Appeal

like a butterfly~

Jungkook was getting his eye make-up done when he hears her voice. He peeks one eye open to search for her and finds her shaking someone's hand, a guy's with a bright smile on his face. Since he is the type to get jealous, Jungkook can't help but watch them.

"How did you know I work here now?" The guy, a hairdresser asks.

''I didn't.'' She sounds sheepish.

Jungkook has to close his eyes but he can hear them clearly. ''Are you here for a haircut?''

''No, I still go to Lee's salon. Actually, I'm here for someone.'' He hears the slight hesitation. Maybe he should tell her that he wouldn't mind if she introduced him as her boyfriend like he had done earlier.

"Are you here for me?" Jungkook can't help but open his eyes at the guy's blatant flirting. He only notices now how she had changed partially. She was still wearing his sweater, now the way she had planned before but changed out her heels for white sneakers. She looks cute.

''No...''

"You remember that date you promised me?" Jungkook almost coughs. Are people really that forward these days?

"I do, but I said if I'm still single."

"Aren't you?" The guy was being overly flirty and Jungkook was fighting the urge to watch them again.

"No, I have a boyfriend." He finds himself smiling. ''I'm sure you'll find someone else to have a date with.''

''You promised.'' Uhm, hello? She has a boyfriend.

''Ey, you really took me serious? Sorry...'' Her voice gets closer. "You should get back to work, I need to go."

"You want to get rid of me?" Will he ever give up?

"Something like that." Her light voice makes it sound less blunt. "Goodbye."

The next time he hears her voice, it's much closer, right behind him. "Good morning."
Popping an eye open, he sees her greeting the make-up artist and then she sits down on the empty chair next to him where Namjoon had sat before.
She scans her own face in the mirror and gathers her hair back before dropping it again. "I look so tired."

"You look pretty." She does. She always does.

Without looking away she responds. "Don't lie."

"I'm not, ask Hyung." Jungkook looks at his make-up artist. "She's pretty, right?"

"Yes she is." That makes her laugh, finally turning his way while crossing her legs. "Now, stop fidgeting, I couldn't do anything because you kept staring."
People are so quick to betray him.

She looks at him now. "What's there to stare at?"

"You."

''Me?'' She bites her lower lip sheepishly. "You saw that?"

''Eoh,'' he opens his palm up and as soon as she sees she puts her hand into his. ''I guess I am lucky.''

She gets his words. ''Ey, he is totally not my style.'' She glances over her shoulder after she realizes how loudly she just said that. So cute. ''I mean, since he's not working at Lee's salon now, I don't think I would have seen him again. And even then...''

''I know.'' He squeezes her hand. He wasn't insinuating anything yet she still explained. ''Lee has her own salon?''

''Oh, no, she doesn't but she's been working there for a year now whenever she is free from her work at the company.'' Her hand is cold again. ''That's how I know so many singers. Whenever I came back for a visit, I would spend most of my time there. That's how I met Seungkwan, Bobo peed on his bag.''

Jungkook can't help but laugh.

''Don't laugh!'' She slaps his leg lightly. ''Do you know how embarrassed I was?''

''Do you know?'' Jungkook asks her back.

''What?''

''You're too cute.''

Since he can't see her, he can't grasp her reaction but he feels it as he feels a light sting on his thigh again. "Stop it."

"Never." Jungkook murmurs and squeezes her fingers. "How did it go?"

She is quiet for a few seconds but he hears her deep breath. "I signed the papers and then talked to the doctors and also had to talk my father into getting the surgery. That's why it took me a bit longer. I also went home to change."

She sounds exhausted and after a night of alcohol, having to deal with this must be hard. "You want to stay home today?"
Although she yawns, she also says no. "Then are you hungry?"

"Oh my, yes. I'm starving, it felt like I was going to collapse in your car." Her voice makes him smile. "Is there a cafe near here?"

"There is no need." Jungkook is free to open his eyes now and his make-up artist moves to set his hair once more. She had braced her chin on her knee, eyes keenly focused on his hair. "I brought you breakfast along."

