Chapter 8: Fever

Idols by Day Spies by Night

Chapter 8: Fever

“Boss don’t leave.” Chansung said rubbing his eyes. I thought he was sleeping, but when I looked over to the living room again I noticed a hug banna stuffed animal was in Chansung’s place. This kid always seems to catch me off guard.  

“I’m hungry!” I lied as I held my stomach, “I did not eat much today.”

“Oh” Chansung looked around and noticed everyone was still asleep, “I will take you to my favorite place that Hyung’s don’t know about. I also don’t want to cook and wake them up.” Chansung pulled his sweatshirt hood up and pulled me along. “I always go to this place when I need time to think, and the food is amazing.”

“Is it really open at 3AM?” I gave him a questionable look as he dragged me out of 2PM’s dorm.

“It’s always open boss because it is a special place.” Chansung said as we walked around the streets of Seoul and suddenly pulled me close to him, “Please don’t tell hyungs about it; I go there to get away from them.” He whispered to me, and his breath felt so warm against my ear.

“I promise. One more question what is with you guys and the skinshop with me lately?” I asked him, and his eyes became wide.

“Oh sorry about that boss.” Chansung said as he let go of her, “I like seeing this side of you. You sweet and cute side is nice to see every once and awhile. I can never tell what type of girl you are. When we try to get to know you Jaeyeon your personality changes in an instant, and makes us rethink who you really are.”

“I’m your boss I am supposed to do that. I need to keep the mystery alive. You still did not answer my question” I walked backwards smiling at him. Chansung was the easiest to be around because he does not cause any trouble like the other members; he was fun to hand out was. I rarely had to lecture him about anything.

“Umm, I’m not sure how to answer that.” Chansung tapped his chin. “And boss you should not dress like that. People might think wrong things about you and I don’t want people to think bad things about you.” Chansung said shyly. “Junho is right about that boss. You should dress umm…”

“You seem uncomfortable?” I stopped on purpose and he crashed into me. The giant maknae nearly knocked me over. His arms wrapped around my waist to prevent me from falling, but let go of me once I was stable. “Is the way I am dressing making you boys go crazy lately.”

“Umm…” Chansung started to not make sense when I moved closer to him. “Boss umm...can you not...”

“There I got my answer. When I dress like this I drive you boys crazy. Now I know you are weak around girls who dress to revealing.” I moved away from Chanaung.

“Why did you do that to me boss. It would have been more fun if you did it to hyung. Are you doing this because I am the maknae.” Chansung crossed his arms.

“Nope” I smirked, “Aigo do you know anything about spy work. I dress certain ways for a reason. What you boys don’t know won’t hurt you?” I said with a slight smirk on my face, but then I realized what I just said.

“Wait were you gathering information tonight.” Chansung asked me as I looked at him strangely.

“No, I had a date” I noticed the look on his face stiffen when I mentioned the word date. Did the 2PM boys not like the idea of me dating, “and no I am not going to tell you who I went out with. Don’t worry it is no one from the agency. I don’t mix business and pleasure.”

“Are you sure you don’t? You seem to enjoy messing with Junho?” Chansung smirked, “If you like Junho I promise not to tell him. I just might have to steal you from him.”

“What?” I gave him a weird look.

“I’m joking boss, but you are very attractive. I could not believe that you did not have a boyfriend. Oh here it is.” He said and I looked at the little shop that he brought me to. “They treat me well here and they will be happy to meet my friend. Ahjummaaaa” Chansung said cheerfully.

Chansung is always childish when food is involved. I started to giggle and he looked at me strangely.

---

“Hyuna be careful.” Hyunseung said as he lifted Hyuna into the air, so she was able to reach the window. He watched as she pushed the window open, and crawled in. Hyuna stepped on Hyunseung head to get herself through the window.

“Yahhh that hurt.” Hyunseung yelled.

“Sorry oppa, but that is for flirting with Jaeyeon unnie. She is out of your league so stop trying so hard.” She landed on her feet and opened the door for Hyunseung,

“She is not out of my league; Jaeyeon is exactly my type.” Hyunseung smirked as he looked at Hyuna. “What are you getting jealous?”

