End

Regret

'Little steps? ' Leo thought to himself. 'Why must it be little steps? Does it mean that they'll have to start their friendship from the very beginning again? If so, why? Why can't they just continue from where they have left?"

"Okay? Can we do that? "

"Okay."well, its not like he have any choice. Whatever it is N offers him, he would take it gladly and he won't complain or ask for more. He realise that N was hurt deeply by him, his words, his action and that N need the reassurance that he won't repeat his mistakes all over again. So, yes. "Yes, we can. Little steps, I get it. "He confirms and N gives him a smile. 

"Thanks, Taekwoon. "

 

 

It has been days since they came back from the isolated journey and everything has been going on pretty well. 

The first thing Leo did when they arrived at the dorm was to find Ken, who's luckily just sitting in the furniture-less living room with both their rapper and their visual, and apologize to him, for making him scared and traumatised in which Ken just laugh it off, saying that he's doing fine already. Leo apologised to both Ravi and Hongbin too, of course and though they nagged at him at first, they eventually forgive him with a condition. 

What condition? Well, they told him to replace each and every single thing that he destroyed and of course, he's not going to say no to that since he knows it's all his fault. 

So, due to that condition, Leo is currently at a furniture shop today, with the tanned leader who's ranting about how much he loved their old coffee table by his side. 

"I want this one. "N says, pointing to the red coloured coffee table made of glass near him. "But I know you like that. "He points to another black one. 

"I don't mind. "Leo assures. 

"But you're paying. "N reminds. "Might as well get the one you like. "

Leo shakes his head, smiling. "I like whatever you like. "

N blinks then laughs. "Okay! "He cheers. "Then we'll get this one. "He confirms, telling the shopkeeper his choice. 

Once they have finished shopping for the furniture, N happily skipped out of the shop, eager to get home knowing that he can redecorate the dorm according to his style this time. 

"Careful, Hakyeon. "Leo warns, pulling N's hand to stop him from stepping right into a puddle of water. 

N looks down at the puddle and smiles sheepishly as he push Leo's hand away. "I know. "He assures.

 Leo sighs, looking at his own hand which N just push away. He knows it means that N still bears the pain he caused and he knows N is trying to say that he isn't ready to be as close as they were before but he also knows, he should make little steps.

Little steps like how N used to make when he tried to befriend Leo and makes him open up to the rest of the world. Little steps that make Leo the person he is right now. A person who has learnt that there are little things in this world that is worth being happy for, that there's nothing wrong with showing your emotion; that you should smile when you're happy, laugh when some thing is funny and talk when it's needed or even when it's not.

N's little steps and patience is something that changed Leo's whole world and Leo will never forget that. So now, its his turn to make his own little steps. It's his turn to bring back the old N, the N whom calls Leo his life long friend. 

"Come here. "Leo urge, this time, circling his arm around N's neck. "Lets get ice cream. "Yes, his little steps this time starts with a sweet, cold cone of ice cream and of course, with an undivided attention and affection as the toppings. 

N pulls away once more but Leo doesn't frown. He has learnt to be persistent yet patient because he knows that's exactly how N acts towards him before. 

"I want vanilla! "

"Yes, yes. I know. "Leo smiles, swallowing his despair deep down and only showing his bright side. "Lets buy some for the kids too. "

Happily his cone of ice cream, N just nods.

When it's finally time to go home, N grabs Leo's hand voluntarily and squeezes it. "I know you're trying. "He whispers before quickly letting go. "So thank you. But I--"

"I know, Hakyeon. "Leo assures. "It still hurts, isn't it? "He asks, and N nods once. "So I'll do my best to cast the pain away. No matter how long it will take, I'll keep trying. "

"Thanks. "

"Just one thing. "

"Yes? "

"Am I still your life long friend? "

"... you're... a friend . My friend. "