Epilogue : Star pt.1

like a butterfly~

tumblr_p5i9dvyOiQ1vndhiro2_540.gif

(gif credit)

 Doot. Doot. Doot. Doot. Doot.

I frown at my phone as the call to Jungkook just keeps connecting. He should be on his way to the airport or waiting in the van already, so he shouldn't be busy right now.
Cutting off the connection, I focus back on claiming my luggage. I somehow always have the luck of being one of the last to get theirs. I wait and wait and… wait.

Then finally after almost everyone has left and after a very unpleasant encounter with a stranger, I see the familiar deep red suitcase covered with stickers that have accumulated over the years thanks to a very cute person who keep slapping them on whenever he gets them at his fansign events.

After successfully getting my luggage, I make my way to the arrival terminal, getting my phone out to call Jungkook again.

Doot. Doot. Do—

The call connects. "I missed you."

I crack a smile at his dorky tone. "Oh, did you? How come you didn't answer my first call then? What were you up to?"

"I was missing you." I grimace at the noise coming from his end.

"Aren't you inside the car? Why is it so noisy?" I walk through the sliding doors when my jaw falls. "What did you do?"

"What makes you think it was me?" Jungkook asks through the line. He has always been a bad liar, he always gets this smile that is so easy to see through and even though I can't see it right now I can hear it.

"Jungkook, I see the people." Obviously, some bystanders just so happened to be at the airport as well for their own reasons and were curious about the commotion but the bigger crowd of people gathered wasn't a coincidence. "Aigoo… I hope you have security."

"I have someone much better." Who would be better than security in this situation? "See you in a bit!" He promises happily and hangs up on me.

"Ya…" I stare at my phone in disbelief. At least can he tell me what I'm supposed to do right now? Is his motive hide and seek and I have to find him since he's hidden behind the wall of people? I can't even see his head. Is he squatting? What is he doing?

Standing there behind the people, I ponder the idea of following the other passengers and trying to find a detour through the sides but if Jungkook has something planned then I better just wait for it. This guy always gets so excited about his events, he pouts a lot when it doesn't work out in the end.

My eyes wander over the cameras and phones in their hands, making me think that he's been here for a while. My flight did get delayed so the people had plenty of time to get to the airport after hearing it through the web that he's here and so openly at that.

The cameras. The people. I've not quite warmed up to them but I've accepted them in a way. After so many years, there was bound to be a few times where the attention would be shifted onto me and although there are some protective measurements for someone like me who is not a public figure, people can't be easily controlled. But all these are just small compromises that fade in comparison to the beautiful years I've had with him.
We go out and sometimes people catch us. Time has gradually changed the minds of people and dating isn't abhorred anymore in the industry. It's always just the antis that try to blow it way out of proportion and just like Seungkwan once said, Bangtan's fandom is really nice.

As Jungkook always tells me, just focus on the good ones.

The one aspect that I still haven't come to accept is grown men following us around. It's just weird having people film us and take photos when we're just shopping for groceries or buying gifts for our friends' babies and having people assume things. It gets tiring but mostly it's hilarious when Jungkook and I are watching TV and then have people claim we've broken up. We just end up staring at each other at the randomness.

Life alongside Jungkook has been bright. There are always up and downs but even when we're down, we try to never allow it to boil overnight. Any kind of issues are best addressed immediately. Jungkook has taught me that. He is my light.

Suddenly, the crowd shifts and the people standing in front of me back up and almost into me in franticness as if they were trying to get away from something. What did he do now?
But as the people clear to my left and right and I see Jungkook holding his camera in front of his face with Bobo by his side, I get why. No one wants to get filmed by him. Who knows what backlash is gonna come from the fandom once their face is exposed. You never know.

Bobo sees me and instantly loses his cool, his tail wiggling and himself panting excitedly, he crosses the small distance and jumps on me as I crouch down to accepts his warm welcomes of and bites. Yes, he still does that.

''Heeeey, Bobo! Bobooo!'' He always gets even more excited when we hype him up, it's really adorable but also uncontrollable. 

Jungkook had let go of the leash since he knew Bobo was gonna be with me and focuses on filming us. He hasn't used the camera in a while so I wonder what made him take it out today. While keeping the camera still, he moves his head to the side and smiles at me.