She perks up in her leaned over position and looks excited at the news. "Oppa is the best."

Straightening up further she looks around the salon. "It's in the bag over there, although it's not warm anymore."

"Still going to be delicious." Pushing to her feet, she walks or more skips over and brings the bag over. "Food."

Jungkook laughs at her exhilarated voice and watches her eyes light up when she opens up the box filled with delicious pastries and other food.
"You can get coffee inside." He tells her and she looks around with a frown. ''Or wait, I'll get it for you in a minute.''

She smiles at him and glances at his hair. ''You colored your hair?''

''You noticed?'' They had only dyed it back to dark brown. She nods cutely while taking a bite. "Aren't you cold?"

"Nope, it's really nice out." She took a big one so her cheeks look like a chipmunk's. He smiles. "It's really delicious."

"Then eat more.''

She breaks apart a wooden chopstick and picks up a chicken cutlet but instead of eating it herself, she holds it in front of him. "Ah."

"I already ate." She keeps insisting to the point that even the make-up artist is smiling. How to resist her? "I'm in a diet, you know."

"What? Why?" She looks and sounds horrified at the idea.

He opens his mouth anyway and lets her feed him. "Comeback."

"You don't need to diet, you look great as always." Has it always felt so nice to be complimented by someone? "You know your fans will be sad to know that you feel like you need to diet."

"Is that so? How about you? What do you feel?"

"I'll feel— I just said what I feel. Couldn't you tell how horrified I was?" She looks at him with a frown. "You know I always thought the best way is the healthy way. I always said I like you just the way you are."

Just then Jimin comes in from the other room joined by Yoongi and Taehyung.

"Oh, hello." As usual she stands up and bows. It's then that he sees that she is actually wearing shorts underneath his sweater. "Oh, you look handsome."
They had gotten their make-up and hair done in the other room.

"You also look cute," Jimin gives a cheeky smile. "I think I've seen that sweater somewhere before."
She looks away and smiles to herself.

"No Bobo today?" Taehyung asks with a pout.

"Bobo..." She begins. "Bobo is with a friend. You might get to see him later.''

Having the signal that his hair is ready, Jungkook stands up to his full height and is amazed at how much power heels can give someone because she looked more gentle and youthful.
She, too, steps back, taken aback by his height. "Are you intimidated, Cutie?"

"Why would I be?" She leans over to take another pastry and moves away from him. "You're even more of a muscle pig then I remember."

Jimin and Taehyung snicker, while Yoongi walks off with an entertained grin. They had always liked her teasing and playfulness. "Well, I gotta keep up an image."

She give him a look. But she walks further back when he approaches. For a second she glance at his Hyungs but then decides to just continue retreating.
"What do you want?" She's glaring now. "Go sit down."

Without answering Jungkook chases her a few more steps until they're out of sight from the others. "I'm done, ________."

"Oh." Her gaze changes and Jungkook wonders what she usually sees when they're looking at each other, because it's not this. This look is focused on his outer appearance only. "You look really handsome."

As she is not retreating anymore, Jungkook slips his arm behind her waist carefully wondering if he should be so forward with her already but then he remembers the happy moment in his studio when she had beamed at him, confirming their relationship. "What's your favorite part?"

"All." She says while standing on her toes to look over his shoulder. She is still holding her bread.

"If you could choose one?"

"You." She says it with the same tone he had earlier. "Do you like that answer?"

"I don't." He pulls her closer almost in a nudging way for her to answer already. It feels good to be able to finally hold her.

"You know what I like about you, I've mentioned it before."

"One more time." His eyes never leave hers.

"Mhm, Oppa's voice, I like." Her eyes are genuine but also scared of revealing too much. She doesn't like to give too much of herself away, but here she is doing it for him. "Eyes, I like. Nose, I like. Lips, I like. Dimples, I really like. Ya, doesn't this sound like something I've told you before?'' She smiles sweetly as she pats his shoulder. ''But the one thing I cherish the most is your heart."

