First Reminiscences

like a butterfly~

Pulling up behind Jieun's car, I stop the engine and can already see the back of the massive stage they had built up for the music show special.

"Is it the first time for you?" Sungmin asks with a teasing voice.

I nod. "Yes, the only stage I ever see is the one at the theater."

"You should get out more often. It's fun." He nudges my side as we follow behind Jieun who was busily talking to her employee.

"I'm out now and somehow I'm not having a lot of fun with you."

"Well, you're luckily because I can't stay long."

I squint because of the setting sun. "Blind date again?"

"Yeah, well, it's all because of you."

I give him a look. "You never asked me out."
We arrive at the backstage area and I'm not sure what I should do here once he leaves because then I'll be pretty much by myself.

"It's because I know you don't want me to."

"Good that you know. You're not my style." I had mumbled the last part but he must have heart it as he pushes my shoulder. It was so unexpected that I stumble sideways and almost into a staff member. Embarrassed, I advance at him with my hand raised when I see a familiar figure.

"Oh." Sungmin lowers his hand that was ready to block my hit to look at what had caught my attention.

"Is it Hyuna?" His love for Hyuna had no end. He even knows she is not on the setlist.

I give him a weird look and then walk over to Lee and give her a bag hug.

"Hey, girl." She pats my hand recognizing me at once.

"I didn't know you were working here."

"Me working here is less of a surprise than you being here."

"True." I pull away and face her instead. "If I'd known you were here I would have come looking for you earlier."

"You were at the broadcasting station the entire day?"

"Yeah." I look at her regretfully. "But luckily I had people to keep me company."

"Well, then you don't need me."

I laugh at her dramatic sulking. "Don't be like that, you're the best, forever and always." That as always makes her smile happily.

Some time later someone puts their hand on my back. "________." Sungmin starts off quietly. "I'm going now."

"Oh, ok." I smile and give him a quick hug. "Have fun on your blind date. I'll be rooting for it to be successful."

The look he gives me next is filled with sarcasm. "Thank you."

"Buy her flowers." I shout after him but he ignores me.

"He's handsome. You two should date." Lee says it with such ease that I laugh. "What? I'm serious."

"Didn't you hear? He's going on a date."

"Didn't you hear? It's a blind date."

"Don't you remember? I'm not interested."

Exasperated, she throws her hands in the air. "Aigoo, so stubborn."

"Just like you." I sass right back. "Just like you."

Her eyes widen suddenly, and when I follow her eyes she rushes to stop me. "Don't look."

I had already looked. "I already saw him today."

"What?" She exclaims. "You did? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Nothing happened." And then I recall that something did happen. He slept at my home. So, I give her a quick recap, never mentioning his name with all the people around us.

"That's so awkward." Is her only comment after I finish.

"It was." Then I remember the wallet I had found inside my car and tell her to keep an eye on where he goes, as I head to get his wallet.

A few minutes later, I'm back with Jungkook's wallet in my pocket following where Lee had directed me to.
Walking further away from the stage, I come across a parking lot similar to where I had parked my car at but this place was for the vans it seems. 
I couldn't spot any of the members. They were probably in one of them. Conflicted, I stand there for second because I could hardly go and knock on every single door.

Suddenly, I hear a loud commotion behind me and even before turning around I know it's Ailee and also Amber who I had met through Ailee.
"Amber!" I shout excitedly because it's been months since I've last seen her.

"________-ah, is that you?"

I skip over to her and give her a tight hug. "Where did you disappear to?" Amber lifts me up and just carries me. "I'm not a baby, you two, really."

"But you are like one to us." I was the youngest hence them saying that all the time.

Still being carried, I look at Ailee. "Eonni, didn't you say the performance is at 6?"

"Yeah, sorry about that but I think it's getting delayed." Jieun is probably going crazy about that. "Do you have somewhere to be?

"No." Although, I am starting to worry about Bobo. If I'd known I would have gone home for a few hours and then returned to watch the show. "I hope it won't be long anymore."

"It's all because of the rain." The sky was so beautiful right now.

"Will you please put me down now?" I pat Amber's shoulder. "I have two feet."

"Uh, baby doesn't like being carried." But she does put me on my feet.

"Eonni, are you performing, too?"

"No, I came here as a supportive friend."

"Ailee-Eonni has the best supporters." I laugh when Amber cheers.

I'm really lucky to have them by my side. That was sadly not always the case. But that's the past now...

~ ~ ~

After the performances, I was hoping to catch Jungkook who was still up on the stage with all the other artists. As I wait patiently, I drop my phone when someone jumps me from behind, followed by a loud laugh.

"You scaredy-cat."

I stare at the culprit in astonishment with a hand held to my racing heart. "Minhyuk? Why do you always appear out of nowhere?"

