Unspoken Words

like a butterfly~

"Hello?"

"Hey, my friend." It's Joon.

"Wow, how long has it been since I last heard from you?"

He chuckles on the other line. "Sorry, that I've been neglecting my two favorite girls."

"Hey, I don't mind, you should worry about Lee." I pull the coat tighter around me, the early morning breeze making me shiver. "So, what's up why did you call?"

"I need to ask you to do something for me."

"I have a feeling it's for Lee."

I hear him chuckling. "You know me too well."

The next few minutes, Joon proceeds to explain his plan to me and my part. "So romantic." I gush when he finishes.

"Yeah, yeah. Just make sure you're on time."

"Have I ever not been?" At the entrance to the parking lot I spot the person I was meeting up with and wave in their direction. "Hey, I have to go now."

"Alright, ________, see you." Finishing the call, I slip my phone into my pocket and walk over to Jieun's brother. 
"As we make our way in, I can see all the fans waiting outside for their idols. "Wow, there are a lot of people here today."

"There is a special broadcast going on today." Which basically meant that there will be a lot of groups performing not just the ones who are promoting. "Most of the idols already arrived though. So I never understand why they are still here."

"They're dedicated, that's why." I lower my head seeing all the cameras and hurry after Sungmin who takes me in. "Aren't you busy?"

"Actually, I am."

"Go ahead then I should know the way." I've only been here a few times.

"Nah, my sister will murder me." Sungmin stops in the middle of the hallway. "Can you wait for me just a second? I need to notify the producer about something."

"Oh, yeah, sure." Patting my back, he then walks over to one of the doors and disappears into it. 
Awkwardly stranded in the middle of the hallway, I move back so the wall is behind me and patiently wait for Sungmin to finish up.

"________-ah."

I look up surprised to hear her voice. "Yejin-Eonni."
Yejin runs up to me and even though she is smaller than me she throws her arms around my waist and spins me around. I laugh and hug her close when she puts me back on the ground. "It's been so long since I've last seen you."

"Yeah, right. I've been so busy lately." She pouts and holds my hand.

"Its not just you, I've been quite busy as well." I look at her manager, who was waiting for her. "Are you performing later on?"

"Yeah, will you watch?"

"Yes, of course. I'll never pass up on Miss Ailee's powerful performance." Her big grin can brighten anyone's day. "Good, I'm going to rehearsal soon. See you later."

"Ok." I nod enthusiastically and just like she always does she pats my . "Ailee fighting!"

"Wooh!" Bouncing up and down, she continues on her way making me smile.

~ ~ ~

True to my words, or more thanks to coincidence, I get to watch Ailee's rehearsal performance as I'm waiting for Jieun to arrive who according to Sungmin should be here anyway.
But she wasn't, so being the protective friend that he is, Sungmin insists on waiting with me.

Finishing her rehearsal Ailee comes down the stairs, having seen me already she comes. "How was it?"

"Perfect as always." I touch a hand to my heart. "Your voice, Eonni, always makes me melt to the floor."

"So dramatic." She laughs at my expression.

I raise my eyebrow at her, teasingly. "I'm learning from my friends."

Her manager says something to her. "I have to go now. Will you be there for the actual performance?"

I look at my watch. "When is it?"

"According to the line up, it should be at 6."

"Yeah, I'll be bored to death till then but I guess I'll be there."

She pats my again. "You'll survive. Just come looking for me later if it's too unbearable."

"If I don't get lost in the process." I really should pay more attention to my surroundings.

"Just ask around. You will manage." She pulls me in for a quick hug. "I'll get going now."

Watching her leave, I see that someone had been standing behind me the entire time. "Aish, you trying to give me heart attack?" It also didn't help that it was so dark in here.

"Sorry," I know Sungmin was trying not to laugh. "But I didn't want to interrupt your conversation."

"Have you found Jieun-Eonni?" He had gone off in search for her.

"She's over there." He points at a petite figure talking to a camera man. "I really need to get going now but we can have lunch later."

"Yeah, sound goods. Thanks again." I give him a hug and watch as he exists the stage hall in a rush. I should have insisted for him to just go, seems like he really is very busy.

"________-ie." Jieun appears in front of me. "Hey, sorry for being late, it's been a hectic day."

"No problem, I don't have anything to do today anyway." I pull away from the hug. "Are you very busy? I can come back later. I'm actually staying for a friend's performance and seems like I'm also having lunch with Sungmin-Oppa."

Jieun's eyes focus on something behind me. "Hold on, ________. I'll be back in a minute. Stay here, don't move."

