Outro : Dream

like a butterfly~

"Jungkook, look what I found." Walking out of the bathroom after taking a quick shower, ________ appears wearing a black silk bathrobe with the hotel's logo on the chest. She spins around. "We could have just slept in this."

They had previously only been able to find the thick terrycloth robes hence them getting shirts and shorts from the store.
Jungkook sits up to the edge of the bed as she approaches. She looks pretty. With her makeup free face, she looked fresh, a look that often reminded him of the first time he saw her in school.

"Where did you find it?" He catches one end of the belt around her waist and rubs the fabric between his fingers. So silky. He can't help but notice how nicely the robe fitted her. Wasn't it supposed to be one size fits all? Why is hers so small?

"It was folded in one of the cupboards over the sink... an odd place to put it but oh well." She shrugs before grabbing that hand suddenly, making him look up. "You're not really going to make me jump into the pool, right?"

The corner of his mouth lifts. She's still tying to get herself out of it. While they were visiting the gym after checking out the other platforms and centers available, they had looked at the view and seen the big pool. She had told him then about the mini version they had on their own veranda which naturally transitioned to them playing Rock Paper Scissor with the loser having to jump in as the punishment.

"I'm not going to physically make you, but you lost, so…" He's not planning on holding it against her if she really doesn't want to. It's just really amusing to see her finding ways to get herself out of the situation like her putting on this silk robe to distract him. It would have worked if it hadn't been for him spending the last minutes meditating in order for his mind not to wander. It's something he's been experiencing a lot around her, his emotions just have a mind of their own lately.

Sulking, she begins to pull away when he sneaks a hand behind her knee and nudges her on the bed, completely forgetting about the reason of the meditation.
Eyes shooting to his in a glare, she uses her hand to brace herself against his shoulder, her other hand still holding his, presumably to stop him from loosening the belt.
He recalls their playful conversation at the store and begins to pull, keeping his eyes solely on hers while he watches her gaze soften slowly.

But suddenly before the robe has a chance to unravel, she moves back from the bed and pulls the robe away revealing her wearing the rash gear. She laughs and sticks out her tongue. "Got you, Oppa. You're such a ."

"What do you expect from me?" It comes out with more edge than he had intended to, the frustration at himself spilling. He's new to this.

"What?" Her eyes are widened.
Taking a deep breath, he runs his hands over his face and feels her standing over him again. When he glances up she pulls her lips into . "I'm sorry for teasing you."

He knows it wasn't with bad intent, she was just being playful. But just as he hadn't known, she obviously is unaware of the effect she has on him unless he tells her.
Taking her fingers into his, he bites his lip before speaking. "It's just, lately my emotions... are overflowing... I can't help it. It's not like I'm thinking about it all the time, but at random times my body just reacts more extremely than I want it to... I know I won't be able to see you for a while too." He trails off, tripping over his explanation unable to process his thoughts into words. How does she always manage to do it so well?

She stays quiet for a long time. He can tell that she was trying to work something through in her mind. "Can I help you?"

His thoughts quieten for a second before they go into overdrive, sending signals left and right and down, right where he did not need them. He groans and lets himself fall back onto the bed, and she follows, placing one knee next to his thigh never letting go of his hand.

"No, really, can I help you?" She asked it so genuinely that he opens his eyes. He had wondered for a split second if she was trying to initiate something, his thoughts going wild, but her eyes were peering down into his with sincerity. "Should I sleep on the couch tonight?"

Wait, what? "No! Of course not." Did she misunderstand? Why was it suddenly so hard to communicate? "You know that I'm not against… it... right?"

Slowly, she nods her head.

"I love it, actually." Jungkook rephrases with a softer tone which makes her smile. "But I don't want to be thinking about it all the time, that's not why I'm with you."

Still holding onto his hand, she lies down next to him, keeping a distance, worried that she would spark another wave of lust in him.
Just like that, the little storm that had built up in him drifts away. One of the things that he wholeheartedly treasures in her, is her levelheadedness whenever they talk about such topics. She's shy by nature, but she doesn't shy away from him. It's one of the traits that led him to fall in love with her.

Jungkook breathes in and out, in and out, hoping to find peace in himself. It helps a little until he turns his head to look at her and sees her peeking at his crotch. That thin wall of peace he was able to find broke into little pieces.
"Stop looking." Jungkook pleads in a whisper, not wanting to scare her off and she immediately snaps her gaze back to his and she ducks her head away.

"I'm sorry." She mumbles. "I just wanted to check if you've calmed down."

"It's not that easy." Even if he manages to calm down, the fact that the warmth of her affection is there and that he has a functioning male body, makes his fire ignite in no time.

