh. It's not really that funny but then he pointed it out and I imagined an older Jin Ahjae doing this move.
And I guess my reaction had caused a domino effect because I hear Hobi laughing and Jungkook's cute cackling too but as I look up, I find the real reason behind their entertainment.
Seokjin was doing that exact move with an exaggerated expression and I laugh again, turning to Jungkook who holds me to him.

Pinching my eyes closed, I laugh until there is no sound and he rubs my back. They really manage to make everything funny and it's really, really contagious.

"Are you crying?" Jungkook asks when I pull away, seeing my tears from laughing so hardly.

"Yeah." I take a deep breath and cough.

"I'm truly the funniest." The way Seokjin said it, the tone of his voice, cracks me up again.
I reach my hand out to give him a high five. You've got to love his confidence.

"Ah, our baby is crying." Hoseok coos. "Why is our baby crying?"

Jungkook turns me to him and smiles cutely, the sparkles bright in his eyes. He wipes my tears of joy and crinkles his nose.

Snap.

My smile immediately drops. "Ah, why does everyone love taking photos of us?"

"Wah, that scared me." Hoseok puts a hand to his heart at my outburst. "It's just a photo."

"I don't like photos." I whine and he looks unsure of whether I was being genuine.

"No, she loves photos, send it to me later Hyung."

I spin around with all the intention to glare at Jungkook when his manager steps over to us. The way he chooses to tell me to wait is by messing with the top of my hair.

Snap.

''I'm Jung Lovable Hoseok.'' He pushes air into his cheeks and makes the cutest most cringy sound before I can even say a word. I pat his arm and giggle.

A hand is placed on my lower back. I turn to Jungkook who is pursing his lips. "We have to go to the car separately. There are still a lot of fans outside." He explains.

I look at my watch. "Are we taking your car?"

"The company van." He clarifies and tells me the plate number. "You get in first and I'll follow a few minutes later."

I give him an ok sign and get my jacket back on. After that, I face the other two boys one more time. I raise a fist. "Hobi-Oppa mixtape fighting! Seokjin-Oppa filming fighting!"

"________-ie, Jungkookie, Bunnyfly fighting!" Hobi wishes us and I beam at him a little bit flustered. So, they talk about us.

"Bye bye, Youngest." Seokjin says sounding pleased with himself. "Next time, I will beat you at Mario Kart."

"Forget it! Not happening!" He definitely reminds me of my brother. I never wanted to lose to him. "Next time, I will just kick you out of the frame with the shel—"

My mouth is muffled by someone pulling me away and it's Jungkook who has that same face as before while I was talking to Hobi.
Did I go too far? But when I peek at Seokjin I see him grinning secretly with Hoseok. What did I miss again?

"Hurry, your dad is waiting." Jungkook's hands shift to my neck, urging me out the open door as the manager was waiting once more.

I rub my head and glare at him as I walk out. What's with him?

Before I leave the building, I pull the hood up, the two interviews still working hard at catching artists to talk to.
Just as I was told, I walk to the very front of the premises and get into the car already waiting a little bit further away where no one was watching and greet the driver timidly.

He then drives closer to the direct entrance of the parking space and waits. I put the seat belt on and wait. Not long after, the roars and screams of fans can be heard.

It might be surprising how I'm not getting upset over having to do this. Lee has told me that this isn't something that just I have to do. This is something they have to do when they are on their own too.
Jungkook already did the most he could. The fact that he told his fans so confidentially about my existence is more than I could ever hope for at this stage of our relationship. They might not know who exactly I am or what I look like, but they know that such a person in Jungkook's life exists. And that is more than enough.

A few seconds later, I make myself look like I'm part of the seat as the door is pulled open and Jungkook comes in holding two of the tarts I bought.

I help him hold them as he buckles up and then I give them back to him. But he shakes his head. "One is for you."

I once more soften at his thoughtfulness but shake my head. "I'm allergic to peaches."

Jungkook stares blankly, blinking a few times before he takes the one peach off of one of them and eats it. "There, now you can eat it."

That's what I would have done in the comfort of my home and privacy but for him to do it for me and not feel weird… my heart was overheating.

"Wait, so you were holding these just like that while walking past your fans?"

"Yes." Jungkook glances at me briefly but then does a double take, smile widening. "Ho, ho, ho."

I frown. "What?"

He smiles cheekily. "Now, you look like Santa wearing a gorilla costume."

