Friends

like a butterfly~

"It's so pretty!" I compliment Lee with as much enthusiasm as I can muster after already having seen a dozen of wedding dresses on her. My comment is nowhere near a lie. She does look exceptionally beautiful in white, it's just that we've been in this room for so long that I couldn't differ between 'pretty' and 'wonderful'.

Lee directs a dubious glance at me through the full mirror. "That's what you've said to all the gowns till now and how many has it been?"

The bridal dress consultant, who's been with us all this time, helping Lee getting into the gowns as well as giving advice, answers her question.
''Fifteen?'' Lee repeats, her soul leaving her face. ''How will I ever choose one?''

''Until now, all the dresses you have chosen are very similar in style. I've got a pretty good idea of what you prefer, narrowing them down to one won't be hard at all.'' The consultants explains articulately. She is so graceful with her movements. ''We let our future brides decide on their own first which dresses and how many they want to try on. This is the most exciting thing for most brides and a very personal and sensitive matter, but because it's usually the first time, it can lead to them feeling overwhelmed and even helpless. That's why we are here. Don't worry, we will find the perfect dress for you.''

I'm feeling helpless and I'm not even the bride but I have an even bigger responsibility as her maid of honor and best friend. I wanted this once in a lifetime event to go smoothly and perfectly.

I get up from the couch in front of the platform that they were currently on. Lee had come in and immediately wanted to see the dresses they had prepared for her. The excitement had left her face by now, in place was desperation for someone to take the wheel from her. ''How about we plan the ceremony first? We can always come back later and look at the dresses some more.''

''That's actually what I was about to propose as well.'' Our consultant agrees. ''It's good to take a step back and put yourself into another environment. You are free to come back after having a bit of an idea of what your ceremony is going to look like. Maybe you can get some inspiration from our florist as well.''

I glance at Lee. She heard everything but I can tell she just wanted to get out of this dress as quickly as possible by the way she was frowning down at it. ''Ok. Let's do this then. Could you please help her?''

''Yes, of course.'' Consultant and Lee walk further in on the platform and pull the curtain close to change.

"Shouldn't you be trying on gowns too, Miss Maid of Honor?" A much more relaxed Lee inquires almost cheekily after the consultant had walked out to put the dress back into its hanger.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I glance around the room. ''I honestly can't look at dresses anymore. I need a break.''

She scoffs. ''You just don't want to wear a gown.'' She is not wrong about that.

I tap my chin. ''You know, I've seen a few brides that change into three, four, five, dresses throughout the wedding. If you can't choose one, you could just do that. Since Joon's mother loves you so much I'm sure she won't mind.'' They are also really well of, so they probably won't even blink an eye at that request.

''Ha, no, please, not you, too.'' The curtain undulates before it's pulled back and Lee emerges, back in her own clothes. "That's exactly what my mom wants me to do." She crunches up her face. "If it wasn't for you, she would be here and making all the decisions for me."

''She just wants the most prestigious wedding for you. She is in a sense giving away her most precious.'' Lee's mother never warmed up to me again. Ever since that incident she avoided me as much as she could and without anyone ever saying it, I knew she tried to convince Lee to do the same. But even when I was in another country, my best friend was adamant about calling me every night even if one of us was sick. We would video call just to fall asleep together. She was the one that kept me connected to my homecountry even though it didn't feel anything like home at the time.

''I know.'' She mutters. ''But since Joon's family is paying for most of the ceremonial fee, I don't want to be mindless about it.''

''I really, really, don't think they would mind.'' I emphasize. ''Maybe they would even welcome the idea.''

''I know.'' She purses her lips before her expression lifts. "Oh, by the way, Joon's mother gave us a suite to spent in."

"For the wedding? Did you already set a date?'' How did I miss that?

Lee gives a short laugh. "No, not for the wedding. It's a one-night stay for tonight. It's a suite that has a Jacuzzi and even a swimming pool on the outside but I guess it's too cold for that. Anyway, Joon mentioned something about her wanting us to spend some quality time in a quality setting since we've both been so busy." There is a pause on her part as I hear my phone going off repeatedly and see a few messages from Jungkook. I smile at the same emoji he always sends as a conversation starter and type my response. ''I'm sure she heard about our fight.''