Her lower lip puckers over her upper one in a cute pout.

"Don't you get ?" He surprised himself by asking her straight on.

Her eyes shoot up to his and her body shifts under his gaze, before she nods. Honesty. Another thing that he values in her. "But it was more curiosity... because I'm not a man."

He smiles and squeezes her hand. "Well, then, stop looking. You're turning into the ert now."

Coyly, she smiles to herself before pulls back and her teeth appear. "Sorry."

Seeing her smile, he notices was helping his situation. It reminded him that she was more important. So, he keeps speaking. "Remember what I said about you always apologizing?"

"Huh?" She frowns.

"The elevator."

Looking up at the ceiling it takes her a while to recall that memory. "Oh, the kiss."
He smiles. He will never get tired of seeing her animated expressions.
"Seems like so long ago." She muses. "We've come so far."

He rolls to his side facing her and clutches her hand to him. "And we will go even further."

She smiles at his words and gives a small nod before continuing in a more serious, almost careful way. ''Is everything... ok?''

Knowing that she wasn't referring to his current situation but the one concerning his public announcement, he realizes that they rarely talk about that. ''Yeah... you don't look into headlines, do you?''

She shakes her head. ''I don't anymore, except when Lee sends me links but I've asked her not to do it anymore. Obviously, I will see your name or the group's name on the front page but unless it's something about your achievements, I don't want to know. It makes me feel like I'm intruding into your privacy, like I'm snooping.''
It sounds ironic because there is nothing private about the media outlets' coverage on his personal life. But he knows what she means, she'd rather find out through him and he's thankful for that. ''I'd rather you tell me.''

Sometimes, it really seems like their minds are linked. ''Since you mentioned it, do you want to see something they wrote about... us?''

''Us?'' She's shocked to say the least. It's probably something she didn't expect to happen so soon. But they are good, more often than not they find out about relationships before they are even public. With Jungkook and her, it was more luck and the fact that she is not in the same industry as him and having people around them that didn't sell them out.
''Is it something malicious?''

''No,'' he responds softly, giving her the time to let that sink in. ''In my opinion, it's one of the nicest things they have written about a couple.''

''Can I read it?'' She's curious now.

Jungkook gets his phone from the table and sits down on the bed, she herself sits up. ''It was already a few days back when they published it and I didn't notice until a staff told me.''

''Your staff tells you these things?'' Jungkook nods. ''And it's really ok with the company?''

Jungkook nods, a little bit distracted trying to find the article that had been buried between others. ''Our company has a pretty good grasps on reality, it's part of everyone's life experience, you can't just put a ban on someone and miraculously expect everyone to follow through. You can't control someone elses feelings and Bighit knows that so they never restricted us. They trusted us and we trust them. We're getting old now too, you know.''

''Yeah, I know.'' She snickers, mocking him a bit.

''Here,'' finally able to find the article, he holds the phone in front of her only to pull it back, remembering something important. ''Don't read the comments, ok?''

Her brows pull close. '' Are they that bad? Everyone keeps saying that.''

''Who?'' Lee probably advised her since she's very much part of the industry.

''Lee Hongbin...'' She reveals slowly, watching him. Jungkook remembers him too well. He still doesn't like him at all. Smiling upon seeing his expression, she raises her hand and the side of his face. ''It was when the rumor with Yein spread and since he dated an actress before he gave me some advice.''

The comments under that article were very two sided. As most reactions are. ''You still read them, didn't you?''

She looks down at her hands and sighs. ''I had read them long before he talked to me.''

No wonder she was so insecure and suspicious of him even if it had only been for a short moment. That little bit of doubt festers and darkens your thoughts. If only he had known then. Suddenly, he thinks showing her the article about them is a bad idea.

''Show me.'' She holds out her hand with a reassuring smile. ''I won't read the comments, I promise.''

''It's not that I don't want you to read them because of me,'' he has learned to take the hate directed at him, had a lot of years to build a barrier. It's for her. ''Even if there are ten comments of support, it takes only one comment of hate to make you feel like crap. I don't want you to feel sad.''

Nibbling on her lower lip, she mulls it over. When she peers at him, he holds out his phone but she shakes her head after another few seconds of pondering and pushes his hand back to him. ''You just tell me what it is about.''

''Ok.'' Maybe that's for the best. She knows herself best. She's bound to get upset. This way she gets to know but she also keeps a safe distance from that side of his profession. ''Hm, ok.. so, what they wrote...'' Jungkook trails off not particularly talented in summarizing something.
''They wrote about the day we went out with Bobo and they focused on the part where we were running around, or rather I was chasing you. They basically said that we are the epitome of youth.. 'a youthful love', to be exact.''

