Puppy Love

like a butterfly~

"Sorry for being late. There was an accident on the way here." I explain and set Bobo down on the floor, his head peeks out from the box. "You'd think people would know how to drive in the rain."
I've never been to this set before but it looks cozy, like a living room.

"No problem." Minhyuk says.

"Are you kidding me? I'm half an hour late, I should apologize." I was annoyed and also wet, thanks to the downpour. "I still need to get something from my car, I'll let Bobo here for a moment. Be right back."

"Don't you want an umbrella?"

"No, it's not far." I pull the hood back up and rush down the stairs past the small reception area and out to my car.
Getting the things Bobo might need, I then rush back up to Minhyuk, who had his finger sticking into the hole of Bobo's box. "He bites." 

Snapping his finger back, he looks at me frightened. "Really?"

I snicker at his expression and place the bag down. "No, but if you annoy him he might."

"He's not going to bite the artist's head off right?"

I give him the side eye. "Be realistic. Bobo is a good boy."

Taking the box I sit down on the couch and open the top half gently not wanting to scare him.
"Bobo," I lift him out of the box and his head. "Good boy."

"He's not doing anything. How is he a good boy?"

"Bobo is cute, that's enough for me." But Bobo really is a good puppy, listens well and doesn't bark around much. "Shall we start?"

"Sure, while you were stuck in traffic, we took some other photos first. That's why I said it's no problem, it wasn't planned for everyone to take a photo with Bobo."

"Ah, is that so."

"Yeah, is Bobo ok with strangers?"

''Shouldn't you have asked me that before?'' He had dealt really well with both Lee and Joon and also Ailee when she had visited me. In order for Bobo to get used to his surroundings, I put him down, he instantly starts to sniffle things around him. "Go ahead, I need to return a call."

Walking out of the room, I was so focused on my phone that I bump into someone."Oh, I'm sorry."

As I look up, I gasp startled. Fate had a funny way of messing with me. "Taehyung-ssi." Behind him was none other than Jungkook.
They look good as always. Jungkook's hair was styled more casually, his fringe was swept over his forehead.
I get startled again when my phone rings. "Excuse me, I need to take this call."

Not waiting for their reply, I walk back down the steps and out the door. "________-ah."

"Ahjumma, good that you called." Really good.

"Sorry that I couldn't take the call earlier, I was in a conference." I assure that it's ok. ''Anyway, why did you call.

''I need to fly to Japan next week and I wanted to take a few days off. I know it's very sudden but it's because of the apartment. Minhyuk found someone."

"It is very sudden." She is quiet for a moment.

"Sorry, if it doesn't work, it's fine, it's not like it's an emergency."

"How many days do you need to take off?"

"Just the Friday, I'll be back on Monday." I don't have classes on weekends and usually work from home anyway.

"________-ah, I thought you were going to take off the whole week. Take the day off and I'll make sure that your classes are taken care of."

Relieved that this was cleared, I give her my thanks and hang up, feeling very reluctant to go back in and face all of them in such close proximity. I really should have asked Minhyuk who the artists were going to be.

Taking a deep breathe, I open the door and find Jungkook sitting at the end of the stairs with Bobo in his arms.
"Oh, why are you here?" Bobo's head simultaneously moves in my direction with Jungkook's.

"Your puppy wanted to get down the stairs but was afraid to, so I carried him down. " I had noticed it before but now that he's talking more I was more certain that his satoori had faded more and more.

"He must be looking for me." I instantly feel bad for just leaving Bobo like that. "But he seems to be fine with you."

"It's probably because he already met me once." It's endearing to watch him focus on Bobo so intently. When I walk over to him, he stands up and hands me Bobo.

Having a good grip in him, I start to climb the stairs and come face to face with Minhyuk when I round the corner who almost bumps into Bobo. Reflexively, I take a step back and almost walk into Jungkook in the process. Oh, lord, what a mess.