I giggle at something Jungkook sent.

"Hello?" Lee calls. "Anyone there? Wohoo! Ya, Babo"

"What?" I yell back, still not very fond of the nickname that has stuck since high-school. "You did this to me too when I was the third wheel."

"You and Joon were friends unlike me and Jung-J-J—" She stutters cutely. "You know who."

"You were friends too and if you would stop holding a grudge for four years, you would be friends now, too." I say simply. We've had this discussion a few times already.

"I'm not holding a grudge." She murmurs just as the consultant returns asking us to follow her. "And I'm inviting him tonight, am I not?"

"Your mother-in-law gave you the suite." I deadpan before I realize what she just said. ''Wait, you want us to come with you?''

''Of course,'' she says as if it's the only possibility. ''Joon and I would just sleep there and leave like it's our home. With you two there, we get to use all the benefits to it's fullest.''

I think that over. ''I've never been in a suite before.''

''You could take it as a mini vacation.'' We are asked to wait in the pretty lobby for the other wedding consultant to receive us. ''Is Minhyuk free? We could ask him to join us.''

Reaching over the small round table, I slap her shoulder. She is still hung up on the idea of Minhyuk and me becoming a couple. ''Stop it. Also, I'm pretty sure Minhyuk is dating my co-worker.''

"What?" She almost spits out in her haste. ''You're lying.''

"No, really." I look at her. "They are going out. I don't think it's that serious yet, though."

"Heol, he totally dropped his love for you just like that?" I am almost wounded at her tone, almost. "How long has he been loving you?"

"Stop, he didn't love me. I think part of it was just the idea of it and he got used to it and used me as an excuse for his mother. You should have seen it, he flirted with Soojung-Eonni right in front of me." I shiver. "I was shocked."

"Heol." She says again. "He really likes older girls."

I burst out into giggles just as we are asked to follow the employee into her office. Although, she excuses herself for a few more minutes.

"Isn't it weird how we never dated?" Lee asks pensively.

I peer at her strangely. "I've told you I love you but not in that way."

She turns to hit my arm. "You know what I mean, Babo." Oh, how I wish they could just magically drop this particular nickname for me. "I mean Joon and I and you and him never had the dating phase."

I think about that for a second. Hadn't we? Jungkook and I would coincidentally meet up but it was never a conscious act of dating. We became friends first and then just fell head first. I guess there was never time for dates.
"Hm, you're right." I purse my lips. "But since we're all still here, four almost five years later, I guess it was just meant to be and we were lucky that we met people that we instantly clicked with."

Lee regards me with her eyebrows raised with a look I couldn't place. Is it curiosity or wonder? She looks down at her hand before taking my hand. "You know the only reason I will accept him is because he is able to accept you with everything that you are."
I blink at Lee in surprise, not expected the topic to turn so heartfelt. "You know, it's not that I don't like him, but I know exactly what will try to come in your way and I don't want you to suffer any more. But I can see." She smiles at me softly. "You're committed and I haven't seen you be that carefree in a while. Just like four years ago, he is bringing you back."

I am once more rendered speechless. He is bringing you back. She reads and knows me better than I know myself. Becoming an adult makes time go by much faster. If you've changed, if you've become a different person, if you've become closed off, you won't know unless you stop and look at the people around you.

Lee hasn't changed. Joon hasn't changed. Jungkook hasn't changed. Even though adulthood has tainted each of us in its own way, we still carry that sense of youth and innocence in us. As for me, I've been keeping it away from the surface because for the longest time, it translated to vulnerability.

Sometimes, you just really need to pause and look. I squeeze Lee's hand. "Thank you, Lee."

She tilts her head to the side and smiles. "If you're really thankful then help me now, last time when I came here alone my head almost exploded from all the choices and decision I had to made."

"We've got thin, Twin." And I think this time we really do.

~ ~ ~

"Wuah, there is already so much snow on the ground." I gape as I look out from the entrance of the wedding studio that very much reminded me of the photoshoot studio Bobo and I went to. "It's so pretty."