He scrolls through the article one last time to make sure he didn't miss anything important and then looks at her to gauge her reaction.

She's frowning again. ''Did they put photos into the article?''

''Yeah, but they blurred your face.''

''Oh, they did?''

''They can't show your face, you're not a public figure.'' And after today, Jungkook will try to find a way for everyone to be aware of that.

''Oh...'' He gives her time to think again. This is her first experience being the subject of the media, it must be confusing and scary. ''Wait, that was near home, will they be there all the time now?''

Jungkook never thought about that. His heart suddenly feels heavy, maybe they shouldn't spend time at her apartment anymore. ''I'll talk to the company about it, see what I can do, but the media didn't disclose the location.''

She continues to nod to herself.

''Ok?'' He needs to know if this was too much for her. Even though she doesn't need to know about the media's interest in them, this was a good introduction into it because they weren't biased and wrote nicely about them.

Her lips press together into an accepting smile. ''Ok.''

''Ready to watch the stars?'' He had the Jacuzzi while she washing up and it's the perfect opportunity for them to relax.

''Yup.''

''Let's go, let's go to the stars!'' Jungkook says in that funny way, shooting his hand upwards in excitement making her laugh.

~ ~ ~

"What color do you think looks best on me?"

"White." Jungkook answers in an instant, remembering the pretty white dress she wore the day of his showcase. He will probably remember it forever.

"White?" She taps her chin, eyes directed towards the ceiling. "I can't wear white."

"Why? What is it for?" He hoists himself up, under the cover of the bed and takes a peek down her shoulder, seeing her scrolling through photos of gowns. "Joon and Lee's wedding?"

"Hm, Lee just asked me to ask you what dress I should wear because I couldn't decide today." She's avoided her phone the whole night, leaving it on the bedside table as it kept blinking alight with new messages from her best friend.

"You tried on dresses today?" Matching her position, he rolls to his stomach too, elbow taking his upper weight.

"Mhm, no, but I looked at a few and took some photos." That's a relief. Even if Lee would never allow it, he would really like to see her try them on. An image of her twirling around in one manifests in his head.

"Pink?" She asks more to herself but then quickly shakes her head no.

"I don't see you wear color often." Actually, there is one. "How about yellow, you look cute in yellow."

"When did you ever see me wear yellow? I think I don't even own any yellow clothes."

"The uniform?"

"Oh, the uniform." Her tongue tends to peak out cutely whenever she is in concentration. "I think you looked better in it."

Jungkook has to chuckle. That wasn't really the point he wanted to make but he'll take it because it reminded him how she had called him handsome when he was still a stranger to her.
"What other options do you have?" He proceeds to look down her shoulder but she just hands him her phone. While he's scrolling down the photos, he tries to envision her wearing them.

She lays her head on his shoulder with a sleepy expression. She had been exhausted early on but throughout the day she had been the best friend and companion.
"I don't want to wear a dress." She says out of nowhere, dropping her head to her arms.

"Why?" Jungkook asks carefully. He never thought about it but there is always the possibility that she feels insecure about her body.

Groaning, she raises her head and looks at him, grimacing. "Do you know how annoying dresses are especially long ones that spill over, so you have to wear heels and then most likely they are strapless so you're trying not to flash someone the whole night. You're already busy trying not to trip on the skirt of the dress with all its fabric, so always remember to kick the dress, kick the stupid dress."

"Kick the dress?" Is the only thing he manages to grasp.

"Yes." She sighs and ruffles her head. "I went to a wedding a few years back and I wore this long dress and wore heels for the first time and because I was younger the gown kept inching down, it was a nightmare."

He closes his mouth, realizing it had dropped open and purses for a second. "But... you should be fine now you have nice-sized brea—"

"Not the point, Jungkook." His brows pull together until he gets what she meant, he has to smirk. Not his point either but ok.
She sighs once more and rolls to her back. "It's cold too and everyone is looking… and going to the toilet, oh god."

He smiles and continues strolling through her options. It's the same when he has to wear suits for award shows or any type of ceremonies. They are heavy and often times too constricting, including the button ups they give him.
There is always that other side to looking pretty and made up, it's not easy to maintain that visual.

"What do you think about…" He scrolls back up to the one he likes the most. "Light blue?"

"Light blue." She repeats after him. "The one-shoulder one?"

"Yeah," he zooms in to confirm. "Won't this help with your dress sliding off?"

She cracks a smile and lifts herself up, petting the back of his hair. "This gown is actually the one I like the most too."

"Oh, really?" Jungkook holds out his fist and after a split second of confusion she bumps her own against it. "You will look so pretty."