I smile back and grab the leash. ''Let's go, Bobo.'' Jungkook stops filming and takes my luggage in one hand while the other securely holds onto my own. Unlike in the past when Bobo would pull and walk ahead of us, he now waits when we stop and keeps looking back at us to see if we're following. Bobo has also grown up in a sense.

''Why didn't you wait in the car?'' He usually does that whenever he has time to get me from the airport.

''Wasn't this more exciting?'' Jungkook grins and over the years he hasn't really changed if even he's become more youthful.

I shake my head humorously at him which he only squeezes my hand at. I don't ask him why he's steering me towards the inner part of the public airport instead of the exit to the van where I should be getting my luggage from for the next flight. He's probably hungry from waiting. But we should also hurry and bring my old luggage to his manager or we could miss the flight and get late to the get-together.

Jungkook brings us to a coffee shop and has me sit down first while he quickly goes to order something. Bobo doesn't stay still and puts his front paws on my lap, asking for affection.

''What did you two do while I was gone?'' Bobo only his head to the side, meaning he understands something I just said. Cutie. Rubbing his head and neck, I look up surprised when Jungkook only returns with a bottle of kiwi juice. ''What about you?''

He shakes his head. ''I don't want anything. Passport?'' Holding his hand open, I give it to him and see him grab my luggage. ''I'll quickly get our stuff and come back.''

''Ok.'' I watch Jungkook leave at a more hurried pace.

Our circle of friends had decided to go on a mini vacation together, to take some time off from our busy lives of work and children and catch up properly like we haven't been able to in a while.
Jungkook and the members have been on a world tour while I've been flying back and forth between Tokyo and Seoul. At this point, I got myself a small little place with my brother who also has the same business flights to stay in and as Jungkook has extended promotions in Japan, it all works out in our favor.

Lee and Joon are busy expanding their family. Baby number two is on the way and it's honestly scary to watch them raise Wookie because of the responsibility they carry. But it's also very heartwarming. Lee and Joon are wonderful people with good hearts, I have no doubt that they will raise the best kids that are just as crazy as them.
They are both still working in the same profession, the both of them just changed the company. Big Hit Entertainment.
It gets really funny sometimes seeing them working alongside Bangtan. I get to see them more than before so that's the best.

Soojung and Minhyuk are still as cringy in love as before and love to run off alone as if they were in high-school. Nothing much has changed in their professional life aside from climbing the ranks.

Our circle of friends hasn't grown tremendously, but that's ok. These are all the people I need in my life.

As my hands absentmindedly scroll through my social media feeds while the other scratches Bobo behind his ear, only then does it register that Bobo is still here when he should be on his way home too with the manager. Oh, crap.

Just then I see Jungkook approaching giving polite smiles here and there as people still remained and followed closely. Usually, he is not that easy to spot since he tends to wear big hoodies that would shield his face but he made himself up today, even got a haircut.

I stand up before he has even arrived in front of me and gesture at Bobo. ''What do we do?''

But he looks as calm as the sea and just holds out our tickets to me as if that would fix the problem at hand but when I skim through the details on each paper I realize why he wasn't panicking like I was.

Bobo was flying with us to Busan. ''Did you just buy a ticket for him?''

''No,'' he takes the passport and pats the top of my head with it. ''There are a lot of procedures that have to be done beforehand. Bobo was going to come along from the very beginning, I just forgot to tell you.''

''Forgot to tell me,'' I repeat suspiciously. ''What are you planning, Jungkook?'' Is my father going to miraculously show up at Busan Airport or what?

Jungkook giggles at my expression and gestures for us to move along instead. ''We're a family, so obviously having a family vacation was long due.''

My heart melts. Jungkook has always had such a big heart. He pretty much sees anyone that he loves as family, including my father. Sadly, my father hates taking flights, so he won't go on vacation with us if it's by plane and normally we would take the train but time was tight this time so the plane it had to be.

Having exchanged my suitcase with the ones we packed for the trip, Jungkook slows down and stays behind while Bobo and I stroll to the security checks. I turn to ask him about the rental car when I see that he had been filming me. ''Ah-ya.''

''Ah-ya.'' He mimics me and cackles when I move closer to hit him. ''I'm filming. I'm filming!'' 

''Ah, hurry!'' Grabbing his arm, I pull him to me but he still doesn't stop recording, he just turns it around and films us both. ''It's just Busan, why are you filming?'' 
We've been there many times together and he stopped filming after a few times since things became repetitive. 

