'My Future'

like a butterfly~

Jungkook steps out of his fitting room and heads towards the main hall after having gotten a message from ________. She finally arrived. After she left to visit her father yesterday, they had only chatted a little bit before his own packed schedule made him crash in minutes.

He pulls up the hood of his sweater and when he gets out of the elevator he recognizes her back at once. He smiles at the sight of her wearing similar clothing to him.
With a black hoodie and black jeans she reminded him of his younger self a lot. She is actually walking with someone and if he isn't mistaken it's her brother's girlfriend's brother.

Giving them some privacy, Jungkook slows down while they stop in front of a big screen with the live broadcast. She turns to look at her friend with a grave expression and shortly after the guy drops his head with a sigh.
She puts her hands into the pocket of her hoodie and waits. The guy lifts his head and tries for a smile, then his phone rings and he excuses himself after patting her arm. But the gesture looks forced.

She looks after him for a moment and then she faces the big screen. Jungkook begins walking again, sneaking up behind her and wraps his arms around her.

She immediately lifts a hand and puts it on his arm as if she had no doubt its him.
"Hey." Her voice is very soft as she tries to look at him but he keeps his arms locked in place.

Jungkook leans his head against hers and closes his eyes as he breathes her in. "You smell nice."

He can feel her smile. "It's apples."

"I like apples." He shifts and moves to her side. "How come you're here so early?"

"Jieun-Eonni called me but I haven't been to see her yet." She looks at him then at his clothes. "Hey, you look like me."

"No, you look like me, I was born first."

She gives him a look. "Only Jimin-Oppa can make it sound cute."

"Why? I'm cute, too."

"Oh, now you're ok with being cute? If you want to be cute you should stop going to the gym and―" He jumps on her. Surprisingly, she is able to catch his weight and actually carries him piggy back even if his feet aren't completely off the ground. "Aigoo, your freaking muscles mass. See? If you were cute I'd have no problem carrying you."

Jungkook snickers but gets back down. "But you're strong."

"I have to be. Everyone keeps saying how no one can handle or fight you. That will be me from now on." She's being intentionally expressive. It's cute.

"Ah, really?" She nods with her pretty eyes. "Ok, then." And he jumps on her again or tries to but she dodges him.

Giggling deep in , she points a finger at him and sticks her tongue out. ''Not today, Jungkookie. Not today.''

It warms him up whenever she uses one of their inside jokes against him. He catches her hand and pulls her back to him, and she just lets him without bracing herself, crashing right into him.

And then they just hold each other, once more falling into their own little world.

''I'm wearing the contacts again.'' Jungkook informs her but she is already studying them, staring right into his soul.

''So pretty.'' She dotes and she really means it, referring to more than just the surface. And he really feels it in him. ''I keep getting distracted by your eyes.''

Cradling her face, he leans close but she retreats while her smile deepens bashfully. "Let me get distracted by your eyes for a second."

She laughs loudly and grabs his hands against her face. "Just one second." His heart swells at her warm and indulging tolerance towards his antics. She accept him just the way he is, always has. "One."

Her entertained grin makes him lean down to peck her lips. Her hands tighten when he lingers and she pulls back. But then she surprises him. "Your lips are so soft."

Jungkook blinks and presses his lips together. Then he smirks as the thoughts of what he could do with his mouth run through his head and he squishes her to him. "So, you like my lips, huh."

"Ah, ya. Don't get the wrong idea. I was just saying." With her speaking into his shoulder, it made her sound adorable.

He moves back and grins. "I like your lips, too."

She looks at him and when his eyes trails down to her rosy mouth, she grabs his arm to start walking. "Anyway…"

He waits but she doesn't say more. "'Anyway' what?"

"Anyway nothing. I just wanted you to stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" He taunts her.

She throws a look at him knowing exactly what he is doing. "Like you wish we were in our bedroom right now."

There is a few seconds of delay before Jungkook bursts out laughing. Just like yesterday she had surprised him by how forward she can be. It's relieving to know that she can take his taunting. He is so used to the dynamic with the members that it's hard to differentiate sometimes because he already feels so close and comfortable with her.

"Come, quickly. I think I need to sit down, my head is hurting." She begins pulling him along.

"Why?" He asks with concern.

"Little sleep and I haven't been drinking enough water." She always has trouble remembering to stay hydrated. "There are so many light here too."

''When did it start?'' Keeping a hand on her arm, he guides her to his room.

''I woke up lightheaded. But it got worse when I spoke with Sungmin-Oppa.'' Oh, right. His name is Sungmin.