"Too bad you won't be able to come, I would look even prettier with you by my side." Nothing is set in stone yet, but there is a high chance that the date of their friends' wedding will crash with one of the award ceremonies he'll most likely attend. He feels guilty and regretful about missing his good friend's important day but it can't be helped.

Her smile is playful though and she knows how he feels about it. Leaning closer, he stares at her left eye for a moment, suddenly remembering how after he had washed up, she had taken a short glance at his face and uttered a simple phrase of 'wah, you have more lashes than me' before she had gone to take a shower herself.

He never particularly paid attention to lashes but shouldn't girls have more than boys?
"Can you close your eyes?" Jungkook asks, wanting to count each lash.

She closes them without hesitation. Although after counting to seven, her forehead crinkles and she opens one lid, realizing how close he is. "What are you doing?"

"Mhm," he whines in displeasure at having to count again. Her lashes are really fine so it's making things difficult for him, he didn't bring his glasses too. "I'm counting your lashes, now stay still."

The amused smile stays on her lips when she lies her head on her forearm, angling her head for him. He hovers over her, counting diligently. His verdict? He needs to bring his glasses everywhere.

He gives up, but she still unknowingly keeps her eyes shut and he took this chance to just take her in.

She is comfort, she is home.

"You know," she immediately open her eyes, hearing him speak. "You remind me of my Hyungs."

"In what way?" She tucks her hand under her cheek, looking at him as if he is her world.

"Just… everything." He was suddenly finding it hard to find the right words. It's not something he planned on telling her because he worried that she wouldn't like being compared to a guy. But this has been on his mind a lot.
"Like with Namjoon-Hyung, I want to learn from you. I feel like you've seen more of the real world than I have, I find myself learning a lot about life through you." He glances at her briefly to gauge her reaction. She's smiling fondly, so he continues.
"Yoongi-Hyung, he is very strong. He went through a lot emotionally growing up but he is still so strong and so bright. And so are you, ________. It's admiring. I admire you."

Her smiles had faded now but he knows it's because he brought up something saddening.

"Seokjinie-Hyung, I love you obviously but I can still bicker with you and tease you, joke with you and you always take it so well. I really love that. It's a big part of who I am, so I am thankful."
He didn't even mean to confess like that but it's happening. She knows that the team made him who he is today, so maybe like that he will finally be able to convey how happy and lucky he feels to have her.
"Hobi-Hyung, you already know, you're nurturing by nature. You make me feel warm and safe. Always loved, never alone." He watches her smile shyly and it's endearing.
"Jiminie-Hyung, hm… ah," it took him a moment to find the similarities. "You aren't scared to treat me like you're older. Obviously, Jimin is older but I really like it when you pat my head or massage my neck. I love your affection, I love your confidence in your love."

Her hand seeks his and latches on tightly, her lids fluttering repeatedly and he knows she's going to cry. "Taehyungie?"

"Taehyung… What I'm most thankful for is that you also think and care for me like a friend." She doesn't judge him, never has. He is able to confide in her even if it's sensible topics that girls maybe don't want to hear and know about. He is able to share things with her that he usually keeps to himself. "It's like you're not just my girlfriend but also trying to become my best-friend."
He is proud of himself for being able to explain it to her so elaborately but then she bursts into tears.

"Aw, don't cry." He puts his arm around her.

"Ah, it's just I know how much they mean to you, so I just realized how meaningful your words are." She sniffs and has calmed down already. "I just got emotional."

To his surprise, he feels his own eyes filling with tears. She feels so much, for him, for her friends, for her family and now finally starting to feel for herself.

"I'm going to kick you if you cry." She says while wiping her eyes roughly. "The last time you cried was when I broke up with you, I hated myself for it."

"Aigoo," he pulls her close, right into his arms. "I cry easily."

Muttering something into his chest, which sounded very much like 'shut up', she hugs him tight.

Unmoving for a long time, Jungkook lifts one arm carefully and reaches behind him to turn off the bedside lamps, masking them in the dark calm of the night.
He pulls the cover higher around them when she speaks, revealing that she actually had not fallen asleep like he had assumed.

"Oppa, what is your dream?"

"Dream?" What is his dream? He is taken aback to find that he doesn't have a dream because most of them he was lucky to achieve early on. Most of the dreams and goals he's had were in correlation to the group and for the team. He's never had any greed for himself except to always improve himself as a human being. But that's not a dream...

But... who said dreams have to be big?

"For everyone I love to find their happiness."

Her head moves back to look at him more properly and even though it's dark, the sheer curtains allowed a little of the moonlight to seep through, he can see the awe in her eyes.
"Happiness?" Her voice is small.

