Paradise

like a butterfly~

"Wake up, Oppa." That's what Jungkook hears as wakes up from an already disappearing dream. A very soothing voice. "Oppa, you're going to be late."

He opens his eyes and sees her sitting next to him on the bed with bright eyes. She smiles as soon as she sees he had woken up. "Ah, good, you're awake."

Scooting back, she almost gets off before he can catch her hand into his. "Five more minutes." She raises her brows at him. "Two?"

"Two?" She thinks about it for a second. "But only two. One hundred and twenty seconds. I'm counting."

He smiles with his eyes closed as he pulls her near, keeping the blanket between them. It's the morning. He never wants to compromise her in any situation even if it's natural for him.
The hand on his back begins to his back. "If you keep this up, I will fall back asleep."

Her movements halt. "Nineteen, twenty, twenty-one…"

He chuckles deeply in his throat as she continues to count a few number but then fades off as she snuggles closer.

''Does it happen every morning?'' She questions quietly, almost shy to ask but still curious enough.

''Yeah,'' he answers slowly. Of course, she wouldn't be awkward about it or she wouldn't have let him into the bathroom while she was bathing. She also makes it comfortable enough for him. ''It's really annoying.''

''Mhm,'' she pats his back consolingly. ''Well... nature.'' He shakes from silent laughter. She can't really help him or give him advise but she is still trying.

They don't say anything else for the time being and Jungkook has the feeling that the two minutes have passed already.
As much as he would love staying in for the day, especially with her, he had his responsibilities.

Yawning and groaning, he pulls them up into a sitting position. "Good morning, ________-ie."

"Good morning, Jungkookie." She puts a hand against his cheek and brushes her thumb across his stubble. "I bought breakfast as promised."

"Hm…" He hums with a pleased smile. "Sounds great."

"Hurry, go get ready or you'll have to eat it in the car."

Encouraging him to stand up, she gets up and opens the curtains for him while he walks into his bathroom. "I want to see your morning face, too."

"You'll get the chance."

"I'm sure you're cute."

She opens the window to let in some fresh air. "You definitely look cute in the morning. Your hair."

Yeah. In the morning his hair always looks really fluffy which he knows she likes.
He was about to counter that with a cute comment aimed at her, when he hears scratching sounds against his door. "Bobo is here, too?"

"Yep," she smiles at his excited face peeking out from the door, toothbrush sticking out. "I thought he might be able to give you strength today."

Meetings, interviews and the musical. It sure is going to be a long day for Jungkook. To have them there will make it much easier. "It's going to be really boring for you."

"That's ok, I like boring from time to time." She fixes her crimson colored blouse and reaches up to her ear.

That makes him curious. "Do you still have my earrings?"

"Your earrings?" She looks at him confused. "Oh, ah, yeah. I do."

He is surprised even though he asked. "You do?"

"Yes, before I left for Japan we put all of our belongings in a storage house as we couldn't take everything with us. It should be there."

"You didn't throw it away?" Just like she didn't with Kookie Bear.

"Of course not. Even though, I didn't get to wear it often, I still cherish it a lot." He finishes brushing his teeth. "It's a piece of memory."

"Then should I create more memories? Maybe a bling bling?" Jungkook cheekily holds out his fingers. "A bunny shaped one?"

She laughs. "Can you imagine someone having a bunny shaped diamond ring as a wedding band?"

"Yes. You."

She walks over to him and leans against the door frame, brows narrowed at him. "Then you will have to wear one too, since you are the original bunny." He pulls a grimace, his nose crunching up.
"I'll prepare breakfast." She is about to open the bedroom door but stops and turns. "Wear something warm today, it's gotten really windy."

"Ok." His heart feels really warm all of a sudden.

Again, she looks like she is about to leave but then glares at him. "And does it take so much to wear a scarf? You're a singer, you need to protect your health at all times."

With a shake of her head, she opens the door, Bobo dashing past her to get to him.
"Bobo come!" She commands loudly and surprisingly Bobo obliges after circling him in excitement one more time. "You know you're not allowed to just go in, so why did you go in? Come out."

If she is already training the puppy so diligently won't she also be a natural at raising children?

~ ~ ~

"You're really going to just ignore me?" Jungkook looks at her through the vanity mirror. He had just finished getting his hair done for the day.

She was currently reading a book Namjoon had given her. Her legs were crossed one over the other. On her lap she held the book under a cushion she had asked if she could use as it was just lying around.
She really meant it when she said that she will ignore him, which was after he told her that her beauty was distracting. Bobo went off somewhere with Taehyung.

