I Love You

like a butterfly~

As much as I had felt blissful in the streets of Hongdae, I liked it much more when it was just the two of us. 

"Ah, I like it here." I begin to walk backwards and gaze up at the stars. "So beautiful."

"I agree." I focus back on him, knowing that voice very well. He meant me.

Waiting until he's close enough, I reach out to loop my finger around one string of his mask and pull it off. "I missed your handsome face, Oppa."

"But only my lips were covered." He wiggles an eyebrow suggestively. "I think you were rather missing my lips."

"You can think what you want." He was still holding the bag of shoes for me, I never asked but he still did it. "It's amazing how considerate you are, you know that?"

"Mhm, really?" Why does he always sound like he doesn't think so?

"The guys that I met weren't like that."

He purses his lips, my favorite dimple appearing. ''What... did they do?''

''He made me lose trust in him.'' I focus on the scarf he is wearing. ''He cheated...''

Jungkook's face turns gloomy, his eyes tightening in disapproval. He doesn't question me more about it and I'm not sure I wanted to tell him. It's a part of the past I wanted to forget.
He reaches his hand out and I take it, moving back to his side.

Now, it's his turn to look up at the stars. ''Do you think... if we hadn't broken up so early on...'' He trails off for a while and I wait for him to continue but it looks like he didn't know what he wanted to ask exactly. But I get him.

''I've thought of that before.'' I begin. ''We were so young. I don't want to say that we would have broken up surely but in the situation that we were in... I'm not sure...''

''Yeah...'' He agrees without me having to say it. For us to become lovers in high school and then last for years and years, wouldn't that be wishful thinking? ''But at the same time, I never thought I would ever break up with you, just because I hoped it would never end.''

When you're that happy there is no mind to even think of a possible end.

He nudges my side, I look at him. ''I regret it. Breaking up with you just like that when you were still hurting, I regret it. It was a situation created because of my circumstances and even though I wanted to protect you from any further harm, I shouldn't have done it like that. I let me emotions take control.''

''I understand, I always did.'' As I said, I never blamed him. ''I know you wanted to protect me. I know that you called Joon back from just having gotten into a bus and made him come to check on me.''

''He told you?'' He smiles softly and takes a deep breath. ''I should have checked up on you myself.''

I tighten my fingers around his, not liking the self-degrading look on his face. ''It's in the past now. And I was fine, I'm fine now. We're fine now. Look at us.''

He does look at us or rather me and stares into my eyes for a long time. ''Why did you fall again?''

I open my mouth and close it again, a little bit taken aback by his question. Why did I fall for him? ''I just... did.''

Very romantic. Well done. I glance at Jungkook with an embarrassed smile and he is smiling back with a mutual understanding.

''Oppa, why did you fall for me?''

''Well, you know...'' He looks off and then smirks. ''I just did.''

I burst out laughing and push against his arm but he pulls me along to the same steps that he had found me on this morning.

"We always end up here." The Han River is starting to get a deep sentimental value in our relationship. "This is where it started for you. This is where our first date ended and today also started and ended here."

"We should somehow have this place saved in our name." He bumps his thigh against mine.

"Sounds like a good idea."

"Let's name is 'Bunnyfly'." He says with a dreamy voice while gazing at the sky. "Let's also name a star after our first child."

'''Bunnyfly'.'' I snort. "I'm already worried about what your name for our child is going to be."

"Ah," Jungkook abruptly brings out in excitement. "It's the first time you're not denying it."

"What? The child thing?"

"Eoh."

I smile as an image of not only the two of us sitting in the nearby park but also two little kids running around appears. "I'm scared, because I'm imagining twins."

"Twins? Ya, I'll have to work really hard then." I try not to blush but fail as I hit his arm. "You're blushing."

"Shut up." I hide behind my hair and pull the collar of my jacket higher.

"Did you know that blushing attracts us men?" What about the blush that stems from embarrassment? "Something about youthfulness and fertility."
I couldn't see the other side of his face, but there is a high chance that he is smirking. "Do you want to know why people kiss?"

"I think you're going to tell me anyhow."

"It allows our faces to be close enough to let our pheromones 'talk' to see if two people will make a strong offspring or not. And also something something else, I can't remember."

I puff out my cheeks, looking at anything but him. "I guess you only remember one thing."

"You're right." Suddenly, I find myself lying half on top of him as he had pulled me to him by my waist. He shifts so my knees aren't touching the cold ground anymore. "I remember I need to confess."

"Confess?" I glance around warily, not because I was worried about fans but more about people calling the police on us due to our compromising position. "Oppa, the ground isn't exactly very clean."

