Feel

like a butterfly~

''Whyyy?'' I wail at no one in particular. ''Fate really hates me.''

Lee doesn't even respond anymore.

''I just want it easy in life...'' I burp and giggle at the sound. ''Don't I deserve to be happy? Ya! I'm always doing my best, why do you have to treat me like that?''

''Who?'' A male voice suddenly shouts. ''Who is treating you badly?''

I respond without turning to find the person. I point up. ''He hurt my father even though he already took my mother!''
The man shouts some curse, slurring in his drunken state. I hit my myself over my chest a few times. ''Bad daughter, bad daughter. Bad, bad, bad!''

''I think you've had enough.'' Someone catches my hand before I can continue.

"You!" I stand up from the chair clumsily and point at Joon who just appeared out of thin air. "Bad man! Look what you did to Lee!"

"Look, sit down. I don't want you to fall."

I slump down but still point at him. "You're lucky I'm drunk or I would've whooped your ."

Amused at my choice of words, he turns to Lee and then looks at me. "I'm going to take her home, where is your phone?"

"No one is going to take my Lee anywhere, especially not her bad fiance." I slap the table top with my bad hand and wince. "Ouch! Look what you made me do!"

"I'm going to take her home because you can't care for her. Now if you weren't drunk yourself, I'd be fine with her staying with you." He holds his hand out. "Your phone?"

"Dunno." I twist an empty bottle on the table. "What's a phone?"

"I'm going to call someone for you." He grabs something from the table. "Who was that again? That brother, Sungmin—"

"No!" I take two, luckily for me, empty Soju bottles and make an X. "If you call him I'm going to kill you. Call my brother."

"________, your brother is in the military."

I giggle loudly at my own stupidity and slap myself on the head.
"Oops, forgot. Just leave me here. I'm used to being alone. Yep, me a lonely person. ~Lonely, lonely, lonely whale~" I use one bottle as a mic. "~Singing alone like this~."

Seeing a unfinished bottle, I put it to my mouth and chug it down, enjoying the burning feeling, matching the bitterness inside me.

Burn it all away, drink more.

I continue to drink but then the bottle gets jerked away. "Are you crazy?" Joon says angrily holding a phone is his hand.

"Don't want to waste it." I reach out with my hand, woozy. "Gimme."

Sighing in frustration, he puts all the bottles on another empty table and sits down as well. "Someone is coming for you."

"Are you talking about Bobo?" Drunk me proceeds to make barking noises. "I don't have anyone else left."

"No, I called—"

Lee moans awaking from her drunken sleep. "—throw up."
Jumping to his feet, Joon quickly helps her up so she wouldn't throw up inside the bar. I don't know if they return or not because soon I fall asleep.

An unknown while later, I awake to somebody shaking my shoulder.

"Miss, Miss," the owner points at my phone. "Your phone has been ringing for a while now."

"Sorry." I mumble and decline the call not even having clear vision. I push to my wobbly feet and sling my bag over my shoulder, staggering out of there and on the quiet, cold streets.

The chilly night breeze feels wonderful and refreshing against my heated skin. I teeter towards a bench and sit down on it. I bend over and I undo the straps and take off my heels.
Wiggling my tired feet, it's a weird feeling to suddenly be barefoot. I start continue walking again without a destination.
Something in the back of my head starts to nag at me, something I should be remembering. Frustrated, I press the heel of my hand against my head and give up trying to figure it out.

Random sounds come out of my mouth as I wander the streets and throw back my head to look up at the sky. I stop abruptly and entertain the urge to spin around with my arms stretched wide. "Woooh!"
When I stop my vision sways. I brace a hand against the nearby street lamp and put a hand against my head, feeling nauseous.

Cold sweat breaks out on my neck when someone suddenly touches my arm from behind. I fling my arm away and turn around coming face to face with an angry Jungkook.
"Oh, hi, Mr. Handsome." I drag out the word in a delighted tone. "Why are you here? Am I dreaming again?"

"Joon called me." Jungkook sounds stiff. "Let's go home."

I back up quickly, shaking my head. "Ah, I don't want to."

"________." He calls out impatiently.

"You," I point my finger at him like I did with Joon earlier. "Bad man."

I don't see his reaction to my insult because I had turned around and started walking when Jungkook twist me back around pulling me to him, leaving no room for protest. "________, we're going home now."