That same heart is beating like crazy at her confession. How can such simple words cause him to fall so hard? It's not like he hasn't heard it before.

"Mhm, are you satisfied now?" She says with a teasing voice and taps his nose cutely. Her smile is everything. "Can you let me go now? I need my coffee."

"I will never let you go." Bending down Jungkook clamps his arms tighter around her and lifts her up into the air. "I'll be your transportation."

"How come everyone wants to carry me?" But she's laughing with him as she wraps an arm behind his neck. "Everyone is looking."

"Let them." He hopes that the guy from earlier is looking, too. "Let them see how happy we are."

"Then hurry, you said you will get me coffee."

"Yes, ma'am." Jungkook will do anything for her. Now, that he can, he really will.

* * * * * *

"Eonni!" I wrap my arms around Yejin when I see her backstage.

"________-ah, you're here?" She glances around me. "Where is my boy?"

I pout and cross my arms over my chest. "Everyone is asking for Bobo more than me."

"It's because I see you all the time." She laughs and pats my head. "And every time I see you, you're with him."
I follow her eyes and see Jungkook lifting up his shirt to fix his mic. Quickly, I look away.
"Ya, you're really shy. That's so cute." She smiles. "Stare all you want, I'm sure he likes it."

"Shhh, don't give him any ideas." I murmur. "He's doing fine on his own." In fact, he looks so good today that I had a hard time not staring. There is just something about his fitted white shirt and dark jeans that I liked too much. Where did the Jungkook go that loved to wear big sized shirts? Looking at his physique, he probably grew out of them.

"God, you two are so cute. It makes me feel old."

"Eonni, you are ol—" I swerve away before her hand can whack me.

"I'm not old!" Throwing my head back in laughter, I crack up even more when she stalks off to take her mic off.

"I love you, Eonni!" I shout.

Fascinated, as it was my first time being so close to the stage, I observe and take in a much as I can. I feel a little bit more at ease because this concert is taking place inside a stadium. Aside from staff and artists no one else seemed to be here yet.

"Booh!" I turn around to see none other than Seungkwan, the other members not far behind.

"See, I told you I saw her earlier." Hansol says.

I shake their hands. "Is Lee here, too?"

Seungkwan shakes his head. "She was supposed to but she called in sick."

I frown at that. She never calls in sick. Something must be really wrong. Or she was still very upset.

"Noona, why are you here?" Chan asks with a curious glance around.

"Eh..." I trail off while my eyes search for Jungkook. He had disappeared to somewhere. We hadn't talked about his friends yet, if they could know or not.

"You're blushing." Hansol states the obvious. "Are you here for us?"

"Eh, no..." My eyes find Jimin but still no Jungkook. I quickly look away when Hansol turns to look too.

"Do you have a crush on Jimin-Hyung?" He observes wrongly. "You keep looking at him."

Seungkwan steps in to save me. "Yayaya, go get ready. Don't delay the others."

"You get ready too." Hansol snaps back while Chan just turns to follow as said by his Hyung.
The three of them leave me alone but not before I catch Seungkwan giving me a meaningful smile.
He obviously knows more than them. He sees me all the time and sees me with Jungkook all the time.
It's not a surprise but I'm still surprised.

A hand touches my elbow. I look up at Jungkook. He had spoken but I didn't catch it so I lean up. "Are you sure you're not cold?" He catches my hand to gauge it for himself.

"You know if you hold my hand like that, everyone is going to know." Jungkook leans down some more, my lips brush his jaw. I pull away flustered to see his contented smile. "You totally did that on purpose."

"Yes." Shameless, he grins and just takes my whacking. "And it's ok, you'll see for yourself. A lot of people are actually in a relationship."

"Ah, really? Who?"

Eager to know if it might be anyone that I know, I hold my ear out when he leans in. "You and I." Then like the sneaky little that he is, Jungkook pinches my cheek. Laughing, he avoids my hand and walks off when some staff calls for him.
Yejin waves at me and I wave back. She leaves the stage finishing her part of rehearsals.

