Chapter 9: Mystery

Idols by Day Spies by Night

Chapter 9: Mystery

“You should not have taken her out to eat Chansung; her state is worse than before. What the hell were you thinking? If you saw the boss when I found her last night you would understand.” Junho sounded frustrated and stormed out of the room. Nichkhun let out a sigh and went after Junho. 

Chansung crossed his arms and looked away from his hyungs, “She is up to something and…” Chansung’s cheeks turned pink. Chansung tried to hide his blush, but he was called out on it before he could do anything.

“You let her get to you didn’t you?” Taecyeon gave Chansung a teethe grin. “You really let her get to you? Oh my, our maknae got corrupted by the boss.”

“Yah she is really good at getting stuff out of people. She almost…never mind.” Chansung crossed his arms. “Someone called her when we were out to eat and she left the restaurant. I want to know who she was talking so I followed her. I was not able to make out what the person was saying, but it seems important by the look on her face. I remember boss saying that she would meet them at the usually place. When I questioned her about it; her personality changed.” Chansung face started to turn redder, “when I said that Junsu hyung and Khun hyung can crack her phone she well…ummm.”

“She seduced you didn’t she.” Junsu said bluntly. “Did boss move close to you and nearly kiss you telling you not to worry about it.”

“Ehhhh…how do you know that Jaeyeon does that? Did she do that to you?” Chansung said looking away from his hyungs.

“I know boss well and she is the type of person who would do that to shut someone up and no she never did that to me, but I seen her do it to others. She has her reason why she does not tell us stuff. Let her do what she wants because we will not be able to stop her.” Junsu said.

“Why are you saying all this? Do you know something we don’t know?” Wooyoung asked. “She told you something that day, didn’t she?”

“What day?” Junsu asked with a confused expression on his face.

---

“Yahhhh Junho!” Nichkhun caught his arm, and stopped Junho from doing anything stupid. He had a feeling that if he did not follow Junho something bad would happen.

“Khun hyung I am not in the mood right now. Just leave me alone. She got hurt because of us.” Junho said looking down. “This would have never have happened if we got back from Japan earlier.”

“Junho we would not be able to prevent this because Jaeyeon has been saying that she felt overworked lately. She has a fever because of lack of sleep. It could happen to anyone; it even happens to us. We are balancing our work as idols and spies while she is balancing running the agency and when she does in her free time.”

“It is rare to see Jaeyeon like this. I do not like seeing not well. She is strong and witty, but seeing her in this weak state is bothering me.” Junho sighed.

“You care about her and you rather have the fever right now than boss.” Nichkhun asked as Junho’s facial expression change. “Ahhh I know what’s up. Don’t worry Junho, everything is going to be ok. It’s not Chansung’s fault so don’t blame him. It is no one’s fault. It was bound to happen because boss does not like taken a break!”

---

Taecyeon placed a cold wet cloth on Jaeyeon’s forehead; he pushed a strain of hair out of her face. She was sweating quite a lot. Junsu and Taecyeon decided to play sick while the other members go to activities. Taecyeon wanted to take care of Jaeyeon while Junsu was going to do research on what he thought Jaeyeon was up to.

Junsu was sitting at his desk trying to figure out who attacked Jaeyeon. He started to think that Jay was behind this because boss told him he said he was always watching. Junsu pulled up the bosses office surveillance and noticed something strage. Junsu was listening to the conversation that Jaeyeon and Sora; he chuckled at her reaction.

Taecyeon placed hand on Junsu shoulder, and he jumped. Junsu looked back at Taecyeon, “What is it?”

“She is talking in her sleep? Boss is saying something about her father and her mother. Do you know anything about that? Jaeyeon never mentioned her parents and how she started to run this agency. I heard she has only been in charge for almost three years.” Taecyeon asked.

“Her father vanished when she was on a mission with her former partner who when MIA on the mission she was on. She was put in charge after her father’s disappearance.” Junsu pulled up Kang Sora’s file. “I don’t know anything about what happened to her mother.”

“Is that what she told you that day?” Taecyeon asked as he crossed his arms.

“She just told me that if she ever falls sick I am in charge.” Junsu was reading Sora’s profile.

Kang Sora

Profession: Actress

Birthdate: 1990-Feb.-18

Height: 168cm

Bio: Sora became a part of the agency in early 2010.  She was recognized for her skill of deceiving people and getting the information she wants, without people knowing. Sora is not the best fighter, but it is possible for her to improve.  She acts shy and strange at times by asking useless questions about dating someone in the agency.

There was a note from Jaeyeon: Never date anyone in the agency or you will end up getting hurt.

“What is that you are reading?” Taecyeon asked as he read the name, “Ahhh Sora the one who always blushes when she sees Junho and gives boss cold eyes when she is near him. Aigo silly girls need to get over that boss works closely with us. She is like a sister to us who enjoys making us miserable.”

“For some reason I have a bad feeling about her. I am going to tell Wooyoung to keep an eye on her. I think he should give her private lessons to learn more about her. I don’t really trust her that much. She constantly disappears when she is supposed to have training.”

---

I ran to the agency from school, “Appa!” I entered his office and noticed a handsome boy talking with my father.

