a beautiful butterfly~

like a butterfly~

"Do you need this?" Jungkook looks over his shoulder to see her pursing her lips at a selection of vegetables. Even the way she chooses her groceries is meticulous whereas he will just grab whatever is on top. He never thought he would learn anything at the supermarket but he did.
''________-ie, what decision are you trying to make now?'' Walking over to her, he drapes an arm over her shoulders.
She smiles up at him. It throws him back to their high-school days when he used to do this. Now, he really loves holding her hand.

''Are you getting bored?'' She gauges correctly and puts down both of the packaged mushrooms. ''Let's go.''

''Mhm? Why did you put them down? Weren't you going to buy it? Don't let me rush you.'' It's correct that he was starting to get bored but it's only because she was paying more attention to the food than him.

''Nope.'' She reassures him cutely by curling her arms around his and nudging him lightly. ''I was thinking whether I would be able to eat the mushrooms before they get bad. But look,'' she nods towards them. ''They already don't look very fresh. You can see that by the moisture inside the wrapping. I'll just come back in a few days.''

''Do you make a schedule for when to eat what?'' Jungkook saves every knowledge he can from her. He can imagine her scolding him for getting something wrong in the future.

''Not really, it's all in here.'' She taps her head. ''I also have to calculate in days when I'm too lazy to cook.'' She laughs brightly. ''That's why I can't buy too much or it will all go to waste.''

''But isn't it hard to cook for one person only?'' The only thing he sometimes feels like making is Ramyun. ''It's either I make too much or I make too little.''

''Hm, yeah... I'll teach you a few dishes...'' She promises distractedly and pulls out the list on her phone. ''Bobo...''

"What else do you need?" He peeks at the list himself. "Eggs, milk, orange juice, bread.... I'll be quick.'' Jungkook takes it upon himself to get the rest so they can finally go back home.

"Oh, and I need to buy food for Bobo. Meet you later." With that she rushes off in her white dress that she had worn for the business dinner and white sneakers.

The dress... The kiss... Jungkook rattles his head when he feels himself getting warm again. Not now, Jungkook. Responsibilities first, possible or not possible fun later.
At that thought, Jungkook pats his own face similar to a slap. What's wrong with him? He shakes his head from side to side rapidly once again and sets off to get the items she needs.

Some time later, Jungkook makes his way over to the pets' isle but he finds it to be empty. He goes back to where they parted ways and just in time sees her turning a corner possible also searching for him. "________-ah."

She looks over her shoulder and smiles when she sees him. She is so happy she almost skips her way over as much as she can with the sack of dry food for Bobo. "Ah, here you are."

Jungkook jogs over and lifts it from her. "There is still something that I need to get for the pup pup." She holds the cart in place as he loads it with the sack.

"Do you usually do this alone?" They begin walking with him pushing the cart and her helping by putting one hand on the handle as well.

She looks at him in amusement. "Who else would I be with? It's not heavy.''

''No, I mean you could get an employee to help you.''

She raises a fist and grins cheekily. ''I'm still young. I'll manage. And you know I don't like to bother people.''

''I'll carry it for you next time.'' He hopes that it will soon come to a point where she never things of it to be a bother whenever she asks for his help. It never is.

''But your back.'' She frowns. ''What did the doctor say?''

''To put a lot of warm packs on it and not strain it as much as possible.'' The more he talks the more her face contorts. ''I'm going to be ok.''
But contrary to his hopes she just glares at him now. ''What about you? What happened to the stomach pains you got a few weeks ago?'' Jungkook tries to deflect from himself.

Her expression softens as she thinks back. ''Ehm, it wasn't much. I just got pains because I was stressing out my body too much. On top of that I had an irregular diet. My doctor advised me to have five meals a day and that working out could help.'' She pushes her hair behind her ear, telling him that she is feeling a little bit embarrassed. ''I haven't been taking care of myself.''

''What else is there?'' Now, it's his turn to frown with concern. He'll have to remind her because he knows she is easily forgetful about her own care.

She glances up at him and then stops walking. He does, too. ''I've started to take the pill.''

Jungkook just blinks at her. Does that mean... What does that mean? ''That helps?''

