Epilogue : Star pt.3

like a butterfly~

tumblr_ov3t0szxc51uimmhbo2_540.gif

(gif credit)

Scrolling through my social media as I come out from the bathroom after preparing for dinner tonight, I stop when I see Jungkook lying on the bed with his arms thrown over his head. As always he's quiet when he wants to be, so quiet that I hadn't even heard him return even when I wasn't playing music that loudly.
He had been gone for a few hours since early morning again and whatever exercises they did, it made him tired enough to doze off now.

Lowering the volume of the song playing on my phone, I give an excited Bobo some of my love and affection before walking over to the bed and lay myself to him, putting my head on his bicep.
Moving in his sleep, Jungkook turns towards me and throws his other arm around my waist, nestling his head into my shoulder. He does that often when he's asleep, he will either pull me to him or find his way to me. That had surprised me at the very beginning of staying over at each other's homes. Jungkook didn't appear to be the kind of guy that enjoyed cuddling, but he is quite the koala bear at times.

'~To be honest, it wasn't easy to confess first~'

One of my favorite songs he has sung and even though he has so many beautiful ballads, this still makes me feel some kind of way just like when I first heard it. It's a very heart fluttering song.

'~My love will hurt~'

"It's this song again." Jungkook murmurs against my skin and I wonder if he was even asleep, to begin with.

"I like it." He isn't really fond of me listening to this particular song because he didn't do well enough he says. I glance down at him but only see the top of his fringe. I give him a few rapid pecks to which he smiles at.

"You smell good." He kisses my neck and then pushes up. "It's the one I bought, right?"

"Hm." For a while, I stopped putting on fragrance because I got sick of the overly flowery and sweet scents which was when he offered to find me something cleaner and more soothing rather than irritating. Let's just say that Jungkook knows his scents very well.

He props one elbow under his head and plays with the necklace around my neck. Three, two, on— "Hold on, didn't you lose this?"

I place down my phone and peer at him. "I found it in my apartment in Tokyo."

"Ah," he fondles the necklace some more. "It's a relief."

"It is!" I sit up. "I was so happy when I found it and I wanted to call you but you were having your concert and then later I forgot to tell you."

"You cutie."

"You are a cutie." I retort and while I mean to pull back in time, Jungkook managed to secure his arms around me.

"Yes, my cutie."

"Ah, no!" I push against him when he attempts to pull us back down. "No, I made myself look pretty, don't ruin it."

"But you were lying down on me just a minute ago."

"Next to you, on your arm, yes," I add when he wants to interject. "But it was a controlled act, don't wrinkle up my dress."

"It's not even a material that will crinkle," Jungkook mutters as I stand up from the bed. "Remember to bring something to wear over it in case it gets cold." I have a history of catching colds because I always forgot to bring an outerwear.

"Yeah, I got my cardigan." It's going to get especially chilly near the beach. "Also talking about crinkle—"
Jungkook groans and falls back. He already knows what I am going to say.
"Sometimes I see your airport photos and I just, I just want to drive over with an iron." It's always something that irked me whenever I saw him wearing crinkled shirts.

"I know, you tell me all the time."

I stifle a laugh at his monotone voice and get my heels. "Because you never listen. I have offered many times to iron them for you before you leave."

Now that makes him sit up again with a raised brow. "You're always borderline late for work. You don't even have time for that."

I give him the same look. "And whose fault is that, huh? Who always says five more minutes and doesn't want to let go, being a little baby who still cannot wake up, hm?"

"Bobo?" He diverts sheepishly, standing up. I turn away to hide the smile pushing through and use the table to balance myself as I slip into the heels.
"Are these the ones I got you?" Jungkook is now standing next to me, a hand touching my arm.

"Are they?" I peek up at him, taller now. "Shouldn't you know?"

"Well, I don't know," he admits, but the next thing he adds makes me smack his arm. "You have so many shoes it's hard to keep track."

"Ya, I have so many shoes? What about all your boots and sneakers and in general all the things that you have. We don't even have space for them anymore." It's no joke. He needs a whole floor for all the gifts he used to get.

"It's not that much."

It is and he knows. "We need to find a whole basement for them."

"Houses have basements." He suddenly says while I gather my things. "Should we start looking for houses?"

I look over my shoulder nonchalantly. "Why? Our apartment is great, we can live there forever." His eyes bulge at my statement.
I can't hold back and laugh at his expression. "You really believed me?"

"You're getting too good at this." This being teasing him from time to time.

"Well, someone has to." His response is to kiss my temple before going to get ready himself.

''I hung up your ironed shirt in the closet!'' I call out after him.

Jungkook throws a thumbs up over his shoulder. ''Thank you!'' He says, pronouncing it in that dorky way of his.

What a dork.

— — — — —

"Bobo!" Jungkook looks ups from his camera and sees little Wookie pointing at something on the beach. A dog playing by the water.

"Son, Bobo is right here. That's another dog." Joon explains as they stroll on the paved out way in the sand of the beach.

"Bobo.'' Wookie repeats as he looks at the actual Bobo and reaches for his curly tail.

Lee and Gahyun were walking up front playing with the Polaroid camera while the guys stayed further back with the stroller.
Soojung and Minhyuk ran off somewhere. It's like they are the youngest couple here. They never left the honeymoon phase and love being by themselves even when it's a gathering.
And his significant other? She's currently busy with a phone call and had fallen back. Whenever he checked on her she had a frown on her face. Ever since she's started her own business she's been getting more and more stressed. On top of that, she also got more workload from the theater since she got promoted a while ago.