''I just felt like it,'' Jungkook says absentmindedly as he makes some setting changes while waiting in line.

''Can I just bring Bobo like that? Don't they have to put him into the cargo?'' I've read into flying with pets and only service dogs are allowed to accompany the owner into the cabin as well as dogs that fit into the carrier and are small enough and Bobo is definitely too big.

''Nope, he is staying with us. Ah, I forgot to attach this.'' Jungkook gets something out of his bag and wraps it around Bobo's neck.

''Oppa, he's not a service dog, where did you get this?'' I whisper in exasperation.

''I didn't ask for it. She just gave it to me when she recognized me and I wanted to check him in.'' He glares at me. ''I told her that he's not but even the supervisor told me to just take it.''

I look at him and seeing how his lower lip protruded out in a pout, I soften and hug his side. ''Aw, did you want to surprise me by having me get Bobo from the staff in Busan?''

''Yes, didn't work as planned.'' He sulks.

''It's ok, this is great too.'' I ruffle his head which makes him grin smitten. ''Thank you.''

My favorite dimple appears and in that moment everything is perfect.

— — —

"Doona! Doona!" The loud yet light voice makes their heads turn in the direction of the guest house. Not a second later, they can see the little bundle of joy dashing out, always making the adults worry that he will trip with his almost 3 years of age.

"Ah, Wookie!" She calls out just as excited to see the little boy and immediately catches him off his feet to hug him close. "Wah, you've gotten heavier since Noona last saw you."

"Yes, Doona says eat well." Word after word, Jiwook slowly learns to phrase coherent sentences but even now they understand

"Good boy," she starts walking but glances back at Jungkook. He has yet to let Bobo out of the car who was with no doubt already waiting to be let free and cause havoc. "Aigoo, you listen to Noona so well."

"Hi!" Seokjin appears behind the wooden gate door with a camcorder in his hand filming the newly joined couple. "Jiwook-ah, didn't we say not to run away from your Mom?"

"But it's Doona." The little boy knows to defend himself. "Doona nice."

Jungkook has to laugh at that. "Hyung, did everyone arrive already?"

"Not quite yet, Yoongi couldn't make it.'' It hasn't been long since the two oldest members got released from their mandatory military service. Both were taking time off to spend with family and had been in their hometowns for a bit.

"Friend!" Lee bursts out with her belly slowly but surely growing and throws herself at her best friend. "I have been so lonely with these men."

"Hm?" His girlfriend asks as Jiwook's mother takes him back into her arms. "Soojung-Eonni already arrived though, didn't she?"

About to answer her, Lee gets interrupted by a very stern Joon. "Honey, you're not supposed to run or squeeze your belly, or move at all." Lee only rolls her eyes, and ________ gives a sheepish look.

Seokjin starts to walk back in, filming how Joon takes the toddler from his wife and then aims the camera at Jungkook and her as she puts her hand into the crook of his elbow. ''Bobo is going to jump into the pool.''

Their puppy used to be so afraid of water but now he can't wait to jump and have a swim around. ''I'll get him as soon as they are safe.'' Jungkook nods at the little family who was still bickering about precautions and such.

"Are you planning to film everything?" She jokes towards Seokjin who had been filming a lot ever since his release.

"Yes, after military service that's all I've been wanting to do." Seokjin puts his camera away and smiles at them. "I'm also having fun editing things."

"Ah, right, Jungkook showed me the video you shot of your vacation, I…" she lets go of Jungkook's arm and walks over to Seokjin to converse with him easier, leaving him to tend to their luggage and their impatient friend.

No doubt, this is going to one exciting weekend.

Later back in their part of the bungalow, Jungkook starts unpacking their things and organizes his thoughts.
For the trip, they have found a nice place for group vacationing while still maintaining the privacy. The owners of this business have several properties with the same kind of set up of several small bungalows circled around a pool and fireplace. Some bigger and some smaller depending on the interest. That way they could spend the night in privacy while still having a vacation as a gathering.

Jungkook can't help but feel extremely nervous suddenly and even a little bit of doubt. Not because these years haven't proved enough of their strong bond but just that it might not be the right time after all. They've been really busy in their careers the past year and that's not going to change this year as well.

