Chapter 3: The Truth

Idols by Day Spies by Night

Chapter 3: The Truth

He reached into my ear to pull out my ear bud, and dropped it onto the floor. He stepped on the ear bud, breaking it into a million pieces. I guess he did not want anyone to overhear our conversation.  

“I thought you disappeared three years ago Jay.” I said in a cold voice. “When did you return?”

“No I did not disappear! I have always been watching you Jaeyeon!” A smirked appeared on his lips as he my arm. “You have changed a lot as well Jaeyeon. You seem to boss around my former band mates pretty well. I am shocked that those childish fools listen to you. Why did you cut your long hair so short?” He ran his hands through my hair, “I prefer your long hair.”

“Short hair is easier to fight with, and since when have you joined the dark side. Did someone pay you off?” I asked him as he turned me around and forced me to look at him. He lifted my chin and made me look into his cold eyes.

“Ahh Jaeyeon what happened to your warm personality.” He asked me as I was pressed against the wall. “You should talk to oppa nicely.” He leaned closer to my lips.  

---

“Boss hey boss!” Junho called, but all he heard was someone whispering to her in a low voice. Moments later he heard a screeching sound in his ear, and he pulled out his ear bud. He looked at the other members, “I think something happened to Jaeyeon.” Junho said as he started headed towards the museum.

Junsu stopped him, “Don’t do anything stupid; she told us to stay here not matter what. There could be someone else here who is after the Silli. We all care about her, but we have to think straight and rationally. We cannot let our emotions get in the way of any mission. Jaeyeon is the boss and she can handle herself. She said to trust her and we should do as she says.”

---

“You’re not my Oppa anymore Jay.” I looked at him, “You are my enemy.”

“Are you sure about that Jaeyeonnie you are not fighting me off right now.” He leaned a bit closer until our lips were practically touching, but he adjusted his position and whispered into my ear. “Do you still have feelings for me? We did have something special, but I was just pretending to like you.” He kissed her softly on the cheek, “I was always a double agent, and you have something that I am looking for. Have you ever wondered why you appa mysteriously vanished.”

“Yahhhh!” I kicked him away and pulled something out a small knife. “What did you do to my father?”

“I don’t know Jaeyeonnie. That is what you have to find out and cute little girls should not play with sharp objects. You might get hurt.” Jay backed up, “Oh and don’t forget. I am always watching.” He ran off and I decided to follow him up the stairs. He ran through the emergency exit to get to the room causing the alarm to go off.

---

Chansung and Taecyeon were leaning against the wall off the building. They figured Jaeyeon was going to come down from the roof or something because when they had training session she always talked about escaping other spies from the roof.  Wooyoung, Junho, and Junsu ran over to them moments later.

“I told you something was wrong Hyung.” Junho said in an annoyed voice “You should have let me do what I wanted. I had this uneasy feeling and should have acted on it. As soon as the alarm when off he knew my gut was right.”

“I told you to calm down Junho. You worry too much about her, but I think I know why.” Junsu smirked as Junho gave him a questionable look.  Junsu pulled out something from his jacket, “You know the cell phone charm I gave her for her birthday.”

“Yeah!” Wooyoung answered, “What about it?”

“The charm is a tracker. I know where she is at every minute of every day.” Junsu looked down at his device. “Jaeyeon is currently on the roof of the museum.”

“Hey grandpa Daegu you should have told us that before. I had no idea that the cell phone charm you gave her has a tracker in it.” Junho said crossing her arms.

“I think it’s kind of creepy that you know where she is every day.” Wooyoung commented.

“Awww, but it is fun watching you overreact Junho ah.” Junsu smirk grew on his face and he looked at Chansung and Taecyeon who were heading in a direction because they heard something.

“When she finds out she is going to kill you and I would pay money to see that.” Wooyoung said.

---

By the time I got to the roof Jay was gone. My fist clenched and I knew I had to get out of here because he set off the alarm; the authorities were going to be here any minute. I pulled something out of the pouch that was attacked to my thigh and ran towards the edge of the roof. I jumped and hooked the rope to the pole and made my way down to the ground. I landed perfectly on my feet and wrapped the rope up and put it away.

I was really mad at myself for letting Jay get to me. After not seeing him for about three years my mind turned to mush. I stood up and heard someone yell in my direction, “Boss!” I looked up and saw Chansung and Taecyeon run towards me. Taecyeon was looking at me strangely again. What was wrong with 2PM today?

Chansung quickly took off his jacket and put it over my shoulders. “Boss what happened to other half of your dress.”

“I had to rip it in order to fight someone.” I looked at him. I looked up and noticed Wooyoung also running over.

“You seemed bothered by something. Are you ok boss?” Wooyoung asked as he looked at her legs and an obvious blush appeared on his cheeks.

“Aigo guys stop looking at the boss like that.” Junho said as he took off his jacket to cover my legs, “It’s not right. You all look like erts!”

Taecyeon hit Junho on the back of his head, “You’re the ert for saying something like that.”  

Junsu came over and put his devise away, “We are glad you are ok Jaeyeon. When we lost contact someone…” Junho and Wooyoung elbowed Junsu in the stomach, “We were all worried about you.”

“I’m fine guys! I’m going to head back to the office. I need to write up a few reports about tonight.” She handed the boys their jackets back, “I will be fine.” She looked at Junho as he did not take his jacket. “Lee Junho take your jacket back.”

“You need it more than me boss. I rather you keep it. Give it back to me another time.” Junho said as he walked away with Chansung. Wooyoung quickly followed them because he seemed to be awkward tonight.

I started to walk in the opposite direction, “Oh Junsu!” I turned to look at him, “If you bug anymore of my birthday gifts your dead.”

