Chapter 4: Importance

Idols by Day Spies by Night

 Chapter 4: Importance

“It’s not important.” I could not look him directly in the eye. Grandpa Daegu’s panda eyes made things really difficult; those eyes are really hard to resist. All these boys had their charm points, and that is what got me in trouble the last time. I fell for someone I worked with. I got hurt the last time, and I will never let something like that happen again as long as I live.

“Boss it seems important to me and vital to the mission we just had. You really need to tell me what is going on. You need to stop holding in everything; it is not healthy!” Junsu grabbed onto my hand and pulled me over to his desk chair and pushed me down on it. I was unsure why I was letting him do this to me. I watch as he sat down on the desk and looked at me. “Jaeyeon don’t talk to me like I am one of your agents. You can talk to me like I am your big brother. Big Brother Daegu is here for you.”

“I really don’t know where to begin Junsu.” I looked up at him, “I think it would be better if we talked in my office. I have the files locked up in there that will help explain everything and it will give you a better understanding of the truth.”

“Ok we will go to your office to talk.” He turned off the computer and pulled out the flask drive that had all the information from last night; he put it in his pocket. Junsu is not the type of person to keep thinks lying around.  “Let’s go boss and don’t try and escape! Big Brother Daegu sees all.” He said as he put an arm around my shoulder.

“Big Brother Daegu should learn not to poke his nose into other people’s business.” I looked at him.

“But it is my job to poke my nose into others people’s business.” Junsu chuckled as they arrived outside of my office door. I pulled out a key and opened it. I walked into my office and Junsu followed behind me. I took the necklace with the key off of my neck and opened the file cabinet.

“Junsu shut the door. I do not want to be over heard” I held the two files in my hand and sat down on my desk and watch as Junsu shut the door. I watched him walk over and sit in the chair in front of my desk. “Almost three years ago I was sent on a mission with Jay and he disappeared.  I was left alone and nearly killed. I was found by my father’s top agents because they came to find me after my father disappeared.” I handed Junsu the files and he looked at it. “I don’t remember much about that mission. Every time I think about it, the story is different.”

“So that is why Jay vanished every once and awhile when he was in 2PM. So he was an agent here.” Junsu asked.

“Yes, he was one of the best. Too bad he was a double agent.” I looked at him, “and only went on that mission with me to distract me and keep me away from my father so they could kidnap him. I cannot believe I dated that idiot.”

“You dated Jay” Junsu looked at me with wide eyed.

“Yes, but he only dated me to distract me and get close to my brother. I was so stupid back then.” I crossed my arms and looked away.

“Your still attracted to him aren’t you?” Junsu questioned and stood up and looked at me with a smirk on his face.

“I am not attracted to him. I once was, but not anymore.” I continued not to look at him, but moments later he placed a hand on my chin and made me look at him.

“You’re lying if you are not looking me in the eye. When people don’t look into my eyes they are lying.” Junsu said, “He hurt you didn’t he? Is this why you are cold to everyone you meet.”

“I’m not lying.” I said calmly, “I am cold because I do not want to have my heartbroken again and I do not want to lose anyone. I already lost my father. He was fit to run this place better than me. I became the boss of this place at nineteen. That is not normal Junsu. I did not have a chance to do what I really want to.” My face felt a little wet, “Why am I telling you all this?” Moments later I was pulled into a hug.

“Jaeyeon I promise not to let anything happen ok. I won’t let you get hurt. Not all guys are like that. There is a guy out there for you who will treat you right; he might be closer than you think.” Junsu hug felt so kind heart and I felt like he understood me.

“Just don’t tell anyone what I told you or your dead.” I said as he let go of me.  I need to put the files away anyways. “I do not want anyone to know about my past and use it against me. You better not use it against me or bad things will happen to you.” I put the files away and locked the file cabinet. I stood up and walked over to Junsu. “The only bad thing is that he said he is always watching. I wonder what he means by that?”

“I know I saw the surveillance boss.” Junsu said as he opened the door. “I will watch out for you. I will set up surveillance everywhere, and please keep the bug I have in your phone. I need to know where you are at all times. The bug tracks you and if you run into Jay again you can use this.” Junsu handed me something and I looked at it.

“What does it do?” I asked as I walked down the hall with Junsu.

“If you attach this to him Jaeyeon we will be able to know where he goes, and it may lead us to you father.” Junsu crossed his arms. “It will also lead us to who he works for.”

“You know you are really brilliant at times?” I said to him as I looked at device and put it away.

“Thanks! I am handsome to boss? Victoria sii said I was and I want to know if boss thinks I am handsome.”  

“I think you are talented at your job. What else do you want from me Junsu?” I looked at him and headed into the training room where everyone was. Junsu came in behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Yahhh Hyung what are you doing to boss?” Chansung asked as he walked over.

“We just were going over the surveillance from yesterday to figure out the next move we need to take. That mission is not over yet. We are still trying to figure out who the person was who broke in and what opposing agency they are from.”

“There was two of them?” Chansung asked.

“Yes, there were two and one of them got…” I elbowed Junsu in the stomach and he grabbed it. “Nevermind.”

“Chansung can you get the rest of 2PM. I have a new batch of missions for you boys while you are in Japan for your second single release.” I watched as Chansung turned around and I turned and gave Junsu the look.

“I said too much didn’t I?” Junsu asked.

---

A girl came out of Jaeyeon’s agency and walked down an alley. She smirked when she saw someone leaning against the wall.

“What did you find out?” Jay asked the girl.

“Jaeyeon is sending 2PM on a batch of missions when they are in Japan. She is probably going to be alone that whole time, but be careful. Junsu oppa gave her something as they were walking down the hall, but I am not sure what it is. That is all I got because Jaeyeon unnie has her office lined with something. I was unable to hear her full conversation with Junsu oppa. I only heard the part that he is going to keep an eye on her and make sure she remains ok.”

“Knowing that she is going to be alone for a week is all I need.” Jay said as he put his hood back up and walked away from the girl who headed back into Jaeyeon’s agency. Authors Note: I updated ^^. Sorry that it is a lot of Junsu, but I want the story to gradually go on. What is 2PM's missions while they are in Japan. Ohh I had to change Jaeyeon's picture because photobucket was being dumb, but I like the new picture. OOOOOOooooo and I finally made a bannor. Do you like it?