Not long after I feel a pat on my lower back. "________."

"Hm?"

"It's our turn now." I smile and nod. All seven members walk on stage and I wish I could sit in the audience seats to see their charismatic gazes but this will have to do for now.

My eyes are glued to the powerful yet controlled movements of the dance line and I am really happy and proud to see Seokjin perfecting the moves as well. He is so hardworking.
I am biased, though, so I end up staring at Jungkook solely. He is so charismatic on stage and even though the rehearsal version isn't as fierce as the actual performance, there is no denying the muscle memory he has. I have always been particularly fond of his soft hair flopping back and forth from the forceful popping.

All too soon they finish their set. I really need to go to their concert again.

"________." I look at the owner's voice and am totally taken aback to see Sungmin.

"Oh, Oppa." Is this a KBS show? "I didn't know that this was a KBS broadcast."

"Why? Don't you want to see me?" His eyes move to the stage and I guess that he saw it all. Hard not to when you're kind of on display.

"No, it's just..." Actually, yes. I'd rather not see him as he might tell Jieun and she my brother. I'd prefer to do it myself.

"Don't worry, I will keep my lips shut." His voice seems tense. "Although, I worry. There is going to be a lot of backlash at you and him."

"I know."

"You know and still?" His exasperation is clear now. "It's more stressful and exhausting than you think."

I wonder what he will think if I tell him that I already experienced it before. But he doesn't need to know that. "I'm aware." And I trust Jungkook and I trust myself this time that I will be able to deal with it.

"You're not going to change your mind, are you?"

I turn to him now in all seriousness. "No, you know I'm not someone who makes hasty decisions and I'm also not going to change my mind only because you tell me to."

We stare at each other for a few more seconds before he storms off. What's wrong with him lately? I thought we were good before.
Pushing my irritation back because I didn't want it to affect my day, I turn away and sigh.

Seungkwan hesitates but steps over to me anyway. "Are you okay?''

"Hm, I guess so. I guess I will have to get used to it." I run my fingers through my hair. "A lot of people are going to disapprove from now on."

"There will always be that few people, but last I heard ARMYs are a really understanding and loving fandom."

Last, I remembered I got attacked by a saesang. But that doesn't represent all of them, does it. I should remember that.
"I hope so." Running my fingers through my hair, I sigh again. "Ah, now my mood in gone."

"There is a food stand upstairs near the hall on the first floor where the artists' resting rooms are." He says as if that will make me feel better. "You said it, food makes people happy."

"You actually listen to what I say?" I poke at him playfully. "That's fascinating."

"If your boyfriend wasn't right here, I'd hit you right now." I guess that will change others' behaviors towards me.

"Does he seem intimidating to you, Jungkook-Oppa?"

Seungkwan looks at me as if I've lost it. "You do know that he is the most polite and humblest person, right?"

It's a relief to hear, at least it makes me feel like I'm not overly biased on my view of him. "Agreed."

''I guess I'll see you around.'' He nods behind me and I don't have to look to know that Bangtan are coming back from the main stage.

Jungkook and the members first go to discuss and adjust their mics and I wait, loving seeing him do his job so passionately.

I pull the sleeves of the sweater lower to warm my hands and stretch my back, feeling a yawn pushing its way up. I really need to catch up on some sleep. My brain was still reacting slower than usual.

Jungkook looks up after putting the mic down and looks for me. As soon as he finds me he smiles.

''Why are you standing here by yourself?'' He says after walking over and puts his hand behind my back to guide us back to the building.

''I was admiring your stage presence.'' I answer honestly even though he was only asking rhetorically. ''You're really so charismatic.''

''To be honest, I only took it more serious because I knew you were watching.'' We climb the stairs.

''Ah, then, thank you. My eyes feel really refreshed right now.'' He has to laugh at my choice of words. It feels really fulfilling to make him smile, have I mentioned that?

I glance over my shoulder to see if the rest of Bangtan are coming as well. "What do you do now until the broadcast?"