"You don't seem happy to see me."

"You scared me just now, of course I'm not happy to see you." I glare at him and see that people were starting to get down from the stage. "What are you doing here?"

"Having dinner with some friends and I knew you were here so, I decided to come and say hi."

"What time are you meeting them?"

"At 8."

"8?" I glance at my watch. "It's 8 already, Minhyuk."

"It's just across from here." Minhyuk pulls me in for a hug, taking me off guard. "Bye, Noona. See you at the photoshoot."

I push him away. "Go, before you lose more friends."

"Ok, bye." This kid is so weird sometimes, but he never loses hope and that worries me.

Returning my attention back to the backstage area, I see that everyone was almost off the stage by now.
Rushing over, I see Lee getting a hold of her artists. When she sees me she instantly points me into the direction where everyone was heading too. Not very helpful but it's a start.

Stuck in the slow paced crowd, I have to find my orientation once it clears out at the parking lot. I really dislike big crowds. 
Out of nowhere, before I can collect myself, a hand wraps itself around my wrist.

Just as always, I jump startled and look up. "Oh, I've been looking for you."

Unlike earlier inside the broadcasting station, Jungkook had changed for the performance and also got his hair and make-up done.
"Why were you—" Seeing that we were standing in the way, Jungkook pulls me away from the crowd.

I was looking back at everyone and catch the eyes of Lee and wave at her. I could see that she was worried, but I smile and wave for her to go on. It's not that dark, yet. And then we stop and I almost stumble into him but fortunately catch myself before I end up embarrassed.

Glancing up warily, I realize that his hand was still holding my wrist, and as he begins to notice that too, he lets go.

"I found your wallet." I reach into my purse and get it out, handing it to him with a small smile. "It was in my car."

Surprise flashes in his eyes as he takes his wallet and slips it into his back pocket. "Thank you."

"I found it earlier while I was bringing the box to my car." I look around him, something catching my eyes. The other Bangtan members. "But I couldn't find you."

"I saw you."

My gaze snaps back to him. "Oh, you did?"

"Yes, but I didn't know you were looking for me." It's his turn to look at something behind me. "Lee is looking at you."

"Huh?" I look over my shoulder. 'Looking' was putting it mildly, Lee was glaring. "Ah, Lee is just being... protective."
I shrug apologetically wishing that she would stop because she was making it worse.

"Are you going home now?"

I briefly check the time. "Yes, it's getting late."

"Is your car far from here?" Jungkook's eyes wander around the parking lot. "There are only vans here."

"It's not here," I throw my thump in the other direction. "There is a parking lot on the other side."

Biting his lip, he seems to be pondering something. "________."

"Yes?" I glance up into his eyes and have to blink a few times from the familiarity taking over my body.

"I—" Just like earlier today his shoulders drop, resigned. "Thank your for getting me my wallet."

I wonder what he really wanted to say. "Yes, no problem at all. I just wanted to get it to you since I don't know when I'll see you again."
My phone vibrates and I have a feeling it's Lee. What a nuisance she can be sometimes.

"I'm at the theater for the musicals regularly." So, he really has some business there.

"Oh, right. Well, still it's your wallet, you need it." My phone keeps vibrating, not being able to contain it any more, I frown and turn around to glare at Lee. It's definitely her, the glare of the screen light was illuminating her face "Sorry, I have to go now."
When I turn around to say bye, everything in me stops.

Jungkook is smiling softly and it's not the forced one he put on earlier. This time his eyes smile genuinely and I almost get lost in them like I always used to.
Dropping my eyes, they land on his lips instead and I remember how I always used to about how they reminded me of a bunny's.

Lowering my eyes completely, I look at my hands instead.

"________," since it's the polite thing to do, I force myself to look up at him. "Be careful."

It's just on the other side, but it's still nice of him to be caring. That hasn't changed, the circumstances were just different.
"Thank you, I will be." I slowly take a step back and wave my hands awkwardly. "Bye."
Timidly, peering at him one last time I spin around and walk over to a very impatient Lee.

"Will you stop glaring at him?" I swat her arm. "You're making this weirder than it should be."

"I don't like him."

I sigh, not this again. "Lee, it's been 4 years and how many times have I told you not to put the blame on only him."

"You needed him and he wasn't there."

I look over to where we had stood earlier. At least he was walking away now. "Stop it. It's not his fault, I was in the wrong, too. Now, if you continue discussing things from years ago, I'll get upset."

When she finally looks at me, I give her a serious look. Relenting, she doesn't talk any more about it and I'm glad because the more she talks about it, the more my mind will keep going to the past and right now since the past seems to be catching up with me, I really don't need to go searching for it myself.



— — —
hi.....I don't have anything to rant about so... bye :P