''Was it something stressful?'' Every time she speaks with him, it will end up with her looking conflicted but she will always push it aside with a smile for Jungkook. Maybe this time it's about her relation to him again.

When she glances at Jungkook, she thinks a while before speaking. ''Sungmin-Oppa told me that he likes me.''

Jungkook had suspected that for some time now, but Sungmin sure has guts for confessing when he already knew about him beforehand.
Jealousy simmers at the knowledge that there is someone else with feelings for her that run deeper than friendship. Someone that would act upon it even when it's already too late.

''He said that he knows you are in the picture but hoped that he might still have chance. I told him that I think you're the one.'' Jungkook looks at her. It's not that he didn't feel her love for him. Obviously, she does. She gave herself to him fully. He is just taken aback that she told Sungmin that. This must have been a big leap for her.

''You do?'' She nods hesitantly at first before it turns into determination, which tells him that it's also a big step for her to tell him directly. Because of her parents it must be hard for her to have a hopeful outlook towards the unpredictable future. ''Well, you already know I see you as my longtime future.''

Now, her sparkling eyes are back. ''You know, that's my favorite line you said. If I was into tattoos, I would probably...''

Jungkook mock gasps. ''You aren't into tattoos? What are we going to do about mine then?''

Staring at him, her expression becomes more and more dry. Then she hits his . ''This joke won't work anymore, Oppa! I already saw you nak―'' Her eyes widen, realizing her slip up before she blushes.

Grinning from ear to ear, he wraps his arm around her shoulder and out of embarrassment she hides her face by pressing into him. His heart explodes at her endearing actions.

Leading the way, he keeps back his snicker when she never pulls away not even when a few other artists greet him.

Then when they arrive in front of the fitting rooms, he feels her giggling into him. She's doing this on purpose. Lifting her head from him, her eyes shine brightly straight at him. Someone like her could be with anyone, but she is here. She is in his life just as much as he is in her life.

Then her attention is taken when some people walk by them. She bows looking a little bit uncomfortable. Jungkook opens the door and ushers her in.

''Oppa?'' She asks lowly after greeting the staff. ''Do you remember the Coordi-Eonni I was so close with?''

He purses his lips trying to remember. There were only a few of the staff she ever met. ''I think so.''

''Doesn't she work for BigHit anymore? I haven't seen her yet.'' One hand behind her back, Jungkook points at the couch.

''Uhm...'' A lot of things have changed, so it isn't easy to pin point it.

''The one who did my hair so prettily...'' She tries.

''Oh, yeah, Mijung-Noona. She takes care of the trainees now, has been for a lot of years.''

''Ah...'' She nods her head absentmindedly and Jungkook has to nudge her for her to sit down.

''Do you miss her?''

There is surprise when she glances up but then she smiles softly. ''Yeah, a little. It was much easier to get close to your staff when I was younger.''

Jungkook suddenly feels bad for not introducing them. He is always so happy to have her with him that he totally neglected to do that. But it's not too late. ''Ah, ________-ie, this is Seolhee-Noona, Jinyoungie-Hyung, Songhee-Noona and last but not least Sekhyungie-Hyung. My Manager-Hyung you already know.''

She listens attentively and he has no doubt that she will try her best to remember all the names he just threw at her. He will make sure to take her to see Mijung one day.

He pats her head. ''Since you didn't get a lot of sleep, you can take a nap here. Noona, can we switch off the lights for a bit?" Jungkook asks.

"Ah, no, no, don't, it's fine." ________ quickly waves her hand.

Songhee glances at her briefly. "Sure, but I'll have to keep the vanity light on."

Standing up, Jungkook grabs a water bottle from the table and goes to switch the main lights off.
"Rest a little." He says and hands her the water bottle. She opens it and drinks a bit before putting it down.

"Thank you." She lies down, keeping her feet on the floor. Reaching over, he takes her legs and puts them on his lap. She shifts to a more comfortable position and he takes a jacket and drapes it over her.

Like this, she rests and he does too leaning his head back on the couch. It's probably only ten minutes later when she moves, moving her legs off of him and a few seconds later he feels her head leaning against his shoulder. Her arm snakes around his, hugging him to her like she would a plushie.

Jungkook smiles. Some things never change.

* * * * * *

"Oppa, did you ever master the acoustic guitar?" I ask as I watch a female idol's stage. She was singing while also playing the guitar.

"No," Jungkook answers next to me. "It was already hard enough for me to learn to play the piano to this extent. Drums was much easier."

The self mockery he used makes me slap his knee. "Aren't you the Golden Maknae? Also, you play really well. Have more confidence but also since when do you play the drums?"