"Isn't this the first snow of the year?" Lee looks over her shoulder from the counter.

"Oh, really, is it?" I press my face even more against the glass and spot two figures waiting outside. I focus on one more than the other. Jungkook really has a manly back profile. "Just in time for Christmas."

"Talking about Christmas," Lee joins me at the door but we stay rooted on the spot, reluctant to go out into the cold. "What are your plans?"

"Mhm, I'll just spend it with my father and Bobo. Probably going to visit my brother or if he manages to get out, we'll be together." After that one day, I still hadn't visited him. I really should. We should also spend time together as a family. My dad hasn't been able to stop talking about Jieun ever since they met.

"What about you and Jungkook?" She whispers so no one else would hear.

"He will be busy. He has a concert abroad and then I think he also has the year end performances." Watching him now standing outside in the softly falling slow, I wonder how he is even free today.

I feel Lee looking at me but she doesn't say anything. And I know what she is thinking, what she wanted to say. I know.
It's sad how we won't be able to spend our first Christmas and most likely won't see each other during New Year's Eve but the last few years these festive seasons haven't felt that festive. Maybe it's because I've either spent it alone or with my brother, they have rather become like any other day to me. 
As long as I get to be with Jungkook, I'm happy. We can make any day our own holiday.

She goes to open the door and I know by her face that she wasn't happy about his busy schedule. She is trying to be supportive though and I really, really appreciated it.
The worst thing that could happen is for me to have to take sides. That would break me more than any holiday that we wouldn't be able to celebrate together as a couple.

Seeing the fresh snow and their unsuspecting backs, I get Lee's attention, wanting to take her mind off of her worries. She nods, already having come up with the same idea herself. We make ourselves snowballs and I point at Joon while she nods at Jungkook. Like this, we most likely won't get in as much trouble.

Mouthing the countdown, we throw the snowballs but only one hits its target.

"Ah, I missed!" Lee whispers and we duck behind the cars when their heads turn.

"Why did you miss?" She begins to pull on my arm to get me to start moving since I hadn't been paying attention, my eyes cast down to form a new snowball. "Now I'm going to be the only one getting in trouble!"

"As if Joon will do anything, he'll just think it was me." Lee stops to lower her head to the bottom of the car. "Huh?"

"What? Where are they?" I check behind us to make sure we were still undetected.

"I can't see their feet."

"What?'' I take a look myself.

"Booh!"

We scream and scramble to our feet as we hear the sound coming from right behind us. How did they manage to sneek up on us like that?

Turning around, I take a look, see Jungkook and throw, probably missing which Lee confirms. "Ya, you missed!"

"You missed first! I'm just trying to fix what you couldn't do." I don't dare look behind me as we split up, which is always a bad thing to do. "Jungkook will kill me!"

"I'm sorry!" Lee shouts from somewhere. "You know my aim ."

The slippery soft snow did nothing to help us flee. More scared of falling on my face than of Jungkook, I get caught in no time. "Got you."

"No!" I fight Jungkook but have to laugh when he spins me around and I see the soft white flakes on a small portion of his hair. "I thought I missed."

"Lee got me the second time." He just looks at me with a joyful smile and I wonder what he is up to. "Should I tickle you as punishment?"

"No!" I grab his hands quickly before he has made a decision.

"No? Then what else do you absolutely abhor…" Without further discussion, Jungkook slips his hands under my scarf and against my neck.

I shriek from the sudden contrasting cold against my skin. I pull against his wrist but he keeps them there, chuckling at my dismay.
"You're evil, Oppa!"

Finally, I'm able to fight myself free by pushing him away and he actually skids back on the slippery ground. I hold my hand out to keep a safe distance between us while he just watches me as I crouch down to form a new snowball. He raises an eyebrow and does the same. Oh, no. I'm dead meat.

"Why are your hands so cold?" I ask in hopes to distract him and find the perfect moment to attack.

"I built a snowman before Joon came." His hands are red. ''I meant to show you before you rudely attacked us.''

A snowman? "Really? Where?"

Cutting off our eye contact, I look around the small parking lot when he strikes, barely missing and I don't know if he missed on purpose or if I was just really lucky.