Can you believe the shock he was in because he thought she'd found out what he was planning and suddenly he felt hyper-aware of the ring he'd hidden not so far
She had looked at him while they were watching TV and just gone and asked him if he would marry her.
But she had jokingly or not so jokingly tried to propose to him a week ago right before she was set to depart for her business flight.away.
Turned out she was just asking because the scene in the drama they were watching was of a wedding. But then she had turned to him again right after his heart settled a little bit and given him a meaningful look kinda like as if she was saying, ''I'm only half joking.''

"Noona bought you something from Japan." His ears perk up as he hears his girlfriend's voice getting closer. "As soon as I saw it I thought of Wookie."

"Pretty?" Wookie has always liked the word pretty. He calls everything pretty first before anything.

"It is sooooo pretty." They appear in the doorway to their bungalow. "Oh, look your Hyung is here."

"I'm just unpacking." He goes to sit down on the bed where she placed down Wookie gently and as she moves to get the present, Jungkook whispers into the little boy's ear. "Do you want to know what Doona really likes?"
Animatedly, Wookie nods his head, eyes bright in excitement. "Doona really likes to be called cute."

Wookie blinks. "Mommy call me cute."

"Yes, and Doona really loves being called cute." Jungkook ruffled Wookie's hair. "Try it."

"Ah, here it is." With that Jungkook straightens up and turns his head to see her approaching them with a gift-wrapped box which she told him was a toy. Her eyes glance at him momentarily with a suspicious look but she doesn't know what exactly it is he did.

"Ask Mommy," Wookie says and they all know it means to ask mommy first if he can open it.

"Yeah, ok, let's ask Mommy first." Jungkook leans back on his elbow and peers up at her. She's really good with children, really patient and knowledgeable. Now that she's finally opened her own academy, her dream was also coming true.

"Hyung?" His eyes move away from her to the toddler. "Now?" Jungkook nods, the depth of his own smile increasing.
Her eyes had been on them the entire time and they stay on Jungkook with a frown. Wookie pats her arm. "Doona cute."

She tries not to smile immediately but then she can't hold it in and burst into little giggles. "Noona is cute?" Wookie nods. "Do you know what that means?"

A nod again. "Mommy call me cute."

"Ah, ok, then thank you." She taps Wookie on the nose with a loving smile. It warms Jungkook's heart each time. He can't wait until they have a little one of their own. "You're cute too. Now, want to ask Mommy?"

"Yeeeees!" The little boy shuffles off the bed and puts his hand into her awaiting one.

The other hand pats Jungkook's thigh as she looks at his idle form almost lying on the bed now. "You should rest a bit, I hear we are having a BBQ party in a bit."

"Will you join me later?" They were both tired and after her business trip, she needed the rest as well.

"Yeah, I think so." She pats his leg one more time and then stands up to finally bring the baby to his mother. "Be right back."

Watching her back disappear, Jungkook has to drag himself out of bed to change and not sleep inside the bed with dirty clothes. It's a thing they both disliked to do.

He practically dives in after changing into a shirt and shorts. Moments pass and he already fell asleep but hears some noise as she comes back and closes the shades to make the room darker.
With only half-lidded eyes, he keeps an eye on her as she changed into something similar. She cleans up after him and makes sure everything is neatly placed away before he feels her slipping into the spot next to him.

Without fail, it always feels better to have her with him. She gives him that certain feeling of peace that he has never found in anything else. She's special and he will always cherish that.

— — —

"I wish I could eat sushi," Lee whines quietly as we had been discussing on what restaurants to go to the next few days.

"I'll eat it for you, don't worry." Lee glares at me and takes one of the many cushions on the outside louche couch and then whacks me with it. I always forget. Don't mess with pregnant women who crave for some raw fish.

Gahyun, Jimin's girlfriend, quickly grabs the pillow away from Lee and hugs it to herself. She's kind of the peacemaker. "But I'm curious, is it true that you can't stand while drinking?"

Lee puts her hand on her belly subconsciously. "Yeah, I'm sure my mom has told me the reason before but she says so much I can't remember."

"It's because people say you won't be able to control your urge to pee when you do," I explain while leaning back.

"Ah…" They both say.

"I have so many Chinese friends and they always told me that they weren't allowed to shower or wash their hair for a month. I wonder what else there is, I can't remember..." Gahyun muses aloud with a confused expression. She is really cute.