Her eyes stay on him for a long time and then she smiles almost dotingly. ''Yeah, I have iron deficiency because of my inconsistent diet, so it will help with that a little. Also it will prevent me from getting bad cramps. Two birds with one stone.'' She snaps her fingers in victory.

All he can do is just make a sound of fascination while he nods. He has no clue about these things at all.

But she snickers under her breath next. ''You're so pure.'' Judging by the way she voiced it, it must have come as a surprise to her.

In a lot of ways, she is more mature than him even though he tries really hard to be a source of support.
It's probably the first time he has felt so flustered around someone in that way. He is so close to the members that talking to them about anything is normal.
There are still a lot of things Jungkook and her even have to think of talking about. One of those things happened today without any preparation at all. Sure, they have joked about it before but earlier it was real.
Still, even though it was the first time their attraction to each other had reached that level. She had been the one to pull it to a place of comfort and normalcy so he wouldn't feel embarrassed and in that moment he fell in love even more.

His initial reaction was to worry about how she would take it, or how it might be too much for her to handle but instead she had embraced it and reassured him.

Jungkook is sure of it. She is going to be a partner that will be able to teach him a lot about life.

''What are you thinking about?'' He looks at her upon hearing her curious question. She must have been watching him for a while.

''You.'' He corrects himself then. ''Us.''

She just smiles and it's the most soothing and relieving thing to be able to have her by his side again. At the same time he will never forget what she had to go through on her own to find her path back to him. His heart still tightens and feelings of resentment flood him when he thinks about it. When will life finally let her be?

He feels her putting her hand into the crook of his elbow as she points as something in the isle. It was that moment when he swore to himself to always treat her with the respect that any human being deserves.

* * * * * *

The sound of my apartment door being unlocked makes me look away from the TV. I watch as Jungkook and Bobo step through the door with Bobo pulling impatiently and trying to dart in but he is still attached to the leash hence giving Jungkook a hard time.

''Ya,'' Jungkook calls. ''Bobo sit.''

But Bobo just keeps dragging. I almost have to laugh when I see the frustration on Jungkook's face. He is my dog, I know exactly how annoying it can get when he is being stubborn.

''Bobo, I said sit.'' Jungkook then reaches for Bobo's behind and pushes him into the sitting position like I taught him to do. ''Now, wait.''
He removes the leash but as soon as that happens Bobo bolts into the apartment.

Shaking my head, I get up and walk to a disbelieving Jungkook. I point to where Jungkook had sat Bobo and call for the rebellious puppy. ''Bobo, come here!''

He stops and looks at me, contemplating and weighting his options. Is it worth it to defy my command and get scolded for whatever he wants to do? Bobo chooses to obey and walks back to us.

''Sit.'' It takes him a few seconds but when he sits I motion for him to stay. Once that's done, I take Jungkook's hand and pull him to the couch.

''Ah, this little...''

I peer at Jungkook in surprise. He doesn't usually complain. ''What did he do?''

Sitting myself back down on the rug, a moment later he follows like a doll and folds into me. He wraps his arms around me and lays his head on my shoulder. ''That was so tiring.''

''What did he do?'' I repeat and caress his head.

''He wouldn't stop pulling.'' He murmurs. ''There were a few birds, too.''

''Ah,'' I voice in understanding. Bobo loves chasing birds or anything that moves, even leaves. ''I told you I would come with you. Bobo isn't easy.'' Jungkook had offered to take him for his night walk so I could finally shower and change.

Jungkook just grunts and I giggle quietly. My eyes land on Bobo who was starting to get impatient again. He wants to come in, too. ''Oppa, I pulled out some clothes for you to change into.''

Raising his head, it looks like he is half asleep. ''You have sweatpants big enough for me?''

''Of course, I have.'' I pat his thigh and laugh. ''They're my brother's.''

''Mhm,'' he throws his head back. ''I don't want to get up.''

''Aigoo,'' I massage the back of his head. ''At least you already washed up.''

Tiredly, Jungkook nods his head and moves to stand up not before leaning in to peck my cheek, then he gives me a cute, crunched up nose smile.
Today, my heart feels especially warm.

While Jungkook is in my room changing, I look at Bobo who had lied down on his stomach and was regarding me with the infamous puppy dog eyes.