"Ah, ya! That's unfair, I was distracted, we were having a conversation. Ya!" I scream when he lifts his hand to throw another one. "You're cheating!"

"You were cheating, too."

"That wasn't me, I aimed at Joon! Aish!" I keep my head low and try to find cover once again. Where is Lee? How come I can't hear her? We should have never separated. That's how people die in horror movies.

"Don't run away it's just snow." He laughs though and even though he hadn't hit me yet, the hint of evil made me shudder. "~I just wanna build a snowman~"

"Ah, that sounds so creepy right now, stop!" I slip between the parked cars and prepare for battle.

"Where are you, my cutie?" No wonder the others keep saying how scary he is. Jungkook can be really creepy if he wants to be. "Let me build a snowman with your body."

Fueling my will to win this, I gather more and more snow, making it bigger and bigger to the point where I couldn't even feel my fingers anymore.

"Gorilla?" Of course, he would notice that I'm wearing the same coat. But I'm pretty sure that even without it he would have no problem using that nickname.

I find Jungkook's car and lean against it keeping low and see his back coming into view. Getting some loose snow into my other hand, I toss the big ball against his back, avoiding his head and without further hesitation jump onto him and press the rest of the snow against his face. "Eat up, Jungkook!"

Jungkook taken aback by my attack, shakes his head and also leans forward making my heart drop low, expecting my head to collide with the ground. But at the last second he balances himself. He still slips causing us to fall onto the snow.

Out of breath, we lie there and only now do I realize how heavy the snowfall has become. My heart feels light as if it could spread wings and fly off. I turn my head and take in Jungkook lying peacefully next to me, blinking rapidly because of falling snowflakes. Jungkook faces me a second later. He smiles. I love him so much.

A few seconds later, we hear a loud thud and soon after Joon's cry for help follows. I snort and laugh, Jungkook does too and that's it, the laughing is loose and it seems like we can't stop.

Reaching out my hand as if to catch the snow, I exhale in contentment. "So pretty."

"Seriously, so pretty. I've always seen it in animations but never experienced it myself." Jungkook reveals breathlessly. Like he is in awe.

"Lying on the ground and watching the snow fall?" I ask and blink the snowflakes away.

"Yeah."

"Are you a romantic?" I ask teasingly but he turns his head to me and smiles.

"Yes." His eyes are truly one of the most beautiful. If he lets you, you will find the galaxy in him.

I suddenly wish I had paid more attention when Lee told me about her romantic to do list activities. There is one thing, I remember though. Rolling on my belly, I brace one hand on his stomach lightly not wanting to crush him and press a gentle kiss to his lips.
"Happy first snow day then." That's one romantic thing I know about. When I pull away he is smiling cutely. Yeah, if I can, I will fulfill all of his romantic scenarios he's seen from movies and animes.

"Now, get up. You're going to catch a cold." He is wearing a thin black topcoat with a thin turtleneck sweater not even bothering with a scarf. He lets me pull him up but he is only holding my arm while actually lifting his own weight.
I glance around, wondering where Lee had punished Joon at but I don't see them. She is probably still murdering him.

"You just fulfilled something of mine."

I look back at Jungkook, his head lifted to the sky. I really wanted to catch this moment right now. I take my phone out and take a few steps back. "Jungkook-ah, don't move, just keep being… handsome."

The corners of his mouth lift up bashfully and he looks up at the sky again giving me a few poses to capture. He looks like a prince.

"You have a list of things you want to do?" I pick up on that topic as I walk back to him.

"Not really…" He looks off. "But there were always a few things I wanted to experience."

"Like?" If one of them was to lie in the snow and watch it fall from the sky, then the other ones must be just as pure. If I can, I really want to help him experience them all.

But he doesn't get to answer as we see Lee and Joon walking our way.

"I'll tell you later." His smile is so innocent.

"Ok." I smile back. I want to learn all of his wishes.

~ ~ ~

A tap against my boot makes me look up from my phone and across the table at Jungkook. I raise my eyebrows in question but he just smiles at me tenderly. I return his affection with my own grin.