"It's just my coat." I stare at him. I brace my hand against his sides to take some of my own weight.

A hand leaves the small of my back just to tap my nose. "I'm just teasing you, you that right?"

I do know that but then he looks at me in that alluring way and it sparks my own curiosity. His mouth curve in a knowing way.

"Confess before I give in to the urge to throw you in the river and I don't need a mascot to feel like letting you drown."

His laugh surrounds me as he throws his head back to cackle. The sound and the warmth combined with his cute expression made that moment very fulfilling. "Ah, I really love you, ________."

I blink down at his beautiful face and feel the corners of my lips tugging up on their own accord. My heart feels like it's going up in fireworks. "What did you say?"

"I love you." Jungkook's smile is glowing and it is more mesmerizing than the stars.

"What?" I ask cheekily.

His hands tighten on my waist as he sits us back up, my legs between his now and then he shouts like there is no tomorrow. "________, I love you!"

The hand I move to clamp over his mouth is only able to muffle his guffawing of joy.

God, this boy, really. How not to love him more and more?

~ ~ ~

"Here, listen to this." Before I can react or look up, Jungkook had already placed the headset on me.

"Huh?" I had been peeling an orange next to him. "Listen? Did you write a new song?"

"Nope, just listen." He was excitedly grinning at me, drawing my chair closer. "I think you will like it."

I lean closer to read the name of the track. "'Origami'? I already kno—"

"Just listen." He clicks play and the familiar intro starts playing in my ear. When Jungkook moves in, his hands holding the headphone in place, I stare at him with a watchful eye. What is he planning?

With him dissecting my soul like that it comes to no surprise when I feel my everything falling into trance. It's like he is singing in my head with his buttery voice.
Eyes staying on mine firmly, Jungkook moves his lips and I wonder if he is actually singing or just mouthing the words. But as I go to lift one side of the headset off, he stops me.

I pout which makes him smile at me tenderly but he never stops singing and it is moments like this and also earlier when he wouldn't stop screaming out his love that I wonder if this is why people are scared to fall in love.
This feeling is indescribable. It's a feeling that makes you forget about everything else. It makes you feel like the luckiest person in the world. It makes you feel like you are home. It makes you feel like you are complete.

But it also makes you scared to lose it.

Raising my hand, needing to touch his face, I freeze when I hear another voice in my ear. My eyes widen. "What the f—"

The hand that was still mid air, moves to cover my mouth that wanted to curse. Jungkook who was enjoying this set up way too much snatches my hand away. I smack him with the other one but his only reaction is to laugh and giggle.

I look away from him and at the screen still not believing that I was hearing my own voice and to be very honest I hated it. Because in my opinion it would never be able to do the song justice even though Jungkook's was saving it.

"When did you do this?" Taking the headphones off, I feel a chill work its way through my body. It's such a weird feeling every time I hear my own recorded voice. ''You managed to edit my background accidental singing into this?

"It wasn't me but Yoongi-Hyung." I regard him with astonishment. "It's surprising, isn't it? I, too, looked at him like that."

"Why...?"

Jungkook shrugs but I'm sure it was simply because creative Yoongi wanted to experiment. "Ask him. He's calling." I follow his eyes towards his phone just when he swipes to answer. "Hyung."

"Eoh, Jungkook-ah, what are you doing right now?"

"I'm at home. Why?" Jungkook glances at me. "You're not asking me to come in again, right?"

"Why?" Yoongi responds in the same tone. "Are you perhaps not alone?"

"What if I'm not alone?" I wonder how many times Jungkook has lucked out on a near death experience by Yoongi.

"Then I'm just going to say hello." I smile at their cuteness. "Hi, ________."

"Hello, Yoongi-Oppa." I greet back, shy. "Are you still at the company?"

"No, I just got back home from the radio station." Yoongi has been a radio host for a while now. He sounds exhausted. "What are you two doing?"
I open my mouth to respond. "Ah, wait, I don't want to know."

"Yes, please, don't ask, Hyung. You really don't want to know." I pinch Jungkook's side. "I mean, we were listening to 'Origami'."

"Ah, the new version? How is it? Did you like it? What do you think?"

I peek at Jungkook wondering who Yoongi was asking. He nods my way. "I hated it."

"What?" Both Jungkook and Yoongi say at the same time.

"Yeah." I see a strand of Jungkook's hair standing up and move to fix it. "But isn't it always like that, hearing your own voice?"

Yoongi sighs in relief. "Ya, you almost gave me a shock, it's one of my best works..." And then he proceeds to mumble something. "Aside from your voice, is it alright?"

