Water

Regret

The whole time during his schedule, Leo can't stop the feeling of guilt that has started to eat him from the inside.  He knows he's the one to blame for N's condition at the moment. He knows that if only he cared to even spend a moment to look after N, then the leader won't be in such condition. 

As soon as he finished his schedule, Leo has asked the manager to send him back to the hospital rather than to the dorm.He feels the need to make up for the mistake he has done.

Now,  he's standing at N's bed side, watching the still unconscious leader who have an IV drip connected to his arm and an oxygen mask over his face. His skin is pale and the movement of his chest almost unnoticeable but it's still there, he's still breathing. Alive. 

Sighing heavily, Leo glances at Hyuk who's dozing off on the couch at one side of the private ward,still wearing the attire meant for his schedule. It's obvious that the maknae has not gone anywhere from the moment Leo left with the manager. He has been there with N although he must be exhausted from his schedule, unlike Leo who refused to look after the leader eventhough he's not occupied with anything at all. 

The fact hit the main vocalist hard and a feeling of shame wash over him. 

'Just what kind of friend is he? '

'A useless one '

'Yes, a useless one'

A soft groan attracts his attention and he looks down just in time to see N cracking his eyes open using what seems to be his best effort. 

"Hakyeon. "Leo says, acknowledging him. 

N blinks at him but made no attempt to even do anything else. 

"Do you ne--"

"Hakyeon-hyung! "Hyuk's voice cuts off the main vocalist's question just like that. The maknae waste no time in approaching the leader even with the evident stagger in his steps, side effect of standing up so quickly upon waking up. 

"Keep you voice down. "Leo hiss, not missing the way N flinch at the maknae's loud voice. 

Hyuk pays Leo no mind as he sits at the edge of the bed. "How are you feeling, hyung? You really scared me! I thought..."he trailed off, a shudder racking through his tall form upon thinking about the worst possibility. 

N blinks and gives a little shake of his head, as if trying to assure his dongsaeng that nothing bad would have happened. 

Hyuk smiles slightly at the leader's thoughtful effort, feeling reassured. "Do you need anything, hyung? Does it hurt somewhere?  Do you need a doctor? "

N's lips moves as an answer but neither Hyuk nor Leo could hear what he said as his mouth and nose are still covered with the oxygen mask. 

Gently, Hyuk reaches down to remove the mask and puts his ear near N's lips, almost touching it, just as the leader says something once again. 

"W-water. "

"Water? "Hyuk straightens up. "Ah! You must be thirsty. "He motions for Leo to hands him the bottle of water from the nightstand. 

Leo grabs the bottle of water, uncaps it, and makes a move to help N to sit up. However, on reflex, the leader shy away from his touch. Taken aback by the unexpected response, Leo freeze. 

Whether he notice the sudden awkwardness or not, Hyuk choose to ignore it as he takes the bottle of water from Leo before placing one hand over N's back, aiding him to sit up by leaning his weight on the maknae. This time, the leader doesn't refuse the touch. 

Making sure that N is seated properly even as he fully depends on Hyuk to do that, the maknae places the bottle against the leader's lip and tilt it to help him drink. 

Leo can only watch the scene that unfolds in front of him. He still couldn't believe that N, who has always tried to initiate skinship with him, has just refuse his touch.