---

I entered my office and let out a sigh. I changed my clothes from earlier, and headed over to a file cabinet and took the key that was around my neck to open it.  I pulled out a few files and sat on my desk.

I opened the files. One file was about my father’s disappearance and the other file was about Jay. I wanted to figure out how they were connected there had to be something. It finally came to me. My father disappeared around the same time that Jay and I were on our mission when he disappeared.

I could not believe I was so stupid. That mission was most-likely face to lead away from my father so they could kidnap him. He did not mysteriously vanish, but was actually kidnapped. Why did I not see this before? I started to wonder if he was still alive or dead. I shook off that thought and walked backed over to the filing cabinet and locked the two files back up.

2PM did not know that Jay was a part of my agency. He disappeared and a few months later I recruited 2PM. Shortly after they joined they became my top agents. I don’t plan on telling them the truth. What they don’t know won’t hurt them.

---

The next day I was shocked to see 2PM in the training room. I guess they did not have a schedule today. I noticed Nichkhun was talking to Wooyoung and I walked over to him and hit him on the back of head. He turned around and looked at me with his big eyes.

“Boss!” He had a worried expression on his face as he rubbed the back of the head, “You hit hard.”

“You get today’s punishment.” I smirked, “You have to deal with the new recruits and train them until they are up to my standards.” 

Chansung was training on his own like always does because he beats every opponent that faces him.  Taecyeon was his only strong opponent, but he was napping on one of the mats. The eye smiling fool, Junho was talking to my intermediate agents who go on simple missions. Junho noticed people getting excited and looked over at me. He smiled at me, “Hey boss can you help me demonstrate something real quick.”

I walked over to him and smiled and all the agents bowed to me. “Ok Junho what do you need to demonstrate.”

“You just stand there boss and everything will play out how I want it to or at least I hope it will.” Junho eyes smiled and all the female agents squealed. Junho came up behind me and grabbed me from behind, but I grabbed his arm and flipped him over. Junho swung his leg under my feet and held me down on the ground, “Boss you were supposed to let me attack you from behind.”

“I’m your boss Junho! That looks bad on my part if I let you wind besides....” I kicked him in the stomach, “you will never beat me.” I sat on top of him holding his wrist down on the mat.  “This is a lesson for all you guys! Do not underestimate your opponent. A female operative can be stronger than you.” I suddenly was on my back and Junho was hovering over me.

“One other thing that you need to remember is do not get distracted or you will end up losing.” Junho smirked as he looked at me. “Right Boss!”

---

 Wooyoung and Chansung were watching Jaeyeon and Junho have their monthly battle with their arms crossed. A few new agents were watching with them.

“I bet you 20 that boss is going to defeat Junho in a matter of seconds.” Chansung said to one of the new operative who asked for his help.

“I think Junho sunbae is going to win. I will take that bet.” The young agent said with a smirk on his face.

Chansung was right again. Jaeyeon was holding Junho down. She had his arms behind his back and his face was smashed against the mat. The kid gave Chansung 20 and walked away with his friends who were making fun of him.

“You really need to stop taking advantage of new operatives Channie. It’s not right” Wooyoung said.

“I will stop once Junho learns that he cannot beat the boss. I am the only person who can. That is why boss doesn’t want to fight me in public and when I fight boss we make bets and whoever wins feeds the other.” Chansung crossed his arms and looked over at Nichkhun. “I feel bad for Khun Hyung Jaeyeon’s standards are really high. He might not ever meet them.”

“I believe that Hyung can meet her standards.” Wooyoung sighed.

“She is going to be harder on him because he keeps missing missions. She is not too happy about that. I can tell.” Chansung picked up his water bottle and took a sip from it as he studied the room.

“Boss is always harsh. That is how we became her top agents. She was so hard on us and we learned from that. Something I think she is harsher than Jin Young Hyung..” Wooyoung looked at Chansung.

---

I leaned down to Junho’s ear and whispered, “You really need to stop doing this Junho. You always end up in this position because it’s embarrassing Mr. Ninja.”

“It’s because I let you win! I do it on purpose. If you want a real battle I will give you one, but not in the presents of our trainees.” Junho whispered back.

“I would like to see that! One more question Junho.” I pushed him down harder on the mat “Where is Junsu?”

“He is going over the surveillance from yesterday.” I quickly let go of Junho and hurried over to the surveillance reviewing room. That is where Junsu was always working. I opened the door and Junsu quickly looked at me.

“So Junho lost again and you got the information you wanted out of him.  One more thing you really should stop Chansung from making bets against you and Junho’s little battless. Oh Khun is having a few issues with the new trainees, but I bet you paid them off to do that. Good job boss he needs to be taught a lesson and some of the trainees are drawing on OKCAT’s face while he sleeps.”

“That doesn’t matter right now. Have you gone over the footage from yesterday yet?” I asked.

“Most of it!” Junsu stood up and walked over to me. He shut the door behind me and locked it. “We need to talk about something boss?”

“And why is that?” I knew what was coming, but I just wanted to play dumb.

“Why didn’t you tell us Jay was a former agent, and that you were his ex-partner? I could tell that there was something between you by the way he was treating you. He even kissed you on the cheek and you did nothing” Junsu placed and hand by my head and looked at me. “Do not lie to me boss. All I want is the truth.”Authors Note: Please don't be mad please don't be mad! I made Jay the bad guy for a reason. He fit the part for the rest of my story. He was in 2PM once. I do like Jay don't get me wrong. I find him really funny. It is easy to figure out my bias. Aigo I always have 2PM making bets in my fics. Hehehe you will have to find out what Jaeyeon tells Junsu or if she tell him at all