"Hold on, you're asking me? Min Suga Genius Jjang Jjang Man Bong Bong is asking me?" Jungkook cracks up next to me.

"I see you caught up well." Yoongi says it in an impressed way but also with a bit of dryness. "Perhaps, did you send in the message today?"

"I'm not sure I know what you mean." I stifle a laugh.

"Ah, now, it makes sense. Hold on, let me find it." I hope he won't find it but too soon Yoongi coughs the way I always found so charismatic as if he is going to rap any moment. "'Dear, Genius Jjang Jjang Man Bong, I'm not good with showing my affection sometimes but my boyfriend is doing such a great job and I feel bad sometimes. Today, we are having our first date, and we usually can't do this so it feels very special. I'm really happy. I'm not sure if he will ever hear this but I just want to say that I am very thankful... from Bunnyfly.'"

While I was slowly inching back in my chair, Jungkook was staring at me. His hands jerk out to grab my chair, not letting me escape.

"But what the hell is 'Bunnyfly'?"

Jungkook reaches out and actually hangs up on Yoongi. My jaw drops. "Are you out of your mind? Yoongi-Oppa is going to kill you!"

"Yes, I am." Jungkook says with a sober expression. "I'm going out of my mind because I wish going on a date like today didn't have to feel special."

"Oppa..." This was not what I meant at all. ''But it it special.''

He wants to say something but closes his mouth again. ''When did you send in the message?''

I scratch my ear, sheepish. ''It was when I was in the car and you were picking something up from the dry cleaner. I remembered that Yoongi-Oppa's radio show would be on soon and that they take submissions. But you were in the shower when he was reading them. I didn't think you would still hear it...'' He pets the back of my head when I finish and sighs. I don't want him to react like that, it's a happy thing.

"Pinky promise," he holds out his pinky finger. "I, Jeon Jungkook will take _____ ________ out on an actual date at least once a week."

I laugh but actually feel tears prickling my eyes. "You're about to have a comeback, how will that fit into the schedule?"

"It's not our dates that will have to fit into the schedule, it's the comeback that will have to fit around our dates."

"Your managers are not going to like that." I take his hand and wrap both of mine around it. "I don't like promises like that. They make people feel burdensome, so let's not pinky promise but just do it."

''Should we?''

I nod. ''Yes, I like the spontaneousness of your dates anyway. They are the most fun.''

He nods slowly, getting my point. ''Ok, let's do that.''

We smile at each other but then his phone chimes. ''How much are you going to bet that it's Yoongi-Hyung.''

I snort. ''You know I don't bet anymore.'' I lose every single time.

Jungkook tabs his phone. ''He wrote... 'I would still like to know what a Bunnyfly is'.''

That makes me laugh. ''Ah, I really like your Hyungs.''

His smile is smitten. ''They really like you, too.''

* * * * * *

Jungkook works his stiff neck and stretches his back. For the last hour he had been working on Bangtan's future album while she had sat next to him, keeping him company watching something on his iPad. It was almost midnight now, she should go to sleep soon.

Mid yawn, he notices that her eyes were now closed. She had fallen asleep in the chair. He sometimes forgets about time when he lets himself sink into the working zone and honestly he had forgotten about her because she had never disturbed him. She really meant it when she said she knows how to be alone.

Peaceful in her slumber, Jungkook lifts her up and carries her to his bedroom not wanting her to be in that uncomfortable position any longer. Bobo, who they had gotten on their way home, lifts his head after he had been curled up to rest and stretches to follow them.

He noticed that even though they had unintentionally slept in the same apartment before, they have yet to do it after they became a couple. They hadn't discussed it but they had gone back to her apartment to get Bobo with the thought that she won't return for the night.
Maybe she isn't ready to sleep in the same bed, yet. He’ll just sleep on the couch tonight.

He is starting to get tired himself but there were still a few things he had to do and send out to the corresponding people. Today, he had pushed aside his work to spend the day with her and seeing how happy she was made him want to do it every single day.

Returning to his studio room, he continues working a bit more.

"Oppa," Jungkook hears her sleepy and drowsy voice coming from the door. His eyes graze the lower right corner of his computer. It's past 1am already. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

The sight of her rubbing her eyes still half asleep made something tighten in him. It's a sight that made him want to protect.
He beckons for her to come to him and with slow steps she does. Jungkook guides her to his lap. "Why are you awake?"

"I missed you." She wasn't saying it in a cheesy way, but with earnest. "You said you would only work for a while, and see it's 1am now. Are you at least finished now?"

