Passion

like a butterfly~

"'Ssam."

"Yes?" I look up from the papers to one of my students. Even though only one had spoken up, they're all focused on the same thing instead of their mini break. Me.

"Eonni," Sohyun calls me this time. "You look pretty today."

"Huh?" Puzzled but still flattered by her sudden compliment, I stand up from my seat at the office desk and walk over to them."Thank you, Sohyun-ah."

I squad down in font of their lower long table and see that they are pretty much finished with their lunchboxes. "Why are you all looking at me?"

"'Ssam is very pretty today, that's why." Chanwoo, one of my boy students joins in with a grin.

"Aigoo," I pat his head. "You're just a child, concentrate on your studies instead of pretty girls."

He snickers. "'Ssam, you are very cute."

My brows draw together, amused. "What's going on here?"

"We are delivering messages." Sohyun fills me in, her eyes wandering off.

"From whom?"

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"What do you know about boy- and girlfriends?" As much as it took a lot of energy to watch over children it was also entertaining and amusing the way they come up with random questions. "Stop thinking about that, alright? Since you seem to be done with lunch, can I assume that you are ready for class?"

I hear a round of collective sighs but I resume class that is in preparation for their musical and walk over to the door to close it when someone catches my wrist.
I jump startled and come face to face with Jungkook. "God, you scared me."

"Sorry, I didn't want to just barge in." He smiles. "How much longer is it?"

"About 30 minutes. Have you been—" I glance around the doorframe and spot the paper and pen on the bench. "Ah, I see you're being a bad influence on the kids."

"How is teaching the kids to compliment their teacher being a bad influence?" His hand shifts so he's holding my hand. "And it's definitely not a lie.''

I glare at his sly expression. "Don't teach my students how to flirt, they will learn that soon enough."

"That's what you call flirting?" I push him when he raises his eyebrows once.

"Stop it." I say but smile anyway. "Do you want to wait here or?"

"I want to meet your kids." Tilting his head to the side, I know exactly what he is trying to do. "Can I?"

"Yes, please!" Again, I'm startled by my students pleas who had seemingly listened in on our conversation. "We want to meet him."

"Did you tell them to do that?" I look at him accusingly. Jungkook only smiles and nudges me in but I whine a little. Jungkook's eyebrows lift at my uncharacteristic behavior. I sigh and turn.

"Everyone, stand up." I wait till Jungkook is standing next to me in front of the class. "Upon your request we have a very talented artist as a guest for today. You might have seen him on posters and even on TV, but what is really inspiring to you little ones especially is that he is currently doing a musical at the theater, here. Please, welcome, Jeon Jungkook-Seonsaeng."

Mannerly, the kids bow and greet Jungkook with exciting smiles. "Hello, kids. Nice to meet you, I'm Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook glances at me not knowing what to do and I shrug. He wanted to come in not me. "Do you have any questions?"

"Jeon-Seonsaeng," Chanwoo raises his arm and after Jungkook nods, he continues. "How long have you known 'Ssam?"

"Me? Hm, it's been 7 years now." Wow, he was really talking it back to the very first day he saw me.

"Wuah, that's even longer than my parents knew each other before they got married." Chanwoo reveals more to himself than us. "Are you married?"

I had expected this question as kids usually ask these so I'm not taken aback. I motion for them to sit down and walk around them to get Jungkook a chair and put it next to mine already there.

"Do we look like we are?" Jungkook smiles at me briefly and sits down after me.

"Eonni has a ring."

"Yeah, right? She is wearing a ring but—" He leans forward as if telling a secret. "It's not mine."

"Does that mean you are not her boyfriend?" Is that all Chanwoo cared about?

"Kids, I only invited Jungkook-Seonsaeng because I thought you had some questions to ask him about music, if not, I'll have to ask him to leave."

"'Ssam!" Their whining and protesting doesn't really affect me.

I glance at Jungkook, telling him to fix the situation.

He scratches his head. "Kids, I think we're about to upset your teacher and that's not good. Let's apologize."

I watch as they hang onto every single word he says and follow him as he, too, pushes to his feet and bows fully towards me. "We apologize, Seonsaeng-nim."

Ok, wow, that makes me feel terrible.

"We are sorry, 'Ssam."

I puff out a breath of air, feeling like such a meanie. "Alright, alright, he can stay, but we still have to continue class. Since I can't play the piano today, shall we ask Jungkook-Seonsaeng to help us?"

"Yes!" They're so adorable.

''I can't play the piano that well.'' He looks at me scared, one hand up.

I touch arm. ''No, no, we're skipping the piano part today and will move to something else first.''