''Bobo, come.'' I beckon softly and smile at him sliding across the floor from rushing in excitement. He comes at me and my chin. ''Hm, yes, Baby, I love you, too. But you have to listen, hm? The same goes for Jungkook-Hyung, you have to listen well.''
Bobo just my chin and I push his head away when it gets too much. Instead I lift him into my arms and wait for Jungkook in front of my room.

The door opens and Jungkook looks up from himself giving me a questioning look.

I regard Bobo in my arms and nod to him. ''Apologize.''

Jungkook smiles at once. ''It's ok. I still love you, Buddy.''

Moving Bobo close to him, he gets a kiss from a very affectionate puppy too and then I gasp in amazement when he puts a paw on Jungkook's shoulder. ''Oh my god, did you see that?''

''What? What? What?'' His eyes are wide with the same excitement just no reason.

''His paw! Bobo just gave you his paw!'' I squeal in delight and try again by stepping back and then returning to Jungkook's side. And without me saying anything Bobo once more lifts his paw and puts it on his shoulder. ''Aaaah!''
I'm so ecstatic, I actually begin to sway the puppy from side to side overflowing with joy. ''You finally learned to give the paw! Good, good Bobo! Oppa, I've been trying to teach him that for weeks!''

''Maybe it wasn't working before because your mind communication didn't reach him while you were gone.'' Jungkook says like a smartass but when I turn to hit him I see that he is also swaying his arms to mimic my excitement from before. ''Unless you meant before you left...'' His freezing at my glare and building wrath makes me break into a laugh.

I release Bobo to the floor and hug Jungkook around his waist. ''When do you need to wake up?''

His arms had wound around me immediately and I squeal when he somehow manages to lift me up, carrying me to the couch. ''I'm not ready to sleep, yet.''

''No, for real, when do you have to get up?'' When he lowers me to my feet, I glance at the clock. ''It's eleven soon. Don't you have to promote?''

''Hm... I have to go to pre recording.'' We sit down on the floor. No idea why we're not doing so on the couch.

''What time is it?'' He tells me it's at four in the morning and my eyes almost fall out. ''What? That's in five hours! Go, sleep!''

''But I missed you so much.'' He looks at me leaning his head on the seat of the couch. Why does he have the puppy dog eyes too? ''I want to see you for juuust a bit longer.''

My weak heard giving in easily, I put my hand on his head and he closes his eyes. For the next minutes, I just and play with his hair and he keeps his eyes closed in relaxation.
I move my hand from his hair to the back of his neck and begin to massage it gently, my eyes glued to the screen that was screening a drama.

''This feels so nice.'' He says quietly and when I peer at him his mouth is curved upwards. He must have been feeling stressed about his promotions, the musical, the rumors and me too.

I put my arms around his shoulders and hover over him in a hug. All I can think about is how even his hair smells nice as I peck the top of his head.

''You feel like Hobi-Hyung.''

''Do I?'' I feel his hand on my knee.

''Really warm.'' He looks up.

''Motherly and nurturing?'' I offer and he nods with a pretty smile.

I know how much the members mean to him. They are his family. They each played their own role in his upbringing. For him to find similarities between me and someone as selfless and giving as Hoseok feels like he gave me the biggest praise ever.

Being apart for those two weeks had shown each of us what we would lose and that we should treasure more what we already have in each other. Especially me.
Only because he shows me love unconditionally doesn't mean that I can expect him to always be there waiting. Like this, our companionship had rose to an even more passionate and appreciative level. We have gained a new kind of understanding as significant others.

It's a relief that I followed my instinct to come back sooner. That makes me remember something I've been meaning to ask.

''Oppa.'' I begin and give my sole attention to him.

Jungkook looks at me. ''Hm?''

''At the press conference,'' I start off tentatively. ''The MC mentioned that you posted something in the fancafe.''

He nods. ''I wrote a letter to ARMYs.''

I take a deep breath. ''What did you write to ARMYs?''

He braces his arm on the couch so he can look at me more comfortably and stares into my eyes. ''Dear all ARMYs, whether you may be an old ARMY or newly joined ARMY, I want to thank you for all the love you have given me and Bangtan all this time. This album is one of the most personal works I have shared with you and it symbolizes a new path in my life as an artist as well as a human being.''