"The dessert here looks so good but I feel like I just had a handful of ice." Lee glares at Joon sitting opposite from her in the nearby BBQ place we decided to go to. Tea and cookies didn't do it for us ladies.

Taking it as a joke, I look at Lee next to me. "You, too?"

"Yes." She shoots a death glare at Joon. "You'd think he would spare me because I'm his fiancée but no, he still went and smashed a ball of snow into my face."

"Aw, really?" I inspect Lee's face with worry. "I thought your face was red because of the cold."

"Nope, my lovely fiancé did that." She angles her head. "Has it gotten worse?"

"A bit..." The width of the redness had shrunken but in place the color had gotten more intense. I look at Joon in exasperation. "How could you do that?"

"We were playing." He tries to defend himself but looks away when I glare at him.

"There is a limit to playing." I grimace. "Does it hurt?"

"Nope, not at all." She smiles suddenly. "I just want to make him feel terrible."

"Ah, yeah, he should. I would have never ok-ed the proposal if I knew he could be so careless." I pause. "Ah, wait, I already knew that. I'm sorry, that was my bad, but you know there is still time to—"

"Ya, I'm still here." Joon barks not liking being the center of mockery.

"Why are you?" Both Lee and I say at the same time, chin raised daring him to say any more.

"I think you should make yourself look really ugly for the wedding just because." I say pretending to hide my words but clearly speaking loud enough for everyone and their parents to hear.

"I don't think I can do that, I'm naturally gorgeous." She flips her hair back from her shoulder. I giggle at her vanity and see Joon leaning over to Jungkook to say something.

"You don't know but all these years they have been bullying me like that." I tune him out and roll my eyes at Lee who just shakes her head with the same sentiments.

"You know, now I understand."

"Understand what?" I ask, unwrapping the scarf from my neck, the heat of the grill getting to me.

"The hype over idols."

I snort. "What? You've been working for them for a long time, you should know."

"No, what I mean is, why fans end up loving them as much as they do." She clarifies.

"Why?" I never thought about it.

She turns to face me completely, a finger unnoticeable pointing at Jungkook. "He never hit you with a snowball, did he?"

"Eh? How do you know?" I question, impressed at how she knew him.

She brushes it off as if it's a known fact written down in the law. "Idols and actors are very sensefull. It makes them more guarded but also leads to a higher knowledge of what to do and what not to do."

"Like not to throw a ball of ice at your fiancée."

She snaps her fingers. "Exactly." We smile at each other, very close to giggles. 
"What might they be talking about?" Lee keeps a watchful eye on Joon.

"Not me for sure. Joon's face looks too happy." Jungkook's both hands were on the table, eyes focus on what Joon is saying.

"Not me either, he would have a sour expression if it was." I snicker under my breath. It's really amazing how they are still together and even engaged, but talk about each other as if they're enemies. Maybe that's exactly why they can. They're so close. At this point they know everything about each other. I can't wait for Jungkook and I to reach that state of comfortableness.

I peek at him seeing how he is scratching his head, conversing with Joon about games if I'm not mistaken.

"Lovey-dovey face alert." Lee makes a static sound. "Alert, alert, you're giving yourself away."

I snort and look away from Jungkook to push Lee lightly.

"You know, I don't know what idiot said opposites attract because both you and I are so similar to them." I think about that as she keeps talking. "You two are the quieter type while we are the more—"

"Noisy type." I say cheekily while she said 'hype type'. She hits my arm. "Ow! You two are noisy compared to us."

She stills. "You're right."

I feel another tap against my foot and look at Jungkook to see that they had stopped their conversation to watch us.

"Remember when we all went to the amusement park?" Joon asks suddenly going down memory lane. What is it about that day, that we keep thinking about?

"And you were too cowardly to sit in the front of the boat making me get drenched from head to toe?" I smile dryly. "Oh, yes, I remember."

"I did that so you two could get closer! You should thank me." Joon glares at me.

"I know that. I thanked you already by letting you marry my best friend." Joon and I always end up bickering.

"Wasn't it your birthday that day?" Lee quickly and smoothly distracts me because she knows we could go at it for hours.

