Chapter 25: Something Unbreakable

Idols by Day Spies by Night

Chapter 25: Something Unbreakable

I made my way back to my office after talking to Junsu about trying to find the mole in the company.  I trusted that he was able to figure out who was putting this agency on the line and leaking information to Jay Park.

I opened the door to my office and saw Hyuna sitting on the desk of my office, "Hi unnie!" She said cheerfully and had the smile on her face from when we were kids.  Hyuna was kicking her legs back and forth as her smile continued to grow. She seemed to be more cheerful than normal, but then I suddenly realized Hyunseung wasn’t here to make her angry.

I started to wonder if Hyuna and Hyunseung were ever going to start dating. They always fight like a married couple, but Hyunseung is a playboy so it might be hard to tame him.

"Hyuna is something wrong?" I asked as I shut my office door and leaned against it. "You normally don't pop in like this."

"I did more research about that cloning facility in Thailand that 2PM went too recently and I found out who owns it." Hyuna said, “It is an easy guess, and if you don’t guess correctly I will slap you.”

“You really think you can slap me…” I said as I took the file from her, “where is Hyunseung he normally would not miss out on a chance of seeing me.”

"Hyunseung isn't here because he is not feeling well! If he was here he would be in a headlock already." Hyuna crossed her arms and puffed out her cheeks, “If he saw you hair right now he would be all over you.”

 I chuckled at Hyuna’s last comment and opened the file and sighed, "I should have known it was SM!" I looked up at Hyuna "Something wrong?"

"Nothing unnie..." Hyuna who was noe leaned against the desk, "Did you have fun in Paris and were you able to get what you needed?"  

I reached into my jacket and pulled out the necklace that I got from Paris. "It has a strange symbol on it and I think there are more out there besides this one. I will know after I conduct test tonight."

"Let me know if you need anything." Hyuna went out the open window that she entered. "Unnie make sure you keep these locked or that bastard will use it against you." Hyuna climbed out on the fire escape and jumped down about five stories to the streets.

I shut my window and locked it before I made my way over to my desk and sat down at it. I started to work on paperwork when my phone started to buzz. I was about to look at the message when Junho opened my door and slammed it behind him.

 "Yahhh where have you been?" Junho crossed his arms and glared at me.

 "Hello to you to! I spent the night at a friend’s place..." I wrote down a few things. "I am pulling your solo mission."  

"What friend…” Junho crossed his arms. “Why are you pulling it? Everything is going well! She is completely falling for me!" Junho said in an annoyed tone.

I placed my pen down, "Don't question me Junho! I am your boss and what I say goes! You are no longer tailing SNSD and Hyoyeon."

 Junho took a few steps towards my desk and slammed his hands on my desk, "There has to be a reason..." Junho tone was getting colder and colder as he spoke.

 "I told you I have my damn reasons. You can go now or I will make you leave my office!" I looked away from him.

 "Don't tell me you are pulling me from this mission because you think I might let my pass feelings for Hyoyeon get in the way." Junho crossed his arms, "You are jealous..." Junho’s eyes were different, and I started to wonder if something happened to him during their Paris mission. “I’m not leaving unless you talk to me.”

 "Your personal life is none of my business if you want to date her I am not stopping you." I stood up and looked at him, "I have somewhere to be than deal with you and your annoying attitude right now!"

 I grabbed my cell phone off of my desk and noticed Sunggyu sent me a message about there being more than one necklace. The message also said he sent Myungsoo and Sungjong to do the research on the locations and purposes of the necklaces.  

---

 Junho came into the training room with a very annoyed look on his face. Chansung looked at him and blocked Nichkhun’s kick, “Something wrong Junho…you rarely have that type of look on your face…”

“What did Jaeyeon do this time?” Taecyeon asked as he sat up. He was relaxing on one of the many mats in the training room. “Did she flip at you when you told her that you like her?”  

“She pulled me from the solo mission she put me on. That babo did not give me a reason why, but if she thinks I am going to stop the mission just because she said so…I’m not till I get to the bottom of this.”

“She gave you a solo mission…wait…is that why you have been hanging around Hyoyeon?” Nichkhun asked as he kicked Chansung onto the ground.

“Boss is not that crazy to mess with SM…or is she. Jaeyeon has been acting stranger than normal lately…she could be busy with finding out who is behind the cloning or…” Wooyoung said, “I think boss likes someone or might be dating someone. Why would she change her hair like that?”