"Everyone smile!" Everyone lifts their gazes and strikes a pose for the photo that the girls were taking.

"Ah, Joon-ah, does the academy still accept students?" Jimin asks suddenly.

"Not at the moment, why?"

"I few of our trainees have shown interest in focusing more on certain skills and I thought of you." Jimin has always been very engaging when it comes to taking care of trainees. Especially when it comes to helping them build connections.

Joon scratches his jaw in deep thought. "How many would it be?"

"Five."

"Ah, five." His face lifts in relief. "Five students are no problem. I thought you were going to enroll a whole class in the middle of training."

"Sadly not that many people are interested in your classes," Jimin teasingly nudges Jungkook's sides. "They seem more interest in taking vocal coaching with ________-ie."

He couldn't blame them, really. Ever since people found out that she is the vocal trainer in Joon's academy, the trainees have been showing their interest. Most of them don't know though that she is his girlfriend. They think that she is a close staff who is always miraculously around him until they research and see the photos of them together in public.

"She's a great coach," Jungkook says simply not being ruffled at all. "I just hope they are not annoying her about anything outside of music." She mostly only works with children but in some cases, she preps some trainees for evaluation when needed.

"I don't think so since I recommended them I told them to represent us well," Jimin reveals.

Joon cuts in. "When I checked in on her class that one time, everything seemed to be great. She was preparing them for the monthly evaluation."

Out of nowhere, Jungkook feels a clap on his back. "Talking about me?" Jungkook notices that she took off her heels. He bought them for her because she'd always comes back from work with pain and heard that this brand, in particular, is more comfortable in longer spans of wear time.

"Yes, we were wondering how the students are," Joon asks.

"Students?" She looks from Joon to Jungkook. "You mean the ones from Big Hit?"

"Yeah, we were curious because they seemed to have found an interest in your class particularly." Jimin jumps in. Jungkook doesn't even need to say anything. "Do you think they know you are linked to Jungkook."

"Of course." She responds lightly, taking Jimin off guard with the way she said it. "I mean it's not hard to figure out, I am always around you and wasn't my face on that one website?"

"Xsports?" Joon answers and Jungkook glares at him. It still bothered him very much how this website just revealed her face to the public like that. Even though she seemed to have accepted it, it didn't sit well with him at all.

"Yeah," her hand moves to the crook of his elbow. She most likely could feel his mood darkening. "Although I feel like one or two students didn't know and now regret being in my class."

"What did they do?" Jungkook asks alarmed.

"Nothing," she reassures him. "It's just they seemed a bit awkward looking at me. Maybe they could transfer to another class."

"No! Don't mess up my planning." Joon rejects her proposal.

"I have a share too!" There they go again, bantering like little kids about their shares in the academy.

"Your share is nothing against mine." She glares at him, stumped by the truth of his words. It's not that she couldn't have had more of a share but it was because she didn't want to focus everything on an academy. There is a lot that the future holds. She still has a rising carrier at the theater. Investing too much into the academy at this point wouldn't be a smart move.

"I don't like talking to you three." She says and puts her heels in the net compartment under Wookie's stroller.

"What did I do?" Jungkook asks confused for her dragging him into the bunch when he didn't even say much.
She gives him a look, close to a glare and then just walks away to join her friends.

"And what did I do?" Jimin asks even more puzzled, pointing at herself.

"Got her there." Joon seems to be pleased with himself and maybe that's the thing. He must have really gotten to her with that. She does talk about how she wishes she was further along in life than she believes she is right now.

Jungkook puts his arm around Joon's shoulders. "You know I could buy all of your shares right this instant."
Jimin burst out into laughter at Jungkook's sudden and rare cockiness.

"What did I do to deserve this?" Joon knows that Jungkook would never.

"Try not to in front of me too much." Jungkook pats Joon's shoulder goodheartedly. "It would be great if she is in a good mood today."

"Ah, right, I forgot." Of course he did and Jungkook doesn't blame him one bit. Being a husband and a father of soon to be his second child must take up all of his thoughts. Jungkook notices him always having an eye on his wife. It must not be easy to balance everything. "Are you nervous?"

"Not yet." Jungkook looks at her taking photos with the girls striking funny poses. "Later, I guess.''

"Everything will go well," Jimin assures him and pats his back.

Jungkook actually feels calmer than he did the days before. Now that everything is set up and done, so was his heart. Actually, he was so ready he couldn't wait for nighttime to fall because that is when stars shine the brightest.

— — — — —

"Stop buying him toys. He will just end up destroying them within the day.''

Jungkook smiles to himself. Her father loves to spoil his children he calls them. With the money she gives him he will just end up buying food and toys for either Bobo or food for his daughter.

"Yeah, he's right next to me." Jungkook looks up to see her glancing at him. "Sure."

He takes the phone that she is giving him and speaks into the phone. "Hello?"

"Jungkook-ah, how's the trip going?"

"It's good, it's good. Very relaxing and healing I would say." Jungkook watches as she continues to eat her food. "Dad, have you eaten?"
It's been a while since her father had wanted Jungkook to call him dad. He'd been surprised, flustered and thrown off but immensely honored to do so. "Don't forget to take your vitamins and medicine."

"Aigoo, my memory is still perfectly well, you kids." He laughs. "But I did almost forget."