As soon as we met her after things got serious between her and Jimin, my first thought was to squish her because she is so cute. Not that she is particularly cute-looking, it's just that her mannerisms are adorable. She is such a great match for him.

"One month?" Lee almost yells. "Thank god my mom is not Chinese or I would be running away from her."

"It's because the body is weak after being in labor and giving birth. The water in its bare form will affect your body in a negative way. Something about cool… you know how foods have warm and cooling effects…." I explain again. But they only look at me blankly.

Gahyun scoots closer to me. "Eonnie, how do you know so much about this?"

"Yeah, how come you know so much about post-pregnancy care?" Lee squints her eyes at me suspiciously. "Are you…?"

Gahyun looks at Lee and her eyes widen towards me. "Are you?"

"No! I'm not." I exclaim. "Of course not."

"Really?" Almost in a disappointed tone, Gahyun believes me immediately.

But Lee on the other hand... "That's not it. There is no way you know so much without being affected by it."

I sigh and begin to elaborate. "No, I'm not pregnant. I just know that much because when you told me that this time you feel weaker and more exhausted I started to research a lot. You know how I get sometimes. I just got in too deep and swerved to the Chinese methods."

"But you never told me about your findings." She is too suspicious for her own good.

"Because I know you would never do all of that! Also, why would I keep it from you, though? If I was pregnant you would be the second one to know." I wrap my arm around her frail form. This pregnancy has weighted her down more than Wookie did and it wasn't easy to witness.

"True." We've been friends for so long. Closer than sisters if we had any. We know each other so well, it's funny sometimes how we don't need to speak to know.

"But…" Gahyun says suddenly, her eyes scanning the pool area. "How come they are still not back?"

I look at my watch, the one that Jungkook had gotten me after the previous one died down. It's almost dinner time. The guys had gone on a hiking trip with Bobo in tow.

"I don't know if I should be upset or relieved that they are gone. Like this, I get to spend time with you girls." Lee says and smiles at Gahyun in particular.

Jungkook had told me how nervous Gahyun was to join this vacation among friends that have known each other for so long. Especially because she is younger than us, I understand why she was reluctant to at first. But she also didn't want to be away from Jimin, so….

"Since the boys aren't here, shall we get ready and make ourselves look especially good together?"

"Yeah, and if they don't come back by then let's just see it as a girls' night out."

Gahyun looks a little bit bummed out by that possibility. In their stage of the relationship, they must want to be attached by the hip at all times.

"I'm sure they'll be back. If not I'll beat them up for you." I stand up first. "Let's get our things and meet in the living room?" The two girls give their agreements and leave to their own housings.

As soon as I'm in my room, I use the time to call Jungkook. Not going to deny, worry was starting to manifest as he usually isn't wrong about how long he will be gone. And a lot can go wrong during a hike.

A weight is lifted off of my heart when he answers the call on the fourth ring. "Bunny on the line." I snort and giggle at the same time when I hear the catchphrase he used to use whenever he answered my calls.

"Where are you?" I sit down with a relieved heart.

"Still on our way back." There is a pause. "I think we will have to meet you there."

"Ok, I'll let the girls know." It's weird how they just left for several hours and won't even be back in time. Where did they hike off to? "Gahyun is worried."

"Is she? I'll tell Jimin-Hyung to call her.''

As much as Lee and I were trying to make it as warm and welcoming for her, she must feel the most at ease with Jimin. ''Hm, see you there.''

''Alright, we'll meet you there in a bit." We hang up after that and I think of the food I'll have to bring for Bobo since he'll be with us the whole night.

I hear a knock on my door that I had kept open. It's Gahyun. "Eonnie, is everything Ok?" She must have seen me just sitting here motionless.

"Yeah," I get my things and join her outside. "I called Jungkook, they will meet us at the restaurant."

"Ah, I understand." Sometimes when I look at her, I see myself when I was young. A little bit too nice and innocent for this world. Or maybe it's just that I'm old now. Probably the latter. There is nothing wrong with being nice and innocent. ''Shall we go get ready?''

"Yup." I grab my own makeup bag and head off with her to get ready for the night out.

~ ~ ~

"He is so cute when he sleeps." Gahyun comments on Wookie inside his buggy. I smile down at him as I push him slowly to the restaurant. Elbow in elbow, Gahyun and Lee are strolling along next to me.

"He looks so peaceful," Lee adds. "If only he could stay like that forever."

