Chapter 45 - The Past is the Past

Idols by Day Spies by Night

Chapter 45 - The Past is the Past

"What did you do Jay?" I asked as I pulled Sungjong back. "Jonggie don't do anything stupid that can get you hurt. I will take care of him."

"But he took  you noona and hurt hyung. I cannot just sit here and wait around. I need to do something to him. I am not a weak kid like people say." Sungjong said with tears streaming down his face. "Noona you deserve to be happy and not be put through all this pain."

"Do you think I care that I put Sunggyu's life on the line? I don't because I am going to get exactly what I want. I don't care if people die because of my greed." Jay said and smirked at Sungjong, "Someone has a short temper." He watched as I tightened my hold on Sungjong.

"Sungjong..." I whispered into his ear, "I have a plan, but it might be deadly, but it is the best thing I could come up with in short notice." I told Sungjong the rest of my plan and he smirked.

"What did you say to him?" Jay asked.

"Do you really want to know what I asked him or are you just going to be an about everything. Do you want my answer or not?"

---

Doojoon sighed, "So this is what he is planning?"  He looked at Hyuna and Hyunseung as they hung out in Jaeyeon's office. "How long do we have for Sunggyu?"

"The note said 48 Hour's Oppa" Hyuna said in a sad voice. "Gyu oppa doesn't deserve this. He loves unnie and unnie loves him. She been through too much and if she loses someone else it may throw her over the edge like before. She already tried to kill herself before, and I don't want Jaeyeon unnie to... unnie had always been there for me. We trained together and she is like a sister."

"I know that Hyuna. I was here for that." Doojoon sighed.

"What do you mean that she tried to kill herself before? Is the boss that unstable?" Chansung asked.

"She is not unstable, but she has it hard." Doojoon explained.  "I was the one who stopped her from hurting herself even more that night when everything came crumbling to the ground.  She lost everything in one night, I would have reacted the same if I was in her shoes.  The company wouldn't be the same without her, and..."

"And what?" Hyuna crossed her arms and looked at Doojoon, "What did unnie tell you that she didn't tell me! Unnie tells me everything!"

"Um..." Doojoon face turned pink, "She is really not herself when she drinks."

"Did you take advantage of her?" Junsu asked.

"No I would never do such a thing. What type of man do you think I am? She was just seventeen if I remember correctly, when all of this happened?  She started to drink after that night she tried to kill herself, but that is not relevant right now."

"Are you going to tell us or not. We need to figure this out and the drinking thing is relevant. The boss still drinks now when she isn't supposed to" Wooyoung said in an annoyed tone. "We also need to Inform Infinite about what is going on with Sunggyu."

"I will do that!" Hyuna said with a smile, "Hyungseung stay you will only make things worse you babo!" Hyuna left the office.

---

"Jaeyeon yahh Song Jaeyeon." Someone was calling her name as they moved the rubble away.  "I found her, but her breathing isn't steady."

All she heard was voices and sirens, but as time passed she felt warm and safe.  She could not explain the feeling.

Jaeyeon's eyes slowly opened and she realized she was no longer in the mountain she was told to stay by Park Jaebum. She looked over and noticed that Doojoon was asleep by her bed. She sat up slowly and realized she was in the hospital with an IV attached to her arm.

She was trying to remember what happened to her and could not understand what was happening.  She was trying to remember past evens. She pulled the IV out of her arm and stood up and walked over to the door where she heard voices.

"How am I supposed to tell my younger sister that our father is missing and her former partner was a double agent?  I also need to tell her that I am leaving the spy business and don't know what is going to happen to fathers company.  I cannot risk my life as a spy anymore. I just proposed to my girlfriend and she is pregnant. I cannot put their lives endanger."

Tears made their appearance and Jaeyeon's lashes and she knew there had to be a way to escape this.  She looked over at the door that lead to the outside.  Jaeyeon walked over to the door and opened it, stepping outside. She could feel the rain hit her face and she took a deep breath.  She walked over to the railing and was about to lift herself over it when she felt strong arms wrap around her waist.

"Don't do it Jaeyeon.  Don't leave Yeonnie you have a life here and you cannot let one man hurt that. You need to be strong for your father. That is what he would have wanted.  We have already started looking for him. You need to rest."

"But..." Jaeyeon turned around and hugged onto Doojoon, "I want to die!"

"If you were dead so many people would be sad. I don't want to lose a great friend like you who keeps me strong. Please Yeonnie I hate seeing you like this."

---

Dongwoo made their way down the hall and found a room that was out of the ordinary.  They noticed that there was a glass barrier.

Dongwoo walked up to the glass and saw someone familiar, "Hoya get over her now."

Hoya rushed over to Dongwoo and noticed that Jaeyeon's father was in there.  It seemed like he had experiments conducted on him.  A man came up the glass and looked at the two men, "You are Jang Dongwoo and Lee Howon of Infinite."

Dongwoo and Hoya both nodded.  Hoya eyes narrowed, "And you are Jaeyeon's father right?"

"I am and you are the group that I had a dear friend of mine create. How is Jungyeol?" Jaeyeon's father asked.

"He is well!" Dongwoo said.

"That's good! What are you boys doing here? Why isn't Sunggyu with you?" Jaeyeon's father asked.

"He is in the hospital right now. He was protecting Jaeyeon noona and almost got himself killed by U-Kiss. Jay Park kidnapped your daughter and we think she is here somewhere. Sungjong came to, but we cannot find him."

"What do you mean Jay kidnapped my daughter?"

"We think he wants to use her for some reason!" Dongwoo said, "Do you know what that reason is?"

"He created a new drug that enhances a spy's ability.  The first test subjects were SM Entertainment's group Exo, but there were test before Exo's and they failed. I was one of those test subject's and the test that were conducted are slowly killing me.  I think Jay wants to make an wager with my daughter.  He wants her to exchange herself for me, but I am going to die anyway. Find her and tell her to not agree to what Jay says and protect the jewels.  They are the last piece to the puzzle. If they get their hand on that technology it will destroy the world."

---

There was a knock on the door of Infinite's dorm.  Myungsoo rubbed his eyes and wondered who will be here this late at night.  He pressed the botton on the intercom, "Who is it?

"It's Hyuna, we need to talk about up Unnie and Sunggyu." Hyuna said as the door opened and she looked at Myungsoo.  His hair was all over the place and he and only hand on a black t-shirt and shorts.

"What's wrong Hyuna?" Myungsoo asked.

"Is the rest of the members here?"

"It's only me, Sungyeol, and Woohyun hyung.  I have no clue where Dongwoo and Hoya Hyung are.  I think Sungjong is up to something and I think it has something to do with Sunggyu hyung asking him to do him a favor."

"Are the others awake?" Hyuna asked.

"No, do you want me to wake them?" Myungsoo asked and Hyuna nooded.

an - I think there are some grammer and other mistakes but I wanted to post this because of the hurricane. Don't worry i'm safe.  I hope you like this chapter and the five more that I am trying to write. I'm trying to make this 50 chapters. ENJOY