“I like her short hair better!” Junho said coldly.

“We all know you like her so just make a move already?” Nichkhun said as he wiggled his eyebrows.

 ---

I had my hair tied up in a messy bun as I examined the necklace when Doojoon entered the lab. He leaned against the counter I was working at and looked at me with a concerned look on his face. “Is that necklace why you were in Paris?”

“Maybe…” I smirked as Doojoon crossed his arms and looked at me with a ‘you better tell me’ look.  I looked closely at the necklace and ran my fingers across symbol. There was something about this necklace that seemed familiar but I could not figure out what it was.

“Maybe what?” Doojoon asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder and turned me towards him. “Is there some other reason why you went to Paris…the 2PM boys could have handled getting the necklace.”

“This is something that I had to do when I was out there…” My voice trailed off, “…I ran into an old friend.”  

“Who did you run into?” Doojoon asked, “It better not be that bastard.”

“It was not that bastard…I ran into Sunggyu.” I looked away from Doojoon and continued to work again.

“I thought her quit the spy business when he was pushed aside, and disappeared from the agency. He was supposed to be your partner…right? It would have been better if he became your partner. What is he up to now?” Doojoon said as he placed a hand on my chin and made me look at him, “Is there something that you are not telling me.”

“He is the leader of Infinite, a seven member spy squad under Woollim who is the sister company that my father set up before he disappeared. Is there anything else you want to know?” I grabbed onto his wrist and removed his hand from my chin.

“Wait…is that where you spent the night!” Doojoon asked in his big brother tone.

“Who knows maybe I did maybe I didn’t…guess?” I smirked at him and went back to my work.

---

I made my way onto the roof of the next know location of the second necklace of twelve. I looked down at what I was wearing…black shorts, black thigh high boots, and a black leather jacket. My hair was tied up in a ponytail and strapped to my back was a katana. I had a feeling that I was going to run into trouble so I came prepared.

I had a very uneasy feeling and was about to make my way inside when someone flashed in front of me and grabbed me by the neck. I could feel the air thin around me.

“Kai do not kill her!” Suho said as he grabbed the person wrist and pulled it away from my neck.

“Hyung stop messing with my fun and go away.” He pushed Suho aside and disappeared and appeared behind me. He placed an arm around my waist and placed his head on my shoulder, “I want to play with noona for a bit.”

“He is not going to listen to you Suho hyung.” Sehun said, “When does he ever listen to anyone?”

“You should talk to her nicely first Kai before assaulting her, but I bet she can beat the crap out of you anyway.” Lay said from a distance. He was sitting on the raised ledge of the building.

Ice started to come from a distance and was about to go up Kai’s leg, but he teleported away before the ice could touch him. XiuMin leaned against the wall and just glared at Kai with an annoyed look on his face. XiuMin did not say a word to anyone.

Luhan sighed, “No fighting with each other…we are on the same team. I am sorry Kai…its five to one. We talk first and if she does not cooperate we fight.”

“Fine…Hey You! Do you have the necklace on you?” Kai said in a harsh tone.

Suho shot an orb of water at him, “Yahhh stop using informalities,” but the orb of water never reached Kai because he teleported before the water touched him.

Sehun tilted his head, “Noona if you give us the necklace we won’t hurt you...I promise!” He used his angyo.

“I’m not giving you anything…EXO!” I said with a smirk on my face.

“So you know what we are…” Kai appeared behind me as I pulled out my Katana, but Kai grabbed it and yanked sword out of my hand before I could do anything. He disappeared and reappeared moments later. He hit my shoulder with the katana that he took from me, and I could feel a sharp pain throughout my entire body.

He dropped the katana to the ground; the white handle was coved in his blood. Did he not even occur to him that his hand was bleeding severely, “You…don’t play games.”

LuHan raised his hand and I went flying back to the edge of the building. I looked behind me and down and noticed the busy streets below. “We will meet again Song Jaeyeon.”

I suddenly flew back a bit more and was able to grab the ledge of the building before I fell to my death, but I did not know how long I could hang here. I could feel the stinging sensation in my shoulder and my grip quickly weakened.

I closed my eyes and did not scream when my finger tips slipped from the cold cement ledge I was holding onto, but for some odd reason the sensation of falling thirty-stories never came. I looked up and saw…

A.N. --> Yippy for another chapter. This one came easy to me because I had the idea pop into my head right away...

check out my new poll and make sure you vote!