"Yes," all his previous goals were about achievements for his career, for the team's career but one's career doesn't last a lifetime, at the end stand the people you have left that don't just love you for the glamour. "I, in particular, want the Hyungs to find their own happiness. We spent so many years giving our time to other people, pleasing other people, my dream is for them to start chasing their own happiness like I finally did this year."

She doesn't know because they don't let her know but each of the members have their struggles behind their smiles and it's always hard knowing but not being able to help. Jungkook really wishes that one day they can all come together and say 'I'm happy' and wholeheartedly mean it.

"That's a beautiful dream." And he is able to share that with her because she sees way beyond than just the words he says.

Jungkook focuses on her again, her voice guiding him out of his thoughts. "What about you?"

She doesn't say anything for the longest time, just taking deep breaths to think. "Honestly, I didn't dare to dream. Growing up, becoming an adult, I was discourages to dream and hope for anything above and beyond. Just keep to what you know you can do. Like that I became someone who was only able to live realistically." She is a realist but it's not as severe as she is describing herself to be. Behind the wall that she has formed around her in protection from disappointment and failure is a girl that has never stopped hoping.
"I never thought you were a romantic, but you are. You set your dreams so high, you would think it's impossible but like that you always have something to gain courage from. You're teaching me to live with hope." She smiles and caresses his face. "You make me want to dream with you."

Jungkook forms a smile of his own, loving the sparks in her eyes. That's what he means. The spark was always there, someone just had to ignite it. "What are you dreams?"

''I didn't think I had dreams before, they all just seemed like set markers in my life that I should be reaching anyway. While you were hugging me, I started to think, I drew a picture in my head and I think just now it became my dream.'' Her asking him first was to find reassurance for herself that her dream isn't childish or irrational or too big. Maybe through his dream she found clarity.

He reaches his hand out and tucks her hair behind her ear, feeling so proud of her. ''Will you tell me?''

She smiles brightly, even biting her lip as her eyes flare up in excitement. ''There is you, me, Bobo and a lot, a lot of children...''

For the next hour, she tells him all her dreams for herself and for her future, finally putting herself first and it makes him excited for her, hearing about the path she wanted to take. He's looking forward to the path they will go hand in hand.

A path, where they can dream and hope, going forward, together.

* * * * * * *

 

 a few years later... 

 

With a hammering heart and never-dying butterflies in his stomach, Jungkook goes down on one knee, with the ring in hand and gazes up at his love.




— — —
Is this the end? Is it? aaaaaaaah!

No, it's not. It's not the complete ending that I have in mind at least. This was the Outro to the main part of the story and after this will come at least two, maybe three (not sure because I haven't edited yet) epilogue chapters that will show a little bit of their future and the real ending that I always wanted to write for them.

Gosh, I have so much to say because this kinda feels like the ending but I will make a seperate update for my thoughts and feelings, like I usually do :D
For anyone that won't be reading the epilogue chapters, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading my fanfictions 'For You' and 'like a butterfly', I cannot possibly express how enriching this experience has been with you. You gave me so many nice comments, I've gotten to know so many wonderful people on the net and I really couldn't thank you enough for the encouragement and support you have given me from day one.

I think it's been around two years now... I started writing 'For You' a little bit after Dope era, so it's really been a long journey. Just as Jungkook and MC( main character) were able to grow, I was able to grow as a writer through them and a big part stems from the responsibility that I felt towards you all, I really wanted to give you my best and hope that I was able to improve.
To everyone that has stuck around till now, I wanna kiss your feet hehe thank you!

I'm really happy and proud of how this chapter turned out. Just like with FY's last chapter, I had such a hard time getting myself to start editing this, I didn't know how to end things prettily without it seeming forced, I just hadn't felt inspired to edit the last two weeks but suddenly two days ago (after chatting with a reader and now friend I got a spark of inspiration) so I rewrote a few parts. I'm really happy with the way things turned out and I'm actually a little bit (just a little hihi) proud of myself.... but why am I telling you this? I was gonna make a seperate post, what the hell -.- sorry

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it, thank you again and see you at the epilogues (I'm now so nervous re-writing those) I finished writing the first complete draft of 'like a butterfly' last October (OMG) so it's been awhile.... I'm scared

thank you once again <3

#SpringDay100M wohoooooo :P also... Young Forever, anyone? hihi love the lyrics, ok I'm going now bye

ok one last thing, I was listening to Eat by ZionT again recently and I felt such nostalgia. It felt like I was being thrown back to 2015 when I fell for Jungkook... ok I'm really gone now byebye