"What topic is it?" Jungkook turns to me and for the first time I take in his clothes and make note to tell him just how handsome he looked later.

"Harmony."

"Ah, your specialty." He smiles boyishly.

~ ~ ~

After classes are over, the kids admittedly being more fun with Jungkook being there, I rearrange the chairs and move towards the long table pulling on it but I wince feeling pain.

Hearing that Jungkook looks up from the piano. He had been playing a few keys."What's wrong?"

I had tried to not show it before and sitting made it better. "No, it's just... Earlier someone bumped into me with a cart."

"Again?" His lower lip jut out, displeased. "Why do you always get hurt? Is it very bad?"

I put my hand to my lower back and prod the wound. "It hurts, I wanted to look at it earlier but Sohyun arrived earlier than planned."

"Do you mind if I take a look?" He was still pouting, joined by a deep frown.

I nod and pull the back of my blouse out of my jeans and lift it a little bit. "Is it very bruised?"

"Mhm... it's not just a bruise. It looks a little red."

I hiss in pain when he touches the wound. "Ah, ya."

"Sorry." He grabs the hem and lowers my blouse. "Does it hurt a lot?

"No, I just have to be more careful." I smooth my finger between his brow. "Don't worry."

Grabbing my hand into his, Jungkook pulls it over his shoulder, stepping into my arms. "I'm a little upset."

"Hm?"

"I couldn't see you yesterday." He wasn't much taller today due to my boots but he was regarding me in an arrogant way, his eyes half closed.

"You are seeing me now." I place my other arm around him and smile sweetly.

"Mhm," Jungkook purses his lips. "I'm still upset."

"What?" I gape at him. "Why?"

The hand he had moved behind my shoulder, skids across my hair. "Everyone was able to see your beautiful hair before me."
Blinking once, I cannot believe how smooth he has become.
"It looks really good." As mentioned, he was seeing my bleached hair for the first time. I had seen myself in it so many times that I had forgotten the change. While Lee had stayed with me the two days, I had let her do whatever she wanted with my hair. Of course, she had gone to the extreme.

"Really?" Lee had put in some temporary lavender color. "It doesn't look funny to you?"

"No, you look beautiful as always." As much as it is cheesy, my lips can't help but lift. "You look like an ice princess."

"Ah," focusing back on him, I smile. "Are you my prince then? Or rather my dark knight?"

"Dark knight?" He asks amused.

"You're wearing all black," I'd never seen him in a turtleneck before and his black winter outfit made him look very mysterious as well as charming. "Very handsome. Did you see the way the mothers looked at you earlier? You're catching people's attention everywhere you go."

"But I only want to catch your attention." He's pouting a lot today, and it's really cute.

"I'm already in your arms, you succeeded. You know, it's not easy to catch my attention." I laugh. "Lee has been worried about that."

"I could tell, men look at you everywhere you go but you just..." Jungkook shrugs.

I giggle at his expression and pat his shoulder pulling back. "It's probably because I'm not interested."

"Not one bit?" I give him a look. "I mean before me."

"No, because mostly the people here are actually co workers and as I had just started out a few months ago, I wanted to keep everything professional. I don't like the idea of making a mess at the work place." Getting ready to leave, I take my jacket from the hanger.

"Ah, lucky me then." I slip one arm into my jacket and Jungkook helps me with the other. Again, I wince. ''You still have my jacket.''

I turn to see him looking at the jacket he gave me as a 'birthday present'. ''Did you think I would throw it away.''

''No, it's just...'' He touches the back of his head. ''I don't know.''
I giggle at him. "Can you leave now?"

"Yeah, I'll work from home or if you need to be somewhere..."

"I had planned to go into the studio."

"Recording?" Jungkook nods. "I've always wanted to see professionals during recording. Can I watch?"

"You don't want to go home and rest?" Reaching for the ends of my jacket, he zips it up for me up to my chin with a mischievous smile. "Want to stay with me?"

"Eoh." Just as he leans in with intent, I flip the collar, covering my lower face. "Let's go."

"Ya, you're really mean." His pout makes me smile.

"I'm a little sick." I wiggle my nose, feeling a sneeze working its way up.

"________, don't get sick~ don't get sick~" Jungkook had gone down on one knee, his expression crying, clutching his chest. "Let's be happy~"

"Alright, let's be happy, aish." I pull him up by the arm. "You seem hyper today."

"It's because I can see you today. I hope Joon never messes up again."

"Why? So, Lee won't stay over?" His smile confirms just that. "I don't want to see you everyday. I already told you. Also, we should we thankful for Joon he is always the one that brings us together."