I smile. He speaks so well now.

''Aside from Bangtan and my family, you, ARMYs, have been the closest group of people to me and I know it's a privilege and honor to still have you by my side.'' Jungkook was concentrating on a spot on my neck. ''I will never be able to repay you for what you've given me, for what you've sacrificed for me but what I can do is be truthful and respect you like I hope I do to any person around me. As I said, this album and all the songs are very sentimental to me. Especially one song is a very personal experience from my life.''

Jungkook halts and he breathes in shakily. Baring himself like that to millions of people must have taken a toll. It must have been nothing but easy. And judging by how he knew the letter word for word means that he must have let his heart speak.

''I know a lot of you won't be pleased to read this but I also don't want to lie to you and I don't want to lie to myself or my loved one. I want you to hear it from me and not from anyone else which will then unsettle you.
''I know it's a lot to ask since you have already given me so much but I hope in this stage of my life you can understand and hopefully overtime forgive me as I know I will hurt some of you.''

A pressure weights on my chest at the choice of his words.
Why does he have to be forgiven for being in love? Why would he have to explain himself like that? Why does he have to get hurt too?
I can see it in his eyes, he didn't want to hurt his fans. He loves them, too.

''Remember, you will always stay in my heart and I will always be thankful to ARMYs and everything you have suffered through. But as the Jungkook you watched grow up, I hope you can understand my greed. My greed to step on a new flower road is bigger than ever.
''For what it is worth, just as I said I will be your forever singer five years ago, in another five years, I would still like to be your forever singer. I will never forget the things you've done for me and Bangtan and I know I will never be able to repay you in this life. Just one more time, I hope ARMYs will give me their understanding. Until here, this was your Jeon Jungkook, this time not as an artist but a greedy and hopeful person. Thank you, ARMYs. For everything.''

What greed? Why did he have to talk about himself like that? Jungkook is anything but greedy. He is the most genuine and caring boy I've ever met. Jungkook is too good for this world.

I feel his hand on my cheek. ''Don't cry, ________.''

I hadn't even noticed my tears had fallen. ''I'm sorry it has to be like this.''

He shakes his head. ''Don't be. It is my choice.''

I clutch his hand into mine. ''I don't mind not being public if it makes things easier.''

His thumb brushes my cheek. ''But I do. You're my future, ________-ie.''

''ARMYs are your future, too.'' I don't want him to feel like he has to sacrifice one for the other. ''I don't want you to—''

''It's something I should have done as soon as I realized I was 100% serious about our relationship.'' Jungkook scoots closer. There is concern in his eyes but most of all determination. ''If I don't, there will always be something in the way. I want to fly with you without any restraints.''

''But why did you portray yourself like that. If they are your real fans then no explanation should be needed. Love is part of everyone life, of everyone's future. And you're not greedy for wanting what everyone has.''

''Because I am greedy.'' I look at him. ''There are times when I want to give it all up for you. As much as my fans and my career are my future, ________, you are my longtime future.''

I stare at him in complete awe. I'm his longtime future and he said it with such resolve and commitment too. My lower lip quivers and I drop my head onto my arm on the couch. ''Ah, what even. Why would you say that?''

''Why?'' He asks with a hint of amusement and touches my head. ''You should be happy.''

''You should not have to live without one or the other.'' I raise my head and wipe away the fallen tears. ''You're too good for me.''

''________,'' his tone turns serious, almost stern. ''There is no such thing as too good or not good enough between us, ok? I love you and you love me. That's what matters.''

''But your fans...'' I know how much a fandom means to an artist. Without them they wouldn't be where they are. I don't want him to feel like he betrayed them for me.

''I mentioned something about respecting my fans, right?'' I nod and sniff. ''But it's also about respecting you, ________. You're your own person with your own emotions and rights and deserve respect. I don't ever want to live a day where I don't believe I respected you. ''
Another wave of tears overtake me. ''And also, honesty is always the best, don't you think? Having lies only leads to distrust. Truth, even if it hurts at first, will heal cleanly one day while wounds caused by deception only cause an ever present splinter. So, don't worry, ________. Just like time healed your wound, time will also heal theirs.''