Jungkook chuckles. "Remember to also not stand too much when you go golfing with your friends."

"My back has been better lately."

"Still," Jungkook insists. "Also before I forget to tell you, next time for when he is over, Bobo doesn't have to go out that much if you are tired just tell him to pee in the bathtub. We taught him that recently. Don't strain yourself, Dad."

"Ah, oh, I understand." Jungkook feels a hand on his knee, she is busy putting his favorite food on his plate for him while he's on the phone. "I feel like I'm the child now."

"Now that we are grown up it's time for us to care and spoil our parents." He sees her smiling gently. "You don't know but your daughter has gotten you a lovely gift here."

"What? Really? Is it a golf rack?" Not a second later, he feels a slap on his thigh just where seconds ago she had placed her hand habitually. She stares at him in astonishment for revealing it.

"Maybe." Jungkook smiles at her cheekily.

She leans in to the phone. "If you don't care for your back more I'm getting rid of all your golf equipment, Dad."

"Please, tell my daughter that I am scared."

Jungkook laughs but delivers the message which only makes her roll her eyes. "I guess I'll just have to return the navy blue set with Titan silver embroidery." She halts. "Tell him that."

Jungkook does. There is a pause on both sides.

"She's scary. Are you sure you want to marry her?" Jungkook almost chokes, scared that she heard since she was still leaning close. "You should think about it some more before—"

"A-ah, Dad, don't you have to take your medicine before you forget?" Jungkook tries to deter. "Please, remember to take them as soon as I hang up."

"Ah, right. I almost forgot again." He chuckles. "Enjoy your dinner, kids. Don't worry about me.''

"Take care and rest a lot. We'll come visit as soon as we return."

"Eoh." Her father agrees and they say their farewell. As always before ending the call Jungkook will hand the phone back to her so father and daughter can have their last words as well.

"________-ah, I found these in our old stash of things." Junghyun, Jungkook's brother, sitting on the opposite side of the table of the restaurant, hands her a few photos. He had moved back to Busan a while ago and they always hang out whenever they are in the same city.

She scans them in the dark lit restaurant and immediately coos. "Ah, so cute. You were so cute as a child. Oh my goodness, look at your eyes.''

Jungkook sighs. So it's his baby photos. "Where did you find these, Hyung?"

"In the old garage, remember how we put some things in Uncle's place. I went there to get our things and I found them.''

"Oh, this is our uniform." Jungkook glances at the photo she is holding in her hands. "But you look so much younger."

"Mom sent me this while I was in the military. I found it again this weekend." Junghyun keeps handing her photos of Jungkook.

"Was this the year before we met?" The red hair, the shorter haircut, and the unmistakable bright, yellow uniform. "It is!''

"What else would it be?" He answers teasingly.

"You looked so different though." She pouts, deep in thought. "That's amazing how much you changed."

"Ya, you should have seen him after 2016, the fans kept saying how being his fan was like a roller coaster ride."

She looks at Jimin intrigued to hear the reason. "Why?"

"He was taller than Taehyung and then suddenly Taehyung was tall, he got muscular and then leaner and then had cute haircuts and so on. Fans didn't know what to do." Jimin shakes his head.

"That's funny." She smiles faintly and looks at the school photo a bit longer. "I would have liked to meet you then."

"I really don't think I would have talked to you." Jungkook puts his arm on the back of her chair, moving closer.

"Oh, right, he wouldn't even talk to his classmates on the ceremony. He was so shy." Jimin taunts him some more. "You should watch the video some time."

"I'll tell Jungkook to show me."

"You've known each other for that long?" Gahyun asks having listened attentively as she was sitting right opposite from them with Jimin. "Since high school?"

"Yeah, Lee and Joon too, we want to the same class in the last year of high school." The other couple nods in confirmation.

"Wow, that means you've all been together for seven what eight years?" Not quite. Jungkook and ________ slowly glance at each other with an amused smile each on their faces. They haven't told the story in a while and maybe because Gahyun never felt comfortable to ask she didn't know through Jimin either. "Or didn't you date from then?"

"Actually," she begins to explain but then stops and smiles at him over her shoulder. His heart palpitates. She's so beautiful. "You should tell Gahyunie the story." 

"Why? You can do it too." He her back.

She glares at him lightly. "I already did. Remember how your friend wanted to know? It's your turn now, I want to hear again too."

Smiling, Jungkook sits forward and dotes on her head like a child's. "This one here, I first saw her before our debut and I had a crush on her for a while even though we were only children."

"Oppa, we were 14,15."

"Children, exactly." Compared to now, they for sure were. "Anyway, we met again in high school and she didn't remember me, but still we fell madly in love."

"Did we?" She nags him jokingly. ''Fall madly in love?''

"Yes, we did." Not as much as now for sure but enough to leave a deep impression even after their split. "But because of some incidents, we parted ways for… four years, was it?" She nods her head. "And we reunited at the theater where she still works at and we fell in love again." Jungkook finishes their story easily as Gahyun just blinks. Jimin smiles and pats her head.

"I'll tell you everything some time later. I should have told the story myself." ________ speaks directly to Gahyun. "It will make much more sense if I do."
Jungkook highly entertained by her indirect jabs at him, jabs back by poking her where it tickles. She jumps and looks at him with a murderous glare.

"But it's a sweet story."

Jungkook and her both look at Gahyun. "Is it?"