Even though I'm not a mother, I know exactly what she means. If only he could stay as peaceful as now and stay protected from the bad world forever.

"Did you bring a blanket, Eonnie? It's getting windier." Despite the hot spring days, the nights here seem to be on the chillier side.

"Ah, crap, I forgot it on my bed." I take off my cardigan and lean over to put it over Wookie's sleeping form. "You'll be a good mom one day," Lee says.

"I think so too." Gahyun agrees. "You really seem to like children."

I do like children but I don't think I'm ready to make one and teach it life like parents do. It's a huge responsibility.
"I hope so." I end my short sentence with a yawn. "Am I just getting old or am Ijet lagged?"

"Didn't you come from work?" Gahyun looks over at me.

"I did, I had work in Tokyo for a week and just got back this morning."

"Wah, and then you flew to Busan right after, no wonder you are tired." Gahyun nods her head in empathy. "Were you able to sleep in the ca— Ah! That scared me!"

Our eyes sweep to Gahyun and we watch as she recoils into herself as Jimin had sneaked behind her to tickle her. "Ah, Oppa." She grins widely as it registers that the boys had arrived.

And like that our trio is reduced to a duo plus a baby. "Ya, doesn't this remind you of us when we were in high school."

I give a dream-like sigh. High school. What a rollercoaster ride that had been. But I can't deny that there is nothing like that heart fluttering feeling of falling in love with Jungkook for the first time and all the new experiences we shared.
"But wait? You never were so lovey-dovey with Joon, I swear it was the other way around."

She nudges my arm. "I never said I was the one. If you remember, it was always me who wore the pants in the relationship."

"But you're wearing a dress right now." I deadpan.

She slaps my arm and it stings. Maybe I should tattoo on my palm not to mess with her because I keep forgetting. "Don't be a smartass."

"I'm sorry," I use my baby voice and wrap one arm around her. "I'm just joking, of course."

"Of course."

I hear Joon's voice first, as he approaches us. Then I feel a light touch to the small of my back at the same time as a hand joins me on the buggy's handle. Jungkook's presence hasn't changed over the years, it has only become like my second skin.

When he moves to take over pushing Wookie, I move aside while looking behind us wondering where the others were while spotting Bobo trotting next to him.
Seokjin was on his phone and it seems to be a serious conversation. I hope everything is going well in his personal life. Seeing him return from military and have to temporarily let go of his love makes me worry for him as well as for us.

How will it be if Jungkook has to enlist? It won't be long anymore.

No words are exchanged between Jungkook and me, we were just listening to Lee and Joon talking about Wookie and what to do with the nursery room for their baby.

We enter the restaurant and I immediately spot two familiar heads. The other couple that had been missing in action since they arrived yesterday was sitting right there. Turns out they just slept over at a friend's because they got so drunk. "Oh, Eonnie!"

Soojung's head lifts and she stands up at once when she sees us. "Oh, you arrived?"

I give her a long hug and then turn to Minhyuk and point at him with a meaningful look. He holds up his hands. "Don't look at me like that. I know. I know. I will visit her tomorrow."

"How will you visit her when you're here." I murmur as I give him a quick hug. His mother was very close to filing a missing person report because she hadn't seen her son in so long.

"I'll call her." Minhyuk winks and turns to Lee next. "Wah, you're round again."

"Ya!" Both Soojung and I yell at him. All these years and he still has not gained any more sense. "Don't be an and sit down."

It takes us a moment to greet each other. Soojung pulls me down next to her on the bench and I glance at Jungkook having planned to sit next to him. But he was listening intently to whatever Seokjin was saying. Maybe it really is something serious. Seokjin is such a kind soul, I really hope everything turns out well for him.

— — —

"I think I will have to leave earlier than intended."

Jungkook looks up at Seokjin, the pained expression breaking his heart. They had finished dinner and were now strolling around the neighborhood to help the food go down easier. "Don't worry about it. Leave whenever you need to."
Seokjin nods, deep in thought. If only the world could go right just once. "I will drive you to the airport, just let me know."

He nods again but this time pulls himself out of his head to look at Jungkook. "I think I'll stay until you did the rainbow. Can't miss the rainbow."

"It's not like you will be present when I do the rainbow." Jungkook turns serious again. "But Hyung if you really want to go you don't have to wait for me."

"It's ok. I think it will be ok. She doesn't want me to be there anyway."