"Ya!" I reach out to hit him but he catches my hand and aligns our palms together, slipping his fingers between mine.

"My gorilla." Great. Now I'll even like being called gorilla.

* * * * * *

"Be careful, Dad, there is a step here."

"I have cancer not visual disabilities." Her father jokes. Jungkook knows that she doesn't like this kind of humor but her father had told him in one of his visits that this way he can make his sickness seem less of worrisome.

"I know. Your eyes weren't looking at the ground so I just wanted to warn you." She says grudgingly and he can hear that she indeed wasn't pleased about his humor.

After getting into the van, the two of them headed to the hospital and gotten her father home after being discharged.
He insisted on walking instead of sitting in the wheelchair which she had been displeased by but agreed to because she didn't want to decline his any wish.

Jungkook closes the door after the privately hired helper walks in, carrying a bunch of bags. She used to be a nurse and always glares at him when he offers to help. Why don't people ever let him help them? He wants to help.

"Aunty, can you bring father a glass of water?" ________ asks but Aunty is busy unpacking the stuff so Jungkook quietly tells her to let him do it.

"So, this is where you've been living." Her father muses aloud, his head turning left and right in wonder.

"Yes." She looks up when Jungkook approaches and takes the glass of water from him. She pats the spot next to her but she is still wearing her gorilla coat so Jungkook puts his hand on the collar to help her take it off.
He takes her coat and hang it up, offering to do the same with Aunty's jacket.

"—lives with his girlfriend…" Her father trails off, Jungkook only hearing the latter part as he returns.

"Jieun-Eonni, yes." She reminds him and puts her hand on his back. "Are you ok, Dad? Do you need to rest?"

Her father waves away her concern and smiles softly. "My memory is just bad, it has nothing to do with my cancer. If I didn't see Jungkookie so much I would forget him, too."

She glances up at Jungkook with a sheepish, embarrassed smile but he gets her father's humor. "If you forget me who would play chess with me?"

"You play chess?" She stares as if it's completely out of character. "With my dad? How come no one told me?"

"It was while you were gone." Her father pats her knee. He is a very indulging, doting father. "I'm teaching him the tricks and loops."

"Great, that means I shall never play with him." Jungkook sits down next to her and pokes her slightly. She jerks and shoots a glare his way. "He's already so good at everything."

"That makes me happy and relieved." Her father drinks a bit of water and even that looks painful. Jungkook's heart tightens. "But why are we here? Didn't you go to my home to prepare everything?"

"Dad… can't you stay with me instead?" She is putting aegyo into her voice. "Like this, I can spend a lot more time with you."

"I don't want to be a disturbance. Looking at me probably isn't a good feeling either."

"What are you saying?" She sits up. "I'm happy to see you. After… after mother, all I want is to do things right and have no regrets. If you live with me, I won't have to worry about the neighborhood being too dangerous or the apartment not being big enough for your wheelchair. Dad, you staying here will take a lot of weight off of my shoulders and it's the best thing you could do for yourself now. The doctor said not to let you do any strenuous things. Even with Aunty, that won't be possible where you used to live."

Her father regards her for a long moment. "But if I live here what about you two?"

She looks at Jungkook. "What abut us two?"

"Won't I be in the way of your relationship?" Her father glances at Jungkook and he shakes his head quickly.

"No, of course not." She peers at him for confirmation for what she is about to say and he nods. "Jungkook-Oppa has his own apartment and if I really ever need some time alone with him, I'll just go to him. Dad, you'll never be in our way."

Her father thinks for a moment and probably says the first typical daughter's father thing ever since they met. "How convenient…"

If Jungkook were the type to blush openly he would be doing it now, instead he just feels ever so slightly guilty. But only a little.

"Yes," she says happily, so it won't further shift toward that topic. "Also, there is a fishing place nearby. Once you've focused on getting better, I'll take you there."

"What about golf?"

"Golf, only when you really get better." It's kinda cute how she is treating him like a child. But it seems like the saying is true that the parents will take care of their children and once they are gown up they will take care of their parents in return. Sick or not.

"But… Isn't someone missing?" Her father suddenly questions.

She looks over her shoulder at Jungkook, eyes glazing over with worry. "Dad…. Brother is in the military."

"I know, I'm not that forgetful." Her shoulders relax. Her father smiles. "I meant your dog, Dobo."