"Yeah." Gahyun places a finger on her chin. "Although I don't know the details. You met each other three times in different phases of your life. Each time it was connected and even though you parted after high school, the years weren't enough or rather weren't able to make the feelings for each other fade any more than sink away from the surface."

Jungkook stares at her, so does ________. It's not like she isn't smart, Gahyun, far from it, but she is usually so timid and rather a watcher that they never get to hear her thoughts. But she is a creative writing artist. They should know. Jimin's proud smile showed it all.

"Ya, you really need to let me read your work. I've been holding myself back because you didn't want me to but after this…" ________ turns her head left to right.

"No!" Gahyun immediately waves her hand, troubled. "It's only because your love story is so magical that I was able to say all of this. Don't get the wrong idea."

"You wouldn't call it magical if you knew the details." She jokes but Gahyun smiles shyly and turns back to Jimin. ________ on the other hand peers at Jungkook. "You always do that."

"What?"

"Let out all kind of facts so that I have to explain it."

That's correct. "Because I want to hear you tell our story. You always look so beautiful."

"Not because you want to hear what you forgot?" She retorts dryly.

"No, of course not, I have wonderful functioning memory."

She crosses her arms cutely. "Oh, really, so when did we become a couple?" That one is easy. He cites the date like it was his own birthday.
"Hm…" she regards him skeptically. "Then how about in high school?"

That one is even easier. Lucky him for planning ahead. "Today."

"Oh," her posture softens with surprise. "How do you know? We never talked about this."

He puts his hand behind her neck and smiles lovingly. "Because I'm the best."

First, she looks at him amused but then smiles full-fledged. "If you say so, Oppa."

"You two are also very romantic." Now Jungkook has to look at his brother in surprise. Are they chiming in to tease them because they know?

"How would you know?" She asks with a doubtful expression. Her and his brother have become really close. It's not easy to explain it but Junghyun is almost like a second Joon for her. It also helped that her brother was close to him. They got along really well.

"I see it and Jungkookie tells me a lot." That immediately makes Jungkook get a glare. "But mostly I see a lot."

"What do you guys do that's so romantic?" Gahyun asks. Sometimes he wonders if that's how she gets inspiration.

"Nothing, really." She looks at Jungkook with a frown. "Right? We don't do these things anymore."

"Right. But remember how you used to write small messages on the mirror before leaving work for me to see?" It had been a funny thing to see while he was still half asleep but then his heart had warmed and tightened at her sweet gesture.

"Ah, right. I used to do that."

"Really?" Gahyun asks astounded. She is so innocent. "That's so cute."

"It was really lovable. But she stopped after a few months." Jungkook puts his fist to his jaw as he peers at her. "Why?"

"Why did I stop?" She asks back and he nods. "You know! I didn't want to waste lipstick and then you would also use the same lipstick to respond back. It's not like I have an endless supply of lipsticks."

"You used lipstick?" Gahyun actually then proceeds to cover and squeal, squeezing Jimin's arm.

"You read too many romance books," Jimin notes with affectionate amusement. "________, you must have read a lot, too."

"Hm… not really. I just have an eye for these things."

"You should give me some tips." Junghyun is joking because as much as Jungkook knows his marital relationship was going really well. His wife was just out of town for the week.

She turns to look at Jungkook. "What did you used to do? Or what did I used to do? I can't remember."

"You used to write notes and hide it somewhere where people couldn't see." Jungkook reminds her softly.

"I did?" She says slowly. "I put them in your phone case, didn't I?"

He nods and reaches out to put her hair behind one ear. For a while, after they began their life together, they had been apart for most of the weeks with him touring and with her going on business trips. Sometimes all they would see of each other was when they were sleeping. One would wake up earlier than the other and would have to leave the home earlier.

She used to put sticky notes to remind him of things which she knew he would forget about while he was abroad. Other sweet notes she would put in his wallet or phone case for him to find.
The first one was a simple but meaningful 'I love you' but he hadn't discovered it until weeks later. When he had asked her why she never mentioned it her response had been cute, saying, 'I wanted to see if you would ever find it'.

Through her notes, he became more self-sufficient and independent. Even though he still has his managers and staff at least now he won't be a complete mess if he was alone.

"Mhm…" She makes a sound of realization. "I realize, I'm more romantic than you are."

He has to smile at that because she didn't know how he was about to do the most romantic thing he's ever done yet. "Want to go out
to a walk on the beach, just the two of us?"

She leans close to whisper. ''How? I don't want to exclude anyone.''

Jungkook had it all planned out. ''Guys, Bobo needs to do number one, we'll be right back.'' He had discussed this with the guys already so they had very knowing smiles on their faces and if they didn't cut it out soon, she would catch up on it for sure.

''Bobo, let's go.'' She calls softly to awaken the pup from his relaxed state under her chair and grabs the leash while he
gets her cardigan in case it's too chilly and windy out.

Jungkook feels giddy all of a sudden. It's time.

— — — — —

"Wouldn't it be great to wake up to the waves crashing against rocks?" Jungkook has always loved the sound of the waves. "We can get a house here."

I look at him. "There are no houses here and I don't think living here is that great."

"It's too lively." He knows I prefer the quieter environment for a home. "Jejudo then."

"It's so disconnected though." At least compared to Seoul where everything was so readily available. Maybe when we're older and have to settle down. "I like our home now."