"________-ah." Jungkook can't help and whine, but it finally gets a reaction out of her as the corners of her lips quirk up.

"Why?" She closes the book.

"Come here." He beckons with his hand when she looks at him.

"You told me not to distract you." She says innocently as she walks over to him. "So, don't look at me like that."

"Come here," he repeats again and takes the cushion out of her hand. "Please, massage my back?"
She blinks at him in disbelief and then takes the book to hit his head with it lightly.
Jungkook tilts his head back so he is looking at her directly. "Please?"

"Aigoo." She gazes back with a slight lift to and leans over to put away the book. "Are you so desperate for my attention?"

"Eoh." She puts her hands on his shoulders nonetheless and begins to work her magic. "What else have you been up to?" He loves hearing her talk.

"Me? I've been working on the musical, it's really cute you should check it out." She moves down to knead the knots on his arms. He had liked it when she touched his arm. He likes it in general when she shows any kind of affection or attraction. "Then, I had dinner with Minhyukie and his mother, watched a movie with Soojung-Eonni... what else..."

"How come we never have dinner? And how come we never watch movies?"

"How come you never ask me out?" Her hands push against his back in exasperation. "Huh? Of course we never go out, all you want to do is work."

Taking her hand, Jungkook guides her to a chair. "Let's go out tonight."

"You're going to be tired after the musical." Her smile is considerate but he knows that she wanted to. "We can always do it another time."

"No, really, let's go out tonight." Jungkook smiles at her softly. "First date."

''Ok.'' Slowly, the smile returns, but she is beaming excitedly. "Close your eyes, Oppa."
Without question he does with anticipation but unlike what he expected, he feels her sliding something onto his head and then he hears her bursting out into fits of giggles. "Ah, you look so funny."

Opening his eyes, he is met with the visual of her clapping her hands, laughing so hard. And when he turns towards the mirror he knows why.

On his head was now one of the hair bands his fans had given him, but different from how he would usually put it on, she had slid back his hair along the way revealing his blank forehead.
Shooting a funny face her her way, he is contented to see her being so happy and bright. It warms his heart and it gives him strength.

* * * * * *

"What do you think?"

I turn away from the sketches I had been fixated on and look at Jungkook. He looks down at his outfit. The suit jacket had a lot of bling bling on it. This has probably got to be my favorite out of all the suits he tried.

"Looks good." I comment uncommitted and look at the sketches again. "The concept is really beautiful."

"You're more interested in the concept sketches than me?"

"Yeah, pretty much." I snicker when I see his expression. "The concept is sensual yet classy."
I scan his outfit once more. The suit looked soft in material. Gives for beautiful movements while dancing. "Aren't suits hard to dance in?" I smooth my hand over his shoulders.

"No, it has a cut in the back." He shows me.

"ARMYs are really going to love this concept." Smiling, he drags me over to the changing room. It's more a hang out room used for that purpose. "What are you doing?"

I look at him when he closes the door and wonder how it will look like to the staff that were right outside. Jungkook sits me down on the table and bends down to look at me. It's making my heart pound. Then he smiles. "I just wanted to take moment to look at you. You know, recharge."

"Ah... ok." I allow him that easily and put my hand against his now shaven jaw. "I was about to tell you to go away but you can recharge as much as you want."

"Thank you." He answers in the same light way I had given him permission with.

When he walks towards me, I embrace him openly. I hug him close and his strong arms wound around me tightly. You would never think that doing these concept preparations would be tiring but he had to do so much in such a short amount of time and it was only the beginning for today.

We only pull apart when we hear people welcoming and greeting a newcomer.

Jungkook's eyes lighten up. "Oh, I've always wanted you to meet him."

"Who?" I ask curious.

"Sunghyunie-Hyung." Smiling big, he takes my hand and walks back out into the big room right into the sight of a tall man. "He's our visual director."

"Hello." I bow deeply after Jungkook introduces us and take in his visual. Piercings and tattoos, he had a lot of them. I wonder if Jungkook got some of the likings from meeting him years ago.

"Hello," he smiles handsomely. "Jungkookie. I have more clothes for you to try on."

"Ok."

I lean up to whisper into Jungkook's ear. "You're still the baby for a lot of the staff."

"Aren't you the new baby?"

I whack his arm but stop when Sunghyun returns with an amused smile. "You're pretty."

"Ah, thank you." I bow again, not used to directly getting compliments.