Jungkook gives him an encouraging back pat. "Believe me, she wants you there, but a small part of her pride is keeping her back from outright saying it."

Seokjin is quiet for a moment. "How do you know so well?"

Jungkook inclined his head a little. "I have been in a relationship for quite some while, you know."

"Ah, but I never thought for ________ to be a prideful person."

"Everyone is at least a little bit." As much as they are a well-matched couple when it comes to personality, pride is a thing it will seep through when the moments call for it.

"No one is as prideful as me since I'm so handsome." The oldest member proceeds to laugh loudly and Jungkook wishes he'd been filming him but he does slap his arm lightly while trying not to crack into laughter himself.

After that moment of jokes, Seokjin takes his phone again to make some calls for flight arrangements.

"Is everything ok with Jin-Oppa?" Jungkook hears just before he feels a familiar set of fingers settling into his own. She was always able to pick up these things very quickly.

"Not really, he might have to leave earlier than us."

"Ah," there is concern on her face. "It's not his family right?"

"No not his family but Sohee's family."

She gasps quietly. "Oh, no." She knows best how it is to have a family member be affected by a disease. "What to do?" Saying it more to herself, she starts fussing with her lips, pulling it between her teeth. "This is horrible."

"Yes, it really is."

"Hey, guys." Jungkook is the first to glance up at Minhyuk. "Wanna check this place out?" The place he was pointing at was a bistro that offered meals at their bonfire pits

"Ah, I think we'll have to take a pass on this." Joon points at his family. "They need to rest."

"Understood." No questions asked. "You guys?"

"Yeah, sure." Jungkook looks down at his significant other. "You ok?"

"Yeah." She nods but he can see thoughts running through her head.

The rest of the two couples are good with the idea while Seokjin leaves with the three-head family back to their temporary home. Since Bobo doesn't like fire, they decide it's best for him to go along with them.

Splitting up, one pair goes to order the sets, one pair going to find a nice bonfire place, while the other runs back to get some cash as it was revealed that they don't accept cards.

"Do you know how to make a fire?"

"I have done this before but never from scratch." Jungkook and her walk around a few occupied bonfires and find a nice one near the trees.

"How do you do this?" ________ crouches down near the burned wood to inspect it. "Don't we need the liquid from somewhere?"

"Mhm… yeah, I'll get it from inside." Standing up he goes back and on his way he sees people cuddling into blankets. Do they hand them out here?

A few minutes later, exchanging some words with Jimin and Gahyun, Jungkook is on his way back to his girlfriend. He finds her talking to a man but her stance is telling him that she'd rather not.
Jungkook quickens his pace. "Is something wrong?"

He directs it at the man and he immediately moves back from her, doesn't even say anything, bows his head and walks away.

"Aigoo, why am I popular today?" Something she always says when she gets a lot of phone calls or texts in that day. "Ah, you got the liquid."

"And I got the manual." Jungkook moves back to the foldable bed.

"Woah, so cozy. If I wasn't scared of the bugs I think a sleepover in the outside wouldn't be so bad."

"It comes with the experience, though." Jungkook pats the space next to him. "Let me do it. Come warm up with the blanket."

"What, you have a blanket?"

"Yeah, come here."

She shakes her head no. "It's not that cold, yet." As long as there is a manual and it's easy to do, she will want to do it. She has fun with these hands-on things. It was a joy to watch her set up new furniture that one time they moved.

Jungkook lets her do her thing and hears a few sighs, groans of frustrations, and cute little hm? as he lies down and yawns.

"Tired?"

"Hm."

"What did you do today to make you so tired?" She says in a defensive tone.

If only she knew. "This and that." There is a high chance she would have asked for more detail but since she was immersed in the task she doesn't.
Jungkook sits back up. "Do you need help, Cutie?"

The way she is making herself so small in front of the bonfire pit, pouting at it as if that's the solution, makes his heart expand with love and adoration. She glances up at him with a glare. "Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?" Jungkook exclaims defensively.

"I don't know! Like you want to do something." She explains just as loudly. "You always look at me like that when you have an intention. Don't distract me."

He almost smirks at her because she might be right. Sometimes he doesn't know how he's looking at her until she points it out. With one more pouty glare, she glances behind her at the other groups of people vacating other bonfire spots.

Jungkook leans back onto his hands. "Be careful, if you stare for too long the guy might come back."