"Not yet," he fastens his hands around her waist. "Go back to sleep, ________."

Her eyes lock onto his, more awake now. Her eyes are so mesmerizing. "I'm going to keep an eye on you. What if you work till, I don't know, 6am?"

"I won't, I promise." He nudges her. "Go, sleep."

"I don't want to, I'm going to keep my eyes on you." She motions by pointing her two fingers at her own eyes then to his endearingly.

"Alright, you do that, Cutie." There is a big probability that Jungkook has a death wish, but he just can't help it sometimes. She is too cute in an unintentional, non unbearable way.

She turns to look at the screen. "What are you working on?"

"A song for Bangtan's album." He would play it for her but not even the guide version is done. "Are you cold?"

She was cuddling herself to him and even though she was wearing her own cozy sleepwear, she still gets cold easily.

"Nope." Her fingers begin curling around the sides of his hair behind his ear. The sensation raises goosebumps on his neck. Her eyes are still glued to the screen. She is probably trying to make sense of the program.

"I wish my hair grew so fast." She had never stopped playing with his hair. Curling, uncurling, then dragging her fingers through it.

"Do you like it long?" Jungkook pushes them closer to the table again, wanting to finish up quicker now. He doesn't want to hold her back from resting.

"I like your forehead." Her other hand traces over his forehead, pushing the fringe aside. "Like this."

"A lot of people do."

"I see why, it's charming." She was speaking in a leisure manner. Her legs dangling and bumping ever so gently against the side of his outer thigh. "Loop, loop, loop."
Is she always so cute when she is tired? Singing a melody because he was wearing loop earrings was incredibly endearing.

For the next minutes, he was trying his best to stay focused on his task but her wiggling around and playing with his hair and earrings was a serious distraction.
"Are you trying to seduce me?"

From the corner of his eye he can see her lips quirking up into a smirk. She had told him before that his smirks give her pain as a joke and he had laughed but he gets it now.
"I'm already in your arms, why would I need to do that?"

"Let me rephrase that," Jungkook looks up into her eyes. "Are you trying to seduce me into going to sleep?"

She purses her lips innocently. "Maybe... maybe not... Is it working?"

"Maybe... maybe not." He mimics her and it earns him a tug on his loop. "Are you planning to use my earrings as a leash from now on?"

"Maybe... maybe not." With each and every syllable, he can feel her tugging on it. Nonetheless, he liked the feeling because it reminded him of the past and she never pulled on it too roughly.

Out of nowhere he feels another weight on his upper thigh. When he looks down he sees two dark round eyes peering up at him.

''He wants attention.'' She pets Bobo's head. ''I told you he is very affectionate.''

''He really is.'' It's such a wonderful feeling to have an animal's love. It's almost honorable.

''He's really good at making you forgive him for being so stubborn.'' She gets off his lap and sits down next to Bobo to play with him. ''You don't know how many things he has destroyed while I wasn't looking.''

''Is that why you bought the fence thing for your living room?'' When they went to get Bobo he had seen the movable fence keeping him away from the living room and furniture while she is gone.

''Yep, I hope he won't learn to jump over it because once Shibas try something even though they are scared they will remember and do it again.'' She is shaking her head but her eyes were cast at Bobo in a loving way.

Meanwhile, Jungkook had saved all his files and was running down the computer. "Would you be happy if I said that we are going to sleep now?"

"Yes," she cheers quietly and stands up. "Finally, the best time of the day."

"Didn't you say you won't ever sleep over with me?" Jungkook watches her reaction attentively. He wanted to make sure she is comfortable.

She had stopped and was now turning to him with an innocent expression. "I don't know what you're saying. We are only taking a nap."

He stares at her and then finds himself laughing at the ceiling. Ah, she is so cute. Without waiting for him, she proceeds to walk to his room with Bobo leaving him there.
When he follows them, he sees the dark room but he remembers how she had told him that it doesn't bother her when she is home and feels comfortable. Only in an unknown or enclosed environment does it become a problem.

When she climbs into bed, Bobo also jumps up sneakily even though he already knows that he isn't allowed to.

''Bobo.'' She only says with a hard voice. ''Down.''

Bobo looks at her, then at Jungkook. He shrugs. It's not me, Buddy. The red puppy jumps down from the bed when she continues to glare at him. He circles on his own bed before he curls up into a bun.

''You know what's the worst thing. I read that Shibas even when they're older they still have a mind of their own. If they don't feel like behaving they won't.''

''That means they're smart.'' Jungkook slips into the other side of the bed.

''A little too smart.'' Her phone goes off. "Oh, who... Minhyukie?"