"Is Jungkookie your boyfriend?"

I glance at Jungkook before answering. "Yes, he is."

"Good catch." He nods approvingly and I like how he was talking to me even though we just met and not about me with Jungkook like many had, even though I had been right there. It's a small act but I really appreciate it.

When I look at Jungkook again, it seems like he felt the same. He motions that he will go change into the next outfit. I nod my ok.
I move so that I am standing a distance away but next to Sunghyun and I can't help but peek at him a few times. He looks like the bad boy kind of man. His gaze is really friendly, though. I do that a few more times before I ask him what I have been curious about.

"Ah, Sunghyun-ssi."

"Yes?"

"Have you been the stylist director all this time?" There is something I wanted to confirm. ''Since their debut?''

"Yes, you're right. I've been here since the beginning."

I clap my hands together. "Ah, that's so cool. I've always wanted to thank you for putting them in such beautiful clothing."

He smiles. "Are you their fan?"

"Ah, no," I wave my hand. "But even when you're not a fan of Bangtan you can't help but admire the clothes they wear on stage."

"Well, then I will give my best to make Jungkookie look the best he has ever had for this concept."

I grin. "Yes, I ask that of you."

"What do you mean you are not a fan of Bangtan?" Jungkook asks offended as he exits the changing room.

My eyes linger on his exposed skin as he hadn't finished buttoning his black silk shirt. Looking back up at him, I almost laugh when he has an eyebrow arched. He caught me.

The conversations are cut off when the styling team and Sunghyun move in to fix his clothes and give ideas on what to improve and change.
I stay back and watch him at work, enjoying the attention on him. It's the feeling of seeing your most loved one getting the love and admiration they deserve. That's how I can't blame ARMYs for being ARMYs because they love him. I will never compete with them for that.

Jungkook’s eyes catch mine as I had never looked away from him and he gives me a tired smile. I tilt my head and smile cutely at him, knowing how much he likes me being cute from time to time. His eyes brighten. I give him a thumbs up and mouth my comments to him. He winks in response.

It's about thirty more minutes later when I had sat down with my phone that someone approaches me. I glance up and see Jungkook wearing a new outfit. A deep v shirt and a blazer over it.

"What the? What kind of concept is this?"

"Adult concept." He opens his hand and I put mine into his. "I'm done."

"Ah, really? Yay!" I jump to my feet happily and see him smiling softly. ''Time for lunch.''

He begins to walk towards the exit. I'm about to ask him if he needs to change back into his own clothes when he turns and slips into the changing room with me in tow.
Sitting me down on the table as before Jungkook turns to shrug out of the blazer and I stare amazed at his defined back and arm muscles. The shirt is sleeveless.

I reach out to trail my fingers across the lines and curves of his triceps. Jungkook looks over his shoulder. My eyes meet his. I smile shyly and he smiles back. It's always amazing how comfortable we automatically became with each other. I drop my arm as he steps towards me.

"Even though you always tell me to stop living in the gym, you seem to like it."

"Of course,'' I admit. ''I can't help but find you attractive, Oppa. I'm your girlfriend."

"Ah, is that so?" Jungkook chucks me under my chin when he sees my wavering expression. "My very beautiful girlfriend."

I smile brighter than I mean to and the compliment makes me feel better than it usually does. I look away bashfully and keep my gaze down turned when he lifts his shirt over his head.
My heart is beating faster. Once I sneak a glance his way I notice the red, sore spot on his back. "Oh, what happened?"

"Huh?" Jungkook looks up from folding the clothes and when he sees me frowning at his back he shifts to look at it. "Oh, that... I got hurt while practicing the dance the first few times."

"Don't get hurt." I say quietly. "Please be careful during your stages."

I've heard my fair share of stories about them getting hurt over the past years. Even though I wasn't an active fan, I did get into the world that is the entertainment industry and have also fallen into the ugly side of it. Fan talk pages and also the not so nice pages.

I must have still been frowning for Jungkook wraps his arms around me, pressing my head to his chest. "Alright, alright. Stop pouting. I'll give my best not to get hurt from now on."

I look up at him. "Please, do."

"Ok." His lips pull up into a deep smile. "Shirt. Then we can go."

* * * * * *

"You're really hard to get a hold of, you know that?"

I stiffen, recognizing that voice immediately. "I didn't know you were looking for me." I had just parked Jungkook's car after returning from bringing Bobo back home.

Turning around to face Hongbin, I'm surprised to see how different he looks. He doesn't look as snobby anymore. "You changed your hair color."