''Oh, you're right. Wasn't it like that last time too?'' We walk towards the door. ''Didn't he introduce us?''

''I think so... what did he do again?'' I lock my classroom and turn to him.

''Don't you remember?'' He asks sounding offended. ''It was during dancing class.''

''Ah,'' I smile cutely and take his arm to start walking. ''Of course, I remember.''

''I don't think you do.'' He is pouting again and then he sighs dramatically.

Smiling at his act, I slip my fingers through his and he tightens the hold immediately.
"Have you had foo—" I cut off when I feel something hard pressing into my finger. I lift his hand closer to my face and spot the ring. "Oh, I think it's the first time I've seen you wear rings."

"I often times wear them on stage."

"Oh, it's from ARMY?" It had taken me a few times to read the name. "That's... sweet."

"Hm, we all got one for our 5th anniversary." Now it was him caressing my fingers, no ring there. "ARMYs all around the world joined and wrote us messages."

"That's really touching." Will my love ever compare? His fans are out of this world.

"Hm..." Stopping in front of the elevator but Jungkook pulls me away to the stairs. "________-ah."

"Yes?" From afar I can already see someone I somehow wanted to avoid but I focus on Jungkook.

He looks up from the steps and gives me the most affection look ever. He isn't even smiling, it's his eyes that convey it all. "What band color do you prefer?"
What? I almost stagger on the steps, but Jungkook catches me.
"Be careful." Why am I always so clumsy around him?

"What did you ask?"

Jungkook has one arm around my shoulder and the other holding my arm now. "I asked what color of band you prefer. Gold, silver, amber..."

"Amber-Eonni?" He smiles at my dorky grin as we ascend the stairs. "Why do you ask? Whats with the ring talk today? You're only asking this because I told you about the dream."

"So, I was right?" For some reason Jungkook raises his fists in victory. I hit his stomach with the back of my hand. "We can talk about that, if you prefer?"

''I don't remember much of it...'' I frown.

''As long as you remember it was me by your side.'' I peer at him to see the happiest grin on his face. So endearing. ''Now, please, answer?''

"Mhm..." I hold up the hand with my mother's ring so I can see better. "I guess silver. It's simple, yet elegant and pure."

"Just like you." I snort and give him a doubtful look to which he returns with an eyebrow wink. "That's what I believe."

"I'm clumsy." My eyes wander the ground floor but I don't see that someone anymore. "Now, please do me a favor, Jungkook-ah?"

"Hm?" The way he his head ever so slightly to the side with his doe eyes makes my heart flip.

I step towards him and wrap my arms around his waist under his open coat. "Please hide me? I saw Minhyukie, earlier."

"Minhyukie?" His arms engulf me making me smile but I hide it by pressing my face into his shoulder but then I see the make-up mark I left behind and wipe at it. "Don't worry about it."

Hearing his voice so close makes me tingle. "But it's black, I will ruin it and you look so handsome in it."

"While I like you complimenting me and hugging me you're making it really hard for me to walk without falling." True, I was walking backwards and our rhythm is way off. "I don't see him by the way."

"He never tells me when he visits." Trying to be sneaky about it I talk slow but take deep sniffs, the scent awakening my senses but then I blurt it out anyway. "I like it."

"You're just like Hobi-Hyung," seems like Jungkook had caught on. "He always teases me about putting on fragrance... Or at least he used to."

"I like it." Shameless me keeps breathing in and out. "It's relaxing."

His chuckle vibrates off of his chest and right into mine. "People are staring."

"Oh, ok." That's the one thing that can make me pull away but Jungkook securely keeps his arms around me.

"Oh, now you want to let go?"

When I look up I could only look into his eyes. "Please?"

A few seconds of him unnervingly peering at me his hands move to my head instead. His mouth opens but another voice interrupts the moment. "________-ie."

His arms drop as we turn around. "Oh, Ahjumma." Jungkook bows immediately seeing his senior. "Ah, Oppa this is Minhyuk's mother."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jeon Jungkook."

"Yes, nice to meet you." An awkward silence settles instantly.

"Where you looking for me?" Minhyuk still hadn't said a thing and somehow I felt bad.

"Yes, I wasn't sure if it was you since your hair... But then my mom said it's you, so..."

Having this conversation as four was really uncomfortable. I hope that it doesn't show.
"________," I glance at Jungkook. "I'll go get the car."

"Ah, ok." Nodding with a smile I watch him bow one last time before he leaves. His backside is really nice to look at, too. Very nice.

"________,ah." Oh, right, I'm not alone. "Is that who I think it is?"