"Oh, Bobo is with you." Minhyuk touches the top of Bobo's head. "He disappeared for a second, got worried."

"Yeah, sorry about that. But you can start now."

* * * * * *

"Noona." Jungkook's head lifts up that voice. He still doesn't like Minhyuk much. But the boy had grown up nicely and was still able to call her with such familiarity.
She doesn't respond. Her eyes focused on her laptop, immersed into her work, she had pulled her lower lip into her teeth. So, she still does that.

"Noona." This time she does answer making a distracted sound. "Noona!"

"What?" Her eyes focus only to glare at Minhyuk, annoyance clear on her face.

"Your foot," Minhyuk doesn't seem to be bothered by her rather harsh respond. He must be used to it. "You're doing it again."

Rolling her eyes, she continues working. "Unless my foot is in close proximity of kicking you, I don't think you should remind me."

"It's annoying me, though." Jungkook almost snickers.

Jungkook had always found it endearing whenever she tapped her foot absentmindedly when music playing, and even when there wasn't it's like she was always singing in her head.

"Stop whining, dongsaeng." Somehow Jungkook feels lighter at her always reminding him of their relationship. "Now, stop talking to me, I have work to do."

As she goes back to work, Jungkook also goes back to monitoring his own photos with Bobo still in his arms.
He'd been taken off guard to hear her voice earlier and when they had bumped into each other he'd wondered what fate was planning and why now.
Or maybe things are just happening because they are and nothing is supposed to happen because gauging from her reaction she was rather uncomfortable by meeting him again.

"Bobo-ah." Taehyung walks out from their dressing area to take the puppy from him as it was now his turn.

A phone rings and as he looks up he sees her walking back out. She must be really busy. 
A few minutes later, she comes back with disheveled hair as if she had run her hands through her hair several times.
Suddenly, her eyes move over to him, making him drop his gaze, forgetting he'd been blatantly staring.

"She's not looking at you, you know." Taehyung thankfully whispers. "She's looking at Bobo."
Even though he should be relieved that she hadn't caught him, Jungkook also can't help his heart feeling heavier at the thought that she doesn't care at all.

Watching Taehyung continue the shoot with Bobo, Jungkook stays there even though he usually rests as his schedule has been filled lately. He normally would have taken up the couch, any of the members, but when they'd seen her, they'd reacted much the same as at the broadcasting station.

"Noona!"

A quick intake of breath can be heard as she hisses in pain. "." Jungkook turns around and sees her cutting up an apple and by the looks of it she'd hurt herself.

"Oh, sorry, is it very deep?" Minhyuk grabs her hand, apologetic.

"No, it's just a nick." She pulls her hand out of his grip. "How many times have I told you not to shout at work?"

Jungkook's mind flashes back to that day in Japan, the last day everything had been fine, the last day they spent together.
Minhyuk and her had been like strangers and ironically now at this date, it's the total opposite with Jungkook and her being worlds apart.

Minhyuk mumbles something making her smile. "I don't think you've ever sounded so sincere before." She puts her finger against her lips. "Or maybe that's just because you rarely apologize."

"Ya!" Minhyuk seems to be embarrassed even using banmal. "That's not true."

Jungkook looks away, his heart feeling heavier and heavier at their light conversation.

"Jungkook-ah, your phone." Walking back into their dressing area, he takes the call from his brother. 
From the main room, he can hear Taehyung's laughter mixed with hers, it's sudden and it startles him.

"Bobo-ah, slow down, it's just an apple." Curious, Jungkook look out to see her with her knees on the ground petting her puppy, who is devouring a piece of apple deliciously.
Halting his little snack Bobo sniffs the air, turns and walks into his direction. "Wait, Bobo, you're not suppo—" She stops mid sentence when she sees Jungkook standing at the wide entrance. "Ah," she says as if it made all sense in the world for her dog to walk over to him.
Pushing to her foot, she walks over to him with the apple Bobo had abandoned. "Bobo has found his new favorite toy."