Thanks to Jungkook using Brown, the big bear plushie, to reenact the scene, I actually remember. "Yeah, it was." I glance at Jungkook who had laughter in his eyes. He must find us really entertaining. I know he wanted to laugh out loud.

"Remember the event I did for you?" He smirks at me, teasing me about how I had a hard time figuring out what he was trying to do that night.

I poke my tongue out at him and say 'no'. But obviously I do. It's still one of the cutest things anyone has ever done for me. Thinking back, Jungkook really is a romantic and it's amazing how after four years of life experiences and hardships he still held onto that. I wanted to learn from him.

"I should have married an actor." Lee suddenly says. Why is this couple so random today? "Joon never does events for me."

"What?" Joon yells.

"He did the proposal." I say matter of factly. "He did buy out the whole Namsan Tower to propose to you and you cried very prettily, might I say and you said yes because you were so touched. I mean that's a pretty big event."

"That's right." Joon adds proudly and holds up his hand for me to high-five. I nod and our clap is loud. I got my bro.

"And here I thought you two were never going to ever agree on anything." Lee looks at us suspiciously.

I look at Jungkook again and he is just siting there with a contented smile. He seems to like to watch people's interactions when he himself isn't that close with them yet, same with my brother and my father. His eyes will dart between us and he will listen and laugh along. I guess because he wasn't there the last four years he still doesn't know what is comfortable to address and joke about and what not. But we will get there.

The food arrives and each of us start taking photos of the food rather than each other.

"Wouldn't it be funny if people followed all four of us and saw the same photo uploaded back to back." Joon grins.

I smile even though that's highly unlikely. "I'm not going to upload it."

"Why take a photo then?"

I glare at Joon. I don't know why but we always have this urge to nitpick at each other. "Why are you taking one then? No one follows you anyway."

"As if anyone follows you!"

"Its not like I post things to gain followers, it's for my friends."

"Ya, ya, ya." Lee meddles in in annoyance unable to take it anymore. "Don't be kids in front of me."
Joon growls at me, raising his fist as if to hit me and I jut my chin out at him. "My two children, eat, eat."

"Hold on," Jungkook intercepts suddenly and I realize that he had been taking photos of us this whole time. How embarrassing. "Let's take a group photo after so many years."

"Right, it's been so long since the four of us have been together." Lee notes and the sudden feelings of luckiness fills my heart.

"One, two, three." Jungkook counts down and we all make a V sign towards the camera, taking our first photo as the four friends from SOPA that still somehow managed to unite four years later even though our paths were so different.

"Remember how you used to be so grumpy whenever Lee ignored you?" I reach over to get Jungkook's bowl to fetch him some stew.

"Remember how you couldn't take your eyes off of Jungkook?" Joon counters and I'm sure he would uninvite me from the wedding if he could.

"I still can't, so what's the point." I admit before I burst out into snickers.

"Ah, someone save me, you are being too much today." Lee groans, crossing her arms.

"This is payback for all the years I've had to endure your cringeness." I peer at Lee to see her head falling back to giggle at the ceiling.

"Ah, this is so funny, I don't even have to talk and this is really entertaining." Lee's cheeks are flushed from laughing and she gestures at Jungkook, making an effort to include him for me. "Right?"

He nods with a very amused smile. "It's fascinating, you three are still the same."

"That's how we're still friends." I hand Jungkook his bowl. His eyes sparkle thankfully.

"You're biased." I glance up at Joon after preparing Lee's bowl and now his. "You scooped out all the delicious things for them! There is only soup left!"

"That's because I like them more!" I banter back and as we just keep going he is lucky I don't spill the stew over his head.

"Are they always like this?" I hear Jungkook asking Lee while I continue to defend myself against Joon who won't see the big piece of beef that I just put into his bowl as 'delicious'.

Lee sighs and I think she is shaking her head. "Yes, you won't believe me but it's worse sometimes. It's a wonder they were able to plan the proposal... Kids."

Both Joon and I glare at Lee and say the same thing. "I'm not a kid! He/she is the kid!"

Jungkook cackles, slapping his thigh from our entertaining.