"It's a pretty home thanks to you." I had indeed had a lot of fun decorating it with the things from our respective lives. "And just like that four years passed."

Talking about years. A random thought suddenly crosses my mind. "Remember when you tried to kiss me the first time?"

"And how you said how I hadn't asked you out yet." Jungkook finishes making me laugh from remembering the awkwardness of being a teenager. "Of course, I remember."

"Funny thinking back, we were really young, I should have just said yes." I peer up at the moon and sigh contented. "But the path we took led us to today so I'm happy."

"You're happy?" Jungkook asks rhetorically. "I'm happy, too."

We watch as Bobo runs around the empty beach and rolls around on the sand kicking it everywhere. "He's going to bring Busan sand back home."

"Good, it will be just like having our own beach in our home." Jungkook jokes. "Bobo would love living here."

''He wouldn't be able to wait to go hiking with you.'' They've hiked every single day since coming here and every time they came back Bobo would look happily spent.

''He's really good with listening even when he's far away now.'' He starts swinging their hands back and forth.

"That's why I keep saying how you're going to be a great father, you taught him way better than I was able to." Jungkook is very caring and even though he is a big joker and entertainer he sees things and grasps things that you don't think he would. He has an eye for detail. The same goes for his affinity in reading the situation and acting accordingly. He is also fair and never acts out of spitefulness. His patience and tolerance are endless. He'll be a great dad.

"Thank you."

I turn and smile at him, taking in his expression that tells me that this meant a lot to him. I know that sometimes he thinks he is not a good boyfriend. But he is the best that he can be. And he is the best for me. "You're welcome."
Jungkook turns to look over his shoulder. ''You think reporters would follow us till here?''

''I hope to god not,'' he replies dully. ''They've been getting on my nerves lately.''

''As long as they don't make up stories again.'' The most recent one was news of us having been married for a while now.

Jungkook must have read it too because he rounds up on me with big eyes. ''You saw that too?''

"Yeah." I tap my chin. "I think I was at the airport and really tired so when I read the news I was so thrown off, I actually doubted myself if I had forgotten that you proposed or something. Don't laugh." I say when I see his shoulders shaking. "You know I've been forgetting things lately."

His laugh breaches out, he holds his stomach. "But to forgot about this? I can't believe you."

"I was tired, OK. It feels like we are married anyway. Stop laughing!" I punch his arm when he doesn't quit. ''You know my memory has gotten worse.''

"It's so funny, oh my god." Jungkook actually gets tears from laughing and dabs them away. ''Do you remember what I promised to show you then?''

I look at him, my expression pursing when I do luckily remember. "Cherry blossoms?" I ask excitedly. We hadn't gotten a chance to see them yet.

"Yes." Jungkook points ahead to the dimly lit area at the end of the beach where there was a small bistro restaurant.

"Oh, let's go, let's go." I take his hand and pull him over. "Do you think I should put on my shoes?" I took them off again to walk on the sand.

"Hm, yeah, or I could carry you." Jungkook offers, giving me an arm for stability. "Are they comfortable?"

"Shouldn't you know?" He got them for me on Christmas because he said that I always wear heels and he heard that Jimmy Choo ones are soft and comfortable.

"Yeah, but I never wore them before." Jungkook mumbles. She tells him that they are very much so.

''Once I get back home, I need to start sorting out everything.'' It's been a mess with flying around and packing up stuff. ''We definitely need more space for our future home.''

Jungkook's hand tightens as we walk towards the cherry blossom trees. "I've been looking at houses." 

"Already?" My eyes bulge. "We're just three people, though."

"I'm just looking. If it's bigger we get to have more options for everything." He rubs his nose with his finger. "Your dad can have his own room."

I nod and feel his fingers fiddling again. Ok, he's either excited or nervous gauging by his slightly distracted expression. "A garden would be nice for Bobo."

"That's what I thought too." I feel his eyes on me so I peer at him. "It's always good to have options for the future."

"Right." Getting something big so we can have many small things. "But no need to hurry. You just got a new car. There is plenty of time to think of that."

His bottom lip juts out which usually means he is thinking deeply. And I let him, something must be on his mind, I just hope it's not pestering him too much.

We follow the path leading to a small wooden platform and I stare from star to star enjoying the breeze that the wind and waves were creating. The clear air will be missed dearly once we return to Seoul.
All the while, Jungkook continued to fiddle and was using his finger to push around our couple ring on my middle finger.
What has got him so caught up? It's worrying me a bit. Did something happen?

"Jungkook-ah," it takes a second longer than normal for him to focus. "Is everything Ok?"

"Hm?" He looks down at the ground and then laughs nervously. "Yeah, I was just thinking…"

I embrace my other hand around his. "What were you thinking about?"

"Us." He says faintly but then quickly glances at me as if he didn't mean to say that. "I mean, you read the articles?"

I'm slightly surprised that he was bringing it back up. "Yeah, sometimes I do." At first, we used to read articles together but after a year or so we stopped bringing the tabloids home. But sometimes I run across some while browsing the web and curiosity gets the best of me.

"Isn't it weird that they are speculating that we're married already?"

"Not really. It's not surprising. They know we've been together for so many years it's only natural to draw that conclusion." I explain honestly. "It's not weird at all and as I said earlier it feels like it already anyway."

Jungkooks bottom lip is out again before his head spins towards me in shock. ''You did?''

''Eoh.'' I smile. Why is he being so endearing right now? ''You didn't hear?''