"You know, mentioning another man's name when you're in a man's bed isn't exactly going to work in your favor." He was only half serious, because he knew that she had no such feelings for Minhyuk.

"You're already in here, everything is in my favor." She rolls onto her stomach, so she can see him better. "Do you have any schedules tomorrow?"

"I do, actually, why?" His hand pinches her cheek. "Are you already craving for another date?"

"No, Minhyuk wants to meet up, so..." She frown down at her phone. "Since you're busy."

Jungkook sits up half way so they're almost nose to nose. "Are you trying to make me jealous?"

"Maybe..." She arches her eyebrow. "Maybe not..."

He raises his own eyebrow at her which makes her smile. She can't keep up an act for long which is usually when she also blushes.

''No, it's just he's moving back to Seoul and since he doesn't want to bother his mother he asked me to help him out with a few things.''

''He's been living in Japan for how long?''

She opens thinking endearingly. ''How old was I when he moved away? It was in middle school. A decade, I think?''

''A decade.'' Jungkook repeats astounded. ''All his friends are in Japan then.''

''Yeah. To be honest living there for four years myself, I don't have a lot of friends here, too. They're all over there.''

''Why did you move back here, then?'' It's not like he would have wanted her to stay there because her moving back had brought them back together but he was just curious.

''My brother.'' She says simply. She really is a family person. ''Since he had to come back to serve his military service, I wanted to be close in case he needed something and so I can visit him easily. I actually might have stayed a bit longer but since I got an offer from Ahjumma as soon as she got wind of it, I decided to just go with it.''

''It all worked out in the end.''

She nods. ''Jieun-Eonni is also very busy as a producer, so I didn't want her to have to deal with everything by herself. I took care of my brother's stuff before he left.''

''Not to say anything, but I'm amazed they are still together.'' Jungkook finds himself missing her already after only a few days of not seeing her. He can't imagine how it would be with a long distance relationship.

''It wasn't easy, it took a lot of effort on both sides for it to work out for them.'' She is looking past him out the window. ''There is always one side that has to cave a little. My brother came back a year sooner than me, for her.''

It's not like her words weren't interesting. To the contrary he would love to know more about her years away but her voice is also so soothing. He yawns.

She puts her hand against his shoulder. "Sleep, Oppa."

''No, no, keep talking, I love hearing about you.''

Her gentle hand grazes his cheek. ''There is a lot of time in the future for that.''

A future with her. Just the thought makes him happy. ''I like that.''

She laughs quietly and pats his face before she puts her hands back under the cover. ''Now, let's see if we're compatible to sleep next to each other. I might kick you off the bed. I apologize in advance.''

''Oh, I know. You are a restless sleeper. The two times I saw you sleep you had kicked the covers off.'' She giggles sheepishly. ''I should probably turn my back to you just in case.''

That makes her laugh harder. She hides under the covers. ''Just put a cushion in front of yourself.''

''You think a cushion is going to be able to block your kick?'' His says dryly. Now, he was really worried about his parts.

''I think maybe if we each have our own blanket, it would be fine.'' She muses, pursing her lips.

''We have a lot of time to figure it out.'' Jungkook puts his hand on her waist and presses her close.

She shifts into him and snuggles her head into his shoulder. He closes his eyes in contentment. It's a really comforting feeling to sleep with your loved one, the warmth makes it especially relaxing.

As he gets comfortable and slowly warms up to the idea of having a kicking girl sleep next to him, Jungkook wonders if she is nervous. Because he seems to be, since his heart is beating faster than usual.

Just before he falls asleep, he feels her poking his back lightly. ''Oppa?''

''Hm?'' He murmurs sleepily.

''I love you.''

If possible his heart rate spikes even more. Even though she can't see, he smiles bigger than he ever has. ''I love you, too.''

She makes a sound resembling a cute giggle and he pulls her even closer and falls into the most peaceful slumber he has for a while.



— — —

.... since bangtan are kinda on a break, I don't have much to fangirl about too... just maybe that moment of Jungkook and the crying fan today at the Puma fansign... really cute... too cute... *heart explodes*... there is also a variety show on the 7th..... oooooh rite the spring day choreo video ITS SO BEAUTIFUUUUUUUUL I ALWAYS LOVE THE VISUAL STUFF THEY DO ITS SO PLEASING TO THE EYES AND NAMJIN *claps for hours* so proud!

eh, wow I really don't have much to say.. oh, I do : Thank you so much for reading and staying with me til here and sending me your messages and comments. I really, really, really, really appreciate each and every one of you <3