"Golden Maknae has become old." He says though he squeezes my hand. I keep it there and continue watching. "Also you should have seen in the music video."

''You play the drums in the MV?''

''Nope.'' Jungkook says with ease. ''So, you still haven't seen it.''

My eyes lock with his in guilt. "Not yet… I wanted to watch with you."

"Oh, really?'' That makes him perk up. ''Ok. Let's watch the music video together later."

"Ok." I agree absentmindedly but then I look at him. "You have a fansign later."

"I can still drop by later."

"True." And with that I focus on the screen again. There has always been something about the acoustic guitar that drew me to it. The singers voice matched the soft strumming well and worked beautifully in harmony. If only I could hear this live in person.

My phone rings. I reach for it and frown when I see it's Jungkook. I look over my shoulder but he's staring at his phone. What is he doing?

'I really don't want to interrupt you since you're so cutely in the zone but I have to ask you to stop'

Stop what? Stop being cute? What?

I glance at him and ask him quietly. There is a reason why he messaged me instead of voicing it. "Stop what?"

He looks at me and then very deliberately glances downward. My brows pull together as I follow his gaze and unintentionally land on his raised crotch. My cheeks flush.
Isn't that just his manly unavoidable situation after waking up? How is that my faul— oh, nevermind.
It's then that I realize how I had circled my finger around his bare knee from the cutouts of his jeans. When I'm distracted I tend to twirl with things and draw random patterns with my fingers. In my admiration and concentration for the singer, I had probably done more than just that.

I immediately pull my hand away and smile sheepishly. "Sorry." I guess now that we've made love he'll be more sensitive to my touch and vice versa.

He smirks and uses his leather jacket to cover up. For some reason, I'm storing it into the back of my mind that his knees are sensitive. His ears, too. Also his neck.

"________-ie," he calls, making me focus on him. "Look here." He shows me his phone and it's a photo of him wearing the SOPA uniform.

"Wah," I grab his phone and smile at the photo. "You always made the uniform look so charismatic. I still love it so much. Was this from the graduation?"

"Eoh," when he reaches for his phone, I scoot to him and watch him scroll through more photos. "Hyungs came too."

I just make sounds of amazement. It's so nostalgic. "It's unfortunate I couldn't go. I'm sure you stood out, like a prince."

"And it's not because you love me so much." He leans his head closer.

"That, too." I giggle. "Your hair made you stand out."

He hums in agreement and I grab my own phone to start searching for more graduation photos.
Soon after we broke up, I had transferred to a school close to where my brother worked in Japan. Now, years later, I really wish we could have worked it out and spent the rest of our high school days well. But we had let time run out. Things that might not have happened, did at the end because I chose to run away instead. Not this time.

Jungkook and I end up leaning on each other, each with our phones in hand. His head on mine while mine is on the curve of his shoulder.

At one point, he puts his phone down and takes a deep breath, resting into me. Soon, his breathing falls into a calm rhythm. He must have fallen asleep. I lift his jacket higher without jostling him too much.

I peek at him and giggle quietly. He looks so cute when he sleeps.

My phone chimes a while later and I answer it quickly not wanting to wake him unnecessarily. "Hello?"

"________-ie? Why are you whispering?" It's Jieun.

"Uh," I move my eyes to look at Jungkook. "Jungkook-Oppa is sleeping."

"Ah…" She clears . I haven't told her yet so she must be taken aback. "I'm free now. Sorry that it took me so long to get back to you but I heard you saw Sungminie."

"Yes, I saw him briefly." Jungkook stirs next to me and when he sits up I look at him apologetically. He just smiles with one eye closed and pats my head. "Should I come see you now?"

"Yeah, now would be perfect."

"Ok, I'm on my way." Hanging up, I stand up. "Want to come with me?"

Jungkook jumps to his feet with a sudden surge of energy. "Let's go, let's go." But as I step towards the door he pauses. "Ah, wait a second."

He moves to the vanity, sits down and gets a few things out of a small bag then leans close to the mirror to get his contacts out. I shudder. I don't think I could do that.

Blinking rapidly, he then grabs a pair of round specs and puts them on. I stare at him. He looks incredibly cute. The lens of the glasses somehow magnify his eyes a little bit or make them appear clearer so they look even rounder and prettier.

He stands up and when he sees my face he stops. "What?"

I gape at him. "You look even cuter now! How is that possible?"

His manager snickers at that. But it's the truth. He really is too cute.

* * * * * *

"How is your father?"

"Better. So much better than I ever imagined." The relief in her voice is clear. Jungkook is happy for her. "And I think I have to thank you for that."