Jungkook shakes his head with a shy smile but I could see that a thousand thoughts were running through his head in the same moment.

"What has got you so pensive?" I say softly, encouraging him to confide in me whatever it is.

Jungkook stops, looks at me intently, takes a deep breath and then opens his mouth. "I love you, ________."

I smile. "I love you, too."

Instead of telling me what has been worrying him, he raises his other hand to gesture at something. Following his arm curiously, I only notice now, that we had stopped in front of two cherry blossom trees and were facing the clear night sky with nothing blocking it.

I gasp in a breath of awe and walk closer. "So beautiful."

"It is, isn't it?" I look over my shoulder at Jungkook who had put his hands into his pockets. He isn't acting like usual. What's up?

"When did you find this place?"

"The first day, I passed this place by chance."

I continue to be in awe and stop right in front of the cherry blossoms. I stare at the flowers and frown when I see something strange. "What's that?" I try to wrap my head around the objects dangling down from the branches. "Are those… stars?"

"Yeah."

"Wow, really?" Hundreds of stars were hanging on strings down the tree branches and the moonlight was reflecting off of them magically. "Who put them there? It must have taken a long time."

Jungkook moves next to me. "I think so too."

"I want to take one home, they look so pretty." I look around to see if there was a sign up to give instructions on this event. I didn't just want to take something that is not supposed to be taken.

He scratches the back of his head. "Actually, one of them is mine."

"Yours? You hung one up without me?" Do couples hang them here like the locks at the Namsan Tower? "Where? Which one?"

"You have to find it, of course." He smiles but I can tell he is still thinking of whatever was bothering him. "It's one of a kind. Shouldn't be hard to find."

"You say that so easily." I walk to the first tree and look up. "It's so dark too."

"I have faith in you."

I give him a look. "Thank you."

And guess what. He really doesn't join to help me, even after minutes of me pouting upwards trying to find one that doesn't resemble the rest. When I look back, Jungkook was crouching down to Bobo's level who was obediently staying away from the tree which he would most likely pee on.

"Are you sure someone didn't take it?"

"What?" He sounds horrified at that possibility. He stands up. "That would be devastating."

I giggle because it sounds like he meant it. "They all look the same though, Oppa."

Jungkook tilts his head which is his usual response whenever I'm trying to charm him. "You're close. Keep looking."

I sigh and glare up at the stars trying to find the one he's talking about. Come to think of it, since he hung it especially for me to find, Jungkook wouldn't hang it where I couldn't reach it. I walk over to the main part of the tree and squint my eyes in concentration. I make a sound of excitement when my eyes land on something that looks different from the rest. A little shinier and smaller than the rest.

"Oppa, I think I foun—" I stop and feel my heart doing exactly the same when I take in the object hanging there some more.
Not shaped like the other, it had a stem and a circle of diamonds that reflected the light a thousand times more than the plastic stars ever could.

I blink and turn around to find that Jungkook was already standing behind me. "It's a ring," I say almost inaudibly, feeling like I have entered another realm.

Jungkook nods with a faint smile. Reaching around, he loosens the ring and tears immediately spring to my eyes when he faces me with his loving smile.

"Do you remember?" He begins. "When we first met in classroom, officially?" I nod. How could I forget? 
"It's been so many years. We've gone through so much, matured so much, found ourselves along the way but my feeling towards you never changed.
"Even after we broke up, I never had any bad thoughts of you. I even missed you. The time you gave me was always warm, it's always filled with comfort and companionship. And it still feels the same."

I swallow the forming lump and try to hold back the tears from rolling down. He's told me these things countless times before but each time I still get emotional.

"The moment I knew I wanted to make you my wife one day was when you so openly offered to take care of my mom when she was ill. You didn't ask questions, didn't ask for anything in return you just genuinely wanted to help when I couldn't do it myself knowing how much family means to me."

His eyes, if I could describe them were two dark pools of love. That's all I can see in them and a promise. A new promise for our future.

"You're the warmest person I know. You teach me to be more patient with people, to be more compassionate, to be someone who people can learn from.
"I've said all of these things before, and I don't really have any groundbreaking things to add because all these years nothing has changed. You are still the one I want to start a family with, you're still the one I want to have a future with, ________."

I sob at that. Something that was so far away in my childhood, is now so close with Jungkook standing right in front of me.

"Do you remember?" Jungkook suddenly asks with a tentative smile, knowing that I'm about to burst into tears. "When I promised you that I would one day put a star into your fingers with my own hands?"

I nod and the tears fall as I understand all the stars hanging around us. The symbolism. I cry.
I cry even more and cover my mouth when Jungkook goes down on one knee, looking up at me with so much trust and comfort and maybe even a few tears of his own.

"It took me a few years to fulfill that promise but today is the day.'' When Bobo walks over slowly and sits down next to Jungkook, he stops and looks at the furry dog. ''Hey, this is my moment.''

I crack a giggle and dab away the tears, smiling at my two beautiful boys.

Jungkook's eyes sparkle as brightly as the stars as he focuses back on me. ''________, will you accept my star? Will you marry me?"

No hesitation. No doubt. I instantly nod. "Yes. Yes, I will marry you."

Lips pulling back in a bright smile, Jungkook takes my hand and slips the ring onto the engagement finger. It's heavy and feels sturdy, I plan to look at it more closely but first I lock my arms behind his neck and kiss him deeply as I pull him up to me.
Jungkook wraps his arms around my lower back and lifts me up and actually spins us around. I pull back from the kiss but embrace him thoroughly enjoying his joyful sound and bask in our happiness and fortune.