Wow, everyone is really busy today. I wonder what special broadcast they were doing. Waiting for Jieun to return, I watch the people around me. The camera men, the coordinators, and the artists.

My eyes widen when my they come in contact with Jin and I'm sure my jaw dropped. He looks at me for second with a normal expression and then too looks taken aback as he recognizes me.
Although, I really didn't want to, I still bow out of manners and when I straighten up, I see that that had made it worse because now the person next to him had also turned around to face me. Jimin.

I try not to grimace as I bow once more, Jimin doing the same and even though they are across the room near the stage, I could tell that this was just as awkward for them as it was for me.

Luckily Jieun returns before I can grab any more of their attention. I smile when when looks at me apologetically. "I'm sorry about that, today is really an important day."

"What is it for?" I turn by back to Bangtan, so I don't get distracted.

"We are actually doing a summer show outside, but it rained earlier today so we have to do the rehearsals here until we can clean up the stage." She rambles on and I try not to smile at her anxious expression. "And everything is so messed up I think I'm going to go crazy."

"Eonni, calm down. You are amazing at your job." I rub her back and she sighs again apologetic.

"I'm so sorry, I wanted to have some lunch and deliver my mother's things but instead you keep having to wait."

"Stop apologizing. It's quite refreshing actually. I keep being in my classroom that I forgot how much more hardworking other people are. It kind of grounds me."

Jieun gives me the side eye. "Don't let your brother hear that."

"What? That I keep holing myself up with work?" I laugh. "Yeah, he really doesn't need to know."

"Have you visited him recently?" Her eyes briefly flash to something on the stage.

"Yeah, he asked about you." The lights go on on stage.

She runs her hand through her hair, stressed. "I really need to take a day off for him. I feel terrible." Again her eyes flash towards the stage and then she groans in frustration. "Can they do their work for once?"

When she moves to apologize I give her an understanding smile and tell her to go ahead. Just then my phone vibrated in my pocket. It's Minhyuk.

"What's up?"

"I'm sorry I had to leave early that night."

"Don't worry, I had your mother as company." I watch Jieun barking orders at a few staff members. "I wanted to drive her home but she insisted on taking a taxi."

"It's not even on your way." Like mother like son. "You drove your car home?"

"Yeah, I didn't drink. I can't, remember?" I also don't like the feeling of being drunk.

"Oh, I thought you might have built up a tolerance."

"No, no time for that." I hear a small commotion to my side and look to see that they had to move a few equipment to where I was currently standing.

"Where are you at right now? The connection is terrible."

"I'm inside the KBS building." I move to another spot, closer to where Bangtan was standing.

"—there?"

I have no other option than to acknowledge them now as I walk by them. "What did you say?"

"I asked you what you were doing there."

I spot Jieun looking at where I had stood before, her eyes roaming the area, worried. I raise my hand so she can see me. "Oh, yeah, sorry. Jieun asked me to meet up, so here I am."

"Ah, right, I wanted to ask you if you have time for lunch later."

I was about to say yes when I remember that I already had plans with Sungmin and also Ailee was on my waiting list. "No, sorry. I'm already having lunch with Sungmin-Oppa."

"Who?" Oh, right he doesn't know him, so I explain. 
"Wah, you're always so busy." No, he's just always late. "Then, I'll have to discuss it with you over the phone."

"Discuss what?" Suddenly, the music starts playing for a few seconds and then cutting off again giving me a small hock. "Sorry, can you text me the information? I think rehearsal is starting."

"Yes, sure. Does that mean you'll agree to do it?"

"Do what?" Had I missed something? "Don't try to trick me, Minhyuk-ah."

I can hear him snickering sheepishly. "Alright, I'll continue to text you since I can barely hear you."

We hand up and I look up to see Jieun pushing her way through the staff and grabs my hand. "________-ah, you should wait for me outside, I don't like seeing you standing here by yourself."

"It's no big deal." It's not that dark, also the many people helped.

"No, really. I wish I could find you a chair." She looks so stressed. "So, it's best if you wait for me outside or at the canteen."

Relenting so I could ease one of her worries, I give her a hug and tell her to call me once she is done.
Opening the door to the bright hall, I suddenly feel the urge to look behind me and when I do I see Bangtan taking the steps up to the big stage.

For the first time today, I spot Jungkook, his back so familiar to me and there was also the name tag. I was tempted to stay for their rehearsal but I really shouldn't.

Out of nowhere he turns and looks right at me. Taken a back, I feel flustered and bow my head before quickly exiting the stage hall.