Jungkook hears the uncertainty in her voice, as if she wasn't sure if she should be joking. 
"Well, at least I'm good for something." Since Bobo had been waiting, mini tail wiggling, Jungkook hoists him up. That makes her smile. "Is you finger ok?"

"Hm?" She looks taken aback. "Oh, yeah. It's not a serious cut."

Looking at Bobo in his arms, she tries to feed him the apple, smiling when he does. Even though she wasn't smiling at him, Jungkook feels his mouth lifting at her loving expression.

Their moment is short lived when her phone starts ringing in her pocket, she frowns for a second and then glances up at Jungkook. "Sorry, I have to take that."

Walking back out the entrance, like she's done many times today, he can't help but wonder if that's how she felt whenever he had things to do, schedules to attend.

He catches one sentence. "Oppa, is everything ok?"

It almost feels like a punch in the gut. She was taken already. How could he have forgotten about it, when he saw it himself?

Probably, because once upon a time, he had been in that place.

* * * * * *

"Noona," totally immersed into my work, I snap my head in Minhyuk's direction. "Your phone has been going off for a while."

Since I has put it on silent I hasn't noticed that the screen was flashing. "Oh, thanks." Because I didn't want Bobo to go after me, I answer the call there. "Yes, Ahjumma."

"________-ah, it's about your leave next week. Would it be ok for you take the Monday off instead of the Friday?"

"Sure." I put my notepad aside and look at Jungkook who was playing with Bobo. "You're lucky I haven't booked yet."

"I would have paid the fees." She laughs on the other line, of course she would.

"I would never ask you to do that."

"Minhyuk would pay, too."

I cringe, this again. "Ahjumma."

"Alright, alright, I'll stop." She's finding this way to amusing. "That's all I just wanted to call you about."

"Thanks for calling me."

"Of course, let's talk later." We hang up.

Having the confirmation now, I tap away at my phone and book the flight for the short trip to Tokyo.

I'm surprised to hear a very familiar voice calling my name. "Hey, Akio." I push to my feet and give him a hug. "I didn't know you came, too. Minhyuk didn't say anything."

"That boy is useless." I laugh because 'that boy' was standing right over there.

"Did you do the styling and make up today?" I gesture towards the general direction of where the shoot was taking place. "Looks good."

"Of course, it does." Akio smugly puts his non-existent hair behind his ear. "It's me we are talking about."

"You haven't changed one bit, still as confident as ever."

He arches his brow at me. "Thank you." I laugh. He loves himself so much.
"________, your hair," reaching out, Akio touches a strand. "Who colored it for you?"

"My best friend did." I look at the mane. "What do you think?"
Akio had been the longtime stylist of the magazine Minhyuk worked at and for the short time that I worked there, too, we had become good friends. He had always wanted to do something special with my hair, but I had always kindly declined.

"I wouldn't have gone with this color. But it still looks good on you." He is looking at me like I'm a project. "I am wounded."

"Why?" I think I already know.

"You would never let me work on your hair but you've been in back in Korea for what? Four months? And you've changed and cut your hair." He confirms my assumptions. "I'm offended."

"Don't be, I just didn't feel like my hair deserved to be touched by your magical hands."

"You and your flattering words." Squinting his on eye, he points a finger at me. "You haven't changed a bit."

"I've been gone not even half a year, of course I haven't changed much."

"That's a good thing. Stay like this."

I salute him playfully. "Understood."

"Will you at least let me use you as my model today?"

"Oh, no." I shake my head vigorously. "No, Akio, really. Don't even try to talk me into it. I don't even know why you think I'd agree."

"Your phobia for cameras is still there."

"I wouldn't call it a phobia."

Akio pats my shoulder sympathetically. "It's a phobia."

"Yes, sir." I smile sweetly.

"You've worked hard." I turn in the the direction where Jungkook was thanking everyone for their hard work. Seems like the photoshoot has ended.