I take a deep, contented breath as he places me back on my feet but keeps us locked in an embrace. I shift my hand to look at the ring and gasp. "It really looks like a star." Angling it different ways, I admire the big diamond that was surrounded by tiny ones to create the shape of an elegant star. "It's so beautiful."

"Perfect for you." He says these things so much, but every single time I can hear he means them wholeheartedly.

I choke up again. "Thank you, Jungkook."

Hearing my change of voice, Jungkook pulls back, cradling my face. "Hey, don't cry."

"I'm just so happy." I gaze into his teary eyes and feel even more overwhelmed.

"Me, too." Jungkook places a loving kiss to my forehead and hugs me tightly. His hugs are honestly the best. His body heat makes for the best feeling. And his love makes for the best healing.

During our hug, I spot some figures not very far away mingling around. It takes a second for me to realize they were looking at us and even holding a camera. Thinking it to be reporters I was about to tell Jungkook but he already noticed by my change in posture and pulls back to look.

He surprises me by shouting. ''I succeeded!''

I look at him and then back at the figures who are now cheering and running towards us. They're not reporters but our friends.

In no time, they are surrounding us with their arms and hugs and we end up turning and jumping around in a big circle. Laughing and congratulations are shared.

I look at Jungkook amidst all of this and can see the same amount of happiness as I was feeling.

''My two best friends are getting married! Finally!'' Joon cheers loudly and it made me feel so thankful to always have had him in my life, I get even more emotional. He was always genuinely happy for us.

''Mr. and Mrs. Jeon!'' Someone starts cheering and within seconds the whole group was chanting along.''Mr. and Mrs. Jeon!''

Our grins were getting so big that it was starting to hurt and even though I had been thinking of becoming Mrs. Jeon in the future, now that I'm one step closer everything was becoming clearer and clearer.

Jungkook puts his arm around my back and moves me out of that happy circle, we almost stumble out of it with laughter. Gosh, what a bunch of dorks.
We look at each other and lose it again at the hilarity
 it ended up being which I'm sure he didn't plan exactly. But it makes everything even more perfect.

''How is it, Miss Future Mrs. Jeon?'' I hear Gahyun's voice. ''How are you feeling?''

Both Jungkook and I look at Gahyun who seemed to be in charge of holding the camera while the others had been partying it off with us. Pregnant Lee was taking care of the kids, I could see her pushing the stroller our way from the distance.

How was I feeling? I was on a high with my feelings. I felt luckier than ever, lighter than ever, more euphoric than ever and I was excited about what's to come.

But all in all? ''I'm happy.''

I smile up at Jungkook who hadn't let go of me once. He leans in to place a kiss on my temple. ''I'm happy, too.''

There is no doubt that we will face more obstacles of life as we go on but with Jungkook by my side, I'm certain we're going to conquer it just like we did to get to this place. No matter how rough the path, the happiness that we have with each other will make everything worth it in the end. And one day, one day when the time is right, our happiness will expand and we will create our own little happy beings to introduce to this big, big world.

I trust in us. I have him and he has me. And we wouldn't want it any other way...



 

 


— — — Acknowledgements — — —

THAT'S A WRAP!

Oh my goodness, guys! This is it! THE END! No question mark this time :P

The epilogue is finally finished! Did it take me 2 months? Wow! Or 3?

Haha, I rewrote the ending monologue thing like 5 times hehe and I still don't know if I like it. It's so hard to find the right last words for a 3-year ongoing project like that but I hope it suffices at least a little bit and fits the tone of the story.
In general, I hope it was an enjoyable read. I really tried my best. I just really wanted to write the proposal ever since I saw this ring while browsing and then remembered the song and then BAM! I MUST ADD IT INTO THE STORY! IT'S PERFECT! And now it's finally out I'm so happy and relieved!

'For You' started off as a simple scenario of Jungkook being in school and me being a new delusional fan wanted to write about meeting him in school. There was this one particular photo of him in school that sparked all of the inspiration back then. But as I wrote and as I got to know Jungkook and BTS, the more scenarios of him and (as weird as it sounds) me came up in my head. It's a little weird, saying this now because I've become his Momma bear, like I'm super protective more than anything so I don't really feel that way anymore but at that time which was right after I discovered BTS I just had a lot of scenarios in my head, so instead of keeping them in my head, I wrote them down and connected each of them into a correlating story.
As time kept going the first intention of writing a fanfiction for myself and anyone who was falling in love with Jungkook slowly transformed into something more meaningful to me.
As I got to know him and realized that he is really as much of a sweetheart as I wrote him to be in the story, I felt a sense of responsibility to make things as accurate as possible and maybe I got ahead of myself but it became something where I just wanted people to get prepared. Because one day, any of the boys could fall in love with someone and would want to pursue that seriously and when that time comes, I hope we can all understand and welcome that warmly. This is kinda what this story has become for me. Especially in 'like a butterfly' as I posted each chapter, I felt more strongly about wanting people to understand them because they are also just humans like us. They're not perfect and they will want to feel the same thing like we all do. I'm sure not all of us will be happy once these things happen but I hope that we can at least understand and put ourselves in the situation just like I put you in '________' situation. :)

When I first started writing this in 2015 during
As I said this story has been with me for 3 years and a lot happened in these three years, in BTS' life as well as in my life, so I have become very attached to this fanfiction and am sad to see it go.
dope era, I didn't even know whether I was even going to publish this or not. I was happily writing away, day by day, many hours of the days spent basking in my new admiration for Jungkook.
By the time I started publishing 'For You' I had already finished writing it and was starting the story of 'like a butterfly'. I wanted to make sure that I had all the story before posting so I wouldn't have to put it on indefinite hold because of writer's block or anything like that.
The first draft of 'like a butterfly' was actually all finished in October 2016 and I finished posting 'For You' around that time I think.... ….... …. yeah, I know right. I had everything ready, hehe.