"Sleep, eat, play, sleep and sleep some more."

"That's a lot of sleeping." I play with my sweater paws. "Ah, right. I wanted to ask you if you talked to Joon today."

"No, I haven't. Why?"

"It's just...." Maybe I should call Lee. "Oppa, can I use your phone? Mine ran out of battery."

"Sure, but you can charge it in the waiting room, too."

"Oh, that's good. I'm worried, Lee doesn't usually take a day off." I tug on his elbow. "Was she very drunk last night?"

Jungkook scratches the back of his neck. "I don't know, you were alone when I found you... In the middle of the street."

"I— what?" That's it. I'm never drinking ever again. "That's weird I usually don't behave like that when I'm drunk."

"You're... funny when you're drunk but also more..."

"Embarrassing? Moody? Childish?" Yeah, I know.

"Cute, you're cute."

I just can't withstand his cheesiness. I curl my hand around his elbow. "Stop it."

I know he sees the coy smile I'm trying to hide. ''How is your hand? You got the bandage changed.''

''Yeah, it got a little dirty at the bar.'' I hold up said hand. ''It's not easy driving with only one hand.''

''I will drive you from now on. Isn't that what you always wanted?''

I blink at him. Is it? ''Wah, you really remember all of it.''

''Of course, you're my first love. I should remember.''

There goes my heart. Jungkook says the most romantic things sometimes.

When a few other groups come our way, I slide my hands behind my back and bow politely. The same atmosphere as always settles after these actions and it all feels so nostalgic.

But Jungkook doesn't let it stay as he slides his hand along my arm to get to my hand and holds onto it firmly. "I said I am going to protect you this time, right?" I nod my head and take in his reassuring eyes.
"I'll start with protecting your heart. Feeling like you have to hide must be painful, right?"

When it seems like he is waiting for my response, I nod my head again ever so timidly.

"So I want you to do whatever you want wherever you want." I can only gape at him. "Take my hand if you want, get my attention if you want. If you need the reassurement just let me know. I'm oblivious sometimes, I tend to miss things or don't pay attention."

I think he's pretty amazing.

"So, please just do whatever you want to do whenever you want to and don't think of anything else." As he ever so often likes to, he lifts his brows. "Just do it, you can even kiss me if you want."

I smile at him, lovestruck and wrap my other hand around his arm. I find myself loving to feel him. 
I open my mouth to answer when I feel someone's arm being thrown on me.

"What are you two talking about, huh? It seems like I'm missing all the fun." Jimin had pulled us apart by wiggling himself between us, throwing his arms over both our shoulders. "You two are always in your own world."
I look at the ground sheepishly.
''We haven't seen ________-ie in so long, shouldn't it be our turn now?''

''No, Hyung, that's not right.'' Jungkook argues back. ''Because of that I have to take my time. Also, who said that ________-ie even wants to see you? I'm her favorite.''

I snicker and look away. Why are they being so cute?

''Is that true?'' Jimin looks at me now and the words get stuck in my throat. I can see now why their fans call him Mochi.

''Ah, eh...'' I push my hair back. ''That...''

''Don't interrupt their time together!'' Jin suddenly scolds and not a second later Jimin is dragged backwards.

I giggle as I see Jimin protest. I know that they are trying to be funny for me so I feel more comfortable around them like I used to and it means the world to me.

While watching them a bit more in amusement my hand subconsciously reaches out for Jungkook. I put my hand back around his elbow and he put his into his pocket to make it easier for me.
I feel shorter today, without my heels. When I had stood in front of him today I had felt a sudden rush of attraction. I've obviously always been very attracted to him but I hadn't let myself admit to them before also my emotional connection was always in the forefront.

I blame it on him, of course. Why does he look so handsome today?

Arriving at their room, Jungkook leads me in and stops in front of a bunch of charging cables. "Here, just choose one that fits."

Searching my bag, I take my phone and squat down to attach the charger. I message Lee after waiting a bit to turn it on.