Akio tells me that he needs to pack up his things and hugs me one last time before returning to the room they had set up as the changing and make-up room. I, too, pack up my laptop and Bobo's toys lying around everywhere.

"You've worked hard." Jungkook says from behind me and I turn to say the same.

I smile and bend down to Bobo who was in his arms. "Bobo, you've worked hard, too."

Bobo tilts his head cutely and then opens his mouth widely to yawn. "Bobo seems to be tired."

I pet Bobo's head. "Yes, he's always tired since he is still a baby."

"Oh, really? How old is he?"

"6 months." I straighten up and glance at Jungkook who had his eyes on Bobo warmly. I wonder how Cloud is doing...

After a few seconds, he sees me looking at him and then looks back down at Bobo. "Oh, here."

Taking Bobo into my arms, I smile when he tries to my face. "Sorry, Bobo but we have to drive home first."

"Does he have to go into that box?" Jungkook points at the box.

"Ah, yes." I move to place Bobo onto the ouch so I have my hands free but Jungkook beats me to it and opens the box for me. "Thank you."

"In you go." With the help of Jungkook holding the box up, carefully I lower Bobo in and put the top half back on. He pops his head out of the roof opening. "Let's get you home, you baby."

"Noona," I peer at Minhyuk in question. "Let's have dinner together."

"Sorry, I can't. I have a lot of work to do." I hoist up my laptop bag.

"You always say that." Minhyuk sulks.

"Well, it's because it's true." I smile up at Jungkook gratefully and take Bobo's box from him. "And I also did you this favor so will you stop sulking. You're a grown up man."
I hear Bobo yawning again. "You should be having dinner with your mother instead."

Minhyuk opens his mouth but then we hear Akio calling for him to help.

"Do you need help?" Jungkook asks me quietly.

"Oh, no. Thank you." When I glance at him, he has his hands shoved into his pockets. "Well, then, have a good night."

Jungkook wishes me the same. Nodding once, I make my way out of the room and down the steps when I see the changing room. I should at least say bye to the others.

"Jungkook-ssi," I stop when I find him standing behind me instead of where I had expected him to.

"Hm?" Somehow he looks sadder than before, his hair falling into his eyes.

"Oh, uh," I'm thrown off by his expression. "I wanted to say bye to the others but.... are they changing right now?"

Now he looks taken aback, and glances at the the room. "They shouldn't be."

Following behind him, I see that that they were all doing their own things with the staff rushing around. "Hyung." At Jungkook's call, all of them look up and then focus on me.

"Ah, yes, I just wanted to say goodbye before I leave."

Taehyung stands up and points at the box. "You're taking this fluffy thing with you?"

"Yes, he's mine." I joke softly. "He's cute, isn't he."

"Really cute." He agrees and looks up at Jungkook briefly. "Do you need help with Bobo?"

I peek at Jungkook, who was looking at the box while pursing his mouth. "Bobo isn't heavy but thank you." They were all so quiet, it's a bit unnerving.
"Well, I'm going now. Have a good night." I bow and then glance at Jungkook one last time before I leave. I breathe out deeply once I'm outside. That wasn't so bad, was it?



— — —

''we don't talk anymore, we don't talk anymore, we don't talk anymore like we used to do...'' JUNGKOOK HAS BEEN STUCK IN MY HEAD SINCE YESTERDAY SOMEONE TAKE THIS BOY AWAAAAAAAAY.

omg it's so hard to try and edit when you keep singing the same thing over and over and over again so at this point I'm again very tired from sitting here... but I'm very much excited for the cover.... his voice and his english orz he just keep improving, so proud....

also, it's so cold right now that I see my neighbors sliding because the ground is frozen ice now.. oh lord my dad still needs to get home >.<

[an hour later] my dad is home *sigh of relief* I can post this now....... oh, wait I can't I still haven't found a title.. orz [another 20min later] ok im not sure I like it but whateeever