"Who do you think it is?" She already got the name so...

"Wuah, daebak." She sounds surprised, was slightly agape and her eyes were wide. "Wuah, really."

I smile but don't comment on it any more. I have learned to not always feel like having to explain or justify myself. "Minhyuk-ah, you didn't tell me you were coming back."

"I wanted to surprise you." The look on his face was grave, I sigh. I had hoped that his feeling had dissipated. Guess not.

"How long will you be staying?"

"Just a few days..."

"Hmm."

Suddenly, I hear a low ooph. "Why, Eomma?"

"Stop sulking, you're making me feel pity for you." Ahjumma had hit his back. I crack a smile. "You should have worked harder then."

Minhyuk rubs the back of his neck and peeks at me shyly. As much as he had tried, as much as he had wanted to, now that he knows that it's still Jungkook and had been Jungkook in the past, he'll understand why he never had a chance.

As much as I felt apologetic towards my friend, I also felt relief at him finally knowing. Like that his feelings can come to a clean end.

Like everyone deserves.

* * * * * *

Jungkook looks at her through the recording box and sees her endearingly bouncing her head to the melody. Even though her lips were moving, he doesn't think that she was actually singing because Yoongi was right in front of her.

"Jungkook-ah," Yoongi speaks through the intercom. "Let's do the pre chorus again, your pronunciation needs to be a little bit softer."

"Got it."

Her eyes land on him, a smile instantly replaces the frown she had when she was focused on her phone. She often purses her lips too when she is concentrating.
Then she lifts both her hands and curves them to form a heart, her eyes sparkling with mischief.
She would normally not be like that which tells him that she is doing it on purpose knowing what it will do to him.

"I saw that." Yoongi said dryly.

"I'm sorry." She can't see it but Yoongi was smiling softly. "Continue."
She busies herself with her phone again and doesn't look at him until he is done with the main part of the recording.

With Yoongi busy arranging the song, Jungkook plops down next to her on the couch, leaning into her heavily, avoiding the are where she got bumped into.
But she doesn't give a reaction, even when he pushes until she is almost lying sideways. "What the?"

"I don't want to get scolded." She whispers, her eyes glued on Yoongi. "Yoongi-Oppa is scary."

Jungkook uses an arm to brace his weight. "ARMYs have said that Yoongi-Hyung is cute."

"Well, I'm not a fan so I don't feel the cuteness."

Jungkook curls the arm around her pulling her along as he sits back up. "Yoongi-Hyung is really nice."

"I know, I never doubted that. It's just not great to have him scold you, you know." It's endearing how her eyes are still on Yoongi.

"He treats you like a younger sister, that's why."

"Then, I'll see him like an older brother." She purses her lips. "But I'm still scared."

"It's because he isn't smiling. Hyung." Jungkook doesn't wait for him to turn because he mostly won't bother. "Show your gummy smile."

Yoongi goes still and then a few seconds later, he spins in his chair then smiles showing his gums. "Happy?"

"Yes." She reciprocates his smile with her own, her eyes closing in aegyo. "Really cute."

"Now, that this is done, time to go back."

Her smile instantly vanishes. "You're not done, yet?"

''Not, yet...'' She looks exactly like Hoseok when he is sulking. ''Just a little bit longer.''

She nods but is still pouting. Glancing at him for a bit longer she then smiles reassuringly. ''I'll wait here.''

Jungkook squeezes her knee and stands up to walk back into the recording booth when he feels a slap on his bottom. He turns wide eyed and finds her stifling a laugh with her hand. ''The tables have turned, I see.''

She snickers at his expression and leans away when he reaches down to get her up. ''You did it, too!''

''Just once!'' Jungkook counters and drags her towards the booth with him.

''Yoongi-Oppa, I'm getting abducted, help me!''

Yoongi speaks through the intercom instead. ''I can't help you, I'm sorry. Jungkookie is too strong.''

''But you're the oldest here!''

''Now, it's your turn to deal with him.'' Yoongi says. ''I've been doing it for years.''

''A little guidance would be nice.'' She murmurs. Stepping in, they face each other. ''Now, what?''

''Now, you,'' he starts walking her back and he can see her gulp as she looks over his shoulder. ''Will stay here.''

The back of her thighs hit a stool that's always in the corner of the booth and she blinks. ''Why didn't you tell me to stay from the very beginning?''

''I thought that maybe you wanted to watch me from the front.'' He chucks her chin gently. ''Since I look so handsome today.''

She glares and looks at him defiantly but her next words are the opposite. ''You're right.'' Then she laughs and due to the reflecting panels it's even richer in sound and wraps around him like a warm blanket.