"Why?"

"You went to visit him a few times, didn't you?" She smiles.

He had indeed visited her father during their time apart. He would find himself worrying for her father, so one day when he had the time, he drove to the hospital. "Did he tell you?"

"No, the nurse told me a very handsome man came to take care of him." She slides her hand into his after having responded to a message. "Thank you for that. My father really likes you. I think through that he was able to be at peace with himself knowing that you are really a great person and that he leaving me into good hands"

"That's a relief. It's really nice talking to your father. He's funny." So funny. There was more laughing on his side than talking.

"Oh, he's very much like you."

He feels her lifting their joined hands just to scratch her face. He chuckles. "You know what? You take after him a lot actually."

"I do? In what way?" She looks at him curiously.

"Your carefreeness. Also, your jokester side."

"Am I? Sometimes I feel like I'm not funny anymore." curves downwards.

"You don't have to be funny to be a jokester. For you to not get annoyed at me for always joking is already enough." He nudges her side. "I really love that about you, how you can take my humor."

"Ey, how could I find you annoying when you looks so cute all the time."

He looks into her mischievous eyes. That's what he means. As much as he teases her she does it right back. "All the time, huh."

"Yes."

"All the time?" She starts to giggle when he moves in to tickle her. Her hands fend him off by catching his in hers. "Are you certain?"

"Yes, I'm certain. 24/7." Still, she keeps teasing him. "You know just earlier when you told me to stop touching you, you were so so incredibly cu―"

Her words are dragged out into a squeal. She giggles into him when he tickles her right then and there. She clutches onto his hoodie trying to push him away and hold on at the same time. "No! I'm going to pee. Stop!"

Jungkook bursts out into fits of laughter at the unexpectedness and then hugs her to him instead. He can't but also can believe she said it. It makes him love her even more.

"I'll show you exactly how cute I am tonight." He promises lowly. Her hands tighten on his clothes.

"You do that, Jungkook-ah." Their teasing has no reign. She pulls back to peer at him with that same look she gave him before they made love. She's getting better and better at it and it's going to drive him crazy. "I'm anticipating it."

"You're anticipating it? You're anticipating it?" He repeats and walks her backwards. She's been doing things all day and yesterday that keep him from staying focused and now she says she is anticipating it. Does she really want him to suffer?

She grabs his hands and beams up at him. "Yes, now come. Eonni is waiting for me."

As she walks, he steps up to her and puts his arm around her neck in a mock headlock. She giggles and puts a hand on his arm. "You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?"

"Not earlier but… I do love seeing your reactions." She grins in glee and he can't help it. He smiles with her. "See? You think it's funny too."

Not really. He meant it when he said it's very distracting. "You're funny."

"Ah, I know." She says confidently and then cracks up again. She's about to say something else when they hear her name being called from the side.

She stills in his arms and looks around him. Jungkook follows her. She stiffens in his arms. It's her brother with Jieun. By the looks of it she had no idea that her brother would be here too. Jungkook never knew but maybe he should have. He's watching her face closely. Did something happen?

No one says anything until he puts a hand to her lower back. She snaps out of it. "O-Oppa, I didn't know you were here."

"It's probably because you haven't been answering my calls." Jungkook glances at Jieun. Did she plan this?

"Can you blame me?" ________ responds. "The last time I saw you, your words weren't exactly consoling. You just left me sitting there like that."

Her voice is tense and he can hear the emotions rising. What happened? Did they fight?

Her brother turns to Jieun. "Eunnie, can we use your office to talk in private?"

"Yes, of course." It's right behind them. The two must have been waiting for their arrival. Her brother is most likely surprised to see that she isn't alone.

Jieun opens the door to her office. "I'll wait outside." Her brother nods.

It's a talk between family so maybe Jungkook should wait too. But then he sees ________ turn to glance at him quickly. She wants him to stay.

Her brother is about to close the door after she had walked in when Jungkook raises his hand. "Eh, I'll stay."
She regards him with surprise but also thankfulness based with clear relief. All he can do now is be her support even though he doesn't know what it is that drove them apart.

When Jungkook turns to close the door, he catches Jieun looking at him with a proud smile. He smiles back not knowing exactly what it meant.

He faces around and finds her brother looking at him heads on for the first time. Would he remember him? It's been years.

"Have you been lying to me or have you been dating all this time?" Her brother asks it with a bit of humor so maybe he was here to make amends with her.

"No, we recently met again, Jungkook-Oppa and I." She reaches out to grab Jungkook's hand and pulls him to a chair at the small conference table.