Those months of keeping the story to myself were actually really lonely. As a writer you create this world in your head and no one will ever really see it but I was always very excited to finally be able to share a new chapter with you, I was always so excited to hear your thoughts and hear everyone gushing over Jungkook because as I said, it's very lonely.

I'm sure I mentioned this before but the sole purpose of having them breaking up was because I wanted to be realistic and realistically speaking in that industry there would have been only a very slight chance of them surviving as a couple and also for some reason I always liked reading about reconciliations haha so in my romanticized head, I wrote that. Also, I wanted to write something deeper, something a bit more mature but with the same 'characters' and since I would never write the same storyline again (idol life) I thought that was the best way to go about it. Also, there is only so much depth you can get into in a teenager's mind and love, so writing the more mature version was really important to me.... if that makes sense.

Now, that the main part of the story is finally done after 3 years, I kinda feel relieved. I've mentioned this before, but I feel guilty for taking so long. I know it doesn't feel good to have to wait but my life just kept having ups and downs and just like this month, after my birthday I meant to post this so many times but things happened here and there, and I never felt right to do it.
And with me, I have to be in the right mindset to post because if I'm not I will only half- it and not make it worthy of Jungkook. I feel a huge responsibility to make it right and therefore actually used to put a lot of pressure on myself. I took everything way too serious. There was even a time when I was scared to read the comments after one uncomfortable one. It took me weeks to bounce back but everyone was so supportive.

The only thing I'm very regretful about is how through my long spans of breaks that I've lost contact with a lot of readers who have been there from the very beginning and would chat with me, especially on tumblr which is where my roots are. I'm forever grateful to everyone who encouraged me and sent me such nice and warm messages giving me the strength to keep going.

I really don't want to end this TT it's like letting go of a child. I really can't let go, that's probably why I still wrote bonuses and have many ideas for bonuses and it's easy because as long as Jungkook is in BTS, this story will able to live on hehe...

Ah, I remember a year ago, I had planned to write so much in this last author note but now that I've matured a bit more and become a different kind of fan, I suddenly feel at peace and having nothing tell you anymore. I can't remember what I wanted to tell you, so I'm just sitting here trying to think but I don't know ;;; I seriously should have written it down back then, actually I'm sure I did but I can't find the file xD I'm such a mess.
This was me writing the story too, like late at night when I would get really tired, my last thought would be a good scene but then the next day obviously I wouldn't be able to recall... sigh... can you believe I wrote this entire story without ever writing down a single note?

Man, my passion and love for Jungkook... if only I could have mustered half as much of that effort into school.... …. …. you know....

I've already written so much in this author's note and I feel like I should tell you more about the process but it feels different now, people aren't as invested as they used to be especially since I changed the platform but yeah... …. did anyone even read till here?

Guys. Thank you so much for being with me on this journey, no matter if you're an oldie and a newie xD thank you! I hope you were able to get something out of this story because without trying I think I put a lot of my heart and my own hopes into the story.

As for Jungkook, this is really all I want for him. I hope he is happy, I hope he continues to be happy and will find someone that will make him happy.

This was quite a healing story for me. I don't know why I had to write about the dark parts but it's probably because I've had my own share of them and doesn't it feel good to have someone win at the end that hasn't had it easy?

I didn't believe it for myself at first, even if it might take some time and you won't feel it, you won't see it coming but you will win in the end. You're going to make it!

(why do I always have to make everything so philosophical?.... is anyone even still reading?)

Ok, let me end this real quick, someone take the keyboard from me!

Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! These years have meant a lot to me and helped me grow, this was also a part of the journey of becoming me and believing in myself more because hey! English isn't my first, nor is it my second language ^^ I guess I can say I'm proud of myself, thank you for being a part of that!

As I said, I have some bonuses but I don't want to get your hopes up. I don't know when or even if I'm going to post them, all I know is that for now I'm happy this is over, sad but happy. I'm closing off a bittersweet chapter. But if I ever feel reminiscent and drop by and actually drop something... you'll know hehe

I feel like talking here, neverending but part of growing up is learning how to say bye and let go so... me being my sentimental self: bye 'For You' and bye 'like a butterfly'... for now, heuheu

As always if you wanna see what I'm up to I'm most active on Twitter especially with the comeback and BBMAs coming up (starts screaming because there is so much to fangirl about and I held myself back because this time it's not about that but omgmgmgmgm full album, new songs, new choreo, comeback stage at the bbmas omg and EUPHORIA and jungkook's vlive and omg did you see his forehead and omg he produced a song and OH MY GOD he sang 'Only Then' right after I commented askdjalskjdasld)

:D

well, until then, bye bye!

much love and appreciation, Kamy~ (wow I wrote a lot)