I use all my strength left in me and push against his chest. To both our surprise he actually stumbles back.
"I don't want to go home. Home is no fun." I look up at the stars. "Home is lonely..."

"I'm here, ________." Jungkook takes a step closer. I retreat one. "I told you I'm not leaving you."

"No, no," I wiggle my index finger in a scolding way. "Don't come too close."

His eyes soften. "________-ie." There it is again, that damn endearment.

Childishly, I squeeze my eyes close and cover my ears. "Stop shaking up my heart! Stop calling me like that! Why do you keep confusing me? Why do you have to do this to me?"

"________." He takes my hands but I push at him again.

"No! You don't understand. I-I I'm trying really hard to be the good person here. You and Yein, a-and I'm trying to stay away from you, but then you keep looking at me like that and, and, and—" I wasn't making sense to myself thanks to my drunkenness. "I just don't know what to feel. So, please, can you stop making me feel?"

Breathing heavily, I try to calm down from my outburst. It makes me sober up a bit, the embarrassment starting to creep in.

Suddenly, Jungkook shrugs off his coat and reaches around me, draping it over my shoulders. Then he turns around, bending over. "Hop on."

"Why?" I ask honestly confused because it's not like I hurt my feet.

"Your feet must be freezing. Hop on, ________. You can continue yelling at me later."

I look down at my feet and to be very honest, I couldn't really feel them anymore. "I told you not to keep shaking up my heart."

Without commenting, he just gestures with a flick of his head to get on and even though I had just given my grand speech about staying away and being the good person, I put my hands on his shoulder, careful not to scratch his face with my heels, and jump on. Jungkook catches my legs easily.

"Where is your car?"

"Hospital." I yawn.

"Hospital? What happened?"

"I had a small ouch ouch yesterday" Feeling his hair against my chin, my attention is drawn towards it now.

"Did you get hurt?"

"No," I lay my head on my arm. "Only my poor car."

"How long does your car need to stay at the workshop?"

"Don't remember." I murmur and the back of his hair. "Where are we going?"

Jungkook turns his head a little. "Taking a walk since you don't want to go home."

"But I want to go home, I want to sleep." Deep down, I knew that I was being infuriating. "Also, Bobo."

"Joon got him." The warmth emitting from his body makes me sleepy.

I tug on his soft hair. "But I changed my code this morning."

"But he told me he got Bobo, so he must have found a way."

I giggle. "Was it 29481 or 47590?" I run my hand up and down, creating fluffy hair.

"Is it that fun?" Jungkook hoists me up higher.

"Hm," I smooth his hair back down and put my hand back over his shoulder. "I like your hair."

Having lost interest in his hair, I close my eyes and after some time am about to fall into sleep when Jungkook speaks. "________."

"Hm?" I peek one eye open to see that he was looking down at the ground.

"Earlier, you said Yein and I..."

Had I? I don't remember much of my ranting. "She's so pretty. You two look good together, even from the back."

"Do we?"

"Hm, she's also cute ." I put a thumb up. "Good choice, good choice."

"________-ah, I'm not in a relationship with Yein." Jungkook reveals with a serious tone.

"Ok..." Even though I might sound nonchalant about it, my heart feels lighter, relieved even.

"Is that what made you pull away from me repeatedly?"

"Shhh," I silent him. "I want to sleep. Stop talking."

I feel his shoulder vibrating and normally I would have given him a piece of my mind for laughing at me but sleep was enveloping me really fast, pulling me under.

* * * * * *

Kicking off his shoes, Jungkook has his hands full. Literally.

Ever since she fell asleep on his back, she hadn't woken up and that's probably a good idea. Her personality seems to multiply when she is drunk, which includes her stubbornness.

Carefully, Jungkook lays her down on his bed and breathes out heavily.
She is still wearing his coat over her leather jacket. She must be boiling under all that fabric, the alcohol in her blood added onto it. Still, she slept so peacefully.

His eyes trail down to her feet, he can't believe that she had actually taken her heels off and walked barefoot on the streets of Seoul. She could've stepped into something, glass included.

Ruffling his hair, Jungkook leaves to search for a towel and a bowl of water to clean up her feet.
The dirt on her feet wasn't deep so he didn't have trouble removing it. The problem was her repeatedly kicking around, probably because of the ticklish feeling.

Jungkook finishes up and moves over her to remove the jackets but before he can do so, he gets hauled on top of her, her strength once more taking him off guard.

"Kookie Bear," she says hoarsely. "I told you not to leave me."