Jungkook chuckles and surprises her by putting a pair of headsets over her head first. ''You said you wanted to experience professionals at recording. Like this you will hear exactly what I hear.''

She nods eagerly and adjust the headset.

''Also, ________-ie?'' She perks up probably taken aback to hear Yoongi's voice in her ears now. ''Try not to sing along. I found that you sometimes sing without noticing.''

Her jaw opens as forms an 'O'. ''Oh, yes, I understand.'' So she had been singing out loud.

Jungkook puts his hand on top of her head and grins cheekily meeting her sheepish expression before turning around to continue recording.

It takes a little bit longer than he had thought, mostly because he got distracted from feeling her staring at him attentively. The funny thing is there were a few times she really accidentally sang along and it was only on the third time that Yoongi had intercepted.

She had looked so flustered and apologetic that from then on she had put her hand over and never let go until they were done. On their way to his studio, Jungkook had found it so funny he kept laughing making her whack him a few times.

Now, a few hours later with him having been glued to the monitor and her occasionally reminding him to drink and cutely pushing snacks his way, he finally finishes up and stretches his arms above his head in a deep yawn.
Spinning in his chair, he sees her nestled into the cozy sphere chair in the corner of the room. She had been reading a book all this time, her phone is now clamped under her chin with the flashlight on.

''Why didn't you tell me it's too dark?''

She glances up at his words. ''I didn't want to bring you out of your zone.''

''My zone?'' Jungkook stands up and stretches his back once more.

She puts the book down and switches off her phone's flashlight. ''I hear some people work better when it's dark around them so they're more in the zone and don't get as distracted by other things.''

Huh, he does like to keep his surroundings dark except one little lamp when he works. It helps him get into the mood.

Now, she yawns. He heard before how yawning can be contagious. ''Are you done?''

''Yeah,'' Jungkook waves for her to get up and when she does he plops down into the cushions and opens his arms wide.

''If we crush this chair, it's solely your fault not mine.'' She says dryly before carefully sitting down on his lap, putting one arm behind his neck.
It's a little cramped but still comfortable. ''We need a bigger chair in the future.''

The future. Jungkook smiles and closes his eyes hugging her closer.

''Are you sleepy?'' Maybe she could tell by the way he was cuddling her like a cushion or how he was putting his head into the crook of her neck in exhaustion but she start to pat his head soothingly, like his mother always used to when he was a child.

''Hm, a little.'' Now, that he was letting himself, he really was starting to feel it. ''What were you reading?''

''It's a book about self improvement and reflection.'' She pauses for a moment. ''Want to hear?''

Jungkook nods his head and she squirms from his hair tickling her neck. Before she begins talking she shifts their position so that she isn't sitting on him anymore but only her legs are and pulls him a little so he is leaning into her more.

Her voice always had a soothing and buttery quality to it but now she seems to make it even softer. She talks about the book just as passionately as she did in front of her mini students. She really sees a big responsibilty in nurturing and guiding the kids even if it's just a small part of their journey. Jungkook always held a big admiration towards people that aspire to educate with devotion. To say he was amazed is an understatment.

He tries really hard to listen to every word she says not wanting to fall asleep on her but a while later with him pulling himself out of dream state a few times he feels her pressing a kiss to his head. ''Sleep tight, Oppa.''

This is probably the warmest and most comfort his heart has ever felt from a girl aside from his mother.
Even half asleep, he snuggles into her more. She still feels exactly like she did four years ago.

She feels like home.



— — —

MORE WINGS CONCERT DATES HAVE BEEN REVEALED aaaaaaaah and there are two dates in hong kong aaaaaaah aaaah this is the most hopeful I've ever been that I might really be able to see bts aaaaah I don't think I ever mentioned it here but I'm from HK and from time to time I fly over to visit family and I am supposed to fly back in april anyway aaaaah.... haha as if it's that easy... HK is a very popular place for people in korea and japan to fly over that want to see the concert.... and the many fansites will try too and then ticketing is never easy and also if the ticketing is before ARMY3 ends I'm done for... bc I do not have the membership orz.... 

I've been hoping since 2015 for bts to come back to europe.. better yet my country but if the ticketing of hk happens before they reveal more dates... I'll just have to do it....I'm obviously already thinking too much guys haha... also I shouldn't get too excited already or I might get disappointed when things don't work out... sigh

anyway... happy belated valentines day from me... I did absolutely nothing lol... I actually laughed my off watching the preview show with my friend on rabb.it ...jungkook and jin omg

also last reminder bc it's the last day: please vote for bts at the shorty awards!!! <3