The only things that move are her eyes as she focuses on him again. They trail over his body slowly. "I don't think so since you're here."

"It didn't stop him from coming earlier though." Leaning forward, Jungkook puts his elbows on his knees. "What did he want?"

"Mhm, nothing… He just came over with the liquid and asked if I needed help." Then all of a sudden her expression turns sour. "Ya, Oppa, do I look like someone who's incapable of doing things by herself."

He takes her in for a second. "You know what I'm going to say."

Jutting out her lips, she nods. "Yeah, probably shouldn't ask you this."

Finally she gets up, walks over and sits down next to him. Jungkook moves to put the blanket around their shoulders. Putting her head on his chest, she sighs.

"Did something happen?" She only sighs like that when something had been nagging at her.

"Ah, it's just… at the airport earlier I was trying to call you, right? I was waiting for my luggage to come out and you know I was minding my own business. But then suddenly a guy comes out, I think he was younger than me," she is staring at the pile of wood as she snorts. "Asking if I needed help. So I said no but then he said he could help and I asked him why does he think that I do. Because he doesn't even know if my luggage is big or not. It could be a carry on style you know."

Whenever she tells stories of things that had bothered her, her brows always pull together in a soft frown. Jungkook leans in to peck her temple.

She smiles for a second but keeps talking. "His answer, wah, Oppa, I don't think I've ever felt so offended. He said that I look like I need it." A pause. Probably for him to react to that vile and masochistic statement. 

"Yeah, I wouldn't have blamed you if you kicked him." Which she would never do but he just wanted to lighten the mood because what the guy said was nothing close to the truth. She can hold her own just fine.

"I know right," she sighs in relief as he kind of validates her feelings. "For real, why are men like that lately. Where have the gentlemen sweethearts gone to?"

He looks down at her. "I'm right here."

Without addressing that she only pats his thigh as an indulging gesture and continues. "I gave him some advice and—" she pauses as Jungkook pulls her back with him so they plop back on the bed. She's so used to his random antics by now she just continues speaking as if nothing happened. "Showed him your ring." The one they had gotten each other on an anniversary.

"You showed him your ring?" He's amused by that.

"I showed him my hand because I thought he was trying to hit on me." She shifts to her side and puts an arm around his waist. "You're so warm…"

Jungkook pulls her closer. "Why are you wearing so little?"

"I gave my cardigan to Wookie." She mumbles sounding very close to dozing off.

She's always had a very big heart, a caring soul, and loving mind. That's how he came to love her again. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Oppa." She says sleepily.

They lie there under the moon and stars waiting for anyone else to join them but he had a feeling that the couples of their group each wanted time with their significant other because at the end of the day that's where you return to, where you feel the most comfortable, and where you feel complete.

 

 

 

— — — — — —
hellooooooo I'm finally back! how long has it been since the last actual chapter update? JULY 20th oh my god, I remember it was before I left for germany, wow it's been a while. But I've been good these days hehe I did what I said I would in my author updates and now here we are, my White Day gift for you!

I had finished soft editing the epilogue yesterday but had no kind of plan of when to post this so I was just kinda taking my time but then today Jungkook gave us this beautiful gift for white day and it moved me to tears to be honest, so I felt really really inspired and motivated to post this before the day is over.

You should thank Jungkook haha... well, anything I do here is because of him, so yeah.

But naw for real his newest cover really makes me very emotional, I don't know why, I'm just so moved by his soothing vocals and how he puts so much effort into showing his love for us... ah he is really amazing.

this one was long, its 14 pages on open office o.o have fun reading! I def had fun editing as some of the things I wrote took me off guard like how I mentioned military service which is a sensitive subject among the fandom, people are already talking about it which makes me go !!!!!!! ITS TOO SOON GUYS!!!!

also i've just spent an hour looking for a gif to use but... its so hard. I used to have gifs as inspiration for scenes but now they are just a pretty accessories haha so I'm just going to leave you with a bunny ^^ so seriously there are so many to choose from, I have the urge to change it every 5 seconds o.O

anyway hope you liked this <3 -K

P.S. I'm so glad to be doing this, I kept feeling really bad for not posting the last chapters and not keeping my word, I guess jungkook keeping his word with namjoon really inspired me huh... hmm... yeah. thank you jungkook!

also sorry for any mistakes!