"I'm not Kookie Bear." Bracing himself against the mattress, Jungkook scans her face.

"You smell nice." She hugs him tighter to her, her nose pressing against his neck. "It's hot."

With the same strength she is somehow able to push him away to sit up quickly. "This... is not my room."

"Yeah, it's mine." Is she really awake now?

"Are we having a sleep over?" She claps her hand excitedly. "I like sleepovers. It's been so long. What should be we do?"
Jungkook fights the urge to chuckle at her cute drunkenness.

"I'm hot." She takes off all coats at once, revealing that she was only wearing a thin white T shirt. "I'm drunk and I get to see your room. This is fun.''
She sounds more exhausted than like she was having fun. Her head is bent to the side as she sways softly. One sleeve falls off her shoulder but she doesn't seem to notice.

Jungkook reaches over to pull it back up but she flings her arms across her chest in an X. "You ert, I will not let you touch my ."

"I'm not." Drunk, she is even cuter. Her glare like one of a kitten's than a tiger.

"Yeah, that's because I'm not letting you." Putting her feet off the bed, she stands up wobbly. Jungkook catches her elbow to keep her steady. "My is mine. Only I can touch it... and Yejin-Eonni."

"Alright, I won't touch your ." Keeping a hand on her, Jungkook walks to his closet. "Let's get you into some warmer clothes. I still cannot believe you're only wearing a T-shirt."

She breaks free from him only to wrap her arms around his waist, pressing close against his back. "You're warm, Kookie Bear, I like it."

"I'm still not Kookie Bear." She is making it really hard for him to stay a gentleman.

He feels a poke against his stomach. "Shh, Kookie Bear doesn't know how to talk."

With her clinging to his back it was hard for him to get to his task, his brain wandering off to other not so noble things, because she is pressing very close.
With a resigned sigh, Jungkook takes a step forward pulling her along and starts searching for something she could wear to sleep.

As he reaches up, she suddenly slides her cold hands under his hoodie and holds them against his stomach.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asks, eyes wide.

"I'm cold." What? Suddenly? "You're so warm."

Jungkook doesn't know what to do. She begins to poke his stomach with her nails and even though it's pretty funny it's also very distracting. It also feels very nostalgic.

Jungkook smiles at the memory. But he has a mindset to keep. He turns around to find her eyes closed, sleepy. She opens them when he cradles her face. ''Don't do this to me, Gwiyeomdungi.''

She leans her head to the side. She really is a cutie. "You're no fun."

Fortunately, she steps away to the bed. Finally having his hands free, Jungkook grabs her some clothes. With some warmer wear in hand, he turns and blinks at the funny sight of her feet sticking out through the duvet she had rolled herself into. She sure is an entertaining drunk.

Jungkook sits down next to her and tries to roll her back but she doesn't let him as she holds on tight. ''Hey, you can't breathe like that.''

''I'm embarrassed, go away.'' She says in a defensive way.

Laughing under his breath, he pats the duvet. ''Alright, don't stay under there for too long. I'm leaving the clothes on the table. You can sleep in here, ok?''

''Hm.'' Even that sounded defensive.

''Alright, you cutie.'' He stands up.

''I'm not cute!'' She flings the duvet off of her and sits up. Her hair is a mess. A cute mess.

Reaching out, he smooths it back down. ''Sleep tight.''

''You're doing it again.''

''Hm?''

''My heart. You're making it feel again.'' She frowns. ''Stop it.''

Jungkook smiles softly. ''It's because you're important to me.''

She only looks up at him. Shouldn't she know already? ''I'll tell you again when you're sober.'' She doesn't respond but her eyes are round as she stares at him. ''Good night.''

''Night...'' She responds begrudgingly.

Grabbing the bowl and towel, he leaves his bedroom and closes the door behind him. He stands there for a moment, not believing that this is happening.
When Joon had called him, he had jumped out of bed and grabbed the next best clothing around him. He scratches the neck of the sweater. It's so itchy.

Now, that she knows that he isn't in a relationship, will she start to accept him? Is that really the one thing that made her distance herself? Or maybe she will never be able to withstand the things that come with being his significant other.

A man never gives up. He hasn't stopped thinking of his mother's words.

And even though that might be true, he can't force his feelings upon her if she doesn't want it, too. Jungkook takes a deep breath. She did kiss him back...

The kiss...