"Don't copy me!" Joon and I say at the same time again. I bare my teeth at him.

Joon glowers at me. "I'm going to tell Jungkook about every little embarrassing thing you have done these years."

"Oh, you think that's a threa—" I get interrupted when Jungkook stuffs a dumpling into my mouth. I gape at him. Is he telling me to shut up? Is he taking Joon's side in this?

"Time to eat, Gorilla." Now, I glare at Jungkook and kick at him under the table. He winces and grabs his leg.

"Why gorilla?" Lee asks amused, laughing under her breath.

I take a bite from the dumpling and chew moodily. "I've been wearing the coat you got me and the first thing he saw me as was a gorilla so he's been calling me that." I ignore Joon's giggling.

"Oh, my Christmas gift from last year?" I nod. " It only took you a year."

I open my mouth to defend myself when Joon takes that chance from me, cutting me off. I shoot daggers at him, fuming slightly. "Should we get each other Christmas gifts?"

"No," I say quickly. "I don't want to get you anything."

But he doesn't pay any attention to me. "I've been wanting to visit the Christmas fair."

"Oh, yeah, we could buy each other little gifts." Lee joins in, her excitement blooming. ''Like this we won't get burdened.''

I continue eating as the couple make their plans. I already have my gifts lying at home anyway. Jungkook tabs his foot against mine to get my attention again. I look at him through my lashes. He's peering at me in that Bobo way, I assume apologizing for stuffing a dumpling into my mouth. Shaking my head, I give him a smile and mouth 'sorry' for kicking him. He grins and shakes his own head next, his loosely styled hair bouncing with the movement.

I missed him. We haven't been seeing much of each other. While he was finishing up his promotions, I've been learning to live with my father. It's not as easy as I thought it would be, I will admit. But at least Bobo seems to really love him. One less worry.

"Oh," Lee looks down at the space between our chairs. "Wow, if I didn't see, your mom would've killed me."

"Mhm?" I see what she means and she holds out a card to me. "What's this?"

"The pass to the hotel suite." She shoves it at me when I still continue to just look at it. "Take it before I lose it."

"What? No? What if I lose it?" That's a big responsibility. "Give it to Joon to keep."

"He only has his pockets, you're the only one with a bag. It's safer with you." She grabs my hand and makes me hold it.

I stare at it as Jungkook speaks up. "What pass?"

''Joon's mother booked a suite at Hyatt and I guess we are going there later..." I get my bag and slip it into a secure spot.

"Nice." Jungkook does one of his faces and continues eating.

I look at Joon and ask him what I've been meaning to all day. "How come you aren't the one doing the planning with Lee?"

"I didn't want him to, the further away he is from the planning the better." Lee answers before Joon had even opened his mouth. "He does tell me his ideas though since it's our wedding but he is just zero good at these things. He would annoy me more than be helpful and look at us today, we managed to do so much."

I snicker. "I told you, you should marry me instead."

She stops eating and shifts to look at me and then nods. "You're right. Marrying you would be better."

"What about me then?" Jungkook chimes in with a wounded expression. I think he knows how our conversations go now. 

"What about you?" I grin.

"If you marry Lee then what about me? I'm not going to marry Joon." He pretends to be horrified by that idea.

"Why?" Now it's Joon's turn to look at Jungkook in the same way. "I'm awesome."

"Says who?" Jungkook and I comically say at the same time.

"You know what? I don't need you two at my wedding, in fact I don't need anyone, all I need is my wife-to-be." Joon again reminds me of Hobi when he makes the grabby grabby hands.

Lee just ignores him, not even giving him a second glance. "That's what I mean, if it were him then he would just marry me without any guests."

"Why do we need people there? We are just getting married. We don't need to show off our love."

Lee puts her chopsticks down and my eyes widen. When Lee puts down her eating utensils then you know she is getting worked up. "Then why did you agree when your mother was talking about making it the biggest thing in the history of your family? Why didn't you tell her these exact words?"

"My mom doesn't take me serious, you know that. If you didn't want a big wedding you should have told me sooner, I wouldn't have promised your mother to give you a big one." The humor was now gone from Joon's expression. It seems like they have exchanged these words before.