My lips tremble as I gaze at his beautiful face and think about his beautiful and wise words that come from his heart. He has really grown up to be an honest, honorable and wise man.

I can't contain it anymore. I jump him. I kiss his forehead then his left cheek then his right cheek then his cute nose and then his chin. He just laughs joyfully and wraps an arm around me. ''You're this happy?''

I pull away and beam down at him. ''Yes.''

''That's very good.'' He blinks and his eyes are tender with affection. ''As long as it makes you happy it's worth it.''

I melt right on the spot. I kiss him again with all the love I can possible garner in me. His hands grip onto me and mine lose themselves in his soft hair.
When we part for air, I continue to kiss down his jaw and neck, feeling like a completely different person. It seems like the love for him in me is more than I ever imagined.

With the ice broken earlier, his hands now freely and less reserved roam my thighs. He pulls me down on him. But he is still careful and slow about it, both of us stepping into new territory.
But it reaches to a point where he groans as his hand clench on my hip the other in my hair. ''________, I really think we should sleep or I'm going to be even more flustered than before.''

Oh, he didn't have to tell me, I already know. I could feel him. I laugh with a new found sense of confidence and pull away for the moment. His eyes are shining bright and even my own voice sounded different. More bold. ''But I want you to.''

There is surprise at my words but also hope and anticipation. ''Eh?''

''Eh?'' I mimic. Come on. He has to get it, right?''

Once more but a little slower, he his head. ''Eh?''

''I mean if you really want to go sleep...'' I move to get off of him but he tightens his hands on my hip.

''No, no, no, wait.'' He blinks at me. Why is he in awe? ''Are you certain?''

''I'm certain.''

His eyes are so round and innocent I feel like I'm the bad influence here. ''Really?''

''Jungkook-ah...'' I groan as my head falls back. ''I swear if you make me say it one more time, I'm really going to sleep.''

Suddenly, Jungkook stands up with me straddling him just like that as if I weighted nothing. I gape at him, startled. His eyes sparkle in liveliness. ''Now, we wouldn't want that.''

''Oh, now, you're back to being an international playboy.'' His voice is so flirtatious. I loved it. My heart pounds stronger and faster than ever as he starts carrying me into my bedroom.

''I'm no international playboy. I'm just your-boy.'' I adore it whenever his voice gets boyish and sheepish from saying cute things.

My eyes bore into his as he walks in and makes me laugh when he kicks the door shut behind him. He laughs finding it funny himself. I guess he really has enough of Bobo interrupting our moments.

And like this, there is absolutely no greed for the rest of the night. Between Jungkook and I, there is only love.

Just learning, giving and sharing.



— — —

guys, I meant to post this yesterday but then I was shopping and I was so tired I napped in the bus then I came back, started to edit but then my niece called to facetime, so I did that until 2am... and then I finished editing till almost 5am lmaoooo then I slept and then I woke up cleaned my room and this is now 5pm...xD I really love this chapter.. it's so beautiful, if I do say so myself hehe and I hope you will think so too^^

just now For You came on on my random playlist and I felt so nostalgic. this has been such a long journey for me and you were all part of it! Thank you to the ones who have been here from the start and of course thank you to all of you who are here with me right now. I love you hehe.

idk why I'm getting so sentimental lol it's not the end haha anywaaaay the tickets sold out so faaaast for pre sale and they are being sold for.... so much more and I was so stressed and nervous I almost would have bought one of the resell ones but then my rational side kicked in and it was like bich the original price is alreay too much dont you dare buy the resell one. and I'm honestly just giving myself head movies (eh its something we say in german) the public sales haven't even started, I'm just getting affected by people saying how the tickets are gone but they are really not all gone... and it really doesn't help that bighit changed their page to sold out for hk concert -.- thankfully now idc anymore, it will happen if it will happen and if it doesn't it's just not meant to be. sleeping it over really helps :D

Also, I also got a big LINE FRIENDS Brown plush, I'm so happy hehe

also (I really love using also lol) what happened with the title is that I'm mixing crush-beautiful with bts-butterfly prologue vers hehe I just listened to them and I couldn't decide

edit after I published this: -.- the title was too long so I cut out 'like' orz... it's supposed to be 'like a beautiful butterfly~' sigh