“No I’m not jealous, but she is not a type of girl who dates a person right away. She is not the person she once was. She is coldhearted and plays with people’s emotions. She is more deceived and y at times. It takes her forever to trust someone.” Hyuna said as she looked through paper work, “The kind hearted girl she used to be disappeared forever.”

“What exactly happened?” Hyunseung asked, “I only know parts of her story.”

“I know the same amount of information that you know. Jaeyeon unnie holds everything in and does not like letting anyone know what she is think. I guess that is why she is the boss, but It is very dangerous. She does not let people in. Jaeyeon unnie used to tell me everything, but we barely see each other anymore.”

“I think I found something?” Hyunseung said as he opened the file, and took out his phone and took pictures.

“Oppa, I hear someone coming.” She hurried over to Hyunseung as he finished up the last few pictures. He closed the file just has Hyuna grabbed his wrist. She pulled him into a closet with cleaning supplies in it.

“If you wanted to make out you should have told me.” Hyunseung smirked as Hyuna hit him.

“Be quiet babo.” Hyuna pulled out a mini mic and slid it under the door.

---

Five men entered the room and were making a bunch of noise. “So who is are next job?” Mir asked.

Seungho unlocked a file in the desk and placed it on the table, and opened it. “Her name is Jaeyeon.” The boys looked at the girl and smirked.

“Wow she is hot?” Joon and Thunder said at the same time. “Are you sure we have to kill her.”

“We are not killing her yet!” G.O said, “We need to figure things out about her first. Her habits, who she is close to, who is in her agency.”

Mir looked at his hyungs, “Who gave us the job?”

“The person who gave us the job is Jay Park. He was her former partner, and he does not want us to kill her. He wants us to find out her weaknesses and bring her to him. The research is going to take some time because we have our comeback soon. Once we are done focusing on that we will start are research.” Seungho said, “Let’s go to practice.”

The members of MBLAQ left the room and the building.

---

Hyuna pulled out her recorder and looked at Hyunseung. “Jay Parks wants something with her, but I don’t know what.”

“We need to warn her?” Hyunseung said, “Do you have her number?”

“I do, but there is no way I am letting you have it.” Hyuna said as she pulled out her phone, but Hyunseung wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her into his chest. He watched as her face turn pink and grabbed her phone out of her hand. He found Jaeyeon’s number and memorized it in an instant so he could call her another time. He hit the call button and it started to ring.

“Hello!”

---

“Hello.” I said with a mouth full of food.

“Hey babe, can we meet” Hyunseung said to me as I spit out my mouth full of ramen. Chansung looked at me strangely, but went back to his food moments later. He was on his eighth bowl. “YAHHHHH Hyunseung. You babo what the hell.” I heard someone get slapped in the back of the head. I stood up and headed outside.

“Hyuna what’s wrong?” I asked with concern in my voice.

“We need to meet sometime soon. We need to let you know something. Meet us tomorrow at out usually spot.Hyuna hyung up and when I turned around I saw Chansung looked at me.

“What is it?”I asked him.

“What was that phone call about? The person sounded worried and familiar.” Chansung looked at me with those eyes.

“It’s nothing you need to be concerned about?” I looked at him and started to walk away, but Chansung caught my arm and pushed me against the wall. His facial expression changed once again.

“It is something and you know that Junsu hyung can figure it out in an instant.” Chansung said as he leaned closer to me. He gripped onto both of my wrist and looked at me closely to see if he could tell what I was thinking.

“It cannot be crack and my phone has encryptions that Nichkhun and Junsu cannot crack. Too bad you will never find out the secrets I have.”

“I will find out somehow because it seems like your life is threaten lately. Is there…” I was inches from Chansung’s lips. I could feel his warm breath against my skin.

“There is nothing; I feel overworked lately, and should rest, but I can’t. Just leave it be right now ok.”  I moved away from him and the dizzy sensation rece again; I out moments later.Authors Note: I am not to sure how I feel about this chapter, but it is leading into what I have planned later. I focused on Chansung this chapter because of food. If its Food its Chansung. lol Well I'm back at college so updates might take longer. I have 6 classes, 3 labs, and one of my classes I will be going to China for 10 days in March so I will be vanishing in March for a bit. ENJOY! I am making minor edits to the other chapters. I caught spelling and miss used grammer.