“Ahh Jaeyeon you are here. Have a seat!” My father said as I walked in and sat down next to the mysterious boy. “Jaebum this is my daughter and your partner. I have a mission for both of you. It is a simple mission because I want to see how you two work together.”

“And what is the mission appa?” I said as I avoided my new partner’s eyes.

“I know your mother is going to be angry that you will me missing two days of school again, but I rather you go because you know exactly what to look for.”

“I understand, but where are we going?”

“To Jeju.” He said as a smile appeared on my face. “Jaeyeon this is not a vacation.”

“I know it’s not a vacation. I was making you think I thought it was a vacation. Did you think that appa?”

“Aigo Jaeyeon don’t do that to me.” He smiled, “You guys leave tonight.”

I walked out of my father’s office and was stopped by the boy name Jaebum. I looked at him and he smiled at me. “I am looking forward to working with you Jaaeyeon. I had no idea that the boss had a daughter who was so pretty.”

I blushed at his sweet words and smiled, “I am looking forward to it to, but don’t think I am going to go easy on you just because you called me pretty. I am as harsh as my father when it comes to missions.” I walked away from him and pulled out a mirror to see his reaction. Just as I thought, he was shocked.

My eyes started to open slowly, and I looked around the dark room. I sat up slowly and felt the wet cloth fall off of my head. The door of the room suddenly opened, and Wooyoung walked in.

“Hey boss, are you ok?” He asked as he brought the tray of food over to me. He placed it in front of me and sat down in the chair next to me. “Let us know when you feel overworked. We can help you boss.”

“You guys already have enough work to do. You are balancing idol work and working for me. It might be too much work for you guys. I work better on my own.”

“Aigo boss you need to let us in. We will not hurt you? Do you not trust us?” Wooyoung asked.  

“I trust you guys, but as your boss I will not let you get involved with work you will not understand. I’m not hungry.” I pushed the blankets and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. “I have to go.” I was about to stand up, but Wooyoung placed his hands on my shoulder.

“You need more rest.” Wooyoung said, “and you need to eat something. I do not want you to get hurt again. None of us want you to pass out again. You are being difficult.”

“I am not going to pass out and I am not difficult.” I said as I grabbed Wooyoung’s wrist and twisted it behind his back.

“Yahh Yahh Yahhh Yahhhh boss that really hurts.” Wooyoung said as he looked into my eyes. “Boss!” Wooyoung was on the ground and I had my foot on top of him when another 2PM member entered the room.

“Do not worry about me or call me difficult! I can handle myself and do not need help from anyone. I have been on my own for almost three years, but it feels longer than that because my mother died five years ago when I went on that mission to Jeju. My father was in charge of the agency, but was kidnapped when I was on a mission with my partner who went MIA nearly three years ago. I don’t even know if my father is alive. So don’t tell me what to do.”

I turned around and headed towards the window and opened it. “I’m going to go now.” I said as I jumped out of the window and ran down the streets.

---

Chansung just stood there with his eyes wide, “Boss has no one.”

“What do you mean boss has no one.” Junho asked with his arms crossed and saw Wooyoung on the ground.

Wooyoung sat up and looked at Chansung and Junho, “I think I said something that made her mad.”

“You think she would not have run off like that. You should have kept your mouth shut!” Junho said with his arms cross, “So that is why boss is so cold. I am going to ask Junsu where she went.” Junho headed into the living room. “Hyung, can you find out where boss went. She jumped out of the window after she yelled at Wooyoung.”

“I know I heard her yell, but the only problem is that I am having trouble tracking her.” Junsu said. “Her location’s all over the place.”

---

“Hyuna Hyunseung are you here?” I asked as I looked around and pulled out my phone reading the time.

Hyunseung came up behind me and hugged me from behind. “Jaeyeonnie, what took you so long?”

“Sorry Hyunseung. I wasn’t feeling well earlier did you wait long?” I said as Hyuna came out and hit Hyunseung in the back of the head. He let go of me and pouted.

“Jaeyeon unnie. You need to be more careful than ever now. Jay has put a hit on you.” Hyuna handed me a folder. “The group MBLAQ was hired by him. Jay wants them to spy on you and find out who you are close to. Once they find that out; they are going to try and kidnap you. I don’t know why, but we will find out and give you the information.”

“I will make sure I protect you.” Hyunseung said as he winked at Jaeyeon.

“Yahhhhh you’re the one she needs protection from you babo. Jaeyeon be careful and don’t shut out the 2PM boys they are a good asset to you. Make sure you make up because by the look in your eyes you yelled at them tonight. On and you also told them about your parents. I know you do that when you are upset. Don’t be mad at them forever; they really do care about you.” Hyuna pulled on Hyunseungs ear and dragged him along.

I headed to my office and went into the training area. I changed my clothing to shorts, a tank top, and sneakers. I put my ipod in my ears and started to kick the punching bag not realizing someone had enterd the training area. I turned around and nearly kicked…

Authors Note: I hope you like this chapter hehehe. I had fun writing it. Updates will be slower because school started again. I made a new poll and I hope you vote in it and it will decide the next location for a mission.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/16133