"I never made you promise anyone anything. I didn't even know you had a conversation with my mom, I told you that already! Don't you ever listen?"

They continue to argue and I shrink away from their agitated poses with my mouth pulling back in a grimace. How do I fix this?
My eyes slowly trail to Jungkook who was looking as caught off guard as me. He raises his eyebrows in worry. I shrug. It's nothing serious, if that's what he means. They are just going through the pre-wedding nerves.

But when they keep going, I spot Jungkook taking one of the last dumplings and expresses with his eyebrows for me to do the same. Ah, it's time for shut up mouth with dumpling again, isn't it?

Waiting for the right timing, I peek at Jungkook before putting the dumpling into Lee's mouth while her back calmingly with the other. "Ah, love is so wonderful. Love is so wonderful." I really hope they don't end up ripping each other apart before the actual wedding.



— — —

hollooooo! its 4am soon but im not tired, im actually excited im finally posting the next chapter after almost three weeks.... im sorry about that btw. this is the longest ive gone without posting for this fanfic. after the concert, i was really worn out, my body was in pain and my eyes were super sore and my voice was gone (yo i made sounds that night, rewatching the vids i was like THATW AS MEEEEE?) and then post concert depression kicked in but it didn't come in the signs that i expected it to, instead of wanting to lie in bed, what my pcd consisted of was tearing up randomly because I was thinking of bts and the concert for too long.
I kinda want to tell you about the concert but it would get too long, but i already touched upon that on some tumblr asks. one thing that i can tell you is that i missed bts like crazy the week after, it was like seeing a friend or cousin you only get to see once a year but they are your fav and you always have a good time together. I didnt just have an amazing time with bts, I really treasured my time with armys too. this was my first concert ever, and it will stay with me forever. your mindset as a fan changes too... it was a really special night and it felt like i had a party with everyone.

so the first week was me trying to deal with that and then the bbmas happened, i didnt sleep at all that night haha and when they were announced winner, i started bawling and my fingers were shaking and i was shaking, i closed the stream and missed the latter half of namjoons speech hahahha but yeah man did they blow up... like the media coverage over it. the bangtan pride this week was unreal, as the boys were saying in their episode, my shoulders were so high as an army especially watching the press conference for their win. I randomly tear up because i get emo thinking of them hahah

then the third week of my absence here was me alwayss getting caught up with stuff, even when i said IM GONNA POST TODAY something else would come up and time passes so fast here, its nighttime before i realize it. even today i was editing and in no time I had dinner and i had actually already shut down my laptop saying ill post tomorrow bc it was already 1am but then i was like nah im not tired yet so why not post this now. and so here i am 4am soon and really really relieved to be posting.... I feel a sense of responsibility towards you guys. you have given me so much love, i really dont want to dissappoint you. you're probably like it takes you THIS long to edit? i get distracted easily, and I read things over 3 times before im sure haha also after 3 weeks of not doing this I feel like im out of practice kekek

i really liked this chapter, it kinda throws me back to FOR YOU and i hope i was somehow able to make you feel the same sentiments by bringing back lee and joon. i thought of writing the snow fight ever since bts tweeted theirs in beginning of 2016 hahaha finally im posting the chapter to it xD

again im sorry for being away for so long, if anyone ever want to contact me my twitter is 'kamilam03' im on there the most tbh although even there im terrible at replying to dms orz but through twitter you at least will find out im still alive and kicking ^^ buuuuut I wrote a bonus in the time i was away muahahahah

p.s. its festaaaaaaaaaaaa and we going to get we dont talk anymore pt.2 tomorrow and all i have to say to that is that bighit is out to get me like.... WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A HEALTHY IDEA???? AND THEN THERE IS SO FAR AWAY SUGA JIN AND JK VERSION???? EXCUSSEEE UUUUU? yeah anyway im excited lol

''You know IU?'' .... like bias like biaser... ive been loving her new album and falling for her voice ^.^ bye, thank you everyone for waiting!

[6h later] i got notified that this chapter was hidden again -.- wtf i specifically checked before posting to make sure that its not hidden -.- aff why u gotta do me like this?