"Yes. What did you need me for?" I cut to the chase, wanting to have as little interaction with him as possible.

"You really don't like me." He tries to lighten the mood by smiling. "I have an invitation for you."

"What for?" He takes an envelope out of his inner pocket and hands it over.

"You're going to Japan for a business trip, right?"

"Yes." I knew about having to work together with him on this project.

"We are holding a gala soon and I was able to extent my invitation to you as my guest." I'm pretty sure he didn't have to extend anything as much as demand based on his position.

''Ahjumma didn't tell me anything about a gala event.'' I take the thick paper out of the envelope. ''What is it about?''

''It's to celebrate this new beginning.''

''What beginning?'' I comment absentmindedly. Not even one meeting had taken place yet.

''You know how rich people are. We love to celebrate everything.'' I cut my eyes to him but he just smiles with no remorse.

"I don't think I will be of any help at such events." I say truthfully. I'm not very social. "I don't have experience."

"That's why I'm giving you the chance," I avert my eyes and spot Jungkook in front of the auditorium probably looking for me. He had been in a preparation meeting with the cast and crew. "And you won't have to be nervous, as I'll be by your side."

"I don't think I can make it." I look back at Hongbin. "But thank you for the invitation. I hope you find someone more suitable."
I bow and rush over to Jungkook who was already looking at me. He holds the door open. "That was quick."

"Hm," we pass by Seungkwan and I smile and wave. "Earlier, that man... is he the same guy from that night?" Right. He saw us.

"Ah, yes." I play with the envelope in my hand. "He is someone who Ahjumma knows and somehow he knows me through some acquaintances in Japan..."

"He seems to like you."

I peer at Jungkook and scan his face. "Seems like it." I slip my hands into my pockets.
"But I think he is more infatuated since I don't really hide my dislike."

''What did he want?'' His eyes are round in curiosity.

''Hongbin-ssi invited me to a gala dinner. I guess that was his way of asking me out.'' I glance at said invitation with a frown.

''You should go,'' Jungkook says surprisingly, making me gape at him. ''These things get you a lot of connections.''

''I don't need connections.'' I say quietly.

''I'm sure it will open up a lot of opportunities for you.'' I can feel him looking at me. ''It sounds like he has a lot of influence.''

''So,'' he knows I don't like Hongbin. ''You wouldn't mind me going?''

''Hm.'' When I look up at him he was actually smiling and for some reason it irks me.
''Ah, right,'' Jungkook stops. ''I'm sorry but I think we'll have to take a rain check on our date. I need to go in to the company later.''

''Again?'' I can't help but let the disappointment show. ''What is it this time?''

''The choreography changed, so I have to practice.'' He sees it of course and puts his hand on my shoulder. ''I'm really sorry, ________.''

I nod, feeling bumped. ''Well, there is nothing you can do.''

''You don't have to wait for me, go on home as you're not feeling well.''

I take a deep breath in hopes to get rid of that weird feeling in my gut and nod. ''Ok, don't stay up too late.'' But we both know that my words are useless, because he has no other choice.

Our heads snap in the direction of the director calling for Jungkook. ''Take my car.''

He is about to reach for his keys when I decline. ''I'll just take a taxi, Oppa. It's alright.''

''Are you sure?'' I nod, trying to smile. ''Call me when you get home.''

Jungkook leans in for a quick hug but even that doesn't lessen the heavy feeling in my heart. Guess I'm can't stay immune forever. I held myself to such high standards but in reality I am just like any other person.
Now that I'm alone I sigh deeply and to my horror actually start tearing up. Not wanting it to get worse, I quickly go into the waiting room and run right into Lee of course.

''What?'' She takes a look at my face and knows immediately. ''What happened now? What did he do?''

''Nothing,'' I say too quickly and have her raise her eyebrow doubtfully. ''I'm just emotional because of my period, don't worry about me.''

''How can I not when he keeps hurting you.''

''It just look worse than it is, really, he didn't do anything.'' I'm just overly sensitive sometimes. ''I'm going home now.''

''How are you getting home?'' Lee smooths a hand over my hair with a frown. ''Taxi?''

Nodding, I go to grab my handbag after slipping in the invitation and hug her briefly and see the pity in her eyes which makes me feel even worse.
On my way out, I wonder how our relationship might seem to others. Do I look pathetic to them because I'm just a normal person while he obviously isn't?