~ ~ ~

Some time later, I'm on my way back to my car with a polystyrene-box in my hand filled with side dishes that Jieun's mother had kindly prepared for me.

Turning the corner, to my luck or rather lack of, I find Jungkook walking in my direction with Taehyung by his side.

Taehyung sees me first and nudges Jungkook's arm. As he had obviously noticed me already, I greet him first.

"Hello." With the box in my hand I bow politely.

Jungkook's head snaps in my direction, I bow again. Taehyung returns the greeting with Jungkook mumbling his one. Talk about awkward.

Walking by them I keep my head down and avert my gaze, feeling really weird. I almost sigh in relief when I think they have rounded the corner but then I hear my name being called. 
Pondering whether to just continue walking or not, I decide on the latter because ignoring him would be rude.

"Yes?" I turn around seeing Jungkook jog over to me. Without my heels, I notice that he's grown taller, not much but he had. His physique made the biggest difference.

Up close, I notice that he had gotten much broader than I had thought at first and his facial features weren't only sharper but also more masculine. His eyes drop to the box in my hand then return to my face hesitantly.
"I wanted to thank you." When I look at him in confusion he elaborates. "For letting me stay at your home."

"Oh, that." I hoist the box higher. "It's no problem at all. I tried to bring you to your company first but I think it was too late already. I would have let you stay in Joon's apartment but he wasn't home." Now in retrospect, I definitely acted too rashly. "Did you get home well?"

"Yes, I did." Again Jungkook sounds hesitant to ask the next question? "Did anything happen?"

My eyes that had strayed from his, because I just wasn't used to looking into his eyes, return back to his. "No? Oh, wait. You might find a bump on your head. While getting you out of my car, I think you bumped your head."

"So, that's why..." Gingerly, Jungkook presses a hand to the back of his head. "But I didn't do anything else?"

"No, you were drunk asleep if that's what you mean." Something down the hall grabs my attention. It's Ailee holding hands with Jimin, not Bangtan's Jimin but AoA's. I smile at her while she looks at me and Jungkook with curiosity.

Jungkook noticing them bows. I peek up at him and hoist the box up higher, just standing there was starting to make it heavier than it is.

Jungkook again glances at the box and then back at me. "Where are you going?"

"Me? I'm just going to bring this to my car." This conversation was really so unusual and normal, it's weird.

"It is... heavy?" Jungkook sounds just as awkward as I felt.

"Not really." Not a lie. "Do you mind if we walk while talking?"

His eyes widen a bit and then he nods. "Yes, of course."

"Thank you." I avert my gaze and turn towards the hall to start walking. "How have you been?" I cringe internally, I couldn't have asked him something more intelligent.

I can feel him looking down at me. "I've been good. And you?"

"Me too." My phone vibrates again. Wondering who it could be this time, I balance the box on one hand. Being careful not to drop all of Jieun mother's hard work.

Not a moment later, the box is lifted out of my hand. I look at Jungkook for a second seeing him smile faintly. Dropping my eyes, I pull my lips into my mouth and thank him quietly.

I take my phone and see that is it from Ailee.

'he looks so big next to you'

My eyes widening, I look over my shoulder and just as I had assumed there she was in the hallways talking with Jimin. I see her winking at me and I wave for her to mind her own business.

In awkward silence both of us not knowing what to say, we walk up to the entrance until I stop, knowing that he can't go out. I hold out my hand and wait for him to hand me the box, I nod my gratitude and then turn to exit the building.

"________."

I stop and glance up at him. "Yes?"

His eyes switch between focusing on my left to my right eye, his own looking indecisive. After a few seconds, Jungkook sighs and his shoulders drop. "Did you perhaps see my wallet?"

"Your wallet? You mean in my apartment?" Thinking back if I had, I shake my head. "I don't think so but I can look again."

Putting a smile on his face that doesn't reach his eyes, he nods. "That would be great."

"If I find it I'll...." I couldn't really call him. "I'll find a way to give it to you."

"Thank you."

Smiling stiffly, I nod my head. "Well, then."

Once I'm out of the building I breathe out deeply, welcoming the fresh air. Gosh, this was so weird.



— — —

so anyone heard of the comeback thing going on on twitter... don't want to spread any false informations but im kinda nervous...

bangtan-ah pls wait just a little bit longer ok? why do they always have to comeback every 5 months orz with all the merch my bank account really has no time to recover buuuut at least that makes me save up for the upcoming promotions.... ugh melon streaming I'm already stressing lol... from now on I'm going to be watching out for every monday midnight kst xD

also why the heck has finding a title become so difficult? I can't come up with good ones anymore orz