"Bobo." She corrects gently and scratches her head. "Bobo is at Jungkook-Oppa's apartment. I thought I would let you two meet after you have settled in more, he is a very active puppy."

"But I wanted to meet him." Her father actually whines.

"You will," she dotes patiently. "Once you are better."

"I don't think I want to live with you." Yeah. Definitely the roles have changed.

"That might be but I want to live with you." She keeps reinforcing to let her father know he really is welcome to stay. "If that makes you feel better, Jieun-Eonni is coming later to meet you officially."

"As my daughter-in-law?" Her father smiles brighter and even sits straighter.

"Maybe? You ask her." Her smiles matches her father's. As long as her father is happy she will be.

Jungkook glances at his watch. This is an important day for her and her family but he has to drive back soon. He wished he could stay but the discharge had taken longer than anticipated. It's time for him to prepare for the upcoming nomination interview.

"Will I be sleeping on the couch?" Jungkook almost chuckles at her expression. As if that is ever an option. "I was just joking."

"Dad, you will have your own room. I cleaned it up nicely." When did she have time to do that? She really managed her time well. No wonder she didn't want to wake up.

Together they walk into the spare bedroom which now looked like a new guest room. She had removed all of her personal belongings and kept the decoration to a minimum. Even the shelves were empty.
"Some things might have to be moved but I guess we will figure it out as we go along." She explains while her father sits down on the bed.

He looks up at her. "Thank you, ________."

Jungkook standing at the door, watches as she takes his hand into hers and sits down next to her father. His eyes are moist and most likely hers are too. Giving father and daughter a moment, Jungkook walks out and helps out where he can, or rather where he is allowed to.
Aunty seems to be someone who doesn't like her work interfered with. She is passionate about her job as she was already cooking and brooding some soup and dish for later tonight.

A few minutes of him standing a bit away to give her some space and watch her in awe, he feels two hands against his sides. "If you have to leave, you can leave."

"Hm?" He pulls his eyes away to meet her loving expression. "Oh, yeah, I have to."

"It's ok." She pats his side. "Go, before you are late."

Jungkook nods and goes to explain to her father that he has to leave for the broadcast now who only smiles in excitement and starts yelling for his daughter to turn on the TV for his performance.

He then walks to the foyer to find her squatting down to search for something in her bag. He gets his jacket out and slips it on.

"Jungkook," she calls absentmindedly. "Can you give this back to Taehyung-Oppa?"

"What is it?" He can't help it, his jealousy awakens ever so slightly. He might have let it shown earlier with Hobi and Jin.

"When you left for recording that night, we were playing for so long, my eyes started to hurt and he gave me his gla—" she peers up and blinks upon seeing his expression. "Why do you look like that again?"

"Like what?"

She stares but continues. "He gave me his computer glasses but then he left for filming and I left the building without realizing that I was still wearing them."
She stands up and shows him a familiar black leather box. "Please, tell him sorry and also thank you."

He stares at the object in his hand but has his attention averted when she grabs his chin and presses a kiss to his mouth. "Stop sulking, Oppa."

He can't help it. And it's not even that he envied their friendship or had anything against it. To the contrary, he is happy that she seems to love them as much as he does. He just isn't used to not having her undivided attention. 

"Now, go, you're going to be late." To enforce her command, she smacks his loudly which makes him smile again. She grabs a few bags and walks to the kitchen before peeking her head around the corner. "Bye! Fighting! We'll be watching you."

Jungkook's grin widens. "Bye bye."

"Bye!" Her father yells from his room.

Now, Jungkook laughs. They really are an endearing bunch.



— — —

TOMORROW IS THE DAAAAAAAAAAY aaaaaaaah I'm going to see bangtan tomorrow *wipes a tear* it's also my first concert ever *wipes another tear* I feel so unprepared but as the same time I don't know what I should prepare haha all I know is that I'm going to bawl, we will have a red rose army bomb ocean project for tomorrow TTTT so excited but also nervous, I've never been to that concert venue but I guess I'll be fine... right?

BANGTAN IS GOING TO THE BILLBOARD AWARDS AAAAAAAAAAH so many reasons to scream!!!!! I'm so excited for them to see all the performances and see all these people that they probably admire from afar just like we do them. They might not perform but this will still be an amazing experience for them. i really hope everyone treats them well and I'm most excited for their red carpet looks, I hope the stylist goes all out.

I should really sleep but instead I'm wide awake. I still have to write the letter to them... oops ok I really gotta go bye bye ^^