"And you didn't tell me?" Her brother asks softly almost in a hurt way, sitting opposite from them.

"Oppa," she says in slight exasperation. "You were already upset about me telling you about father. You didn't even give me the chance to explain any more. You left me sitting there alone... Also, we hadn't been back together, yet."

Jungkook pats her arm. "We have."

"We have?" She tilts her head and he nods. "Oh, yeah, we have." Then she focuses back on her brother. "We have."

Despite the circumstances, Jungkook smiles a little. So cute.

"How did you meet again?" Her brother is looking at Jungkook now. "And you're being honest when you say you have not met up even once during these four years?"

"So, what if we have?" Siblings arguing is kind of scary. They both have quick reactions. No wonder she is so good at countering him sometimes. "But you didn't come here to talk about me and Oppa."

Her brother still glances at him once though. Jungkook stays quiet. If she doesn't want to tell her brother anything then she doesn't want to. "Ya, that's not right. I really want to know now."

"Oppa!" She shouts, patience snapping. "Just apologize!"

"I'm sorry." Her brother blurts out. "I shouldn't have said those things. I know your judgment is anything but poor and.. and now that I went to visit fathe―"

"You visited dad? When?" She leans forward protectively.

"While you were gone on your business trip. Jieun told me. It was a few days ago." It must have been right before she came back. Jungkook hadn't been to visit her father for almost a week now.

"If you wanted to visit him you should have waited for me."

"My leave ends tomorrow, ________-ie." Then her brother takes a deep breath and looks down at his hands. "I met Uncle Hyunsik."

"He was at the hospital again?" Again? Why did she say it with such animosity? They seemed very close.

"No, not at the hospital." Her brother meets her eyes. "I went to the theater to look for you the first day I had my leave. He was there… He told me."

"W-What?" Jungkook looks at her. Why does she look so shocked? Tell him what?

"About mom. He… He apologized without knowing that I had no prior knowledge of that incident and said that if he could turn back time he would have never betrayed his own friend like that." Her brother still appears to be shaken up by that information about her mother. If only Jungkook had know sooner that the 'friend' was also a very meaningful person in their life.

"And you believed him immediately?" She asks.

"No, but then I thought why would he make up something as outrageous as this after a decade." Her brother rubs his shaven hair. "That's why I went to see father."

"You asked him about it?" She pushes up from the chair. "Why? I told you he was ill."

"I know, I know." Her brother voices desperately. "I'm sorry, I know now but I didn't know his illness was so severe. I talked to the doctor. I know now that father has been ill almost all his life. I know now that he has suffered from lung cancer before only to have it return now. I know I was wrong now. And I regret it. I'm sorry."

Her brother looks so defeated and she looks so upset. But maybe if she remembers that once upon a time she had reacted very much like her brother she will be able to forgive him.

Jungkook silently puts his hand on her thigh just as he had on that day when she got frustrated about her father joking about his sickness.
She covers his hand with hers a second later. She gives him a small nod. Of course, she remembers. But sometimes, she just needs a reminder.

She lets go and reaches over to her brother who has his head lowered and his arms on the table like a man who had sinned and wraps her fingers around his.

No words are said on forth and maybe between siblings as close as them it's not needed but Jungkook can feel it, the storm between them is over. Now, they will walk through it together.



— — —

hi..... today is one of those days where I have nothing to say... because bangtan have been on tour, I've been finding my own things to get busy with.. now they are filming for something either summer package or now4. even though it's work I'm glad they get to vacation in hawaii ^^

someone on tumblr requested for me to write a love scene for this fanfic, it wasn't really a set request but more of an idea and I used to be against writing , not because I have issues against it but because I couldn't do it for scenarios only but now that I have established this storyline and their feelings for each other, I am much more open to it... it's still not going to be easy though... these flirty scenes are already hard to write or rather hard to not to edit out. sometimes I worry if it's too much and if doesn't fit the characters but I believe at this point of their relationship, it's normal for their attraction to haywire, basically lol

anyway, I'm babbling again ^^ I think it's time for me to read For You and like a butterfly~ back to back so I know what I still need to address and what loose ends to tie up.... but ugh I really can't read my old stuff, it's like hearing a recording of your own voice orz... 

It's probably also a good idea for me to.... ok so what I did is I posted FY on tumblr only, then I copy and pasted that to AO3 a month later.. and then another few months later, I posted on AFF and edited the chapters a little bit... I think it's a good idea for me to have the same version on every platform.... yeah I should have done that from the beginning >.<

even when I don't have anything to say, I still say alot xD love you bye