He threw all caution out the window when he saw the passion in her eyes. It was the first time she hadn't tried to hide it with something else. He had been so relieved to see that it wasn't just a one-sided longing.
But even then, she had looked at him with regret and it had hurt. As much as he had acted coldly after, his had felt choked up when she never looked back even once.
How much more does he need to show in order for her to reciprocate his love?

One step at a time. That's what Hoseok had told him. That's what he should do. The last thing he wants is to push her away by being too greedy.

He had been too greedy in the past. Too careless. Too overwhelmed in happiness and it had ended too soon.

Jungkook drops his head with heavy shoulders. He cleans up his apartment but the sweater is too uncomfortable to take any longer. He knocks on his bedroom door but he doesn't get a response. Is she asleep already?
Opening the door a bit, he sticks his head in but his bed is empty. His eyes move to the closed door of his bathroom. He can hear the faucet running.

Quickly, Jungkook walks to the sleep wear he had tossed on a chair and pulls the itchy sweater over his head. He was about to slip his arms into the softer shirt when he hears a yelp from the bathroom.

Rushing over, he knocks on the door. ''Are you ok?'' She makes crying sounds and the handle turns as she opens the door. ''What happened?''

''Over there...'' She is grimacing but then she turns to look at him. Her eyes widen and then the door is slammed on him. ''Ya!''

''What?''

''W-Why aren't you wearing any clothes?'' She shouts through the door. He looks down. He is just shirtless. He tries not to laugh but it happens anyway. ''Don't laugh at me!''

''I'm not.'' He was. He puts the shirt on. ''I'm clothed now. Do you need help in there?''
A few seconds later, she opens the door a small gap and he sees her glare through it. ''What is it?''

''A spider...'' She says cutely and opens the door wider. She still hadn't changed but there is soap on her face.

Jungkook checks the counter where she was pointing at but no matter where he looks, he can't see any spider. ''There is no spider.''

''No, there...'' She warily steps over and points at a hair tie that had a few strands of hair attached to it.

''Eh... ________-ie, that's your hair tie, not a spider.'' He looks at her, she couldn't see clearly because she was washing her face, probably also still feeling tipsy.

''Oh...'' Jungkook throws his head back and laughs widely. This is the cutest thing he has witnessed in a while. He continues to cackle even when she begins to push his back out of the bathroom. ''It's not funny!''

Out of breath from laughing, he bends over and pats his chest. This is too funny. A spider. He laughs once more and turns to look at the door while shaking his head, amused.
Jungkook leaves the bedroom to his studio room and continues to do some work for his album since he doesn't want to sleep before she does.

He cracks his stiff neck a while later and realizes that is has been half an hour already. Shutting down his computer, he goes to the cabinet to take out the spare cushion and blanket.
He goes to check on her one last time before he lets himself rest for the night on the couch. Pushing on the door, he is met with darkness and his heart drops when he thinks of her phobia. But she was sound asleep it seems. Still, Jungkook goes to his desk and switches on the lamp on the lowest setting, putting it on the ground so she won't wake up.

When he turns, he sees that she had kicked off the duvet yet again and for some reason she wasn't wearing the sweatpants he gave her.

Closing his eyes for a moment, he puts his fingers against his eyes. What is she doing to him? At least the sweatshirt is long enough to cover everything he shouldn't be looking at.
He walks over and begins to tug her in properly, pushing the blanket between the mattress and the bed frame on each side. The last thing he wants is for her to catch a cold again.

When he is done, he goes to lie down on the couch and puts an arm over his head, suddenly exhausted.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.



— — —

THE CONCEPT PHOTOOOOOOOOOOOS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! JEON JUNGKOOK HAS PINK STRANDS AAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! AND HIS FOREHEAD AKLDJA;SKDA;SDAS;DAD

sorry... but this was really me when the teaser dropped earlier today.... I have been waiting since after dope for JK to have blond hair, I still didn't get it but then my next wish was for him to have hair like in NOW3 and NOW WE KINDA HVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT AL;DKA;SDMADMA;SD also there are so many edits online of him having different hair colors and I'm just living rn
the new pics at the sea are so pretty and calming~ and they all look so ugh so beautiful orz 

Jungkook is going to graduate next week whoop whoop but he still hasn't decided whether to attent the ceremony or not.... I hope he does but I guess I can also see why he wouldn't want to so as not to cause a commotion.... maybe....

......it's time to choose a title now brb *one minute later* oh that was easy hihi ^^