'are you alright? I heard you didn't come to work'

Surprisingly her response comes in an instant.

'aside from the raging headache I'm great! and I'm here, just arrived'

'what? Kwanie said you stayed home'

'I wanted to but I felt like killing someone, so I left and called back in'

I frown at the situation. It seems like a bigger mess than I imagined.
I was typing my next message when Jungkook squats down next to me."There is a mat behind you now, you can sit down."

"Huh?" Distracted, I glance behind me and see a thin mat on the ground. "Oh, thank you."
Plopping back cross legged, I finish the message.

'which room are you in? I'll come find you'

Jungkook sits down next to me. I put my phone aside for now and look at him. With his legs stretched out and arms resting back, you would think he is at a photoshoot.
He looks at me intently before he moves. I watch him as he shifts and puts his head on my leg. His hair tickles.

Squirming, I push his head off, my face somehow feeling the need to warm up. "Why are you blushing?"

"I thought you said you miss things easily." For some reason he never fails to see me blushing. His responds is to grin cutely.

I take out the scarf I had packed and fold it into a big pillow. I put it on my now straightened legs and motion for him to go ahead.

Jungkook smiles contented after he has found a comfortable position and closes his eyes. "Ah, I missed this."
He said it quietly but nonetheless it makes my heart tighten. He still remembered.

"Is this actually as comfortable as you say it is?" I place my phone aside, waiting for Lee's reply, and brace my arms back, taking in his prince like features. "I much prefer my pillow."

Even sleepy, his smirk is too much. "It's really nice."

Not wanting to keep him from his resting, I don't continue the conversation but lift my hand to trace over his hair.
Today, it was set the way I like it the most. Swept over his forehead, it was parted softly, the bounce and volume giving him a boyish charm.

After some time his breathing turns deep and steady telling me that he has fallen asleep. It must have been tiring to deal with drunk me and then he also had to wake up early.
Careful not to jolt him, I lean back until I'm lying on the ground and yawn. It's surprisingly cozy on the mat and the quiet humming of other people's talking always makes me especially sleepy.

My phone vibrates next to me. It's Lee.

'later. I'm doing someone's make up and hair. maybe in an hour.'

I message with a thumbs up emoji and place the phone on my stomach, crossing my fingers over it. 
Before I join Jungkook in his slumber, I realize how nice it feels to fall asleep next to him.

It feels safe.



— — —

huehueuhuehuhue I will miss student kookie huehuehu even though I was so happy and excited for him to graduate highschool bc you know we all just want to get out of there, I'm feeling bittersweet now that I realize it's the last time I will see him in that yellow uniform. seeing a photo of him in school was the one reason for me to start writing FOR YOU in the first place, so ;;; it's very sentimental to me TTTT but I'm so proud of him!

also don't you just love how much of a family bangtan are? when I saw the press pics of ot7 I was soooooo happy and when jungkook then said they would go eat jajjangmyeon I almost cried and then when one of bangtan tweeted the photo I really cried haha.
I love how after so many years they still have that sense of tradition and sentimentality for each other. for them to go the same restaurant, take the same poses just shows how close they are and how close they are to us too. these are the things that make my heart feel all warm and cozy ^^

jungkook's graduation was as important to bangtan as it was to him, because as he said himself, bangtan basically raised him <3

lastly, bighit let me FITE YOU NOWWWWWWW I WILL BE BUSY TOMORROW AND WONT BE ABLE TO SCREAM AND IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DROP ANYTHING TOMORROW A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL FITE YOU SO I HOPE YOU DROP SOMETHING BUT I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT TODAY BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SCREAM TO MY HEARTS CONTENT aklsdjalskdjaskasjasd :) look how calm I am haha

P.S.: omgomgomgom it's happened!!! Jungkook is bloooond! I've been waiting since 2015 after TRB tour for him to go blond again and now that he is I feel very attacked but also sorry for his hair because... you know bleach... but I'm going to enjoy it... just a little bit... *whispers* I'm sorry Jungkook...