It hasn't been long but his busyness was already getting to me. I don't mind him having to work all day. It's when plans change unexpectedly that I get upset.
Maybe I was too naive in the past but I wish I could go back in time when I was more compassionate. It's only a matter of time when Jungkook notices that, too.

"You're going home?"

"Oh," I'm startled to hear the female voice. "Ah, yes, Ahjumma."

And she happens to be with Hongbin. I just never have luck, do I. "Alone?"

Her eyes move to the auditorium door I had come from, where Jungkook is. "I live alone, so... yes."

"Still?" Did she think I would move in with him immediately? Nonetheless, I did not want to have this conversation with an audience.

"I'll be leaving." I say curtly, feeling on edge. "Good night."

I had planned to call for a cab but with them right there, I do it outside instead. But it takes longer than expected so I walk around in the park nearby to keep myself occupied, I stop when I see a dark figure.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Don't worry, I wasn't watching you." I stop a few meters away from Hongbin. "I was about to leave myself."

"And of course you saw me on your way."

"Yes," Hongbin takes a good look at me. "Why don't you wait inside? It's cold out."

"I'm fine." The cold cleared my mind. "You should go, Hongbin-ssi."

"Would it be too much to ask for you to consider me your friend?"

"Hard to do when you keep asking me out." However, I do walk closer, the feeling has changed, he seems friendlier suddenly, more careful and then it dawns on me. "Ahjumma told you about my family, didn't she?"

"How did you know?"

I shrug. "It was just a feeling." People usually behave differently around me after they find out, especially when it's not me who told them.

"I'm sorry," his voice is genuine. "I was out of line that day, I know it's not an excuse but I'm just not used to this."

"This?"

"Not having people succumb to my words."

His choice of words make me smile in amusement. "I'm definitely not like that."

"I know that now."

I nod acceptingly. "Now that you know, I think we can be acquaintances."

"Only acquaintances?" Hongbin gestures to the street where my taxi had pulled up. "Is it because of your boyfriend?" At the mention of Jungkook I can't help but feel bitter again.
"Trouble in paradise?" He jokes but it seems like there is, on my side at least.

"Acquaintances is a good start, don't you think." I ignore his question. "People shouldn't be so greedy."

"Are you lecturing me?"

"Do you feel like you need to be lectured?" I glance at the main building, wondering what Jungkook is doing right now. "A person only feels like they're being lectured when they have something that needs to be lectured on."
He only stares at me and I feel a little bit embarrassed about my emotional rambling again. Who am I do lecture him? ''Anyway, I'm going then.''

"I know now." I was about to open the door when he beats me to it, making me turn my attention to him.

"What?"

"Why he fell for you." He? Jungkook? I blink up at him puzzled not knowing what to respond. "Go home safely. Good night."

Absentmindedly, I get into the cab and tell the driver my address.

What made him think that he knows why Jungkook fell? Because to this point I'm not too sure why he did myself.



— — —

.....anyone still here? I mean I would understand if there wasn't, I am close to being gone from this world too after Jungkook's cover. I had my hand over my mouth from the very beginning because I couldn't scream (it's my dad's day off) but then when he sang Selena's part my jaw dropped so low, my hand clutched my chest because WOW IS THAT NOCHU COMING THROUGH WITH HIS Y SILKY VOCALS? No for real, I was like IS THAT JUNGKOOK? IS THAT REALLY HIM? HIS VOICE IS PURE HONEY
Ugh, he sounds so wonderful, his English, I'm forever a proud mother orz thank you so much Kookie <3 he said he would upload it after the promotions are over and he really did TTTTT also Charlie Puth acknowledged him once more I'm so happy for Jungkook ;;;;

talking about that, Spring Day promos are over and we got all the wins we could yaaaaay also how rude is Jungkook during Not Today like in every song he has that one rude part and now NT even has a solo part just for that purpose, what kind of an attack....

also the tour dates..... this time no ''more tour dates coming soon'' ;;;; what is europe? 12 dates in Japan.... orz I wanna

ALSO WHILE PROOF READING THIS I SAW THIS TWEET AND IT SHOWED JUNGKOOK WALKING OUT OF THEIR MUSIC BANK ROOM WITH SO MUCH SWAG AND CONFIDENCE AND THEN HE FLIPPED HIS HAIR SO RUUUUUUDE I JUST HATE THE WAY HE WALKS UGH (I really love tbh)

I'm drowning in new Jungkook feels today... it's been long since I felt so surpirsed by him... he usually doesn't flip his hair once it's set so I'm living but also dying here.... it hurts orz huehue *watches it a few more times*